Underrated artists/bands

Toften

I thought I could make a thread about the artists/bands you think are underrated.

Zephyr

Zephyr was a rock/blues band from Denver in the 60/70's. The vocalist, Candy Givens, had an extremly good voice. You can hear she got inspiration from Janis Joplin. The guitarist would later work with band's like Deep Purple and James Gang, Tommy Bolin (I'll think that Tommy Bolin was an underrated guitarist). Unfortunately both Tommy Bolin and Candy Givens would later die of abusing drugs. I would promise you, if you like Led Zeppelin, you like this.

Zephyr - Hard Chargin' Woman

Zephyr - ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW9qYRUK0Tc...feature=related

Sorry for my bad english.

I thought I could make a thread about the artists/bands you think are underrated.

Zephyr

Zephyr was a rock/blues band from Denver in the 60/70's. The vocalist, Candy Givens, had an extremly good voice. You can hear she got inspiration from Janis Joplin. The guitarist would later work with band's like Deep Purple and James Gang, Tommy Bolin (I'll think that Tommy Bolin was an underrated guitarist). Unfortunately both Tommy Bolin and Candy Givens would later die of abusing drugs. I would promise you, if you like Led Zeppelin, you like this.

Zephyr - Hard Chargin' Woman

Zephyr - ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW9qYRUK0Tc...feature=related

Sorry for my bad english.

How's it going "Toften?" There is one band that I can recall that didn't quite get all of the recognition that they deserved. I'm even thinking about writing a thread on them. The band is called ARMAGEDDON. This band came out in the early 1970's and had Keith Relf as their singer and guitarist. As we all well know, Keith Relf will always be remembered for being the lead vocalist for THE YARDBIRDS. Are any of you familiar with ARMAGEDDON? ROCK ON!

People...check out a band from Scotland called 'THE ALMIGHTY"...blew me away in the '90's from the first few gig's in clubs to the larger venus. How they didn't rise to superstardom, I'll never know.

Remember the name and check them out...THE ALMIGHTY

Thornley

Please excuse the poor recording.

His latest single to be released next month. Make Believe.

XTC's "Dear God" meets Stairway. What a confluence of influence.

Listen to it a couple of times:

I wouldn't say this band is underated, but they're certainly underknown by many.

734113.jpg

Coincidentally Toften, the bassist Glenn Hughes of Trapeze also did a stint with Deep Purple. :) These guys were great! Their other fantastic album to me was Medusa, but the one I pictured grabbed me first. One of the main reasons why 1972 is one of my favorite years for rock releases.

For those of you who know the Medusa album by Trapeze, did you ever notice the same ONE EYE of anger and the other of fear used in their artwork ? The other band is King Crimson. KC's album came out in 1969 and Trapeze's in 1970.

23rvbb4.jpg

30s9gcj.jpg

Notice how (as looking AT the pictures) the left eye is anger and the right is fear.

I don't hear too much talk or airplay about the Cult, but feel all their songs I've heard kickass pretty good...

they still play "firewoman" and "she sells sanctuary" down here on coast radio. great band. 'electric' is a very underrated album, and 'sonic temple' should be used to sell car audio

edit to add: the cult live 1985 tv appearance

didn't trooper do "raise a little hell"? and wasn't randy bachman involved somehow?

i remember them..

Yes and yes beatbo. Randy Bachman produced the album Hot Shots

i'm gonna go with elvis costello. this guy is a great writer and i've always loved his voice. he's managed to write pop songs in so many different formats it's not even funny. i didn't buy the burt bacarach thing he did but i've got most of the rest.

some highlights:

pump it up

watching the detectives

just the tip of the iceberg, people....

i'm gonna go with elvis costello. this guy is a great writer and i've always loved his voice. he's managed to write pop songs in so many different formats it's not even funny. i didn't buy the burt bacarach thing he did but i've got most of the rest.

some highlights:

pump it up

watching the detectives

Great choice B)

some highlights:

pump it up

watching the detectives

I'll agree with that, Elvis is great.

I always thought it was cool when he was being inducted into the RnR HOF, that he went on a bit about the Attractions drummer, and a damn fine one, Pete Thomas .

Pete Thomas was friggin' great! The Attractions were one of the tightest outfits of their time. I devoured EC albums all the way up to Imperial Bedroom, skipped a few and re-entered with Blood and Chocolate, Spike and Mighty Like a Rose. Saw him a couple of times back in the 70's/Early eighties. They were fierce!

I'll agree with that, Elvis is great.

I always thought it was cool when he was being inducted into the RnR HOF, that he went on a bit about the Attractions drummer, and a damn fine one, Pete Thomas .

Have to agree with what a fine drummer Pete Thomas was/is - is he still playing?

His work on Punch the Clock was outstanding!!

caroselambra~

Archived