What The Famous Say About Led Zeppelin

SuperDave

I have the book where this Ted Nugent quote is from.

Personally, I do not give an eff what ted nugent has to say or about his opinions about Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin. Most of his past quotes concerning Jimmy and/or Led Zeppelin have always been negative or full of sarcasm. This coming from someone who has claimed that he has never done or taken a drug(s) ever in his life. Also, coming from a man who was so naive back in the mid to late 1970's that his managers and accountants embezzled (supposedly) millions of dollars from him.

Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and are recipients of the very Prestigious Kennedy Center Honors Awards (among a dozen more accolades). What has become of the very arrogant and outlandish sweaty teddy? He will never be in the ranks or ever come close to the populartiy, influence, etc... Of Led Zeppelin or Jimmy Page.

No one cares what liberals think of Ted Nugent. Plus, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a joke. Ted Nugent, Jeff Lyne/ELO, Deep Purple, The Cars, Kiss, Cheap Trick, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Iron Maiden, Jethro Tull, Linda Ronstandt, Joe Cocker, Journey. Kinda get the feeling a lot of people have been snubbed?

Well, unfortunately for Sammy he failed miserably at both!

No one could live up to those standards but he has still had a great career nonetheless.

Yeah!,... Hagar FAILED miserably at being DLR too!

LMAO

He never tried to be Roth which, in my opinion, was his greatest quality while a member of Van Halen. Everybody knows Hagar was a better musician. A lot of people liked Roth's Van Halen better but overall Hagar was definitely the better of the two.

Edited by DAS

I'm not a fan of Sammy H. but why the hate? The guy is cool as hell!

I think a lot of people judge a person by their music. Don't like I Can't Drive 55, hate on the singer. Of course, why you would hate on a Zeppelin fan on a Zeppelin board is beyond me.

• 2 months later...

He (Hendrix) and Page are favourites of mine. When I was playing with Page, it filled the hole that Stills used to - more than filled it, it overflowed. He's so liquid, so at ease with his guitar - a natural sense of time. I'm a hack compared to him. He can really play. Neil Young.

• 1 month later...

Here is a quote from actor Dean Norris who plays DEA agent Hank Schrader and is Walter White's brother-in-law on (what else from me), "Breaking Bad".

"It's like rock 'n' roll in the late '70s, and Breaking Bad is Led Zeppelin." -- Dean Norris from USA Today (9/23/2013).

How awesome is that quote? And very true to a Massive fan I am of both Led Zeppelin and Breaking Bad.

• 5 months later...

Apparently Prince isn't real keen about his latest music being compared to Led Zeppelin.

In a Mojo magazine interview he states " Jimmy Page was cool, but he couldn't keep a sequence without John Bonham behind him. "

Yeah right....I'm sure that was the word in London in the 60's "Let's use that guitarist who keeps shitty time."

I didn't know that Bonham was hired to keep Page steady on all those sessions he played on. If Prince had any awareness of Zeppelin's musical dynamics he'd know it was Bonham that played to Page. That was the set-up.

Prince is sounding like rock music's Spike Lee.

Yeah that's pretty odd.. Listen to Page's timing on the acoustic numbers John Bonham didn't play on.. He's right on the money.

Exactly. Page has his own sense of time and phrasing and that's why he's so unique. As great a musician as Prince is he's much more derivative in sound and style than Jimmy.

Pete Townsend doesnt like their music either. Seems he is just envious though. As a fan of The Who which I haven't bothered to listen to for years and years just because they no longer really show up in my mind when I want music. I do still listen to Jeff Beck, Hendrix and a lot of others but The Who has just faded out of my tastes. Maybe Pete understands that while the The Who is a great and some would say ground breaking band they just dont have the same influence or the same longevity as in the minds of people Zeppelin seems to have.

Pete Townsend doesnt like their music either. Seems he is just envious though. As a fan of The Who which I haven't bothered to listen to for years and years just because they no longer really show up in my mind when I want music. I do still listen to Jeff Beck, Hendrix and a lot of others but The Who has just faded out of my tastes. Maybe Pete understands that while the The Who is a great and some would say ground breaking band they just dont have the same influence or the same longevity as in the minds of people Zeppelin seems to have.

To be fair,Peter in his "Who am I" didn't bash LZ as he did in the past.Live at Leeds is to this day one of the great live albums. I *think* the dislike of LZ was John and Keith fed up with Peter's -attitude- and wanted to join Page and Jeff(Beck) and form a new band,.....IMHO.

Back to Prince was it : "Different colors in music,like Led Zeppelin." :huh:

Apparently Prince isn't real keen about his latest music being compared to Led Zeppelin.

In a Mojo magazine interview he states " Jimmy Page was cool, but he couldn't keep a sequence without John Bonham behind him. "

Yeah right....I'm sure that was the word in London in the 60's "Let's use that guitarist who keeps shitty time."

I didn't know that Bonham was hired to keep Page steady on all those sessions he played on. If Prince had any awareness of Zeppelin's musical dynamics he'd know it was Bonham that played to Page. That was the set-up.

Prince is sounding like rock music's Spike Lee.

I am really disappointed to see this^^ as I totally disagree as well. With that said, Prince IMHO is a talent not to be reckoned with. He is a musical genius as far as I am concerned and I will continue to purchase his music. I am puzzled though as to why he would even say this!

If he said it? Smart ass.

During a Mojo interview with the singer, Prince discussed the many influences on the forthcoming 3RDEYEGIRL album, Plectrumelectrum, which reportedly features “new music with a sense of history”. On the subject of the track TICTACTOE, he revealed that the song was inspired by a night listening to the Cocteau Twins. “We recorded it in Bryan Ferry’s studio in London, after a night of partying for which the Cocteau Twins was the soundtrack,” he explained. “You can’t understand the words of the Cocteau Twins songs, but their harmonies put you in a dreamlike state.”

Sly and the Family Stone, Joni Mitchell, Santana, Miles Davis and James Brown were also named as artists Prince and his band have drawn from. But, after being compared to Led Zeppelin during the playback, Prince wasn’t altogether taken with the likeness: “Jimmy Page was cool, but he couldn't keep a sequence without John Bonham behind him.”

Prince has recently finished a sequence of Hit and Run dates in the UK, stopping by at a string of London venues before embarking on two Manches

I believe, as far as Prince is concerned, peoples opinions of others can change over time depending on circumstance and happenstance. I know Prince was quoted many time in the past how influenced he was by Led Zeppelin and how amazing Jimmy Page is. People though can be easily swayed in opinion by external factors, such as maybe a fellow musician had been giving Prince shit saying, "Damn Prince that guitar solo you just laid down is bad ass, too bad is sounds just like your last 10 solos...if you were only more like Jimmy Page, that guy always had a different solo depending on the song..." Or maybe he met Page and they did not get along. You just never know, catch someone, anyone at a bad time and they may call their mother a skank if the two are not getting along.

Prince should relisten to white summer, Achilles last stand live 77, the firm's radioactive, tear down the walls, midnight moonlight and domino, from net aid 99 new jersey. C'mon I'm not even a musician and I hear what I hear. Page is ALL about timing. It sounds like this could be a music media mishap. Several years ago, jack white said some negative stuff about zep, apparently...and then was praising them after that.

Hey Middlezep. Prince is promoting his new band and needs to generate attention, but he just appears desperate in that statement about Jimmy. Although Page did comment about Prince's show at the O2 when he was preparing for the 2007 Zeppelin reunion. Page thought the sound quality at Prince's show sucked.

Hey Chicago, hope your gigs are goin great brother.

I still find alot of things from most media hard to believe. Being that prince is a brilliant artist and independent with his own label and so forth, I don't understand if prince would promote/gain negative media attention for promotion through media. Page would have clearly been talking about the sound of the venue, the o2...not the music.