What The Famous Say About Led Zeppelin

SuperDave

Here's an extract from Ronnie Wood's autobiography:

"He (Peter Grant) told me that a bunch of blokes were putting a band together and intended to call themselves the New Yardbirds. Peter said, 'They want you as their guitar player.'

Well, I'd met a few of them up at his office, including the rude drummer John Bohnam, who reminded me of a farmer, bassist John Paul Jones and the harmless enough Robert Plant, and I told Peter, 'No, I'm happy where I am thanks.'

He insisted, 'This is an offer you really must consider.'

I considered it for two seconds, and then told him again, 'No way'. The New Yardbirds hired Jimmy Page instead and changed their name to Led Zeppelin."

:blink: WTF it is???

Edited by Amusedoxi

"He (Peter Grant) told me that a bunch of blokes were putting a band together and intended to call themselves the New Yardbirds. Peter said, 'They want you as their guitar player.'

Well, I'd met a few of them up at his office, including the rude drummer John Bohnam, who reminded me of a farmer, bassist John Paul Jones and the harmless enough Robert Plant, and I told Peter, 'No, I'm happy where I am thanks.'

I considered it for two seconds, and then told him again, 'No way'. The New Yardbirds hired Jimmy Page instead and changed their name to Led Zeppelin."

I love Ronnie but clearly the alcohol has enhanced his recollections of the past!

"Paul McCartney begged me to be his songwriting partner but he settled on John Lennon when I rejected him!..."

I love Ronnie but clearly the alcohol has enhanced his recollections of the past!

"Paul McCartney begged me to be his songwriting partner but he settled on John Lennon when I rejected him!..."

It really has! I just wonder if he really thinks anybody will believe this!

Interesting story, but isn't it bass-ackwards? Jimmy was the original and founder of "The New Yardbirds". No one hired him. He did all the hiring.

Interesting story, but isn't it bass-ackwards? Jimmy was the original and founder of "The New Yardbirds". No one hired him. He did all the hiring.

May be Ronnie wants to show off... But it's senseless to write this kind of things, when everybody knows the true story...

Didn't Jack Bruce say something real bitch about Zeppelin?

Yes, and he received death threats for that, from both Zep fans and Cream colleagues..

Kidding, just from Zep fans.:P .

(Anyway, there is even a thread for that, on this forum

)

Edited by zdr

"Led Zeppelin is one of the most popular and influential rock bands of all time. Thirty years after their debut, the band’s appeal is as strong as ever. It’s fitting that these rock icons are multiple Diamond winners". - Hilary Rosen (Ex-President and CEO of the Recording Industry Association of America RIAA)

"I don't think they were ever appreciated for the scale of band they were. Maybe it's a sort of 'absence makes the heart grow fonder,' but it's taken people time to realize the massive influence they had on an awful lot of music." -Paul Ress (Editor of Q Magazine)

In July 2007, Led Zeppelin II topped a poll conducted to find the favorite album of British politicians commemorating the London opening of a British library display.

Damian Green, the Member of Parliament from the Conservative Party, said "It's the ultimate album for teenage boys - metal as art. No one ever topped it. The opening riff is straightforward perfection."

On the same occasion, Liberal Democrat and the Member of Parliament Lembit Öpik said "Whole Lotta Love is the greatest rock song ever."

The ONLY event in the history where "Liberal" and "Conservative" decisions were reached by consensus.... :cheer:

MORE:

- Led Zeppelin Rock British Politicians

- MP's Stairway to Heaven

YouTube Comment: "Is this Jack Sparrow? " :hysterical:

Johnny Depp to Direct Keith Richards Documentary

depp-richards.jpg

I couldn't think of anyone better to do the first "official" documentary on the life of Keith Richards than Johnny Depp. As a lifelong 'Stones fan, much like Depp, Richard's life is so intriguing to me. The founding member and co-writer of all the major hits, has had a unique life. One filled with some very interesting tales ranging from how he got into music, his drug abuse to the Rolling Stones being exiled in Paris after tax problems created by a scrupulous manager.

There is so much to tackle in Richards 40+ years as one of the front men of possibly the greatest Rock n 'Roll band ever. Variety confirms the story which was reported earlier by a Serbian magazine. They say that Depp would begin work on the documentary next week. Depp and Richards have been friends for over a decade leading to Richards appearance in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, portraying Captain Jack Sparrow's father. This was also due Richards being an inspiration in Depp's portrayal of the character.

Depp's last directorial outing was The Brave, a 1997 film that starred Marlon Brando. It wasn't clear when the film was planned for release.

Edited by zeppphead

Johnny Depp to Direct Keith Richards Documentary

depp-richards.jpg

I couldn't think of anyone better to do the first "official" documentary on the life of Keith Richards than Johnny Depp. As a lifelong 'Stones fan, much like Depp, Richard's life is so intriguing to me. The founding member and co-writer of all the major hits, has had a unique life. One filled with some very interesting tales ranging from how he got into music, his drug abuse to the Rolling Stones being exiled in Paris after tax problems created by a scrupulous manager.

There is so much to tackle in Richards 40+ years as one of the front men of possibly the greatest Rock n 'Roll band ever. Variety confirms the story which was reported earlier by a Serbian magazine. They say that Depp would begin work on the documentary next week. Depp and Richards have been friends for over a decade leading to Richards appearance in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, portraying Captain Jack Sparrow's father. This was also due Richards being an inspiration in Depp's portrayal of the character.

Depp's last directorial outing was The Brave, a 1997 film that starred Marlon Brando. It wasn't clear when the film was planned for release.

What kind of tax problems are created by a "scrupulous" manager? :unsure:

Hi Keith,

Was that interview before or after you fell out of the tree? :lol:

And as for you saying Robert Plant's voice got on your nerves, how did you stay with that toilet lipped twat Jagger for over 40 years? now either your deaf or brain dead, or both. :o;):lol:

Regards, Danny

I can't find the quote, but Keith said he's annoyed with Jagger's behaviour on stage. The idea was that he would prefer Mick stand still while singing and not to rush over a stage like a wild monkey.

I can't find the quote, but Keith said he's annoyed with Jagger's behaviour on stage. The idea was that he would prefer Mick stand still while singing and not to rush over a stage like a wild monkey.

A standing still singer does not a Mick Jagger make.

Is sure Keith wasn't confonding Plant with Daltrey? Cause I heard a lot of criticism about Plant standing still on the stage, unlike Daltrey, the eponymus of a frontman :angry:

Is sure Keith wasn't confonding Plant with Daltrey? Cause I heard a lot of criticism about Plant standing still on the stage, unlike Daltrey, the eponymus of a frontman :angry:

Haven't heard about that. Could you provide any quotes? I really doubt Keith could ever confuse Roger with Robert