Which countries/states have you been to?

Footsteps of Dawn

I do want to pile on, and I'm not rich, either. The time I did the UT, WY, CO, NE, SD run was allll car, baby, and we stayed with relatives when we got to Nebraska. I got to go to England with a school group, so I got a big discount on that, otherwise there's no way I could've gone. The TN, NC, VA trip we did fly, but we got a pretty darn affordable rate on Southwest. It can be done, man! You don't need a European family to fund you - good deals are out there if you look for 'em. It's all about Motel 6, heh!

Every time we went on a road trip, we stayed with either family or a family friend that could put up with us a couple days. The only time we ever stayed in a hotel was when we went to DC because the family we had in Virginia at the time didn't have room for us, otherwise that's where we would have been.

Usually every summer when my parents had vacation time coming, we'd get in the car and drive somewhere. And every state we went through, we'd stop and find the nearest local attraction and check it out. That made getting to our final destination a lot more fun than just sitting in the car the whole way through.

And we brought food and drinks with us in a cooler so we wouldn't have to stop to eat.....just stopped for bathroom breaks and gas. It helped keep the cost of the trip down so we could buy souvenirs!

That would be nice, are there any trees? If I drive past them at night, I may miss them. I've got a friend near I believe it's Terry Peak, where my journey there might take me.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Oh yeah, to add to my locales, I lived in San Juan, Puerto Rico for 3 years.

Yep! Lots of trees, if I remember right. Especially whatever road it is that takes you to Mt. Rushmore...cool trees, and lots of wildlife, too. We saw a buffalo and a bunch of big-horn sheep just in that one little part. Great countryside.

I would love to go out west, especially Colorado and Wyoming. It's my dream to see the sun set over the Rocky Mountains at least once.

Colorado is ridiculously awesome. You're going along these roads at the bottom of the mountain, and the cliff just goes straight up next to you so high that you can't see the top from the car window. It's really one of the wonders of the world. Didn't get to see the exciting part of Wyoming, though. We went through the flat-as-a-pancake part where nothing grows, oops! But yeah, can't say enough about Colorado.

Colorado is ridiculously awesome. You're going along these roads at the bottom of the mountain, and the cliff just goes straight up next to you so high that you can't see the top from the car window. It's really one of the wonders of the world. Didn't get to see the exciting part of Wyoming, though. We went through the flat-as-a-pancake part where nothing grows, oops! But yeah, can't say enough about Colorado.

Have to agree with you. I was in Colorado (drove from the Denver airport to Vail and Beaver Creek). It was in August, and we had rain on the drive to Vail. The roads are so scary! But besides that, it is gorgeous. The mountains and the views are breathtaking. I have wanted to go to British Columbia for a long time. I have wondered how Colorado stacks up to the Canadian Rockies.

I have not traveled nearly enough and hope to when my daughter is a little older. I am happy staying in the States. I have been to Vermont, Massachussetts, Connecticut, New York, NYC, PA, NJ (all the shores points many times), Delaware (for concerts), MD and VA (many times), D.C., North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida (many times) including the Keys, Louisianna (New Orleans), Colorado, California, and lived in Nevada. Only place outside the U.S. was Mexico twice (lovely).

the sea to sky highway from vancouver to whistler is pretty spectacular, much better than colorado imo...would really like to do the drive up to banff someday...

been lucky to live this side of the pond for a few years...amazing the ground you can cover with a car and a tent...

norway

denmark

germany

england

france

spain

netherlands

belgium

luxumbourg

italy

czech republic

slovakia

austria

poland

croatia

greece

turkey

morroco

india

canada

mexico

costa rica

stateside, i have not been to maine, rhode island, new hampshire, alaska, or hawaii...still time for those!

Every time we went on a road trip, we stayed with either family or a family friend that could put up with us a couple days. The only time we ever stayed in a hotel was when we went to DC because the family we had in Virginia at the time didn't have room for us, otherwise that's where we would have been.

Usually every summer when my parents had vacation time coming, we'd get in the car and drive somewhere. And every state we went through, we'd stop and find the nearest local attraction and check it out. That made getting to our final destination a lot more fun than just sitting in the car the whole way through.

And we brought food and drinks with us in a cooler so we wouldn't have to stop to eat.....just stopped for bathroom breaks and gas. It helped keep the cost of the trip down so we could buy souvenirs!

Sounds pretty normal to me. We've done a lot of these family holiday's and our fair share of camping as well. It doesn't need to cost a fortune.

Well, since my family isn't rich like all of yours, I've only been to a few places and that's probably it for my entire life.

Wisconsin

Tennessee (twice in 2000)

and I've been to Illinois plenty of times

Pretty pathetic right? Oh well. Maybe some day I'll get a European family who is rich and lets me travel on my own to another country.

Now that you are all grown up, you can work hard, make money, take vacations and you won't have to mope around and blame everything that you did not get {or get to do) as a kid on whoever you blame it on.

Countries include, Spain and the Balearic Islands, Tenerife, Corfu, Switzerland, Czech Repubic, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Bermuda, USA (East & West coasts), Canada and Korea.

Australia, Ecuador and South Africa are on the list of go to do before i die, so we'll see if it happens!!!

Well, since my family isn't rich like all of yours, I've only been to a few places and that's probably it for my entire life.

Wisconsin

Tennessee (twice in 2000)

and I've been to Illinois plenty of times

Pretty pathetic right? Oh well. Maybe some day I'll get a European family who is rich and lets me travel on my own to another country.

That's probably it for your entire life???? And people say i am negative. Dude, you don't have to be rich to do that. I am not rich. I have been to all of those places by bus and car. And it was not that expensive.

In the USA

1. ALABAMA 2. MISSISSIPPI 3.TEXAS 4. LOUISIANA 5.FLORIDA 6.GEORGIA 7.SOUTH CAROLINA 8. NORTH CAROLINA 9.TENNESSEE 10.KENTUCKY 11.VIRGINIA 12. WEST VIRGINIA 13. MARYLAND 14. MASSACHUSETTS 15.DELAWARE 16.NEW JERSEY 17. PENNSYLVANIA 18.OHIO 19.INDIANA 20.ILLINOIS 21.NEW YORK 22.CONNECTICUT 23.RHODE ISLAND 24.MAINE 25.MICHIGAN 26.WISCONSIN 27.MINNESOTA 28.MISSOURI 29.ARKANSAS 30.OKLAHOMA 31.NEW MEXICO 32.ARIZONA 33.UTAH 34.NEVADA 35.CALIFORNIA 36.OREGON 37.WASHINGTON 38.HAWAII

Plan to knock out 6 more this year next trip is South Dakota,North Dakota,Wyoming,Montanna,Nebraska and Kansas

Outside the States

1.CANNADA 2.MEXICO 3.HONDURAS 4. PANAMA 5.NICARAGUA 6.CUBA 7.PUERTO RICO 8.GRENADA 9.ANTIGUA 10. ST KITTS 11. BAHAMMAS 12. JAMAICA 13.AUSTRALIA 14. NEW ZEALAND 15.PHILLIPINES 16.THAILAND 17.OMAN 18. YEMEN 19.SAUDI ARABIA 20.EGYPT 21. TUNISIA 22.ISRAEL 23.GREECE 24. TURKEY 25.ITALY 26.FRANCE 27. SPAIN 28.ENGLAND 29. IRELAND 30. SCOTLAND 31. GERMANY 32. NEATHERLANDS 33.SWEEDEN 34.NORWAY 35 ICELAND

No current plans to travel outside USA for a while but would like to go to Brazil and make another trip to England and also another trip to Australia/New Zealand to see some Friends but I really would like to see the rest of the USA first.Ialso am not Rich just work hard and save for trips. Usually make two a year.

• 2 weeks later...
In the USA

1. ALABAMA 2. MISSISSIPPI 3.TEXAS 4. LOUISIANA 5.FLORIDA 6.GEORGIA 7.SOUTH CAROLINA 8. NORTH CAROLINA 9.TENNESSEE 10.KENTUCKY 11.VIRGINIA 12. WEST VIRGINIA 13. MARYLAND 14. MASSACHUSETTS 15.DELAWARE 16.NEW JERSEY 17. PENNSYLVANIA 18.OHIO 19.INDIANA 20.ILLINOIS 21.NEW YORK 22.CONNECTICUT 23.RHODE ISLAND 24.MAINE 25.MICHIGAN 26.WISCONSIN 27.MINNESOTA 28.MISSOURI 29.ARKANSAS 30.OKLAHOMA 31.NEW MEXICO 32.ARIZONA 33.UTAH 34.NEVADA 35.CALIFORNIA 36.OREGON 37.WASHINGTON 38.HAWAII

Plan to knock out 6 more this year next trip is South Dakota,North Dakota,Wyoming,Montanna,Nebraska and Kansas

Outside the States

1.CANNADA 2.MEXICO 3.HONDURAS 4. PANAMA 5.NICARAGUA 6.CUBA 7.PUERTO RICO 8.GRENADA 9.ANTIGUA 10. ST KITTS 11. BAHAMMAS 12. JAMAICA 13.AUSTRALIA 14. NEW ZEALAND 15.PHILLIPINES 16.THAILAND 17.OMAN 18. YEMEN 19.SAUDI ARABIA 20.EGYPT 21. TUNISIA 22.ISRAEL 23.GREECE 24. TURKEY 25.ITALY 26.FRANCE 27. SPAIN 28.ENGLAND 29. IRELAND 30. SCOTLAND 31. GERMANY 32. NEATHERLANDS 33.SWEEDEN 34.NORWAY 35 ICELAND

No current plans to travel outside USA for a while but would like to go to Brazil and make another trip to England and also another trip to Australia/New Zealand to see some Friends but I really would like to see the rest of the USA first.Ialso am not Rich just work hard and save for trips. Usually make two a year.

wOw! you've almost traveled the whole world =)

Don't you plan to visit Russia, Al?? :D

Hmmm,

well states:

I live in New York

I used to live in Wisconsin

I used to live in Illinois

Missouri

Tennessee

Louisiana

Indiana

Michigan

Ohio

Minnesota

New Jersey

Maryland

Virginia

Connecticut

countries:

I was born in Pakistan

Canada

Italy

England

Saudi Arabia

United Arab Emirates [Abu Dhabi, I love that city's name]

Kuwait

and alwizard, I am impressed again by the travelling you did, and I know that was possible because of the military. If I do join, maybe that'll be possible for me [not thinking about joining just for the travel]

if not, I can always manage to go to more places somehow.

and DoubleNecker, I'm sorry you feel that way, but I'll suggest reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac [granted, different era] and then you'll see there's always a way you can salvage out a road trip without worrying about money [granted, you don't need to act like Kerouac ]. I went to Italy and England after I was leaving Pakistan to go home, just a bit more than a few hours and we did a lot of sight-seeing

England

Wales - Not a real country but don't tell the locals that. ;)

Scotland

France

Italy

Spain

Monaco

Portugal

Switzerland

Austria

Belguim

Neatherlands

Germany

Denmark

Sweden

Norway

Greece

USA - Newyork, California, Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, Idaho

Canada

India

Nepal

China

Thailand

Vietnam

South Korea

Argentina

Brazil

Chile

Add on Singapore and New Zealand in a couple of weeks. :D

My list is much shorter then most it seems lol.

States

Illinois

Ohio

Florida

Michigan

California

Wisconsin

Georgia

Pennsylvania

Maryland

and DC

Countries

The Bahamas specifically Nassau and Paradise Island

According to the "Cities I've Visited" Facebook application, I signed 42 countries but I think I missed some because I didn't take a good care of european countries.

About USA states I don't know, because I never thought about them as different states but only one, even if big ... :slapface: I've been three or four times to Hawaii ... does it count more eh eh ?

the sad thing is no plans for the future ... :rolleyes:

I live in Ohio

Just in 2008: Ireland, New York (City), Florida, Mexico, Grand Cayman, Bahamas (Nassau)

Before 2008: Ireland, England (just at Heathrow Airport), Canada, Dominican Republic,

Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St, John, St. Martin, Hondorus, Greece, Turkey, Greek Islands

of Rhodes, Crete, Santorini, Mykonos, Patmos, Belgium, Switzerland

U.S.: Callifornia, Alaska, Arizona, New Mexico, Washington, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana,

Michigan, Kentucky, Tennesse, Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina,

Virginia, D.C., New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maryland, Louisianna,

Wisconsin, Maine, Utah, Missouri, New Jersey, West Virginia

Archived