Which countries/states have you been to?

Footsteps of Dawn

Well, since my family isn't rich like all of yours, I've only been to a few places and that's probably it for my entire life.

Wisconsin

Tennessee (twice in 2000)

and I've been to Illinois plenty of times

Pretty pathetic right? Oh well. Maybe some day I'll get a European family who is rich and lets me travel on my own to another country.

:unsure: I'm definitely not rich either. Italy was actually work related travel; as were my west coast states. 3-4 states were marching band trips in HS too.

In hindsight, if I were in my early 20s again, I would get a job on a small cruise ship as a bartender, cabin steward etc. That's a great way to see places while you earn money :) And I definitely would have done study abroad; I can't believe I didn't do that :slapface:

• 2 years later...

Live in England, not sure if you count going to Scotland and Wales too :slapface:

CANADA - Provences (Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta)

USA - States (Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, New York and Florida)

SULTANATE OF OMAN (lived and worked there)

U.A.E

THE NETHERLANDS

BELGIUM

SPAIN

PORTUGAL

GREECE

ALBANIA

MALTA

CYPRUS

States: all states east of the Mississippi river, also Missouri, Arkansas, Texas, Arizona, California, Washington

Countries:

Lived and worked in Greece and West Bank (Palestine)

Visited: Turkey, Bulgaria, (then) Yugoslavia, Italy, Spain, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, England, Scotland, Canada

I love the UK and want to try to go back this spring. In fact I would trade US citizenship for UK if anyone is interested...

Whoa, I started a thread? Funny, it seems like I never start threads, even when I used to post more often. Well, I'd add some new ones into the original post, but it's not letting me edit it (too old, I guess), so here goes.

British Columbia (I forgot I went there...I went through Vancouver on the way to Alaska a long time ago. I don't really remember much about it; I'd love to go back.)

Kentucky (Went to Louisville, Lexington, Berea, and points along I-65 on the way back to TN. Visited my great-aunt, who lives in Lexington.)

Michigan (Haven't actually gone yet, but I'm going to go in March.)

Live in England, not sure if you count going to Scotland and Wales too :slapface:

CANADA - Provences (Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta)

USA - States (Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, New York and Florida)

SULTANATE OF OMAN (lived and worked there)

U.A.E

THE NETHERLANDS

BELGIUM

SPAIN

PORTUGAL

GREECE

ALBANIA

MALTA

CYPRUS

AFRICA

I forgot AFRICA doh,oh and NEW JERSEY for the states...double doh

France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Denmark, Belgium, Luxemboug if it's a country, Canada SK and AB, Wales and Scotland.

Yep Luxemboug is a country and you have been to the the other two countries that form "Benelux" with it, Useless info I know :)

seems that for all you guys that do travel a lot, only one or two have been here to australia.

too far? :unsure:

please come and visit.

oprah recomends it! :D

i have never been overseas, and never been out of my own state of nsw. :blink:

sad, isn't it? :( i guess i will be one of those that does it all after i retire.

hope so!

Hey when you live in the sunshine, why the need to go anywhere else :) My partner lived out in Perth for 3 years and has friends out there, so she is going to get my humugus Ar*e out there in the next few years. It was ment last year but its coming.....Leddy will set foot down under sooon..........watch this space :)

Countries I have been to across the world :

New Zealand - Queenstown and Dunnedin (not including Auckland here because that's my hometown! :P)

UK - London, Manchester, Glasgow and Aberdeen

Germany - Brake, Berlin and Bremen

Denmark - Copenhagen

Estonia

Sweden - Stockholm (sadly only to the airport :() But I do plan to visit Sweden within the next 10 years! :D

Russia - Vladivostok

Brazil - Portocel

Kenya - Nairobi and Mombasa

Tanzania (even got a glance of Mount Kilimanjaro when the flight was just about to land! :D) - Dar es Salaam

India (I was born there you know ;)) - Madras, Ooty, Bangalore and Bombay

Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh City

Suprisingly, I've never visited the U.S or Australia :blink:

seems that for all you guys that do travel a lot, only one or two have been here to australia.

too far? :unsure:

please come and visit.

oprah recomends it! :D

i have never been overseas, and never been out of my own state of nsw. :blink:

sad, isn't it? :( i guess i will be one of those that does it all after i retire.

hope so!

Actually, I'm a trueblue mate :):)

I cannot believe I haven't posted in this thread!

Okay, I haven't traveled a lot, but I have traveled. Most of these have been drive-throughs, not trips. (As in, I drove across Kansas on my way to Oklahoma.) Most of my vacationing has been centered in the Western US--and I've been in most of the Western States multiple times.

1. Idaho (home state)

2. Oregon

3. Nevada

4. California

5. Utah

6. Wyoming

7. Montana

8. Washington

9. Colorado

10. Kansas

11. Missouri

12. Illinois

13. Minnesota

14. Georgia

15. Virginia

16. Maryland

17. Washington, D.C. (if that counts...)

18. Massachusetts

19. New Hampshire

20. Vermont

21. New York (upstate only, not NYC)

22. British Columbia, Canada

23. Germany: all over

Okay, the list doesn't look too bad. I've been to 21/50 states.

It would still require me to get on a plane to fly somewhere the boat is leaving from to get to Australia. I don't fly. So it's a moot point, like I said.

I tell you what, we will not come up with a suggestion for you again !

• 3 years later...

Countries: Canada, Soviet Union, France, England, Japan

States: New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Tennessee, Missouri, Kansas, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Colorado, South Dakota, Washington, California

I forgot to add West Virginia. I spent a weekend at a ski resort there in the early 1990's.

Countries: UK in July 1988

States: All of New England, New York, Pennsylvania, North and South Carolina, Arkansas, Lousiana, Texas, Oklahoma boarder, Ohio, Tennessee, Georgia, Missouri, Maryland (Atlanta, St. Louis and Detroit airports)

Archived