Which countries/states have you been to?

Footsteps of Dawn

I think I was about 25 or 26 when I left a great paying job in Boston and decided to drive cross country. It was one of the most amazing things I ever did. I had a sleeping bag and would sometimes just sleep in the back of the truck, which had a cap over it. Didn't help much in Montana when I woke up in the morning covered in frost.

But I went to 39 different states including Alaska. And all with nothing really planned, just wake up, look at an atlas "ooh that looks interesting, I'll go there", or "I like where I'm at, I'll spend another day here"!

If you ever get the chance to drive across your country, take it.

Sadly, other than Canada, Mexico, Aruba, Antigua and the Bahamas, I have not been outside the US very much. Would love to visit more of the world but airports have become such a hassle.

As we all know, when it comes to travel, it's all about the quality of the experience rather than the quantity of locations. All that really matters is how interesting, rewarding, enjoyable and fulfilling someone's travel experience was -- not how many places someone visited. A businessman who visits a dozen countries in a given month will probably have a vastly different (and worse) experience than a real traveller who spends the same month exploring one country.

Archived