JPJ CONFIRMS NEW SINGER RUMOURS!

Led Nick

I'm so bored with all of this "will they-wont they" and if so "with whom" shit...

Im starting to fall out with the whole Zeppelin idea

Get it sorted - shut the f%$k up and get playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw, don't get too frustrated. It's the media's fault, not theirs.

Your time is gonna come.... :whistling:

There is nothing at all to substantiate that claim

Exactly. The article says sources in the know. They never name their sources, which makes it rumor. John Paul Jones did not say Myles was the new lead singer, so with that said, I would have to think that nothing is final yet. I do believe that Kennedy has jammed with them based on sources on this site that are more trustworthy than the media, but I do not believe it is final YET. IMO

are decent threads exhausted ?

The threads just evolve as comments get posted.

As info, rumors and hear say and anything in between comes out like this it keeps people thinking and talking.

Info is what a forum thrives on, every once and awhile a big slice comes along but most of the time it's small stuff like this from Billboard.

A forum this diverse with members all over the world leads to lots of discussion and sometimes fighting ...in the end though we are all Zep Heads!

Happy Halloween! :witch:

From RollingStone.com: John Paul Jones told the BBC that Led Zeppelin is not looking for a Robert Plant clone. “You could get that out of a tribute band, but we don’t want to be our own tribute band,” Jones said.

If this is the case, and I hope John Paul Jones is listening... I've got 2 words for him: Ann Wilson from Heart...

She could totally bring it, and it would be a whole different ballgame with a Hard-Rocking Chick on the tour.

Heart has recently been doing Black Dog and their great rendition of Battle of Evermore on tour, and they have performed Stairway, Rock and Roll, and The Rover in the past.

From RollingStone.com: John Paul Jones told the BBC that Led Zeppelin is not looking for a Robert Plant clone. “You could get that out of a tribute band, but we don’t want to be our own tribute band,” Jones said.

If this is the case, and I hope John Paul Jones is listening... I've got 2 words for him: Ann Wilson from Heart...

She could totally bring it, and it would be a whole different ballgame with a Hard-Rocking Chick on the tour.

Heart has recently been doing Black Dog and their great rendition of Battle of Evermore on tour, and they have performed Stairway, Rock and Roll, and The Rover in the past.

I love Ann Wilson, but it is my opinion that if they were to choose her, it would be exactly what JPJ's does not want. He is not just talking about looks here.

Oh please, from their inception they/she has only WISHED they were Zep.

And "chick"....I don't think so....more like OLD woman. :nuke:

Rock and Roll - Led Zeppelin's and Heart's Version

And Heart's version was recorded how many years ago? So now it is all fresh and new, or maybe a little dusty. If they can manage the song without sounding like a bunch of wilted flowers then more power to them. They have my blessing. But it's gotta have that vitality.

Aside from Robert Plant, Anne Wilson probably performed the truest rendition, but even then, there's no comparison, and that is taking nothing away from her. She was brave to venture into that territory. Robert Plant really set the standard for so many songs performed by Led Zeppelin, including that one.

You could listen to the 20 year old singers who are happening now to determine if they can handle the material or not. It will take someone with strong talent and more than mere hype. Also, it is doubtful that anyone will eclipse Robert Plant, so you will probably only be able to choose the closest match of the bunch. Maybe if you pray for a miracle it might happen, because that's what it will take.

That's true about them. Heart used to play our high school dances and they did many Zep covers. This was before Nancy joined them. Ann did have a great voice though in those day's

That's true about them. Heart used to play our high school dances and they did many Zep covers. This was before Nancy joined them. Ann did have a great voice though in those day's

She did. I was more into their bass player they got later.....MARK ANDES! Oh yeah. :shifty:

But younger than JP and JPJ. :D

Don't worry I don't even dream of her being a serious choice either. B)

They just confirmed on my local radio station

89.9 HAL that it is indeed Myles Kennedy.

Where they got their information, I don't know.

Judy

was it an official statement from one of the band members?

That's why I said I don't know where they got their info.

Would be nice if they didn't say anything unless they knew for sure

but then again, look at the past bunch of months eh?

Just chiming in from a fan's perspective- I'm a Heart fan and I love Ann Wilson. I think she has a wonderful voice. However, she would not be my choice for this particular collaboration either.

This is not to say that it could work if it felt right for all the participants. And age-just a number in my book. B)

JPJ has said flat out that when they decide what to do, they will let us know. It's not going to have to come out through a press leak! It may very well be Myles, but it is not a done deal until an official statement is released. I think if they really wanted Myles they would have settled on him already. So I think they are still looking around for someone else, or maybe waiting to do some more jam sessions with him to see if the missing pieces fall into place.

As far as Ann Wilson being able to do it: Heart doing "Going to California" this year -

This video is hard evidence that she can still sing like no other woman in rock and does an exceptional job singing Plant.

As far as it actually happening: No. Heart's managment has put this rumor to rest. She would be my ideal choice though. B)

But younger than JP and JPJ. :D

Don't worry I don't even dream of her being a serious choice either. B)

:D . True, I guess we'd have to haul out Joan or Joni to keep up with the age part.

And FWIW...Anne does hold up well.

But then again so does Tina Turner. :o

What a great job Anne Wilson does on singing that. I had never seriously considered the Wilsons as a replacement but after watching a few of those videos I'm thinking how cool it would be to see the sisters and Zeppelin play together; in fact I started a Heart thread in the main forum.

:D . True, I guess we'd have to haul out Joan or Joni to keep up with the age part.

And FWIW...Anne does hold up well.

But then again so does Tina Turner. :o

Tina in fact has an upcoming gig this month at Madison Suare Garden. So I guess she can still pack them in at around 70.

Archived