Steven Tyler Rumored to Be Plant Replacement

MightyZep

If you look at the article, it's full of "reportedly," "speculated," "looks to be," etc.

I'm more concerned about the whole idea of the singer being Robert's "replacement." I thought this was essentially a new band, with a new singer and (essentially) a new drummer, not calling itself Led Zeppelin.

At least, that's what I'd hope it would be, since Plant's not involved.

If you look at the article, it's full of "reportedly," "speculated," "looks to be," etc.

I'm more concerned about the whole idea of the singer being Robert's "replacement." I thought this was essentially a new band, with a new singer and (essentially) a new drummer, not calling itself Led Zeppelin.

The forum is allowing this thread, which is telling. A Myles Kennedy thread was not allowed.

If it is Tyler, that would likely mean some large venues if they tour, so it follows that they'd use the name in some way. Or do you think Page, Bonham, Jones & Tyler would sell out large arenas? :unsure:

:angry::dont::tears::depressed::slapface::faint1::rant::thumbdown::mad::(

how many more dopey smileys can one person use???

IMO Steven Tyler is a sad caricature of himself. He's ridiculous. If he can put aside the lame music he's made in the last few years and sing with his balls again like he did in the 70's I may get on board.

I had the same impression. I suspect it's just the media trying to create a story.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...20plant_1084706

I think this rumor seems more realistic. As long as they don't call themselves LED ZEPPELIN, this will be fine with me! :D Still hope Robert comes around though...

By the way this kind of lines up with the JPJ rehearsal confirmation.

Was this rumor started before or after S. Tyler went into rehab ? ? ?

I believe this about as much as I believe Dee Synder is going to be singing for LZ --

The forum is allowing this thread, which is telling. A Myles Kennedy thread was not allowed.

If it is Tyler, that would likely mean some large venues if they tour, so it follows that they'd use the name in some way. Or do you think Page, Bonham, Jones & Tyler would sell out large arenas? :unsure:

No worries!

I listened to the interview and it wouldn't surprise me if after a year or so when things calm down, after the media circus and constant badgering from everyone hs finally subsided.

After chillin' out and doing his thing he may get an itch and Robert just might be up for something.

It's obvious from JPJ's words and enthusiasm, the lads point of view is they would have him back in a heartbeat.

I'd be happy with Steven Tyler. He can sing the blues and play a good bit of harmonica. I always thought Walk This Way was a very Zeppelin-esque riff too, would probably fit nicely in the encore with Rock and Roll and Whole Lotta Love. :D

There is no such thing as a Plant replacement.

I totally agree with you...

I really hope it's just another rumor because I can't stand the fact that Steven will be the one who's replacing Robert...don't get me wrong he's good in what he's doing with Aerosmith but I can't imagine him as the lead vocalist that willl be touring with Jimmy, John and Jason...he's just not good enough for them...

This isn't news to me- I predicted this months ago.

Nevertheless, I hope it's true because Steven's got what it takes to keep Zeppelin's sound strong.

I hope Tom Hamilton is well.

They call Aerosmith "Embarrowsmith"in Boston. I'd like to give Desmond Child a solid kick in the balls on behalf of original Aeromsmith fans. If Honking on Bobo turns out to be their last album, the harmonica and velvet case on the album cover will be said to have a funerary look.

Still, he's Aerosmith's singer to me, and I loves me some Aerosmith.

Yuck. I like Steven Tyler with Aerosmith, but not with JP and JPJ. It just doesn't sound like a good match to me.

I liked Aerosmith in the Toys in the Attic days, but they've done too many schmaltzy ballads in the meantime.

After listening to John Paul Jones what I got out of it was that those 3 wanted to play together...Robert doesn't want to, so they are going to do the new stuff they created with someone else singing. It seems obvious that jimmy, john paul and jason are in the mindset of creating new music..of course with plant on board they could tour as led zeppelin and perform all the songs. but what I heard from jpj is that they want to do something, it's fun, and they are planning it now. after all, they really just found out for sure that robert wasn't in. I can't imagine they are even considering going out as led zeppelin. One thing for sure, their live show will be much like Page/Plant. 99 percent zeppelin, perhaps with a twist...

I guess Robert will do the parking on this tour...

Like everyone else I want Robert back in the fold, it just seems that it is not going to happen. With that said, I would be totally fine with Steven Tyler. The dude can still sing, and would probably put his own twist on Zeppelin, kinda like what Chris Robinson did with Jimmy and the Crowes.

I am glad to hear that they are rehearsing with different types of vocalists. The elder vocalists have a different feel for the music than the newer blood. My guess is that a new name will appear in the fold in the coming weeks. It is their way to keep the upper hand.

Archived