Steven Tyler Rumored to Be Plant Replacement

MightyZep

If you look at the article, it's full of "reportedly," "speculated," "looks to be," etc.

I'm more concerned about the whole idea of the singer being Robert's "replacement." I thought this was essentially a new band, with a new singer and (essentially) a new drummer, not calling itself Led Zeppelin.

At least, that's what I'd hope it would be, since Plant's not involved.

I'm with you Aqua. To me Robert is irreplaceable.

If the 3 J's start a new band with a new singer or continue to use the name "Led Zeppelin": featuring singer ? that I can see.

But at the further risk of being labeled as one of the "morons" by Bill McQ, I will just wait for the official announcement to be made. :D

I trust Jimmy and Jonesy totally with any choice of a new singer they would make. After all, it was them who found Robert. I guess they would like to work with RP, just like we would want them to, but obviously this is not going to happen. If working with Led Zeppelin again is no good for Robert (as he had stated on a number of occasions), then Robert is no good for Led Zeppelin either, not without his passion and heart in it anyway. As simple as that. We'll see what the second Raising Sand is about. :suntan:

And I am so intrigued by whatever JJJs are up to. :wub:

All I can say to Tyler being considered is "Fantastic". I may be in the minority, but I hope they do cal it Led Zeppelin. Plant cannot be bigger than the band -- let him go. Use the name, the music and created some great new music!! Good show Jimmy, John Paul and Jason!

It took professional counseling to get the Aero Boys back together.

Hmmm....how 'bout getting the four in a room to iron out whatever the Main issue is.

Talk it out, punch it out whatever, it could be a good thing to clear the air.

:superman:

I trust Jimmy and Jonesy totally with any choice of a new singer they would make. After all, it was them who found Robert.

Well said ; and if this rumor is true, I also trust Jimmy and John Paul's choice- and Mo Jones' too, if she has a say in it! :munchies:

The forum is allowing this thread, which is telling. A Myles Kennedy thread was not allowed.

Myles Kennedy had already been discussed extensively in other threads--I'm assuming that thread was deleted because it was duplicating the same discussion.

On the other hand, there have been many, many threads here speculating on ideas that turned out to be wrong. It's not the content of the thread that's the issue, it's the number of times the same content appears in different threads! :D

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...20plant_1084706

I think this rumor seems more realistic. As long as they don't call themselves LED ZEPPELIN, this will be fine with me! :D Still hope Robert comes around though...

By the way this kind of lines up with the JPJ rehearsal confirmation.

Cheers man, that must have been good to see!

Finally some clarification without speculation or rumours as to where they are at.

All I can say to Tyler being considered is "Fantastic". I may be in the minority, but I hope they do cal it Led Zeppelin. Plant cannot be bigger than the band -- let him go. Use the name, the music and created some great new music!! Good show Jimmy, John Paul and Jason!

I agree with you mate , Plant also doesnt like hard rock anymore (for years for that matter). It would be great to see Jones and Page rock out as well as do acoustic stuff . Steven Tyler would be great for a collaboration. Jimmy and Jones wouldnt call it Zep, but they can get themself one great frontman in Tyler.

I agree with you mate , Plant also doesnt like hard rock anymore (for years for that matter). It would be great to see Jones and Page rock out as well as do acoustic stuff . Steven Tyler would be great for a collaboration. Jimmy and Jones wouldnt call it Zep, but they can get themself one great frontman in Tyler.

Zep weren't only about hard rock. When did Robert say he didn't like hard rock anymore? He did some pretty hard hitting songs live with Strange Sensation within the past few years.

No Robert, no Led Zeppelin. This man is not dead, and his legacy with the band must stay intact. Jimmy Page will not call his new band Led Zeppelin. It's hard enough thinking of the three living members without John Bonham as Led Zeppelin as it is. Just my 2.

I reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllly hope this is bullshit.

Don't get me wrong,I love Steven Tyler,but the only people he should be jamming Zeppelin songs with are Joey,Tom,Brad...........and Joe.

Pssst..don't worry 59LP, it is not Steven Tyler.

I totally agree with you...

I really hope it's just another rumor because I can't stand the fact that Steven will be the one who's replacing Robert...don't get me wrong he's good in what he's doing with Aerosmith but I can't imagine him as the lead vocalist that willl be touring with Jimmy, John and Jason...he's just not good enough for them...

EVERYBODY agrees there is no Plant ''replacement'. Now that this is cleared up can we just be happy that to of our favorite guitar players and they jut so happen to be playing the best drummer in the worlds SON??!!!

Can we all agree this is a "HAPPY MOMENT" and not start putting restictions, confinements, and rules to suit our own personal feeling?

Sheesh...

EVERYBODY agrees there is no Plant ''replacement'. Now that this is cleared up can we just be happy that to of our favorite guitar players and they jut so happen to be playing the best drummer in the worlds SON??!!!

Can we all agree this is a "HAPPY MOMENT" and not start putting restictions, confinements, and rules to suit our own personal feeling?

Sheesh...

Damn straight, I'm glad someone said it. This is excellent news and I'm excited for anything Page, Jones, and Jason are doing together! They still wanna play loud face melting rock music and all I have to say is HELL YEAH!!

Sheesh...

Well said.

And...please, say no to Tyler.....PLEASE!

I thought the Rock n Roll HOF when Plant, Page, and JPJ jammed with Tyler was a good event. I remember seeing Plant and Tyler performing onstage together and I thought Steven rocked pretty hard with them. This memory is where I get my indicator at how good Steven might do with JJJ.

Sheesh...

I agree this is a happy moment duh....but I think that if they'll choose Steven they'll partly damage this happy moment...BTW it's my opinion so you don't have to agree with it...

A clip from the MusiCares MAP Fund 2008 benefit concert held on May 9th of this year.

Jerry Cantrell, Slash, Matt Sorum and Billy Morrison rounded out the band.

A taste of what Steven Tyler sounds like doing Zep.

Not bad for a guy who's actually a few months OLDER than Robert (something I was surprised to find out).

Archived