Steven Tyler Rumored to Be Plant Replacement

MightyZep

I don't understand why there's so much negativity about Steven Tyler on this thread. I'd buy a ticket to a Zeppelin concert with Tyler on lead vocals. He's better than NOTHING, which is exactly what we've had since last year. Sure, there's no pleasing some people with whomever Jimmy or Jonesy picks, but be happy someone is in the works.

Steven Tyler is terrible!! I saw him a few times in the last couple of yrs, and he can't even sing his own songs anymore, let alone Zep!!! he would be THE worst replacement! Not to mention he has a serious ego problem!!! BAD Idea. I do like the idea of someone from about the same era, but not him!!! I would prefer if not Robert, someone unknown, but very good. Not a member of another band. I still have hope robert may come around, if the band just is sooo tight and sounds soooo, good. hey put in a long acoustic set like Earls Court, if you dont want to do "loud music", that set was awesome STRYDER!!!!!

Refresh my memory here, people. When Tyler and Perry introduced Led Zeppelin for their induction into the R&R HOF, what did Plant say when Tyler belted out a few lines from GTBT? I seem to remember it being something like "You wish!" Anyone have a better memory than I do on that?

If Plant did say that, it would be ironic that Tyler may actually get that wish...

I don't understand why there's so much negativity about Steven Tyler on this thread. I'd buy a ticket to a Zeppelin concert with Tyler on lead vocals. He's better than NOTHING, which is exactly what we've had since last year. Sure, there's no pleasing some people with whomever Jimmy or Jonesy picks, but be happy someone is in the works.

I agree with you completely. I'm not a big Tyler fan, but I would happily buy tickets to see the Js performing live with anyone.

Whoever they choose it won't please every fan, but i would personally prefer it not to be Steven Tyler. I would much rather they chose a lesser known name. Besides it's going to be hard enough getting tickets as it is, without Aerosmith fans pushing their way to the front of the queue!

Steven is cool and I like Aerosmith pretty good, but I think Chris Cornell would be the way to go if it were me having to choose.

That would be awesome, f**K Steven Tyler. I don't know how much Chris has left though, the years of screaming shredded his voice. I'm sure it would be incredible in the studio, but live might be a different story.

In other news.... Ann Wilson has reportedly been sleeping on Jimmy's lawn. :hysterical:

I agree with you completely. I'm not a big Tyler fan, but I would happily buy tickets to see the Js performing live with anyone.

Aerosmith has good hits, Steven Tyler's vocal style sounds great with Aerosmith.

But I can't imagine Steven Tyler in Robert Plant's spot. I think that will be a serious freak show.

But anyway I don't believe the rumor one bit.

And anyway I won't buy myself a ticket without Robert Plant in there.

:)

I don't know how much Chris has left though, the years of screaming shredded his voice. I'm sure it would be incredible in the studio, but live might be a different story.

Chris is amazing but he has had repeated voice/vocal problems.

Both his Arizona shows were cancelled last week due to "acute laryngitis."

He does have a smokin myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/chriscornell

:rolleyes: The endless naysaying is getting a bit boring.

Steve Tyler is actually perfect for the funky groove that Jimmy and Jonesy have always had, and that Jason has also cultivated with great success. People who, despite the guys' own wishes, want the Js to become an LZ tribute band can continue to be hung up on whether the person who ends up singing with them sounds like Robert or not. The rest of us will enjoy the show, when it comes.

Chris is amazing but he has had repeated voice/vocal problems.

Both his Arizona shows were cancelled last week due to "acute laryngitis."

He does have a smokin myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/chriscornell

:yesnod:

Chris is the best (IMHO) front-man alive right now. :D:veryhot:

The night before he canceled, his voice was perfect, so I think that his "excuse" was one many singers use when they just don't WANT to go to certain cities/venues. Happens a LOT.

Tyler has those problems too, and Page is accident prone. A show or two are bound to be canceled.

Refresh my memory here, people. When Tyler and Perry introduced Led Zeppelin for their induction into the R&R HOF, what did Plant say when Tyler belted out a few lines from GTBT? I seem to remember it being something like "You wish!" Anyone have a better memory than I do on that?

If Plant did say that, it would be ironic that Tyler may actually get that wish...

It would be pretty cool for me too. I had tickets to see Aerosmith when I was 13, but my mom threw them out.

"Page dispensed powerchords like an aged Thor lobbing down thunderbolts for kicks"

Times Online Review

They actually wrote that? That's ... ummm

I created a painting representing myself a couple of months before the concert

called myself the crone of thor.n.s

I meant it as a play on crown of thorns. I'm not old enough to be a crone so to speak, but I definitely have the gifts.

ok... more weird stuff to add to the list

I could fill a book

I think they could make a good album with -steven tyler, without a doubt. But, coverdale made a good record with page too.

Personally, i think it would be cool if they just kept it low key in regards to singing . The music could be very interesting.

Live, they could explode and play any led zeppelin songs.

:yesnod:

Chris is the best (IMHO) front-man alive right now. :D:veryhot:

The night before he canceled, his voice was perfect, so I think that his "excuse" was one many singers use when they just don't WANT to go to certain cities/venues. Happens a LOT.

Tyler has those problems too, and Page is accident prone. A show or two are bound to be canceled.

I love Cornell as much as anyone and have seen him numerous times with Soundgarden and Audioslave. But from one night to the next his voice could either be great or make you cringe. Back in the day, NOBODY could scream like Cornell but unfortunately it took it's toll.

I don't think it would work for the old stuff, but new material would be interesting.

I respect Tyler's work with (early) Aerosmith, but for some reason the thought of him performing Zeppelin material triggers the gag reflex. Original stuff would be worth a listen but his style would butcher classic LZ in my opinion. Personally I would prefer Chris Robinson (or Ann Wilson) over Tyler.

Archived