Steven Tyler Rumored to Be Plant Replacement

MightyZep

Oi... I guess it could be worse... but... yeah, not impressed.

Guess we shall see how this turns out.

Ye God & little fishes, how the universe has turned on its ear the last going off... two months of insanity. :slapface:

To top it all off, this public work computer ate my last nearly identical post on my break. Grr.

I love Cornell as much as anyone and have seen him numerous times with Soundgarden and Audioslave. But from one night to the next his voice could either be great or make you cringe. Back in the day, NOBODY could scream like Cornell but unfortunately it took it's toll.

I don't think it would work for the old stuff, but new material would be interesting.

That was lovely.

I thought he would be a good choice, but now I think he is doing just fine on his own and really I don't see him and Jimmy gelling.

I don't get it. Why's it awful? I can't wait to see Jimmy out there playing again. He's already done this with the Black Crowes and no-one thought that was such a terrible thing.

I honestly don't get it. If they aren't calling themselves Led Zeppelin, and offered the chance to Robert first (they did), why can't they? :wizard:

I'm with you 100% Knebby...Watching Jimmy with the Crowes was great! Watching Jimmy,John Paul,Jason and whoever they choose will probably be better.Especially if they put a cd out first and then tour.

I'm just as excited about this as I was when I saw Robert with Alison.It's all good!

I don't get it. Why's it awful? I can't wait to see Jimmy out there playing again. He's already done this with the Black Crowes and no-one thought that was such a terrible thing.

I honestly don't get it. If they aren't calling themselves Led Zeppelin, and offered the chance to Robert first (they did), why can't they? :wizard:

Not only that but how about new music with John Paul Jones? That's huge in my book and I almost don't care who's singing!

In my opinion Jimmy's post Zep career has occassionally suffered from a lack of focus (rushing things) and sometimes not surrounding himself with musicians who are up to his standards. In this case he's obviously been crafting material for years if his interviews are to be believed, not to mention the stuff Jonesy has been working on. They've worked with each other since their early 20's and really have a good feel for how to construct songs together.

I wish Robert were joining the party but it doesn't ruin the excitement for me...

I wouldn't mind Steven Tyler. I like his voice and work with Aerosmith. I don't think it will be him though. I'm a subscriber to the official Aerosmith newsletter from their website. It says they're currently making a new album and will hit the road sometime in April. I don't think Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason want to wait that long.

I hardly think that Steven Tyler could scare or light a fire under Robert. :rolleyes:

We know that they were good friends and have jammed together.I thought it was all in fun anyway.

I don't know if Robert and Steven are all that friendly. I get the feeling that Robert doesn't think that highly of him. Not that it matters either way..

I have been of the opinion since the end of the O2 concert that Robert would never do it again. He was smiling but I took that smile to be him saying to himself "Thank God that is over, it was nice to do it again just one more time, I didn't foul up too badly but never again thank you very much" Since then I have thought that any new singer would be Kelly Hansen from Foreigner. Are we all sure that it is actually Steve Tyler who has been rehearsing as Kelly Hansen looks very similar, but younger. Anyone who has seen Foreigner in the last few years would have heard him sing some Zeppelin and I thought he did it well. My money is still on him.

I don't know if Robert and Steven are all that friendly. I get the feeling that Robert doesn't think that highly of him. Not that it matters either way..

Probably not!

I meant that Jimmy liked to jam with Steve and Joe.

I think that Robert would kick his ass in a fist fight. :D

Since then I have thought that any new singer would be Kelly Hansen from Foreigner. Are we all sure that it is actually Steve Tyler who has been rehearsing as Kelly Hansen looks very similar, but younger. Anyone who has seen Foreigner in the last few years would have heard him sing some Zeppelin and I thought he did it well. My money is still on him.

I saw Kelly Hansen the other day on TV and thought the same thing, "he looks like Steven Tyler", he has a great stage presence. I saw Foreigner this summer and it was one of the better shows I saw this concert season.

Probably not!

I meant that Jimmy liked to jam with Steve and Joe.

I think that Robert would kick his ass in a fist fight. :D

Agreed on the fight scenario. Steven looks a little too wiry to go to the mat with anyone. But, he can wail...I saw them in concert not long ago.

Can't give Robert that credit-haven't had the pleasure of hearing him in concert. Besides, as I understand, he's become a very distinguished gentleman now. Hasn't he? Hmmm... B)

Refresh my memory here, people. When Tyler and Perry introduced Led Zeppelin for their induction into the R&R HOF, what did Plant say when Tyler belted out a few lines from GTBT? I seem to remember it being something like "You wish!" Anyone have a better memory than I do on that?

If Plant did say that, it would be ironic that Tyler may actually get that wish...

Yeah, I remember that. And Plant and Tyler not being too comfortable out there together and it being sort of haphazard. Now, the Neil Young appearance with Robert, Jimmy and John Paul at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame -- that was something, though Plant again acted like a goon. Didn't seem to affect what Jimmy and Neil were up to, the Uncle Neil-ized Levee Breaks. Great stuff.

Like a few others earlier on this thread, I'd feel a lot better about Chris Cornell or Chris Robinson than Tyler or Myles Kennedy. I think they can come up with a better idea than Steven Tyler, who just seems like one of the best ways imaginable to shock Robert to his senses. Whatever they decide to do, I hope they make sure to leave the door open for Robert ...

:unsure:

http://www.tntradioempire.com/Portals/45/P...ts/10280930.mp3

also posted to the new singer thread... seems noone there took a listen either...

I did just now, and, yeah -- "that was Jimmy trying to light a fire under Robert" as Brad Whitford says. They "did it for fun," he says. Tyler just doesn't feel right (and it's not just wishful thinking). I do think he's one guy who would might get Robert rethinking his position.

I also remember Robert being kind of niggling about Aerosmith in a Rolling Stone story a while back. The question was about some of the bands that were influenced by Led Zeppelin, and what did he think of them. The example he comes up with is Aerosmith. Robert says something like: "The guitar player (Joe Perry) has never hid his admiration for Jimmy Page, I know. But you have to remember that so many of those bands were pop bands. Led Zeppelin was never a pop band."

I just wonder why there's still so much speculation going on regarding to Steven Tyler. I mean as stated here before, Aerosmith will be touring in 2009. Have I missed something here? :blink:

Brad Whitford:

"We've been offered to go out and do a tour next year starting in March, I guess," Whitford said. "Providing the sky doesn't fall, that's what we'll be doing."

Refresh my memory here, people. When Tyler and Perry introduced Led Zeppelin for their induction into the R&R HOF, what did Plant say when Tyler belted out a few lines from GTBT? I seem to remember it being something like "You wish!" Anyone have a better memory than I do on that?

If Plant did say that, it would be ironic that Tyler may actually get that wish...

Plant wasn't even on stage for that part. When Tyler sang the first line from GTBT, Perry said, "Pretty good."

AEROSMITH Guitarist Confirms Report Of STEVEN TYLER / LED ZEPPELIN Jam Session - Oct. 31, 2008

According to AeroNewsDaily, AEROSMITH guitarist Brad Whitford has confirmed a report published Saturday in England's Daily Mail that revealed AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler's recent jam session with LED ZEPPELIN members Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham.

"First of all, they did it for fun," Whitford said during an appearance on the syndicated show "Todd n Tyler Radio Empire".

Whitford brought up AEROSMITH's history of playing with Page and his own particular admiration of Jimmy as a guitarist. He then speculated as to the message Page and the others may have been trying to relate to Robert Plant by way of the media.

"I actually think Jimmy wanted Steven to come over and play a little bit because, I think, he was trying to light a fire under Robert," Whitford said. "Come on! Come on, Robert, let's go!"

I totally agree on this statement.

I have seen on different sites fans outraged Plant not in LZ.... or tour.... our what ever can be brought to the supposed blah blah journalism being pumped out.

Fact is Robert doesn't want to do it, so be it.

The other guys, do why not?

Having Rick Wright recent passing shows time is off essence if it is going to happen. Nobody is getting any younger.

Who ever said including JPJ it would be called Led Zeppelin again?

Rock on Guys!

Make it Good and LOUD!!

Archived