Steven Tyler Rumored to Be Plant Replacement

MightyZep

A clip from the MusiCares MAP Fund 2008 benefit concert held on May 9th of this year.

Jerry Cantrell, Slash, Matt Sorum and Billy Morrison rounded out the band.

A taste of what Steven Tyler sounds like doing Zep.

great clip.... and I think this proves that Steven could pull this off vocally without any problem what-so-ever and in the end, it would be quite thrilling to see. But the idea of not seeing Robert sing songs like Stairway and Battle of Evermore, and Going to California.... just makes me sad.

Seeing the rest of the guys sounds exciting though! I can't wait, regardless of who is singing. I will be praying for Robert Plant though. ;)

well, he does like cupcakes

I know for a 100% fact that if Jimmy asked David to join David would say NO...hands down. Case closed.

...besides Whitesnake released a quite successful album (in the rest of the world besides the States) so it would be pointless for him to join.

Jeff

Steven Tyler will be like Led Halloween. The guy cant carry a decent tune when not singing an Aerosmith song. Or sometimes when singing an Aerosmith song without a remix voice-over.

I have heard him murder Strawberry Fields Forever. Besides, he's a creepy copycat of Robert Plant. He reminds me of Donald Duck in Vegas costume only Donald Duck as himself looks easier on the eyes.

(I will still miss Plant's voice no matter what arrangement, afterall he is THE voice of Zeppelin). But if I had to think of any singer IMHO Melissa Etheridge's voice can do justice to a Zep song, without trying to sound like Robert Plant. I imagine her indie/folksy range and powerhouse pipes would make an interesting take to WLL or STH (stage only no recording please), or record a new song to go with JP's riffs ... And I'm sure she's not about to be another Plant impersonator. LOL. But she's got that edge, which is never fake, if you saw her in her 90's figure.

Those young singers Leona Lewis and the like are just way to hollow IMO to carry the Zeppelin persona. They make me feel like a Mall Zeppelin.

We heard JP is not about to make it another Zeppelin. We would all want that right. But JP, JPJ coming from where they did deserve a good calibre artist to back them up/front them. Not the remix-clubby-belter type. Or Steven Tyler.

(dodging pellets from Tyler's fans here LOL!)

• 3 weeks later...
Im curious...I read somewhere that the jams with Tyler didnt go well. I wonder what happened? Personality clashes? Music clash? etc......Anyone have insight or knowledge of what actually happened?

As I know, they only did the jam for fun, there was never a serious consideration of having Steven Tyler as their lead singer.

Archived