Review of New Mick Wall Book

Kentuckygirl

It actually is a very good read, MSG--no need to avoid it on principle as it's quite tastefully done. I am especially enjoying MW's interviews with Timothy d'Arch Smith, whose work has always been such a source of inspiration for me.

Thanks for your thoughts on the book, Allison. I think that my decision not to read the book is based less on principle and more on the fact that my friends and I have our own memories of those days “when giants walked the earth”. We’ve already talked about this and have come to the conclusion that, unless they are written by the Zep guys themselves, we really don’t want to read any more accounts of the “mud shark incident” and other “legendary” antics perpetrated by the band during their hell-raising days.

Ouroboros. It symbolizes cyclical nature of the alchemist's opus - "All things began in order so shall they end. One is the all". You are right, nothing satanic about it.

Meg

I am almost certain that my grandparents did not practice alchemy. I really think that, at least for them, the ouroboros symbolized eternity and had connections to our family's history.

I was referring to the symbolism of Jimmy's ring, not what your parents may or may not have.

I am almost certain that my grandparents did not practice alchemy. I really think that, at least for them, the ouroboros symbolized eternity and had connections to our family's history.

Thanks for your thoughts on the book, Allison. I think that my decision not to read the book is based less on principle and more on the fact that my friends and I have our own memories of those days “when giants walked the earth”. We’ve already talked about this and have come to the conclusion that, unless they are written by the Zep guys themselves, we really don’t want to read any more accounts of the “mud shark incident” and other “legendary” antics perpetrated by the band during their hell-raising days.

Haha! Fair enough. It's not really a book like that, though, and has quite a lot of new material from Wall's own interviews with Jimmy in particular.

Archived