Post Your Current Desktop!

DoubleNecker

• 2 weeks later...

^ Looks like Brooklyn Bridge to me. And I'm just a goddamn limey!

Don't get out much huh, silvermedalist?

(It's in New York, btw)

My daughter who gets married this August works right in Manhattan. To be honest I have not driven down there in years. So from close I did not recognize it. I have been over the Washington bridge when there. I am planning to fly down in Oct or Nov for Xmas shopping. First I have her wedding in the Islands and then a vacation to Cape Cod. We want to hit the big apple in the fall. Its a 6-8 hour drive from here. I am in upstate, western NY> Rochester/Buffalo region. Far from NY. My daughter comes in this weekend for the wedding shower and my current wife will meet my ex wife. Yikes.

My daughter who gets married this August works right in Manhattan. To be honest I have not driven down there in years. So from close I did not recognize it. I have been over the Washington bridge when there. I am planning to fly down in Oct or Nov for Xmas shopping. First I have her wedding in the Islands and then a vacation to Cape Cod. We want to hit the big apple in the fall. Its a 6-8 hour drive from here. I am in upstate, western NY> Rochester/Buffalo region. Far from NY. My daughter comes in this weekend for the wedding shower and my current wife will meet my ex wife. Yikes.

Relax, silver. After the initial fur has stopped flying, I'm sure the two of them will settle down for a damn good chin-wag, exchange anecdotes about you, get loaded and then carpet-bomb you mercilessly for the rest of the night (and then the rest of your life) with their newly-discovered weapons stashes.

Having said that, I do sympathise. So far, I've managed to avoid being in the same room as my two, but if there's anything on this earth closer to hell than that horrific scenario, I can't imagine what it might be.

Good luck, soldier.

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool, Jahfin. Did you make that yourself or find it somewhere? A great deal of my wallpapers/backgrounds come from Flickr. There's a lot of great photographers out there. Case in point, my current desktop. I love the angle, the long exposure, and the fact it was shot at night.

Very cool, Jahfin. Did you make that yourself or find it somewhere? A great deal of my wallpapers/backgrounds come from Flickr. There's a lot of great photographers out there. Case in point, my current desktop. I love the angle, the long exposure, and the fact it was shot at night.

I found it in the photo gallery at Imgur.com. A lot of my desktop wallpaper images come from the National Geographic site. Lots of high quality work there.

Screenshot2011-07-19at111327PM.png

This is a very old and dated picture (I'm guessing circa 1993? 94?) of the view from the train depot in the city I live in. If any of you have been to said city, I'm sure oyu recognize it. It's quite the regular view. I say the picture is old and dated because there are many buildings missing and there are many buildings that are in the picture that aren't there anymore! To the right is my alma matter.

I'm editing to add a picture from the tower of the train depot that I took from my phone last week. You can see the difference (if you care....)

BoiseCity-20110711-00026.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived