Post Your Current Desktop!

DoubleNecker

1. Press the PRNT SCRN button on your keyboard.

2. Open up an image-editing program on your computer such as MS Paint, Photoshop, Photofiltre or PaintshopPro.

3. Save the image to your hard drive.

4. Go to Imageshack and upload the picture.

5. Post the url to the image between the IMG tags.

6. Press "add reply".

2. Open up an image-editing program on your computer such as MS Paint, Photoshop, Photofiltre or PaintshopPro.

6. Press "add reply".

Thanks Liz. Would tiny pic work? I use tiny pic for pics? But I cant find a printt screen button. On this laptop. Ill have to keep looking. It may have a symbol rather than the words? Would it be near the funtion keys or the number keys or at the bottom near the control key? Thanks

How do you post your desktop?

I reduce all my windows so only my desktop is showing. I open Paint, then reduce it.

I then push my alt key and my print screen key simultaneously enlarge Paint again and hit my Ctrl and v key and the image shows up on Paint. Then I 'save image as' give it the name 'desktop' (for instance) and put it in my pictures. Then I open another window to tinypic and upload that 'desktop' picture to it and post it on the board.

Your print screen key may say prnt scr or something like that...look on the upper right of your keyboard.

I reduce all my windows so only my desktop is showing. I open Paint, then reduce it.

I then push my alt key and my print screen key simultaneously enlarge Paint again and hit my Ctrl and v key and the image shows up on Paint. Then I 'save image as' give it the name 'desktop' (for instance) and put it in my pictures. Then I open another window to tinypic and upload that 'desktop' picture to it and post it on the board.

Your print screen key may say prnt scr or something like that...look on the upper right of your keyboard.

So I need to install a program? Paint is a program? Too much trouble

Mine is actually tucked away under my numnuts, but that's another issue.

I HIT it and nothing happens. I opened tiny pic. Minimized it. But any time I hit the print screen button, nothing happens. Tried doing it with the control key simultaneoulsy also. Its directly above the num lock key. I hit that too to make sure the number keys were enabled. No luck

I explained it. You have to hit PRNT SCRN and then open up the image editing program on your computer. Once the program is open, you have to paste the image into the program. Then you save it and upload it to the internet.

Its under a key that says home. I tried doing it with shift, opening desktop, nothing happens when I hit the key. Thanks for tryiing

6. Press "add reply".

Also, between steps 2 and 3, once you have MS Pain (or whatever) open, hold the CTRL button and press V (the CTRL button should be on the bottom left of your keyboard), or just right click and select "Paste." That should make the image appear in the program.

Also, between steps 2 and 3, once you have MS Pain (or whatever) open, hold the CTRL button and press V (the CTRL button should be on the bottom left of your keyboard), or just right click and select "Paste." That should make the image appear in the program.

ms paint? That is a free download? Not familiar with it

*slams head against wall*

Open Paint. Hit the PRNT SCRN key. Don't hit any other key with it. Just hit it. Go into Paint. Go up to Edit. Select "paste". Voila, a picture of your desktop will appear. Go to File. Select "save as". In the little "save as" box, go to the drop-down menu and select JPEG. In the file name box, type something. Anything. Smash the keyboard with your nose. Who cares. Click "save". Go to Imageshack. Click "browse". Select the image you just named. Click "upload now". When you're directed to the new page, copy the link next to the words "direct link". Come back here to this thread. In the reply box, click the little picture button. It's between the little picture of a chain link and an envelope. Paste the link you just copied into the little box and hit "insert image". Scroll down, hit "add reply".

If you don't get it by now, you're being purposefully obtuse.

*slams head against wall*

Open Paint. Hit the PRNT SCRN key. Don't hit any other key with it. Just hit it. Go into Paint. Go up to Edit. Select "paste". Voila, a picture of your desktop will appear. Go to File. Select "save as". In the little "save as" box, go to the drop-down menu and select JPEG. In the file name box, type something. Anything. Smash the keyboard with your nose. Who cares. Click "save". Go to Imageshack. Click "browse". Select the image you just named. Click "upload now". When you're directed to the new page, copy the link next to the words "direct link". Come back here to this thread. In the reply box, click the little picture button. It's between the little picture of a chain link and an envelope. Paste the link you just copied into the little box and hit "insert image". Scroll down, hit "add reply".

If you don't get it by now, you're being purposefully obtuse and should thus be ignored on this issue.

Ill just take the little paiint brush and color myself stupid. Too much information. thanks. Ill try. But the Print screen button is not bringing anything up. Ill close all browsers and try

When the paint box is open, and I hit the print screen button, the paste option in edit is not highlighted where there is anything to paste. So the problem has to be with the print screen button. Not working. It is part of a button called "home" and it says prt sc under it. I assume that has to be it?

Did exactly what you said. Something is wrong with print screen key. I did it with the paint box open and when you then go to edit after hitting ps key, the paste is not an option. Not highlighted. So it wont work for some reason?

Archived