Is Led Zeppelin the same without Robert Plant?

Couldn't have said it better myself pinky. Great post! To people here stating that it is not Led Zeppelin without Plant -- have any of you ever heard of ACDC? They switched singers and still bring it! How any Led Zeppelin fan can support Plant trying to control the fate of Led Zeppelin is beyond me. If he doesn't want to continue, so be it -- thats his choice. The other members should be able to replace him and be supported by the Led Zeppelin fans for wanting to carry on the group!

Some bands endure many musicians passing through the ranks - AC/DC have actually had far fewer musicians than, say, Fleetwood Mac, Deep Purple etc. That said, it's a very different situation between bands like these that evolve over time, and resurrecting a brand name with only 50% of its members 28 years after it ceased to be. No one is suggesting that Jimmy and John shouldn't carry on - but this is a different project to that one.

No, it won't be the same without Robert, but Jimmy and John Paul Jones are still there. I will definately go and see them.

Me being selfish, I'd be glad to say that I was there at the o2 if it turns out that that will be the last gig that they do play together!!!

Mr. Robert Plant is acting very childish (more like a very spoiled baby) in this whole process. His reluctance to tour, in my view, is nothing more than him thumbing his nose not only to Mssrs. Page, Jones, and the Bonham family, but also to the fans that made him the rock icon that he is. Mr. Plant, whatever issues that you seem to have with Mssrs. Page, Jones, and the Bonham Family, quit thinking about yourself and your issues for a change ... and start thinking about the millions of fans who want to see you, Mr. Page, Mr. Jones, and the son of John Henrry Bonham (honoring his father's legacy on a nightly basis), playing the songs that rewrote the history of rock and roll.

Mr. Robert Plant is acting very childish (more like a very spoiled baby) in this whole process. His reluctance to tour, in my view, is nothing more than him thumbing his nose not only to Mssrs. Page, Jones, and the Bonham family, but also to the fans that made him the rock icon that he is. Mr. Plant, whatever issues that you seem to have with Mssrs. Page, Jones, and the Bonham Family, quit thinking about yourself and your issues for a change ... and start thinking about the millions of fans who want to see you, Mr. Page, Mr. Jones, and the son of John Henrry Bonham (honoring his father's legacy on a nightly basis), playing the songs that rewrote the history of rock and roll.

:rolleyes:

He's actually still a very close friend of the Bonham family - much closer than Page or Jones.

Your opinions certainly seem far more childish than the statement Robert released about this.

not too old that they won't be able to play their instruments so much, i meant just too old, look at the rolling stones, the stopped making their best music a long time ago, and every 5 years they tour and make silly amounts of money.

in a few years time page will be seventy, it's get his old band back together time now, or forget about it.

When was the last time you saw the Rolling Stones? Their live shows remain incredible. I suggest you watch the Scorsese movie - its out on DVD now.

Hell no man . . . Come onnn!!!! Though I haven’t seen your Video yet, but Im sure no meter what’s in it my opinion will remain the same. . . Ill post again as soon as I wathch it, but come on people I only heard it today that Led_Zep is touring without Plant and that there takin Steve Tyler as leader in news and it nearly killed me. . . I even postponed my midterms because of the shock . . . It really hearts me deep inside to know that the greatest band on the land is touring without my favorite voice. I have nothing against Steve but come on people Steve tyler instead of Robert Plant. . . It would have been funny if it wasn’t painful. Led_Zep was thought to be the unbreakable band but that myth just broke into pieces when I heard the news . . . I hate them beacouse of that :(( Led_Zeppelin without Robert Plant is Led_Zeppelin Without LED_ZEPPELIN!!!!!!

Isn't that a little drastic? :blink:

And do you really hate them??

He's actually still a very close friend of the Bonham family - much closer than Page or Jones.

Your opinions certainly seem far more childish than the statement Robert released about this.

So ... the name KNEBBY and your pathetic comment is Winston Churchill matierial?

So ... the name KNEBBY and your pathetic comment is Winston Churchill matierial?

Knebby was a nickname given to me on the old forum - I just went with it here, doesn't really mean anything, relates to Knebworth, not pretending it deserves a prize. "drummer" obviously required a lot more thought.

Can't see how stating the fact that Robert is very close to the Bonham family is pathetic, anymore than I can see how Robert's behaviour is "childish" - but then I guess you and I look at the world pretty differently.

LZ without Robert (and John) is not LZ, to me.

Jason did a great job at the O2 and did it for his father, Ahmet and others.

If the others say/said that Jason performing in his dad's place works for them, then there you go.

What an amazing job they all did at the O2. :)

R B)

Mostly all bands keep their names if they change the lineup......why shouldn't Led Zeppelin? I don't see what the big fuckin' deal is!

Sorry.....wrong thread! But I would rather see Zeppelin with a new singer than not at all. Of course it's not going to be the same but they are bound to come out with some kick ass music!

Knebby was a nickname given to me on the old forum - I just went with it here, doesn't really mean anything, relates to Knebworth, not pretending it deserves a prize. "drummer" obviously required a lot more thought.

Can't see how stating the fact that Robert is very close to the Bonham family is pathetic, anymore than I can see how Robert's behaviour is "childish" - but then I guess you and I look at the world pretty differently.

A drummer is a musician, which I am, so it doesn't require a thought of any kind. It's who I am and it does mean something, to me at least, since it is a gift. And yes, you and I look at the world very differently. I wonder what an individual's logic is when they have a picture of a skeleton flipping people off.

This dead horse has been beaten enough if you ask me.

Is Led Zeppelin the same wihtout Robert Plant? The clearly obvious answer is 'No'. DUH! Is a square a square if one line is missing? 'No'.

I find if funny how many people here want to create a moral judgement situation. I, personally, trust that JP, JPJ, and Jason will make the 'right' decision. The decision is theirs to make after all. Anyone here who doesn't agree with whatever decision they make is free to boycott any forthcoming albums or tours. I hope that's a lot of you because that will increase my chances of getting tix.

Just trust and you shall receive...

:hippy:

BTW....Admin, I like the new emoticons, thank you!

Also, I haven't been around in a few days....still no decision on a singer for 'the new band' is there?

A drummer is a musician, which I am, so it doesn't require a thought of any kind. It's who I am and it does mean something, to me at least, since it is a gift. And yes, you and I look at the world very differently. I wonder what an individual's logic is when they have a picture of a skeleton flipping people off.

Maybe it's called 'sense of humor'...... :slapface:

Its called humour, not logic. I'm not upset that you don't get it.

Now the point you made about Robert disrespecting Bonzo's family - ready to concede you were wrong?

Mostly all bands keep their names if they change the lineup......why shouldn't Led Zeppelin? I don't see what the big fuckin' deal is!

But Led Zeppelin isn't like other bands, and that's why I love them. If they continue without Robert, the name should be different.

Its called humour, not logic. I'm not upset that you don't get it.

Now the point you made about Robert disrespecting Bonzo's family - ready to concede you were wrong?

Humour??? Oh well, suit yourself. As for conceding, if you can tell me for a fact that you have firsthand personal knowledge and relations with the Plant and Bonham Families, the answer is NO.

Humour??? Oh well, suit yourself. As for conceding, if you can tell me for a fact that you have firsthand personal knowledge and relations with the Plant and Bonham Families, the answer is NO.

I can tell you for a fact that I have firsthand personal knowledge and relations (sic) with the Plant and Bonham families.

But then your answer is apparently still no, so go figure.

Archived