Is Led Zeppelin the same without Robert Plant?

There are far too many people on here who just get their rocks off with personal attacks on forum members and certain Led Zeppelin individuals for no reason. I think that's the reason why they go on these forums. Maybe their lives are full of so much negativity and this beligerency is what makes them feel more important. And when you dispute them on anything they take it personal. It's not like we're insulting your families or something very important. We just discuss Led Zeppelin. As much as I love talking about this amazing band, it really isn't that important. Some people just need to growup and act accordingly to the rules and show some etiquette. Overall, most of the member are well behaved and are a pleasure to discuss the variety of topics on the forum. They're just a few outlandish ones that stick out. :mellow:

:wtf:

:computertrash:

Well, interesting seeing that Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones brought John Bonham and Robert Plant into the New Yardbirds. So, advance forward 4o years. Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones are bringing in Jason Bonham and a new singer. History does repeat itself.

There are far too many people on here who just get their rocks off with personal attacks on forum members and certain Led Zeppelin individuals for no reason. I think that's the reason why they go on these forums. Maybe their lives are full of so much negativity and this beligerency is what makes them feel more important. And when you dispute them on anything they take it personal. It's not like we're insulting your families or something very important. We just discuss Led Zeppelin. As much as I love talking about this amazing band, it really isn't that important. Some people just need to growup and act accordingly to the rules and show some etiquette. Overall, most of the member are well behaved and are a pleasure to discuss the variety of topics on the forum. They're just a few outlandish ones that stick out. :mellow:

:wtf:

:computertrash:

Thats what I see here, too. Seems people are complete bastards towards anyone who has real first-hand information, it is transparent jealousy. Speculation appears to be much more welcome here. Pity when this is an official site.

And the venem & hatred to Robert is just..................well.................there's no words for it, I wouldn't blame the guy if he DID want to distance himself from Zeppelin if he ever comes here to see the way 'fans' speak of him. The Jimmy-can-do-no-wrong brigade are so far off the mark it isn't even funny, gah I love the guy but he's a million miles from the angel so many here seem to hold in their hearts. None of them are perfect and none of them would even want to be held up as models of perfection.

I'm gonna stick around for a bit though and see what other vibes come through. :munchies:

It's not just this site. People are at war with each across the internet about Led Zeppelin. Read a blog yesterday that was spewing venom at JPJ for his statements. People forget that this is just entertainment and if they don't like the music or the band then they have the prerogative to listen to something else.

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl_sfZOx-uM

I pose the question at my video blog site. If Led Zeppelin goes on tour without Robert Plant...would you still go and see them live.

Check out the video, subscribe and let me know what you think.

Rock it out!

Sami

I would not! Robert Plant has an incredible voice. What would Immigrant Song be without his screaming voice.

I would not! Robert Plant has an incredible voice. What would Immigrant Song be without his screaming voice.

"Immigrant Song" has not been a part of any Zeppelin live set since midway through the Japan tour of 72 when Robert acknowledged that he could no longer hit those high notes. I might be nice to hear Jimmy tearing through that one again with someone who can still sing it. To be honest, Robert at his best was the greatest singer in rock in my opinion. "How The West Was One" or any number of bootlegs from 69 through June of 72 are proof enough of that. But starting in 73 robert's live vocals were nowhere near what he was once capable of. It's partially his fault because he was still a young man but he just didn't take care of his body or voice. Many of the shows from the 73 and 75 tours are downright embarrassing. The much fabled Earl's Court concerts of 75 were amazing instrumental marathons but Plat's vocals were often cringe-worthy. The O2 show had Robert back in reasonable form on some songs but let's not kid ourselves. He cannot stand the vocal demands of a rigorous touring schedule and he cannot perform much of the songs in the old catalog up to snuff anymore and Robert knows it. That's why he doesn't want to record or tour with LZ.

So, why punish JP, JBjr and JPJ for Robert's failing? Let them tour with a new guy under a new name and bring a heck of a lot of joy to themselves and millions of fans. That just seems fair.

"Immigrant Song" has not been a part of any Zeppelin live set since midway through the Japan tour of 72 when Robert acknowledged that he could no longer hit those high notes. I might be nice to hear Jimmy tearing through that one again with someone who can still sing it. To be honest, Robert at his best was the greatest singer in rock in my opinion. "How The West Was One" or any number of bootlegs from 69 through June of 72 are proof enough of that. But starting in 73 robert's live vocals were nowhere near what he was once capable of. It's partially his fault because he was still a young man but he just didn't take care of his body or voice. Many of the shows from the 73 and 75 tours are downright embarrassing. The much fabled Earl's Court concerts of 75 were amazing instrumental marathons but Plat's vocals were often cringe-worthy. The O2 show had Robert back in reasonable form on some songs but let's not kid ourselves. He cannot stand the vocal demands of a rigorous touring schedule and he cannot perform much of the songs in the old catalog up to snuff anymore and Robert knows it. That's why he doesn't want to record or tour with LZ.

So, why punish JP, JBjr and JPJ for Robert's failing? Let them tour with a new guy under a new name and bring a heck of a lot of joy to themselves and millions of fans. That just seems fair.

Robert's failed because he can't sing the way he did 30 something years ago? His voice is still incredible and he's learned to use it in a different way. I wouldn't say he can't sing anymore and I've heard him hit those notes when he chooses to. I don't know of too many people in the world that are the exact same as they were 30 years ago :rolleyes:

I don't think Led Zeppelin should tour...-shakes head- Horrible how many people are getting angry with Robert about this! I think that he isn't going to put himself in a position where, 30 years ago, he could belt out those Zeppelin notes people knew and loved, but now, if people are expecting those notes and he can't deliver...whats to happen? People are going to jump right on the 'Led Zeppelin sucks, Silly Robert Plant for believing he could still belt!' bandwagon.So Robert is just doing whats in his best interest, and whats in Led Zeppelins best interest. I pretty much think that this is what people fail to realize! As much as I would love, hell I would start crying if I found out I was going to see Led Zeppelin, and surprisngly enough JPJ and JP are my favorite Zeppelinites...however, I would be much less excited without Robert...because Led Zeppelin without Robert isn't Led Zeppelin...is it? And to see Led Zeppelin without John Bonham is enough for some people, without Plant would be a little sketchy. -shrug- :unsure:

No, Led Zeppelin would not be the same without Plant. The three J's can still be great if they record new material or go on tour. Without Plant, a magic to the band would be gone. Together they were just amazing, I would still love to see Page, Jones, and Bonham together and Plant and whatever they choose to do musically I would greatly appreciate.

I guess the five performances I witnessed over the past few months (three shows, two related to Americana awards) must have been a mirage or a dream sequence. :zzz: Because I thought he sounded great. And he certainly looked like he was touring without difficulty.

:D

No it's not the same without Robert Plant , but it will still be an incredible band If the right singer came along.

I heard a rumour there scouting an Australian Vocalist James Cupples. I stumbled across his myspace site his voice is freaky and high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy Page is an amazing musician and should still be paying homage to the great work the Band have created

Archived