Who would be a good Plant replacement?

Maybe also Van Morrison in the second category? (Love him--but no pretty boy, either. :D )

You got me so confused, Aqua... we're talking "pretty boys" or "sexy voices" here? :blink:

I honestly tried to love Van, but somehow failed miserably. No contest with the Buckleys. But that's just moi. :D

LOL Paul Rodgers had a wonderful voice and still has it I'd say. But I don't know why his voice just can't really "touch" me like Robert Plant's does. There's a kind of sincerity in Robert's voice which stroke me so hard when I heard Zeppelin for the first time.

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Paul Rodgers is back out on the road w/ Bad Company (and special guests, The Doobie Brothers) this summer.

R B)

Oh, goody, so Brian will have some time to devote to LSC... about time. Might even go to the NSA conference this July. :D

You got me so confused, Aqua... we're talking "pretty boys" or "sexy voices" here? :blink:

I honestly tried to love Van, but somehow failed miserably. No contest with the Buckleys. But that's just moi. :D

Sorry--neither, I think! Just that the first group had a certain kind of voice, and the second--Stewart, Cocker, Morrison--had a different, rawer kind of voice. Though actually still sexy, (as long as you don't look at them), so let's say they're all sexy voices. :D

I love the Buckleys too, btw, especially Tim whom I knew first, but then I knew Van (not personally!) even before that, so I guess he had his place in my heart staked out first. Them were one of my absolute favorite bands from that era, and Van's Astral Weeks one of my fave albums from the next era.

Sorry--neither, I think! Just that the first group had a certain kind of voice, and the second--Stewart, Cocker, Morrison--had a different, rawer kind of voice. Though actually still sexy, (as long as you don't look at them), so let's say they're all sexy voices. :D

I love the Buckleys too, btw, especially Tim whom I knew first, but then I knew Van (not personally!) even before that, so I guess he had his place in my heart staked out first. Them were one of my absolute favorite bands from that era, and Van's Astral Weeks one of my fave albums from the next era.

Wholeheartedly agree on both Tim and Jeff Buckley's voices. I knew of Jeff first and then through Robert singing "Song to the Siren", discovered Tim. And yes, will also agree Astral Weeks is an incredible album!

Steve Winwood - mentioned above - his voice, well :wub:

Wow, how ironic... I almost added "especially Tim" in my post, though I knew Jeff first! (he was born 2 days later than me... now forever young, sadly...)

This is rather inspiring... I thought of launching a thread on Other Bands forum - may be Definitive songs for the spellbinding voices - where folks would take turns introducing all these great singers with the finest examples of their performances, 2-3 songs (with links to streaming files) which really showcase the voice. I wouldn't know which ones to pick, for example, for Van Morrisson, but for Freddie Mercury it's infinitely easy. There's been enough "favorite singers" threads with lists of names which don't do any good unless you already know them. Some evidence would be nice, in the form of specific songs recommendations.

Then I thought better of it. Starting a new thread here is rarely forgiven. Because there isn't anything new. Ever. <_<

Wow, how ironic... I almost added "especially Tim" in my post, though I knew Jeff first! (he was born 2 days later than me... now forever young, sadly...)

This is rather inspiring... I thought of launching a thread on Other Bands forum - may be Definitive songs for the spellbinding voices - where folks would take turns introducing all these great singers with the finest examples of their performances, 2-3 songs (with links to streaming files) which really showcase the voice. I wouldn't know which ones to pick, for example, for Van Morrisson, but for Freddie Mercury it's infinitely easy. There's been enough "favorite singers" threads with lists of names which don't do any good unless you already know them. Some evidence would be nice, in the form of specific songs recommendations.

Then I thought better of it. Starting a new thread here is rarely forgiven. Because there isn't anything new. Ever. <_<

Well, I'd forgive you. :D But I wouldn't know a streaming file if it hit me in the face with a wet fish, unfortunately :bagoverhead: --still, others would. I say, go for it! :thumbsup:

Well, I'd forgive you. :D But I wouldn't know a streaming file if it hit me in the face with a wet fish, unfortunately :bagoverhead:

Example is here: :flying:

On the left hand side, between the 2nd and the 3rd paragraphs, click on a triangular "play" button

under the audio_icon.gifAudio Excerpts to listen to it (quite priceless, actually)

Also, YouTube videos are streaming files. The reason I suggested streaming files rather than uploading link to mp3 files is the Big Bad Copyright :ph34r::o

I say, go for it! :thumbsup:

will you do Van Morrison then? :D

Start the new thread :D If people don't like it, they don't have to participate! I'm challenged with the whole streamlining thing but I will try :D

Start the new thread :D If people don't like it, they don't have to participate! I'm challenged with the whole streamlining thing but I will try :D

all righty then... :yes2: nine, will you do one of those guys? Meself could do Freddie and Tel unless someone else wants them.

Example is here: :flying:

On the left hand side, between the 2nd and the 3rd paragraphs, click on a triangular "play" button

under the audio_icon.gifAudio Excerpts to listen to it (quite priceless, actually)

Also, YouTube videos are streaming files. The reason I suggested streaming files rather than uploading link to mp3 files is the Big Bad Copyright :ph34r::o

will you do Van Morrison then? :D

I think I can manage YouTube! (As soon as time allows, anyway. :D )

I think I can manage YouTube! (As soon as time allows, anyway. :D )

Oh no hurries, it's all good. I just felt inspired, thanks to you guys - especially glicine, aqua and nine :yourock:

BTW did you listen to that streaming audio?

“We’re gonna be in the Hudson”

“I’m sorry, say again, Cactus.” pure brilliance B)

Since Page, Jones and Bonham Jr have decided to have a go at it w/o Plant. WHo do you think would be able to fill his shoes?

In my opinion No body....

I personally would have like to see "relatively new band", Ie. Stevie Winwood, Eric Clapton, or someone close to this "territory"...anything out of bounds will not work for Zepplin, for example, recruiting someone that is "like" Robert Plant". It cannot/will not work with fans. Ofcourse, this is just my opinion. Jimmy Page will have to stay close to musicians of his era for perfect chemistry.

Hi All.

Check out this guy, Marc Eden, i've seen him many times and he is a very good "Robert Plant" impersonator. Enjoy.

http://www.led-by-zeppelin.co.uk/Marc.html

Regards, Danny

PS. Little Jimmy Page, aka Paul Lawrence, is very hot as well.

http://www.led-by-zeppelin.co.uk/paul.html

http://www.led-by-zeppelin.co.uk/Iain.html

http://www.led-by-zeppelin.co.uk/Dave.html

Hi All.

Check out this guy, Marc Eden, i've seen him many times and he is a very good "Robert Plant" impersonator. Enjoy.

...Well, thanks for sharing, what can I say?......... (another "creative idea" :D )

There is no need to hijack this thread just as yet, I will gladly let anyone hijack this thread after the Hall of Fame Ceremony....I am speculating that Jimmy/manager will have something to say....and than that would be "it" for me as far this forum is concerned....

(we all know that Zeppelin is Over....it is the future plans that deviate from this, I was making my original post about)..

In my opinion No body....

I personally would have like to see "relatively new band", Ie. Stevie Winwood, Eric Clapton, or someone close to this "territory"...anything out of bounds will not work for Zepplin, for example, recruiting someone that is "like" Robert Plant". It cannot/will not work with fans. Ofcourse, this is just my opinion. Jimmy Page will have to stay close to musicians of his era for perfect chemistry.

You know I really like the idea of Steve Winwood. I didn't know much about him back in the 80s, just figured he was 'new music' kind of guy. But realizing that he was part of the same era as Jimmy, I think that would be so cool. I totally hate the idea of trying to replace Robert Plant by 'recreating' him with someone that looks or sounds like him.

Yeah, I like that a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived