Who would be a good Plant replacement?

in a way that makes plant angry this time like what happened in 93 :D

But this time it will be coverdale zeppelin ?! :blink::wacko::huh:

He can't sing zep songs as Robert do .. Absolutely!

Furthermore, I disagree the concept of replacing Robert .. it doesn't make sense for me!

You know I really like the idea of Steve Winwood. I didn't know much about him back in the 80s, just figured he was 'new music' kind of guy. But realizing that he was part of the same era as Jimmy, I think that would be so cool. I totally hate the idea of trying to replace Robert Plant by 'recreating' him with someone that looks or sounds like him.

Yeah, I like that a lot!

Led Zeppelin are over no longer a band have not been a band since 1980! So move on already!

I've tried to stay out of this thread but alas... I've lost the fight. Led Zeppelin are probably the biggest band in rock history... only The Beatles... maybe... are bigger. And Zeppelin are where they are because you had four very unique and extremely talented individuals who each contributed mightily to the entire scope of what made that band up.

The sign of love and respect they displayed when John Bonham passed was unprecedented. Unlike The Who or any other number of bands, Zep chose to close shop. The fact that they have only reunited four times since 1980, (Live Aid - Atlantic Records 40th - Jason Wedding Reception - Ahmet Ertegun Tribute) and all four were special occasions, with three of those times being with Jason on drums, is a testament to how much Bonzo meant to the group.

I may be the lone exception that has NOT wanted them to reunite. The name LED ZEPPELIN holds a special place in rock history. Bonzo was Plant's best friend... long before either had ever heard of Jimmy Page or John Baldwin. The fact that Robert has held steady in not wanting to revisit the past... as Led Zeppelin... has a large part to do with their friendship. It also has a lot to do with the fact that John Bonham was the greatest drummer in rock history and left an indelible mark on music forever.

Plant has taken so much heat for his decision to not reunite as Led Zeppelin and I for one am just appalled. Fans... and not to upset Heartbreaker Girl, but it seems the majority wanting this reformation are younger fans, have been so cruel in their treatment of Plant with snide remarks and tossing out names to replace him as if he were just a used Duracell.

I've seen young fans say... Come on Plant... I never got to see Zep... you must do this! You owe us!

Ha! Plant owes nobody anything. And the names being tossed out... come on people... wake the f*ck up. Is Jimmy Page replaceable? No. Neither is Robert. Nor John Paul. So why are people so eager to have Myles Kennedy or David Coverdale or Chris Robinson or some bloke in Indiana replace Plant?... It's sad and ridiculous.

I am a huge fan of Coverdale... but I would not want him singing as Led Zeppelin's singer. That job belongs to Robert Anthony Plant. And Plant has been there, done that. He owes nobody anything and he certainly doesn't need to revisit Zep to appease a generation unfortunate to have not been born earlier.

Go watch your Led Zeppelin DVD... pay close to attention to Bonzo. And Robert. And then tell me how easily they can be replaced.

And it makes me wonder...

Ha! Plant owes nobody anything. And the names being tossed out... come on people... wake the f*ck up. Is Jimmy Page replaceable? No. Neither is Robert. Nor John Paul. So why are people so eager to have Myles Kennedy or David Coverdale or Chris Robinson or some bloke in Indiana replace Plant?... It's sad and ridiculous.

Go watch your Led Zeppelin DVD... pay close to attention to Bonzo. And Robert. And then tell me how easily they can be replaced.

Good for u..

Dr. Death, I agree with most of what you said.

Only one thing, don't blame it solely on the young fans.

Hey, I'm young too, I have never been able to see Zeppelin, I wasn't even born when they broke up. And you know what, I don't need them to do anything they don't want to.

And believe me, there have been enough "old fans" who told me: You don't want a reunion? Because you have no f××ing clue how great Zeppelin is. You'd only know when you were there.

Follow that I'd guess there's no one who could claim to be a Mozart fan, since none in the world has listened to him in person.

I'm just thankful for what they have given us as first class musicians, together or individual, and will always accept and respect their decision.

Dr. Death, I agree with most of what you said.

Only one thing, don't blame it solely on the young fans.

Hey, I'm young too, I have never been able to see Zeppelin, I wasn't even born when they broke up. And you know what, I don't need them to do anything they don't want to.

And believe me, there have been enough "old fans" who told me: You don't want a reunion? Because you have no f××ing clue how great Zeppelin is. You'd only know when you were there.

Follow that I'd guess there's no one who could claim to be a Mozart fan, since none in the world has listened to him in person.

I'm just thankful for what they have given us as first class musicians, together or individual, and will always accept and respect their decision.

Good point - I know how great they are and I've not seen them either. I accepted the fact they were no longer a band when they announced that fact. We've been blessed with three occasions to see them on stage together and that to me is icing on the cake. I was lucky to have seen 2 of them. The gift they gave us as Zep and the gifts they've given us as solo artists are more than anyone could ask for. That will last forever. If they choose to reunite - I'll be doing my darndest to get tickets. But they said they weren't and I accept and respect that. I don't need it to happen.

I've tried to stay out of this thread but alas... I've lost the fight. Led Zeppelin are probably the biggest band in rock history... only The Beatles... maybe... are bigger. And Zeppelin are where they are because you had four very unique and extremely talented individuals who each contributed mightily to the entire scope of what made that band up.

The sign of love and respect they displayed when John Bonham passed was unprecedented. Unlike The Who or any other number of bands, Zep chose to close shop. The fact that they have only reunited four times since 1980, (Live Aid - Atlantic Records 40th - Jason Wedding Reception - Ahmet Ertegun Tribute) and all four were special occasions, with three of those times being with Jason on drums, is a testament to how much Bonzo meant to the group.

I may be the lone exception that has NOT wanted them to reunite. The name LED ZEPPELIN holds a special place in rock history. Bonzo was Plant's best friend... long before either had ever heard of Jimmy Page or John Baldwin. The fact that Robert has held steady in not wanting to revisit the past... as Led Zeppelin... has a large part to do with their friendship. It also has a lot to do with the fact that John Bonham was the greatest drummer in rock history and left an indelible mark on music forever.

Plant has taken so much heat for his decision to not reunite as Led Zeppelin and I for one am just appalled. Fans... and not to upset Heartbreaker Girl, but it seems the majority wanting this reformation are younger fans, have been so cruel in their treatment of Plant with snide remarks and tossing out names to replace him as if he were just a used Duracell.

I've seen young fans say... Come on Plant... I never got to see Zep... you must do this! You owe us!

I am a huge fan of Coverdale... but I would not want him singing as Led Zeppelin's singer. That job belongs to Robert Anthony Plant. And Plant has been there, done that. He owes nobody anything and he certainly doesn't need to revisit Zep to appease a generation unfortunate to have not been born earlier.

Totally respect your view, but did you feel the same way about Page/Plant in the 90's? Because whatever they were working on with the likes of Myles Kennedy, etc., it wasn't going to be called "Led Zeppelin".

If it's okay for Jimmy and Robert to work together, then why isn't it okay for Jimmy and Jonesy to work together? Frankly I'm disappointed because I thought the two of them could make some really good music together regardless of who was singing, or if they even had a singer for that matter.

Totally respect your view, but did you feel the same way about Page/Plant in the 90's? Because whatever they were working on with the likes of Myles Kennedy, etc., it wasn't going to be called "Led Zeppelin".

If it's okay for Jimmy and Robert to work together, then why isn't it okay for Jimmy and Jonesy to work together? Frankly I'm disappointed because I thought the two of them could make some really good music together regardless of who was singing, or if they even had a singer for that matter.

He was focusing on "Led Zeppelin', saying it's not ok to "replace Robert Plant in Led Zeppelin".

No one said it's not okay for Jimmy and Jonesy to work together here, as a new project.

And I'm disappointed too.

He was focusing on "Led Zeppelin', saying it's not ok to "replace Robert Plant in Led Zeppelin".

No one said it's not okay for Jimmy and Jonesy to work together here, as a new project.

And I'm disappointed too.

Thank you. Glad somebody understood. This thread is titled Who would be a good replacement for Plant? Zep to tour with new singer...

Had the thread been titled Page/Jones/Bonham searching for singer for new project... then I would have no problem with it. Yes, I'd love to see Jimmy and JPJ work together again, especially after the 1994-1998 Page/Plant situation that left Jonsey out in the cold. And I love Jason's drumming. I still listen to Mad Hatter, that's how much I like him.

Just don't call it Led Zeppelin if Robert isn't going to take part...

Thank you. Glad somebody understood. This thread is titled Who would be a good replacement for Plant? Zep to tour with new singer...

Had the thread been titled Page/Jones/Bonham searching for singer for new project... then I would have no problem with it. Yes, I'd love to see Jimmy and JPJ work together again, especially after the 1994-1998 Page/Plant situation that left Jonsey out in the cold. And I love Jason's drumming. I still listen to Mad Hatter, that's how much I like him.

Just don't call it Led Zeppelin if Robert isn't going to take part...

Agreed 100%. :beer:

A friend of mine said, it doesn't matter who is going to sing as long as they play. For her actually Jimmy is the only essence of Led Zep :wall: , but I guess anybody else agrees when I say it is disrespecting for the other members who were/are in the band, pick what you like better. Led Zeppelin are the four of them playing together. Jimmy maybe founded that band, but each member of the band was essential.

Saying Jimmy is the only essential member also means, you could replace anybody else in the band and still call that Led Zepelin. But that is simply wrong.

We better keep the memory of Led Zeppelin alive as they used to be; four young men turning into legends and Gods of Rock. Anything else would be disrespecting.

A friend of mine said, it doesn't matter who is going to sing as long as they play. For her actually Jimmy is the only essence of Led Zep :wall: , but I guess anybody else agrees when I say it is disrespecting for the other members who were/are in the band, pick what you like better. Led Zeppelin are the four of them playing together. Jimmy maybe founded that band, but each member of the band was essential.

Saying Jimmy is the only essential member also means, you could replace anybody else in the band and still call that Led Zepelin. But that is simply wrong.

We better keep the memory of Led Zeppelin alive as they used to be; four young men turning into legends and Gods of Rock. Anything else would be disrespecting.

Jimmy was never going to call the new band Led Zeppelin, because, without Robert, it would have been exactly that, a new band. Therefore Robert was never going to be "replaced."

But now it isn't even going to be a new band, so no point people suggesting singers.

Archived