Who would be a good Plant replacement?

I know very well that he is not interested, and actually wouldn't appreciate being suggested for it.

He appreciates people who respect him and his talents as an individual, not because of who his Dad is.

:flyakite:

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Very sexy and talented. He defenitely has his fathers genes......

And by the way looks awesome in them!

I am sure we will be quite successful in his own right.

George Michael would be a great choice in my opinion.....still has a wonderful soulful voice that could add different takes to old material and new material.

Phil Mogg also would be fine with me.

Joss Stone also would be fine with me.

Why not just record with multiple vocalists!

In the JPJ announces search for singer thread it is mentioned Anne Wilson as a possible singer. Though it seems unlikely I thought how about a thread about Heart.

This link was given:

What a great job of singing she does. Check out some of the other videos too.

I can't think of another band as successful as Heart who faithfully offered renditions of another bands work in tribute as they have towards Led Zeppelin. I'm suddenly very moved by this as I realize they have done this since the seventies. How unique and touching.

I'd love to see them play together (not necessarily as the replacement John Paul Jones mentions) as the Wilson sisters clearly love them and have paid such tribute to them for so long and done such a good job at it.

WHO would be a good replacement ?.... NOBODY.

end of.

Who says so ? YOU DO - the Zep fans. And of course you are right, obviously.

Just finished listening to 'Nicky's polls' on Planet Rock, and the question was : which song should a new singer NOT sing.

In other words, which song is SO sacrosant it would be blasphemy for anybody else to perform ?

Results as follows, as chosen by you ....

5) Dazed And Confused

4) Whole Lotta Love

3) Kashmir

2) Stairway To Heaven

.... and at number one (overwhelmingly so) ..... NO ZEPPELIN SONG should be performed by any other singer.

They are just too damn holy. Simple as.

Thank you my friends for doing the right thing, as I knew you would. And thank you Nicky Horne, for 'playing' (if thats the word) 10 seconds of silence, as number one. Great class, fella.

I just posted something similar on another space, but I'll say it again. Since Steven Tyler has been Jamming w/ the 3J's and it was confirmed in an article by Brad Whitford from Aerosmith, I think they should all tour together! Hire Miles Kennedy as their main lead singer, and Jam w/ Aerosmith on some good Zep songs. I agree there are some Zep songs I just don't like to hear other people sing, but there are some that do fit Tyler's voice and range. I would love to hear him sing "Dazed", "Train", "WWL". I can even imagine him doing a fine version of "FYL", which is still one of my favorite songs from the Reunion. They could also do "GTBT" and all of the songs mentioned, w/out tuning down. I don't really care for cover versions of Kashmir, and "ALS", but who knows we'll just have to wait and see.

George Michael would be a great choice in my opinion.....still has a wonderful soulful voice that could add different takes to old material and new material.

Phil Mogg also would be fine with me.

Joss Stone also would be fine with me.

Why not just record with multiple vocalists!

are you joking with the george michael thing?

In other words, which song is SO sacrosant it would be blasphemy for anybody else to perform ?

.... and at number one (overwhelmingly so) ..... NO ZEPPELIN SONG should be performed by any other singer.

Thank you my friends for doing the right thing, as I knew you would. And thank you Nicky Horne, for 'playing' (if thats the word) 10 seconds of silence, as number one. Great class, fella.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-

So no guitarist should ever play a Zeppelin tune with Robert? A song's a fucking song.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-

So no guitarist should ever play a Zeppelin tune with Robert? A song's a fucking song.

You mean without Robert? :huh:

I agree (I think). Even I ought to be allowed to sing Zeppelin songs if I want to, and I often want to, and it sounds horrible. No songs are so holy only one person can ever sing them.

:mellow: Zeppelin songs are much, much more than just that surely !!

That's like saying Big Ben is just another clock ! B)

You mean without Robert? :huh:

I agree (I think). Even I ought to be allowed to sing Zeppelin songs if I want to, and I often want to, and it sounds horrible. No songs are so holy only one person can ever sing them.

Fair enough, but that's what polls are all about - diverse opinions.

And in this case the (large) majority of fans say they don't want to hear another vocalist doing Zeppelin songs.

[size=7]no one man we have to join forces make a rock campaign beg if we have to make robert plant get back to led zeppelin lets face it no one has plant voice and no one at this part of historical rock ages of zeppelin could make that representive vocal sound is not as if they would had recently started you just can´t change plant we have to get robert back right now f$&# yeah!

Fair enough, but that's what polls are all about - diverse opinions.

And in this case the (large) majority of fans say they don't want to hear another vocalist doing Zeppelin songs.

Oh yeah, nothing wrong with diverse opinions, and to be fair in this case I think it does make a difference whether the point is that nobody should sing the songs with J/JP/JB, which I guess is what the poll was saying, or that nobody should sing them at all. I wouldn't be too keen on someone else singing them with J/JP/JB, it's true, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're too holy. Depends on who the singer is and the extent to which they're not trying to sing like RP, for instance.

However, when it comes to people singing the songs with other bands--bring it on! :D And I shall continue to holler Ramble On in the shower. :ph34r:

Oh yeah, nothing wrong with diverse opinions, and to be fair in this case I think it does make a difference whether the point is that nobody should sing the songs with J/JP/JB, which I guess is what the poll was saying, or that nobody should sing them at all. I wouldn't be too keen on someone else singing them with J/JP/JB, it's true, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're too holy. Depends on who the singer is and the extent to which they're not trying to sing like RP, for instance.

However, when it comes to people singing the songs with other bands--bring it on! :D And I shall continue to holler Ramble On in the shower. :ph34r:

Can I sing back up ? Sorry Aqua, I couldn't resist :D

Archived