Who would be a good Plant replacement?

are you some kind of bellend ?

plant cannot be replaced, this isn't journey or flipping guns roses or frigging some other hair band, who replace members in their band, so that a few can carry the name forward and sell records due to their loyal fan base.

stupid question. no fucker can replace robert in the band.

this is all stupid talk by white trash who haven't got anything better to do.

Jimmy and Jonsey simply need to make a public statement announcing their intention to form a NEW band together. Then all this crazy speculation about replacing Robert can stop. There is no reason to call the band Led Zeppelin without him. Their is nothing to gain by using the Zeppelin name without Plant. I think, with a new singer, new name, they still sell out 18,0000 seat arenas. I would have to believe a Plantless Zeppelin would do no better.

are you some kind of bellend ?

plant cannot be replaced, this isn't journey or flipping guns roses or frigging some other hair band, who replace members in their band, so that a few can carry the name forward and sell records due to their loyal fan base.

stupid question. no fucker can replace robert in the band.

this is all stupid talk by white trash who haven't got anything better to do.

You just crossed several lines there, friend.

Jimmy and Jonsey simply need to make a public statement announcing their intention to form a NEW band together. Then all this crazy speculation about replacing Robert can stop. There is no reason to call the band Led Zeppelin without him. Their is nothing to gain by using the Zeppelin name without Plant. I think, with a new singer, new name, they still sell out 18,0000 seat arenas. I would have to believe a Plantless Zeppelin would do no better.

It seems to me that after all our initial excitement about the new project, we are going to be kept waiting for a little while yet. I received a message from Chas West a couple of days ago, in reply to my question to him as to whether he will be jamming/gigging with Jason again soon (Jason sometimes drops by and jams with Chas at The Cat Club, LA where Chas is resident with his band doing a Zep set). He said that he was talking with Jason recently about it, and that he (Jason) was waiting to see what happens with Jimmy & Jonesy. Chas seemed quite positive that there could be some kind of Jason Bonham Band reunion in the not too distant future. So, it could be possible Jason might be involved with that before any collaboration with Jimmy and John Paul comes to fruition.

I just don't see what the hold up is with Jimmy and Jonsey, unless Robert has left the door open at least a crack. Obviously everything points to that not being the case at all, but then why the hold up. If they both want to play and Jason is on board, why not start or continue writing and recording and bring in a new singer and get this project started. Page and Jones have already waited twenty eight years to write some new material. What is the hold up? Sorry, just venting.

This has come in from lemonsqueezings. Apparently, the 3 J's were at Alter Bridge's Brixton gig Saturday night..

Alter Bridge gig

I knew they would be there. I wonder why they did not film the DVD or why the three J's didn't perform on stage? Could it be that Robert has agreed to sing with them and they don't need a new singer anymore? But out of respect for Myles they went to see his concert with Alter Bridge?

This has come in from lemonsqueezings. Apparently, the 3 J's were at Alter Bridge's Brixton gig Saturday night..

Alter Bridge gig

Miss HD, Thanks for the info and link. As far as what the future brings it's still mainly speculative until we hear from one of them. I thinking positively on this. We'll see.

I knew they would be there. I wonder why they did not film the DVD or why the three J's didn't perform on stage? Could it be that Robert has agreed to sing with them and they don't need a new singer anymore? But out of respect for Myles they went to see his concert with Alter Bridge?

That's just wishful thinking :)

I'm surprised they didn't film, Brixton Academy is a fantastic venue for live music. There's such a great vibe about the place. Many a gig has been filmed there for DVD release.

As for the J's not getting up on stage, I would be surprised if they did anything like that before an official announcement (all 3 of them announcing together) is made that they are working together.

As for the J's not getting up on stage, I would be surprised if they did anything like that before an official announcement (all 3 of them announcing together) is made that they are working together.

Agreed. But I must say that's a pretty definite sign that Myles is the new singer with the J's showing up. Unless they're showing up to every possible rumored replacement singer's gigs. :lol: Now if only they would get on with it!!

Since Page, Jones and Bonham Jr have decided to have a go at it w/o Plant. WHo do you think would be able to fill his shoes?

Terry Reid would be my first choice. Although, I don't know how his voice has held up

Ian Gillan's voice sounds as great as it ever did. I think he would work well.

I know that when John Henry Bonham died Jimmy Page sad that there was no more Led Zeppelin, that there will be no one that can raplace him! And now they want to replace Robert Plan? I don't like this idea, and IM SURE that no one can replace him, and if they do that (replace him)... I don't know... It Sucks

In the spirit of jumping on the bandwagon after the wheels have fallen off, I've been listening to

Wolfmother B-sides.

Andrew Stockdale needs a band, Jx3 need a singer. Why not shit can the whole Plant-less Zep thing and join Wolfmother for a record and some shows. I think that is killing at least 3 birds with one stone.

1) They don't have to play Zeppelin at all, but it could sound more like Zeppelin than anything since 1975.

2) No worries about a name, they can be Wolfmother.

3) Jimmy and John Paul know how to bring the noise ala art school, so Stockdale would continue to have people pulling him into experimental zones. I'm worried that the experimental element of Wolfmother is out, and we're going to be left with Stockdale going into "Sabotage" or "Never say Die" mode... all blues hot licks and no innovation.

4) This could easily kill 12-18 months, and leave Robert Plant some peace of mind, which is probably one of the few commodities still sought by the successful man (or woman).

Join Wolfmother, I say. B)

I know that when John Henry Bonham died Jimmy Page sad that there was no more Led Zeppelin, that there will be no one that can raplace him! And now they want to replace Robert Plan? I don't like this idea, and IM SURE that no one can replace him, and if they do that (replace him)... I don't know... It Sucks

They all decided not to continue as Zep, just just Jimmy. No one said they were replacing Robert except the media, who keep implying this new project they're working on is Zep. Jimmy himself has said it's not the band without all of them on board.

ok here is an idea I havn't seen before.

Get a new singer to sing the NEW STUFF

Sample Roberts voice for the old stuff

Put a big screen over the stage and play the words with a

FOLLOW THE BOUNCING BALL

and let everyone sing.............................

ok here is an idea I havn't seen before.

Get a new singer to sing the NEW STUFF

Sample Roberts voice for the old stuff

Put a big screen over the stage and play the words with a

FOLLOW THE BOUNCING BALL

and let everyone sing.............................

That's similar what they do for those Elvis in Concert shows. They have his original band, but they have Elvis' voice playing to the songs and on the video screen.

That's similar what they do for those Elvis in Concert shows. They have his original band, but they have Elvis' voice playing to the songs and on the video screen.

sounds like a winner....

I can't wait till it gets shot down here.. lol

Archived