Who would be a good Plant replacement?

It is my understanding that all have to agree and if one band member doesn't, then they can't. Led Zeppelin is a business and am not sure if all band members own the copyright to the name or if only one owns the copyright. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by PennyLane

How about hologram images of Robert singing the songs as performed at The Albert Hall 69, MSG 73, Earls Court 75, Knebworth 79 and For Your Life from the O2? :o

That's what the Elvis in Concert is like. Showing him up on the screen with video performances from certain shows like '68 Comeback Special, Aloha From Hawaii and That's The Way It Is, while his actual band is playing on stage. Would not like to see Zeppelin do that. Elvis doing that is completely different. I saw this at the Theatre (Wamu) at MSG a few years back. It was quite good and being in the second row helped. A lot of people were really into it. All the Elvis fanatics and impersonators were there. They were all in the bar before the show as well. Great stuff.

Although, I know you were being funny.

• 3 weeks later...

Ann and Nancy Wilson know the songs inside and out, and the fact that Cameron Crowe is a longtime friend of the band doesn't hurt.

Terry Reid would be great, too.

I'd love Roy Harper to open the show and tour the US with them because his CDs are no longer imports, and do "The Same Old Rock" with Page and Jones. He had been talking about doing a small tour in 2009, even though he's sort of retired.

Who would be a good replacement?

No one. It just wouldn't be the same, even if a great replacement was found.

I was 17 when Bonzo died. My friends and I had plans to camp outside of MSG 3 days before the tix went on sale to get tickets when the bad news came. You heard nothing but Zep on LI NY radio for the next few days.

So, for the past 28 years, I have played Zep like it was the Music of the Gods. In college, when there was a zep song on a radio station, people would yell down the dorm hall to me, telling me what station was playing zep. My kids know the words and riffs from almost all the songs, even though none of them were born when the group was together. Led Zeppelin has been the music of my life.

I would have loved to take my older kids to see them. All of them.

There are probally many, many people who share my story and you know what...Robert Plant owes the millions of zep fans around the world, ONE LAST TOUR. I know he can do what he wants, hey its a free world, and he doesn't owe anybody anything, but it would be the right thing to do. I know this makes me sound like a cry baby, but after all the loyalty zep and plant has been shown, 1 month of rehearsal and a 2 month tour is not too much to ask.

I hope they can work it out.

David Coverdale - Looks and sounds like Plant.

If you're deaf ____ and blind.

That is an intellectually bankrupt proposition, and I lost a lot of respect for Page when he went there in 1992. An imitator won't work, but would be unspeakably lame. The answer is still Leona Lewis. She is the best woman for the job, and would render Plant comparisons moot.

Edited by rokarolla

Nobody would be a good replacement for Plant. I'm sorry, but there's just no excuse for absent living members. It always rubbed me the wrong way when Page & Plant went on tour without Jones. I understand that they're more "popular" than JPJ, but JPJ is no less a force behind Zep than P&P are. Now, Page and JPJ going without Robert gives me pretty much the same feeling but even moreso, especially because he's the singer. You can't just give his replacement a bass and shove him in the back. He has a totally unique voice that cannot be replaced, and by nature a singer has to be front and center. I don't think that makes him any more important than the other members, but he does have a very visible role in the band. Jimmy is also a front and center type of person, but there's no way you can ignore the guy standing next to him and try to downplay him. I'd love to see Page and JPJ, but it's not Zep without Plant.

Nobody would be a good replacement for Plant. I'm sorry, but there's just no excuse for absent living members. It always rubbed me the wrong way when Page & Plant went on tour without Jones. I understand that they're more "popular" than JPJ, but JPJ is no less a force behind Zep than P&P are. Now, Page and JPJ going without Robert gives me pretty much the same feeling but even moreso, especially because he's the singer. You can't just give his replacement a bass and shove him in the back. He has a totally unique voice that cannot be replaced, and by nature a singer has to be front and center. I don't think that makes him any more important than the other members, but he does have a very visible role in the band. Jimmy is also a front and center type of person, but there's no way you can ignore the guy standing next to him and try to downplay him. I'd love to see Page and JPJ, but it's not Zep without Plant.

Well, your last point is the relevant one--all the rest might be true if they were going to perform as "Led Zeppelin," but as they're not, and this is a new band, nobody's replacing anybody, and no excuses need be made. (Page and Plant weren't performing as Zeppelin, either, and yes I know the Zeppelin name appeared on some of the promo material.)

Randy Jackson of Zebra ("who's behind the door") is currently doning a tribute to Zeppelin tour and he sounds almost exactly like Robert - but, are we looking for a "sound-alike" or someone who would "fit in" well with the band and really FEELS the vibe Jimmy and co. are trying to communicate? Maybe Jackson fits both the vocalist Jimmy is looking for and is someone who understands the vibe.....I dont know.

I think that if the band is really going to carry on without Robert, they and only they know what and who they are looking for. I would bet that they will make a new band in that case and re-name themselves.

Robert himself said after Bonzo died that there was no point in going forward as Led Zeppelin because Led Zeppelin was "those four guys" and that was over........

My votes for Chris Robinson of The Black Crowes. I think he did awesome covers on the '99 tour with Jimmy. Sure, he's no Robert - but thats why it's great. He put his own style on the songs instead of just trying to imitate Rob, which always ends horribly.

Maybe that's just because I love The Black Crowes... :D

There is one person I think could step in and it would be for "musical" talent only. This would also serve to show everyone they are not trying to and cannot replace Plant.

Anne Wilson

I just saw Heart live last month and WOW can she still belt out Zeppelin with passion.

That would be brilliant!

There has been A LOT of talk about Robert Plant's replacement and I think that if anyone is going to replace the legend, it has to be another legend....Chris Cornell. He is the ONLY man that could possibly do a good job, and is in my opinion the best ever. Just listen to this zeppelin cover:

Whole Lotta Love: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eJKJnN7cOTI

And his amazing range: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3bOtqt7OFjg