Who would be a good Plant replacement?

Jack Russell from great white could pull it off

As I mentioned in another thread, Great White definitely knew their way around some Zep tunes but it's been stated that they weren't looking for a Plant "soundalike" in whatever the new band would have been.

Wow! When I first read your suggestion I thought no way, but after listening to him sing "Since I been loving you" I think you're right. He could pull it off.... though I don't see it happening.

Great White did a lot of Zep covers back when they were a bar band. They also did an album full of them several years back:

417JEJYGS4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The biggest hold back (aside from the tour being off) is that they were never looking for a mere Plant "soundalike". There were also never any plans to call it "Led Zeppelin" (as implied in the thread subtitle).

j'espère que Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones et Jason Bonham vont enfin se décider à faire un album ou une tournée mondiale ensemble.

si ils prennent vraiment plaisir à jouer ensemble, pourquoi les empêcher de le faire sous prétexte que Robert Plant n'en a pas envie. ils ont qu'à changer le nom du groupe et trouver un autre chanteur !

ils ne seront pas les premiers à le faire. Queen, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple et biens d'autres ne se sont pas gêner.

ce qui m'énerve, quand Robert Plant interprête du Led Zep sans Jimmy Page, ça ne choque personne. Mais quand Jimmy Page veut jouer du Led Zep sans Robert Plant, tout le monde s'offusque !

alors s'il vous plait, Jimmy Page, faite une tournée mondiale pour que vos fans puisses à nouveau profiter de votre talent de guitariste et de votre musique !

j'espère que Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones et Jason Bonham vont enfin se décider à faire un album ou une tournée mondiale ensemble.

si ils prennent vraiment plaisir à jouer ensemble, pourquoi les empêcher de le faire sous prétexte que Robert Plant n'en a pas envie. ils ont qu'à changer le nom du groupe et trouver un autre chanteur !

ils ne seront pas les premiers à le faire. Queen, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple et biens d'autres ne se sont pas gêner.

ce qui m'énerve, quand Robert Plant interprête du Led Zep sans Jimmy Page, ça ne choque personne. Mais quand Jimmy Page veut jouer du Led Zep sans Robert Plant, tout le monde s'offusque !

alors s'il vous plait, Jimmy Page, faite une tournée mondiale pour que vos fans puisses à nouveau profiter de votre talent de guitariste et de votre musique !

I disagree--it does piss off lots of people that Robert sings Zep songs in his solo career but doesn't want to join JP/JPJ/JB. And nobody (or only a few) has a problem with Jimmy doing Zep numbers without Robert. It's apparently Jimmy's decision not to go ahead with the new project, but we'd ALL like to see him out there playing!

Jeez, it's Robert's fault even in French! :D

Translation courtesy of Google Language Tools

I hope that Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham will finally decide to make an album or a world tour together.

if they are really fun to play together, why prevent them from doing so under the pretext that Robert Plant did not want. they just change the name of the group and find another singer!

they will not be the first to do so. Queen, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and many others did not interfere.

what annoys me, when Robert Plant of Led Zep interpreter without Jimmy Page, it does not offend anyone. But when Jimmy Page wants to play Led Zep without Robert Plant, everyone's offended!

then please, Jimmy Page, make a world tour so that your fans can once again enjoy your talent as a guitarist and your music!

I disagree--it does piss off lots of people that Robert sings Zep songs in his solo career but doesn't want to join JP/JPJ/JB. And nobody (or only a few) has a problem with Jimmy doing Zep numbers without Robert. It's apparently Jimmy's decision not to go ahead with the new project, but we'd ALL like to see him out there playing!

Jeez, it's Robert's fault even in French! :D

Mon dieu :blink:

:D

Disagree with you. Chris is a little off key and can't screech as Plant at the beginning of Immigrant. Not the same. :D

Okay, I think hes better but I'm biased, but you gotta admit theres no one else around (apart from plant) that can sing a zeppelin song this well.

Okay, I think hes better but I'm biased, but you gotta admit theres no one else around (apart from plant) that can sing a zeppelin song this well.

Okay to be biased but totally agree - Robert's the best and the only one that can sing Zeppelin songs! I am very biased when it comes to Robert. :D :D :D

As far as a replacement singer, Paul Rodgers would be a great fit, however, why is Robert being so stubborn. Sure, we all are selfish in wanting to see Zep again here in the U. S., but we the fans are really what built LZ into the group they became....buying the Albums and the Concert Tickets....so RP needs to climb down from the ego and give the fans what we want! Also, how long will we have to wait to get a DVD of the London show????

As far as a replacement singer, Paul Rodgers would be a great fit, however, why is Robert being so stubborn. Sure, we all are selfish in wanting to see Zep again here in the U. S., but we the fans are really what built LZ into the group they became....buying the Albums and the Concert Tickets....so RP needs to climb down from the ego and give the fans what we want! Also, how long will we have to wait to get a DVD of the London show????

:rolleyes:

Has nothing to do with ego - he is interested in doing other musical projects. End of story.

Randy Jackson of Zebra. No one can replace Plant,but Randy has the most natural voice that ive ev er herd. He has jamed with Jason befor i would think that Randy would probably make his short list. but i guess if any of the greats were going to get the temp. job, it would have happend by now.

Hello guys, brand new to the forum. Im not very old but absolutely love Zeppelin and bands like them...such as Aerosmith, Stones, GNR and all that good stuff. :D Anyway, I know this has a 0% chance of actually happening and it wouldn't be the exact same, but how about Axl Rose as a fill-in?

His voice is some what similar, he's incredibly charasmatic, and he can play the part of a lead singer of an all time great band.

Archived