Doug Boyle

Aquamarine

Good stuff and somewhat different than I'd thought it would be. More subdued. I thought it would be a bit heavier. Judging by some of his comments on the site, he's got a great sense of humor. I thought he was fantastic when I saw him on Robert's tours in 1988 and 90.

Good stuff and somewhat different than I'd thought it would be. More subdued. I thought it would be a bit heavier. Judging by some of his comments on the site, he's got a great sense of humor. I thought he was fantastic when I saw him on Robert's tours in 1988 and 90.

Dog Unit has got a pretty heavy feel to it. I suspect there's more were that came from. Certainly worth a full listen. I'll buy it

Not what I was expecting either but shows the diversity of his playing as I think what he's put up thus far has been really stunning. He was great on both those tours! Liar's Dance live was incredible. Great moment with him and Robert.

Not what I was expecting either but shows the diversity of his playing as I think what he's put up thus far has been really stunning. He was great on both those tours! Liar's Dance live was incredible. Great moment with him and Robert.

That's some of his best playing as well as Ship of Fools.

Many fans of Robert's solo career will remember the great work he and his guitarist Doug Boyle did together (Now and Zen, Manic Nirvana, Fate of Nations). Doug's got a new album coming out, which you can explore here--

http://web.mac.com/dougboyle

Trust me, he hasn't lost it! :stereo:

Hey-Up Aquamarine,

Do you remember when we were stood having a drink with "Doug Boyle" @ the Wembley Plaza, just before we all went to see "Sir Robert & Alison, 22/05/08". What a really nice chap, & Guitarist. :elvis2:

Thanks for the link aswell, shall give it a go.

Hope all is well with you,

Hang-man :ph34r:

Hi Hang-Man,

Yes, we had a great get-together before the show, didn't we? Doug is indeed a lovely person (as were all the others who got together--hard to believe it was that long ago!), and his album sounds full of really interesting and varied material! Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

Hope you're well too!

:wave:

• 2 months later...
Some truly gorgeous guitar on Second Sunrise. Acoustic and electric--it's just beautiful. :) A wonderfully atmospheric piece. (As is the other one.)

Both tracks are great but I'm more partial to Second Sunrise. That acoustic guitar is just so hauntingly gorgeous.

The Crystal Bell now available for download--until midnight Feb. 1st, 10 mins-worth for a quid. B) Another really interesting one but totally different to the other two. Great range on this album so far, and some real virtuoso playing IMO.

Thanks for the tip. I've been enjoying the two I downloaded quite a bit.

Ya, i can remember Doug Boyle in the Knebworth Park... so nice... i remember in Tall Cool One... is pretty wonderful while they played a fragment about Custard Pie... also Wearing And Tearing... the cordination Page, Boyle's and Jones in the early of these song.

ooohhhhhhhhhhhh, somebody remember Knebworth... Liars Dance????... jesuschrist !! Plant and Boyle duel ... jajaja

:D:D

Archived