71 tour

ally

Having seen Zep in Vancouver from 1970 on...I'd have to say that the 71 tour was the best. The band had a feel that can only be discribed as mesmerizing. I've heard most of the boots, but was wondering if anyone has uncovered anything from the Aug 19 1971 show.I'd even settle for some pictures. We've all seen the Rick Mcgrath Georgia Strait interview and pics .... gimme something other than those. I've talked to Rick and in fairness to him, it was a long time back and he couldn't verify if the Strait had anything more. Hell... I'll settle for a great tape of something unreleased from that tour!!!!! By the way visit the Rick McGrath website.Very good and accurate. Vancouver was a hell of a town in those day's Thanks

Having seen Zep in Vancouver from 1970 on...I'd have to say that the 71 tour was the best. The band had a feel that can only be discribed as mesmerizing. I've heard most of the boots, but was wondering if anyone has uncovered anything from the Aug 19 1971 show.I'd even settle for some pictures. We've all seen the Rick Mcgrath Georgia Strait interview and pics .... gimme something other than those. I've talked to Rick and in fairness to him, it was a long time back and he couldn't verify if the Strait had anything more. Hell... I'll settle for a great tape of something unreleased from that tour!!!!! By the way visit the Rick McGrath website.Very good and accurate. Vancouver was a hell of a town in those day's Thanks

there are some amazing recording floating around from that tour. seek and ye shall find.

According to Dave Lewis/Simon Pallett's book, there is no known recording of that '71 Vancouver show. Go get that book -- it's very much the bible of live Zeppelin performances and recordings.

Also, how cool to be in Vancouver at that time???? Zep had some great shows there -- I know that dynamite '70 show is floating around, also a fantastic one from '75. I believe the '72 and '73 gigs are also around.

According to Dave Lewis/Simon Pallett's book, there is no known recording of that '71 Vancouver show. Go get that book -- it's very much the bible of live Zeppelin performances and recordings.

Also, how cool to be in Vancouver at that time???? Zep had some great shows there -- I know that dynamite '70 show is floating around, also a fantastic one from '75. I believe the '72 and '73 gigs are also around.

Well the 73 show is available and although it's not the worst recording It may be the worst show they did in Van. The 72 concert was cancelled due to trouble in 71 but mostly because of rioting at the Stones show about two weeks before Zeppelin were due to play here....As you are probably aware a second show in Seattle was the opportunity us kids got to see the band that year. Sadly not all of us could get over the borderWe all had tickets but the border boy's turned us back because we were too young ...I'm still pissed off about that. Anyway's a very good boot of that is show around. They were still very hot....... still not sure if they'd made it or not 73 was a bit of a disapointment in the sense that it was late in the tour and they sounded understandably lazy and Plant came across as a bit pompus. ie ..the no encore..... cause someone spiked my drink excuse. This is not a shot at the band rather just an honest opinion of that night. As far as the 71 gig I was just searching . What a great evening it was. Like most of lifes gems It's hard to describe unless you were there. The concert became an event. 10 day's before, Vancouver had The Gastown Riot The cops on horseback went on a rampage one evening trying to eliminate the Evil Pot Smoking Youth and the bar owners in the Gastown area that were willing to turn a blind eye to such things. This was a huge turning point for the city. A lot of people got scared and others got radical. The music scene had alway's been healthy and continued so but the money men had got their hooks in and up until the Punk thing happened things got kind of stale Don't get me wrong I wouldn't live anywere else... change happens but the Vancouver I remember the best was the late 69's early 70's What a great time to be a Teenager

^^^

AWESOME STORY ALLY!!! Great to hear about these shows in the Northwest US/Southwest Canada. It sounds like Robert has a very fond place for that region.

And for the record, I totally forgot about the '72 show being moved as I have part of the Seattle show from that year on the bootleg "Trouble In Vancouver"

^^^

AWESOME STORY ALLY!!! Great to hear about these shows in the Northwest US/Southwest Canada. It sounds like Robert has a very fond place for that region.

And for the record, I totally forgot about the '72 show being moved as I have part of the Seattle show from that year on the bootleg "Trouble In Vancouver"

That's a good one. Like someone said earlier, there aren't alot of good quality recordings of 71 or 72. You're right about the band liking the area. More laid back and it's not called God's Country for nothin'

That's a good one. Like someone said earlier, there aren't alot of good quality recordings of 71 or 72. You're right about the band liking the area. More laid back and it's not called God's Country for nothin'

By the way, did anyone make it to the Seattle show Aug 20/71 ? That's another with very little info

Archived