Do we really want this?

caroselambra~

If Jimmy and the boys anounce today that they have formed a new band called "POO ON MY SHOE" does it matter.......

When they tour the HYPE will be about LED ZEPPELIN playing. Every radio newspaper and magazine will call them LED ZEPPELIN. Whatever they do will be compared to LED ZEPPELIN.

unfortunately, you are quite correct... you can see it already: "JP, JPJ, and JB practicing together?? Led Zeppelin must be going on tour!!!!!!!!!" and you'll notice every rumor about a singer has to do with them being a replacement for Plant, not as a collaborator...

unfortunately, you are quite correct... you can see it already: "JP, JPJ, and JB practicing together?? Led Zeppelin must be going on tour!!!!!!!!!" and you'll notice every rumor about a singer has to do with them being a replacement for Plant, not as a collaborator...

Well to be fair even Jonesy talked about it in those terms.

As for RP being an ego maniac, I think that you have to have an overzelous ego in order to be the frontman that he is known for being. I don't think that we would have had the same band if RP didn't have a healthy dose of ego. (I don't think he's an egomaniac, if he were he would have signed up with the others already just to say "look at me, I've still got it")

Well said. Whenever someone criticizes Robert for his "ego," I always think, geez, you'd have to have a robust ego to get up onstage and sing and bare your soul before tens of thousands of people. And there's a big difference between having a healthy ego and being an egomaniac.

To add my vote to this thread's question, Yes, I really want this. I want to see the three Js, even without Robert, but with a name other than Led Zeppelin.

As great as it would be to see this happen – I am really against this tour.

I'm not against the tour, if my opinion interests anyone.

YES we do need this for a number of reasons that were already mentioned here for around million times.

Let's poll on the issue.

Well to be fair even Jonesy talked about it in those terms.

Hi Knebby. Hope you are doing well today. :)

As Jonesy did say it in those terms, are you saying that it might be called Led Zeppelin

(for the '09 tour) or are we misunderstanding him when he said "replacement"???

R B)

Its their call if they go out as Led Zeppelin or Theodopilis Onion Bags, whatever it is I will be there and really happy to see them live again in whatever form....If it is under Zeppelin then so be it, I don't have any right to tell them otherwise..roll on the album and tour :)

You have to ask yourself why the guys are doing this.

I am sure they all love playing live and enjoy touring which is fine - but why do it under the guise of Zeppelin?

Couldn’t they just go on the road anonymously were the thrill of live playing would still fulfil their needs?

Or , is it because they know there would only be half the public interest if they called themsleves something else.

Was there this much interest during the Page & Plant era?

It is the hallowed name of Led Zeppelin the draws people and even if they decide against using it, the seed has already been sown.

I sympathize with Robert who may now find himself in the unenviable position of being compared to another lead vocalist in a band that was his flesh and blood.

We have seen the reformation of all but a few successful bands throughout the ages.

I admire the ones who seemingly turn down vast sums of money to cash in on a once great name.

Although they seem to be in the minority.

I don’t care for Queen with Paul Rodgers, The Who without Entwistle and Moon, whoever is in the Rolling Stones lineup thesedays, Pink Floyd without Roger Waters etc and I’m sure there’s lots more to add to the list.

I am of the opinion that past glories can never be equalled as they are a condition of time & place as well as the coming together of people.

I have been alifelong admirer (hate the word fan) of Led Zeppelin and they have played an extremely important part in my life.

I want to remember them the way there were and see no reason why they should try to re-live the past.

Btw this is not pro Robert - in fact Jimmy and John Paul Jones (and John Bonham for that matter) feature more in my mental appreciation of what Zeppelin were more than Mr Plant ever did.

Caroselambra~

Your Fired!

Atlantic's 40th. Worse than Live Aid, IMO. Thank God we now have the 02 show, which in my rationale, erases the bad one offs. :D

I was at both. I think performance wise, Live Aid was worse but I have to say at the time, it didn't matter. It was an incredible day in general and seeing them on stage for the first time together was beyond words, especially for someone who never saw them live.

Some really funny stuff from the Chicago Sun:

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/blog...a0az3tnIdOjJ0dD

According to Billboard, once again Alter Bridge vocalist Miles Kennedy is being touted as the front runner for the much rumored, Plant-less Led Zeppelin tour. Now, if that wasn't scary enough, in a double whammy, the article goes on to say that if Kennedy leaves Alter Bridge, it would clear the way for a Creed reunion with Scott Stapp, which would be an unintended consequence the music world simply must not tolerate.

From the article : "There may be one unintended side effect should Kennedy bolt Alter Bridge, which has released an album each for Wind-Up and Universal. That band features the non-singing members of Creed, who split with frontman Scott Stapp in 2004. But sources indicate there would be big bucks in a Creed reunion tour and that the band may indeed rise again".

So for the love of God, Buddha or whomever, someone PLEASE convince Plant to come on board, as this is something which simply cannot happen, in the interests of musical taste.

Now we have upset CREED fans. Will this drama never end?

:guitar_mood::standup_bass:

I was at both. I think performance wise, Live Aid was worse but I have to say at the time, it didn't matter. It was an incredible day in general and seeing them on stage for the first time together was beyond words, especially for someone who never saw them live.

I agree completely. I attended both of them too, and I think Live-Aid was worse than the Atlantic 40th but both were exciting after wandering in a barren Zep-less desert for several years.

Anyway, I doubt they'll call themselves Led Zeppelin, especially since Page & Plant didn't in '95 and '98.

I had no hesitation flying to Philadelphia, New York, and London for those respective LZ reunion gigs. I plan on seeing this new group of Page, Jones, Bonham, and singer-TBA if they tour the U.S. but I don't think I'll fly around the world for it.

Yes, I really, REALLY want to see Jimmy, Jonesy, and Jason back out on the stage - together, apart, upside-down, on a bus, playing Coverdale/Page (cringe!) songs if they have to - just get out there! Yes!

YES!!!! :)

There has been no confirmation - ANYWHERE - that they will call themselves Led Zeppelin.

yes, but whatever name they'll chose, I'm afraid journalists will continue to use "led zeppelin" forever. :mellow:

They need a very impressive new name..

So for the love of God, Buddha or whomever, someone PLEASE convince Plant to come on board, as this is something which simply cannot happen, in the interests of musical taste.

Thanks, Kentuckygirl, that was fun. I had a hearty histerical laughter, like in "here we go again".... when will people understand... "All The King's Horses, All The King's Men".. will not get Plant back on this old trail again.... :slapface: As any human being in the world Plant is entitled to do whatever his heart and head desires.... He owes nothing to us, and even less to Creed fans... :fan:

Ofcourse they should play together again, in any form. Its been a long time. Actually, i think we've been quite lucky as fans of this band, alot of interesting music post led zep. In regards to the hype/media...the whole thing of leaving jpj out of the page/plant 90s collaboration, plant not wanting to participate in this thing now...whatever.

The show in 07 was the best. It would be great to keep hearing some new music from these musicians any time.

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/blog...a0az3tnIdOjJ0dD

According to Billboard, once again Alter Bridge vocalist Miles Kennedy is being touted as the front runner for the much rumored, Plant-less Led Zeppelin tour. Now, if that wasn't scary enough, in a double whammy, the article goes on to say that if Kennedy leaves Alter Bridge, it would clear the way for a Creed reunion with Scott Stapp, which would be an unintended consequence the music world simply must not tolerate.

From the article : "There may be one unintended side effect should Kennedy bolt Alter Bridge, which has released an album each for Wind-Up and Universal. That band features the non-singing members of Creed, who split with frontman Scott Stapp in 2004. But sources indicate there would be big bucks in a Creed reunion tour and that the band may indeed rise again".

:guitar_mood::standup_bass:

And once again, it's Robert's fault B):blink:

I understand where you're coming from, but in the end...these are musicians, this is their music, they came together after years apart and rekindled a flame and love for their own music. Whatever shape or form they want to express themselves in is alright with me. I would love for Plant to be a part of it(actually, it would be my preference), but if not, so be it. There are countless musicians and singers that would be honored to sing for them.

Archived