Do we really want this?

caroselambra~

Wake up people. One of the main reasons Plant hasn't signed on is because he knows his voice isn't what it used to be and the reunion confirmed that for him. Don't get me wrong. His voice is still smooth as silk BUT his range is much lower than it was. I don't think he wants to risk the embarrassment.

Maybe I'm still bitter about the $200 I wasted on Plant's Mighty Rearranger tour tickets

Wake up people. One of the main reasons Plant hasn't signed on is because he knows his voice isn't what it used to be and the reunion confirmed that for him. Don't get me wrong. His voice is still smooth as silk BUT his range is much lower than it was. I don't think he wants to risk the embarrassment.

Maybe I'm still bitter about the $200 I wasted on Plant's Mighty Rearranger tour tickets

I don't think that's the reason at all. Shame you feel you wasted money on the Mighty Rearranger tickets. I thought that was one of the best tours he's done.

I don't think that's the reason at all. Shame you feel you wasted money on the Mighty Rearranger tickets. I thought that was one of the best tours he's done.

You're entitled to your opinion. I just think $100 plus per ticket ( I had to buy two)for a show that was just over an hour long and every Zep song they did was unrecognizable and the sound guy was asleep at the board(feed back and poor sound quality and I was sitting right near him so the sound should have been the best in the house) is unacceptable. He also didn't play any of his older solo hits that I'm sure many people were hoping to hear. I stopped going to concerts wasted out of my mind so I take notice when things aren't going well. I'm not saying that you or anyone else here does. But now I'm getting off topic.

Maybe I should change my name to Plant-a-Buster :lol:

Maybe I should change my name to Plant-a-Buster :lol:

There are enough of them on this board, we don't need another. I enjoyed his show on the Mighty Rearranger tour. He sang well and the band was tight. The show I say in NYC at the Beacon was about two hours.

I think Jimmy messed something up during Dazed And Confused at the O2, he's probably not as good as he used to be, so we better just dump him and add a new guitarist. I recall Jason messed up at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame show, so we know he's starting to suck too, time for a new drummer. and I'm sure Jones wasn't quite up to snuff on something as of late, so we better toss him as well. we'll just start a whole new band, as long as it's called Led Zeppelin, what does it matter? ah hell, let's just make it easier and all go see Lez Zeppelin, because after all, if musicians don't sound exactly as we want them to, what's the point in seeing them??

We'll just start a whole new band, as long as it's called Led Zeppelin, what does it matter?

Kiss has been considering a similar business plan for some time now:

PAUL STANLEY Is 'Not Opposed' To Idea Of KISS Carrying On With All-New Members - June 1, 2008 Roy Hilmar Svendsen of Norway's NRK reports that KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons has confirmed what has been some fans' biggest fear for some years now — that KISS are indeed planning to keep KISS running and touring after founders Paul Stanley and Simmons decide to take off the make-up for good.

During a familiar rant by Simmons about how KISS could go on forever, Svendsen asked jokingly if the band would consider looking for replacements for Simmons and Stanley in a TV show, similar to programs like "Rock Star" and "American Idol".

"We have already signed the contract, and it is going to go through in a couple of months," Simmons reportedly replied.

Really?

"Yes, of course!" he confirmed.

In a separate interview, KISS co-founder Paul Stanley was reportedly not very happy to hear about his bandmate's statement regarding KISS' future.

"These things are typical," Stanley said. "Gene says something as if it was a fact, but there is no signed deal. The future has many possibilities. Will it happen next week? No! Am I opposed to the idea? Of course not."

According to NRK, Stanley said that the members of VELVET REVOLVER were planning a similar stunt to find the replacement for lead singer Scott Weiland, who was fired at the end of the band's European tour earlier this year. However, in the end the band decided not to do it, according to Stanley, because of VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash's wish to remain "cool" and credible to his fans.

"I don't have to be that cool," Stanley told NRK with a smile.

-------------------------------

KISS MANAGER CONFIRMS NEW MEMBERS RUMORS:

June 6, 2008

The manager of rock band KISS has confirmed the group are in talks to launch a TV talent show to find replacements for frontman Paul Stanley and guitarist Gene Simmons - when the duo eventually retire.

It has long been rumored that founding members Stanley and Simmons hope to keep the band running when they decide to quit - but both men have been evasive when asked about whether any new members have been signed up and if the takeover will happen after their current world tour.

The rock veterans are the only original members left in the band, which was marred by the departure of Ace Frehely and Peter Criss and the death of Eric Carr in 1991 - the group now includes replacements Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer.

But their longtime manager Doc McGhee insists that there are indeed plans to replace all four band members and keep Kiss alive for a new generation - they are close to signing a deal to find their replacements through an American Idol-style TV show.

McGhee says in a new TV documentary about the band, "I believe that KISS can go on forever. I believe that there is a way - and we are talking to people and we're pretty close to getting it done - about finding the four new members of KISS."

PAUL STANLEY Is 'Not Opposed' To Idea Of KISS Carrying On With All-New Members - June 1, 2008 Roy Hilmar Svendsen of Norway's NRK reports that KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons has confirmed what has been some fans' biggest fear for some years now — that KISS are indeed planning to keep KISS running and touring after founders Paul Stanley and Simmons decide to take off the make-up for good.

During a familiar rant by Simmons about how KISS could go on forever, Svendsen asked jokingly if the band would consider looking for replacements for Simmons and Stanley in a TV show, similar to programs like "Rock Star" and "American Idol".

"We have already signed the contract, and it is going to go through in a couple of months," Simmons reportedly replied.

Really?

In a separate interview, KISS co-founder Paul Stanley was reportedly not very happy to hear about his bandmate's statement regarding KISS' future.

"These things are typical," Stanley said. "Gene says something as if it was a fact, but there is no signed deal. The future has many possibilities. Will it happen next week? No! Am I opposed to the idea? Of course not."

According to NRK, Stanley said that the members of VELVET REVOLVER were planning a similar stunt to find the replacement for lead singer Scott Weiland, who was fired at the end of the band's European tour earlier this year. However, in the end the band decided not to do it, according to Stanley, because of VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash's wish to remain "cool" and credible to his fans.

June 6, 2008

The manager of rock band KISS has confirmed the group are in talks to launch a TV talent show to find replacements for frontman Paul Stanley and guitarist Gene Simmons - when the duo eventually retire.

It has long been rumored that founding members Stanley and Simmons hope to keep the band running when they decide to quit - but both men have been evasive when asked about whether any new members have been signed up and if the takeover will happen after their current world tour.

The rock veterans are the only original members left in the band, which was marred by the departure of Ace Frehely and Peter Criss and the death of Eric Carr in 1991 - the group now includes replacements Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer.

But their longtime manager Doc McGhee insists that there are indeed plans to replace all four band members and keep Kiss alive for a new generation - they are close to signing a deal to find their replacements through an American Idol-style TV show.

McGhee says in a new TV documentary about the band, "I believe that KISS can go on forever. I believe that there is a way - and we are talking to people and we're pretty close to getting it done - about finding the four new members of KISS."

LOL, I wish there was someone in Kiss with Robert's opinion on living on past glories

To answer the question "do we want this?"....(in case I haven't already;) HELL YES we want this.. Jimmy Page with JPJ and Jason! Are you kidding me, of course! I would love nothing more than Robert Plant with them, but I'll take what I can get. And if that means Robert with his solo stuff and Jimmy with the boys then so be it. Of course we want this!

I agree- and The Who are still called The Who after 40+ years with two remaining original members. The Rolling Stones are still The Rolling Stones, 40+ years on, and they didn't crawl up and die after Bill Wyman left for good. Led Zeppelin shouldn't bow to the likes of non-believers, either.

Jimmy Page is my favourite all time musician. Great technical ability and feel, incredible songwriting and possibly above all else an understanding of how a band should sound reflected in the amazing arrangement and production you can hear on every album (except ITTOD unfortunately)

I was unfortunately too young to ever see Led Zeppelin play live and so had to contend with just the albums and bootlegs.

Everyone has differing opinions about who their favourite band is and why. To be honest I don't even tend to listen to Zep that much at the mo but I always appreciate good music and when I do listen to Zeppelin then one thing always hits me on and do you know what that is?

When you listen to Zeppelin it sounds like perfection.

Now I know what you are thinking, thats a bit corny isnt it herco.....your nice sombre text so far sugggested something interesting and you then go and ruin it by saying they sound like perfection?

So I will elaborate, I have never heard another band where everything gels so damn well. Where it just fits so perfectly.

9 times out of ten when there is a poll of best ever Drummer / Bassist / Singer / Guitarist then you know who always comes top and this is not just blind devotion to a hugely popular band.

In fact ironically Page is prob the one most at risk of NOT being top in his category because there been several other one off guitarist who were frankly equally blessed ability wise (Hendrix, SRV even EVH)

However the great thing about Page he is so multi dimensional and yes whilst he was one of the greatest ever GUITARISTS he is also unquestionably one of the greatest ever SONGWRITERS and also unquestionably one of the greatest ever PRODUCERS too which is as far as I am aware a pretty unique combination.

All of Led Zeppelin work is a testement to the extraordinary talent of Jimmy Page and so for these reasons .....and this quote has been used by Robert himself Led Zeppelin was indeed Jimmy Page's baby in may ways.

For me they were the greatest ever band due to their amazing collective songwriting and also for the unique chemistry that their records demonstrated.

They were the greatest ever live band for the incredible way they used their individual ability and also telepathic way in which they could improvise and still stay tight.

They were the coolest band ever for their vibe and also the unique way in which they did things their own way, no singles, no press, they just wrote and performed better and harder than everyone else and smashed the hell out of every city they happened to be in...............quality.

I love Led Zeppelin for all of these reasons and it is precisely because I appreciate how they were a complete ONE OFF fluke in the sense that those four people were perfect for each other that I would rather drink my own piss than sanction the name Led Zeppelin with a singer other than Robert Plant.

Unledded I loved because they completed re-invented the songs and it was totally in keeping with their legacy.....genius

The O2 was fantastic and worthwhile because Ahmed was totally the man and allowed them to be who they were and recognition was in order.

Led zeppelin truly ended with John Bonham but if that name is used with a different singer then I will be so disappointed with Jimmy coz he is the true keeper of the flame with all things Zeppelin and that WOULD tarnish the legacy.

Maybe legacy's don't really mean add up to much but I think this band were so special that it actually does. And it is my right as a believer to feel this!

If JP and Jones want to work together then that's cool but to me for people to ever consider Led Zeppelin with a different singer says that you aren't really fans of this unbelievable band coz frankly I think you don't really get it.

Going to see a band called Led Zeppelin with a singer other than Robert Plant would be like someone saying to me that they love eating in great restaurants and then taking me to a Mcdonalds.

Also and obviously there is no way of knowing this but to all you badgeholders out there what do you think Peter Grant would have made of this?

Anyway I shall stop yacking now but for fuck sake Jimmy we all want to see you play but get your head out of the sand and for the love of the Filmore in 69, the Ravine where That's the way was written, Vienna in 73, In the Light, the whole of Presence, every night at the Forum in 77 and basically the history of the greatest band this planet has ever seen don't balls it up now son.........PLEASE!!!!!!!

And remember Ever on-wards? One thing this aint is On-wards.

Anyway I'm gonna toddle off now and listen to Dylan so ta ta to everyone

PS - Howards Mylett your open letter was both ridiculous and in exceptionally poor taste

PPS - ZEPPELIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So why don't you listen to them much, then? :huh:

Coz at the moment I just happen to be listening to alot of other stuff mainly folk based

I have listened to them ALOT in the past and for what its worth can probably reel of every lyric to every song (including Darlene, Carouselambra etc etc) and so I would say I have a fair idea of what I am talking about

The whole point of me mentioning that was just because I was trying to stress that I am not just being bias or overly sentimental as a mad zep fan thats all. I truly believe this band were a cut above ALL of the rest and thats a large part of why I wrote what I did

However the great thing about Page he is so multi dimensional and yes whilst he was one of the greatest ever GUITARISTS he is also unquestionably one of the greatest ever SONGWRITERS and also unquestionably one of the greatest ever PRODUCERS too which is as far as I am aware a pretty unique combination.

All of Led Zeppelin work is a testement to the extraordinary talent of Jimmy Page and so for these reasons .....and this quote has been used by Robert himself Led Zeppelin was indeed Jimmy Page's baby in may ways.

For me they were the greatest ever band due to their amazing collective songwriting and also for the unique chemistry that their records demonstrated.

They were the greatest ever live band for the incredible way they used their individual ability and also telepathic way in which they could improvise and still stay tight.

They were the coolest band ever for their vibe and also the unique way in which they did things their own way, no singles, no press, they just wrote and performed better and harder than everyone else and smashed the hell out of every city they happened to be in...............quality.

I love Led Zeppelin for all of these reasons and it is precisely because I appreciate how they were a complete ONE OFF fluke in the sense that those four people were perfect for each other that I would rather drink my own piss than sanction the name Led Zeppelin with a singer other than Robert Plant.

Unledded I loved because they completed re-invented the songs and it was totally in keeping with their legacy.....genius

The O2 was fantastic and worthwhile because Ahmed was totally the man and allowed them to be who they were and recognition was in order.

Led zeppelin truly ended with John Bonham but if that name is used with a different singer then I will be so disappointed with Jimmy coz he is the true keeper of the flame with all things Zeppelin and that WOULD tarnish the legacy.

Maybe legacy's don't really mean add up to much but I think this band were so special that it actually does. And it is my right as a believer to feel this!

If JP and Jones want to work together then that's cool but to me for people to ever consider Led Zeppelin with a different singer says that you aren't really fans of this unbelievable band coz frankly I think you don't really get it.

Going to see a band called Led Zeppelin with a singer other than Robert Plant would be like someone saying to me that they love eating in great restaurants and then taking me to a Mcdonalds.

Also and obviously there is no way of knowing this but to all you badgeholders out there what do you think Peter Grant would have made of this?

Anyway I shall stop yacking now but for fuck sake Jimmy we all want to see you play but get your head out of the sand and for the love of the Filmore in 69, the Ravine where That's the way was written, Vienna in 73, In the Light, the whole of Presence, every night at the Forum in 77 and basically the history of the greatest band this planet has ever seen don't balls it up now son.........PLEASE!!!!!!!

Herco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've missed you! And I really agree with everything you say here, esp. the part about JP as a songwriter

thanks ladies

However I am afriad I'm off again now until they announce that they're touring with the ghost of Fats Waller on vocals

Regards to Black Beauty, Jag, Seamus, KFC and everyone else who remembers forests

Incidently I've finally worked out what ZoSo means. The answer can be found below

just-say-no.jpg

Jimmy Page is my favourite all time musician. Great technical ability and feel, incredible songwriting and possibly above all else an understanding of how a band should sound reflected in the amazing arrangement and production you can hear on every album (except ITTOD unfortunately)

I was unfortunately too young to ever see Led Zeppelin play live and so had to contend with just the albums and bootlegs.

Everyone has differing opinions about who their favourite band is and why. To be honest I don't even tend to listen to Zep that much at the mo but I always appreciate good music and when I do listen to Zeppelin then one thing always hits me on and do you know what that is?

When you listen to Zeppelin it sounds like perfection.

Now I know what you are thinking, thats a bit corny isnt it herco.....your nice sombre text so far sugggested something interesting and you then go and ruin it by saying they sound like perfection?

So I will elaborate, I have never heard another band where everything gels so damn well. Where it just fits so perfectly.

9 times out of ten when there is a poll of best ever Drummer / Bassist / Singer / Guitarist then you know who always comes top and this is not just blind devotion to a hugely popular band.

In fact ironically Page is prob the one most at risk of NOT being top in his category because there been several other one off guitarist who were frankly equally blessed ability wise (Hendrix, SRV even EVH)

Anyway I'm gonna toddle off now and listen to Dylan so ta ta to everyone

PS - Howards Mylett your open letter was both ridiculous and in exceptionally poor taste

PPS - ZEPPELIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phew!! your fingers must be tired. You and others talk as if their is a hellbound snowballs chance the corporate entity could exist without Plant. Page is on record saying you can't have "Led Zeppelin" without Plant. If you are both in agreement then..

Coz at the moment I just happen to be listening to alot of other stuff mainly folk based

I have listened to them ALOT in the past and for what its worth can probably reel of every lyric to every song (including Darlene, Carouselambra etc etc) and so I would say I have a fair idea of what I am talking about

The whole point of me mentioning that was just because I was trying to stress that I am not just being bias or overly sentimental as a mad zep fan thats all. I truly believe this band were a cut above ALL of the rest and thats a large part of why I wrote what I did

Fair enough--wasn't suggesting you didn't know what you were talking about (I know you do). Just seemed odd that you were saying how great the band were at the same time you said you didn't actually listen to them, so was asking for a clarification. :beer:

This is a great board,i am a drummer and have listened to zeppelin for years,and love them to death,im a fanatic.....

I completley agree with Robert Plants decision to not want to tour, I think he wants to have some rest,and he is content with the legacy he has created,I find it fascinating in studying how his career alone transformed fom the early years until now,and you can say what you want about him not vocally being the same,well after this many years and that much partying in the seventies,how could he. I think he deserves the respect of us and others that he has decided he has had enough. Even after all these years,im sure in his heart its not the same without his friend and longtime bndmate John,i commend him for this.

As to the band itself,great o2 show and they could go on an endless tour,and play sold out shows all the time,but of course,you create the whole this sint led zeppelin but we once were atmosphere,how do you live up to the legend the band has,the expectations will be feverishly high,and they should have good music to draw from,not just the past,Plant has reinvented himself time and again,and it seems Page hasnt presented himself with as much exposure or recordings,same with Jones,and now they want one last go,i only hope they can live up to the expectations,and feel like it was right to do.and not a last grab at the zep moniker.that would be dissapointing.

I applaud Jason for trying to fill in for his dad,hes a good drummer,no where near to the talent his dad had,that was a once in a lietime artist,like Buddy Rich,theres few musicians his calibre,and once they pass,that legend only grows,i wish him wll on all his future plans...

i would still go see it,like i have Plant on numerous occasions,as well as plant page twice,but ill hope for new material or a mix,would be great to hear some new collaborations,and think of how incredible the music could sound,given todays 1000 times better recording equipment

B)

anyways those are my thoughts :)

Really?

June 6, 2008

Good Lord!~

Not sure if i belong on this planet anymore...

well, there should be no doubts anymore as to whether KISS was in it for music or money...

They've never tried to convince anyone they were anything other than an entertainment 'product', unlike, let's say, Led Zeppelin who always had an uphill battle trying to convince the world they were about more than just Whole Lotta Love.

• 3 weeks later...
And me!

Although, I think they will use the name. But, why should it matter what they are called? What ever they played or record now doesn't affect the past. Treasured memories of past concerts won't alter (Bridge :unsure: ) and your collection of CDs will still sound the same.

I'll reserve judgement untill I've heard/seen them and I look forward to that with the anticipation of a kid on Christmas Morning.

A lot of people on this board have gone on (and on and on and on) about Plant's right to do whatever the hell he likes so surely that applies to JP, JPJ & JB Jr as well.

I couldn't agree more! I just want to see them tour, the sooner the better! I say let JP and JPJ decide on what name they want for the tour and get the show on the road. I'll go regardless...All this second guessing them is the reason why they turned their back on the press years ago....some things never change...

Archived