Do we really want this?

caroselambra~

Is Plant the greatest singer in history? YES

Should the others quit because he isn't on board? No, and I mean HELL NO

It is an honor to be able to see any of them live and let's face it...none of us is getting any younger and the proverbial clock is ticking....

Let's get the Led out NOW

Not sure if I've posted in this thread but honestly I don't want it. I wish all of the Zep guys the best but personally I don't need another thing from them, what they've done is more than enough for me. If they can get out there and satisify themselves great I'm all for it but I don't need it nor do I want it.

There couldn't be a worse decission in the history of rock n roll than for Jimmy to continue without Plant. i for one wouldn't pay a dime to see them without Plant. i'd rather just go see the Zeepelin tribute band play down at the local club. at least they're younger and full of energy. if Plant were to decide on rejoining the group for a reunion tour.......... keep this in mind............ it is still not the original Zeppelin without Bonham. and i mean Jasons father, John. anyways.............. do the math. without Plant it is just Jimmy & Paul, which i can't believe would even consider doing this. don't get me wrong, if Plant joined them on this tour, i for one would be so damn stoked to see them. and even pay up to $300. for a ticket. Jason has more than proved he can fill in for his late father on drums. the O2 Arena performance proved that. well.............. if Jimmy or Paul see this post, take note that i'm not alone in this feeling of disapointment with you two. i place some blame on Robert for not wanting to tour with you. but way more blame would be placed on you two if you go on without him.

There couldn't be a worse decission in the history of rock n roll than for Jimmy to continue without Plant. i for one wouldn't pay a dime to see them without Plant. i'd rather just go see the Zeepelin tribute band play down at the local club. at least they're younger and full of energy. if Plant were to decide on rejoining the group for a reunion tour.......... keep this in mind............ it is still not the original Zeppelin without Bonham. and i mean Jasons father, John. anyways.............. do the math. without Plant it is just Jimmy & Paul, which i can't believe would even consider doing this. don't get me wrong, if Plant joined them on this tour, i for one would be so damn stoked to see them. and even pay up to $300. for a ticket. Jason has more than proved he can fill in for his late father on drums. the O2 Arena performance proved that. well.............. if Jimmy or Paul see this post, take note that i'm not alone in this feeling of disapointment with you two. i place some blame on Robert for not wanting to tour with you. but way more blame would be placed on you two if you go on without him.

Jimmy and John Paul have not stated they're touring as Zeppelin - that's the media putting their spin on things to create a story. Jimmy has said it's not Zep without all of them on board.

There couldn't be a worse decission in the history of rock n roll than for Jimmy to continue without Plant. i for one wouldn't pay a dime to see them without Plant.

Well, there are thousands who would, myself included, so I doubt they'll lose a lot of sleep over it.

They are NOT touring as Zeppelin, but JP and JPJ have every right to play Zeppelin songs in any form they choose....they created that music. Those songs are theirs to do with as they wish.

• 2 weeks later...

Led Zeppelin ceased to exist when Bonham died, so I don't think a Zep reunion is possible (with or without Robert... who I personally don't feel was as important to the band's energy as John Bonham was... just my opinion, so don't kill me for saying it). Thankfully, it doesn't look like they will be calling it Led Zeppelin. That being said, I would love to see a new project from Page, Jones, and Jason. Especially would like to hear some new material from them. Hopefully, they don't pick a singer who is a Plant clone. Would love to hear them play Zep style music with a different style singer. Will they be successful? Who knows? But, I'm looking forward to hearing it all the same.

As for Robert, I think he is making a wise choice. He is still a VERY talented singer, and I feel that what he is doing now suits his current voice best.

well, there should be no doubts anymore as to whether KISS was in it for music or money...

KISS has been selling-out since they existed :angry:

Do I want this? Im not so sure - I'd kinda rather remember them with open blouses& dragon pants& Keyboards from hell& half-hour solos :)

• 3 weeks later...

They should just call themselves the virtuosos and be done with it! LOL

Who cares??? Yes, I REALLY want this. I don't get the it's not LZ w/o Bonham thing as his son is a testament to his legacy; but, without Plant it shouldn't be called that. However, I say forge ahead if they can find a replacement singer who can actually sing and learn all the lyrics properly as on the albums/recordings. The singer just needs to be good (that leaves out Grohl for sure) and gel with the other guys. That's it. He doesn't have to sound like RP.

I wish Plant would come around (Krause over LZ? Really? :slapface: ) but if not I don't care. I still want it to go ahead and happen. Hey, they are launching a Sirius channel like AC/DC (who are on a great tour at present btw) so maybe that will bring good luck from the music gods!

They should just call themselves the virtuosos and be done with it! LOL

Who cares??? Yes, I REALLY want this. I don't get the it's not LZ w/o Bonham thing as his son is a testament to his legacy; but, without Plant it shouldn't be called that. However, I say forge ahead if they can find a replacement singer who can actually sing and learn all the lyrics properly as on the albums/recordings. The singer just needs to be good (that leaves out Grohl for sure) and gel with the other guys. That's it. He doesn't have to sound like RP.

I wish Plant would come around (Krause over LZ? Really? :slapface: ) but if not I don't care. I still want it to go ahead and happen. Hey, they are launching a Sirius channel like AC/DC (who are on a great tour at present btw) so maybe that will bring good luck from the music gods!

But if you take a look at the other threads in this section, it's already all over, I'm afraid.

(The Sirius channel is already launched, I believe.)

Archived