Do we really want this?

caroselambra~

I really want jp, jpj and jb to tour. Since I'm only 12, I haven't had a chance to see led zep :angry: . Jimmy Page is (to me) god, so anything he will do in future that I can go to, I will try to go :) .

I agree with you, I have an 18 year old that would love to see some kind of THREE J`S tour!

I missed out on the 77 tour dates at MSG, damn I want this to happen also!

I agree with you, I have an 18 year old that would love to see some kind of THREE J`S tour!

I missed out on the 77 tour dates at MSG, damn I want this to happen also!

It should happen. No-one will regret it. Those sitting it out because Plant isn't there can go buy tickets to see Plant-Krauss...those who are saying that they shouldn't do it without Plant are living in la la land. Page doesn't have much time left. Neither does Jones. They got to do it while they can still rock.

The off-topic part--I was just looking at ledzep45's sig, the quote from That's the Way, and thinking "when all your ears have turned away"?? :huh: If that's really what he's singing, that's not one of Robert's better lyrics, is it?

The on-topic part--yes. Of course, yes!

Whatever Page, Jones and Bonham decide to do is fine with me. I'm sure they will chose a capable singer and we will all be more than satisfied with the outcome, especially when we start to hear the first cuts from the album, it's release, tour is announced, tickets go on sale and experience the band in concert. Just a matter of time now. Bring it on!!!

:yesnod::toast:

As great as it would be to see this happen – I am really against this tour.

You have to ask yourself why the guys are doing this.

I am sure they all love playing live and enjoy touring which is fine - but why do it under the guise of Zeppelin?

Couldn’t they just go on the road anonymously were the thrill of live playing would still fulfil their needs?

Or , is it because they know there would only be half the public interest if they called themsleves something else.

Was there this much interest during the Page & Plant era?

It is the hallowed name of Led Zeppelin the draws people and even if they decide against using it, the seed has already been sown.

I sympathize with Robert who may now find himself in the unenviable position of being compared to another lead vocalist in a band that was his flesh and blood.

We have seen the reformation of all but a few successful bands throughout the ages.

I admire the ones who seemingly turn down vast sums of money to cash in on a once great name.

Although they seem to be in the minority.

I don’t care for Queen with Paul Rodgers, The Who without Entwistle and Moon, whoever is in the Rolling Stones lineup thesedays, Pink Floyd without Roger Waters etc and I’m sure there’s lots more to add to the list.

I am of the opinion that past glories can never be equalled as they are a condition of time & place as well as the coming together of people.

I have been alifelong admirer (hate the word fan) of Led Zeppelin and they have played an extremely important part in my life.

I want to remember them the way there were and see no reason why they should try to re-live the past.

Btw this is not pro Robert - in fact Jimmy and John Paul Jones (and John Bonham for that matter) feature more in my mental appreciation of what Zeppelin were more than Mr Plant ever did.

Caroselambra~

Well put.

I can guess you're not a Stones admirer from your post, but to equate the reasoning in your argument, it really would be like them going on tour without Jagger and still calling themselves the Rolling Stones.

For me Led zep without Plant doesn't exist.

Seems to me that ego and cash are the motivating factors behind this 'tour'.

Thank God for Robert Plant - a man with integrity in the music business!

Marcus

Well put.

I can guess you're not a Stones admirer from your post, but to equate the reasoning in your argument, it really would be like them going on tour without Jagger and still calling themselves the Rolling Stones.

Marcus

What your saying is that a band cannot go out without their original singer and that Jagger and Plant are more important than the other members of the band..I have to dissagree, in an ideal world they would never have got Jason on drums as he isn't an original, but they did and it worked well last year, if Jim and John think they can do it without Rob then cool !! I respect that plant doesn't want to do it, but lets move on, Robert has his own bag now !! :)

I don't understand why people defend Robert doing whatever he wants because it "makes him happy," and then bash Jones and Page for doing the same thing. If it's not about the fans, it's not about the fans. They have every right to do whatever they want, without people judging what they're doing. They created the band; it's not like they're ruining someone else's legacy.

I don't understand why people defend Robert doing whatever he wants because it "makes him happy," and then bash Jones and Page for doing the same thing. If it's not about the fans, it's not about the fans. They have every right to do whatever they want, without people judging what they're doing. They created the band; it's not like they're ruining someone else's legacy.

that's so true i agree with you... and i'm 100% with the idea of them touring and i can not wait.and i appreciate that jp and jpj are willing to tour and still have the passion to do such a great thing

Where is anybody doing that? :huh: Except those saying they're just in it for the money, of course. :rolleyes: Everybody else wants to hear them--the only debates seem to be about whether they should use the Zeppelin name, and who the singer will be. I haven't seen anybody say they shouldn't use whatever singer they want, though everybody has an opinion on who it should/shouldn't be. (Oh, and minor point, but if you're defining Jones as a creator of the band, then so was Plant.)

I watched Page and Plant in the mid 90's and I was content in the knowledge that this was as close as it will ever get. I looked back as I walked away from my seat and I had a huge smile on my face. Over the next decade Plus I still played their music and enjoyed it but I never spent any time worrying about rumors and possibilities. Even as O2 seemed to be more and more real I did not believe it. Now here we are, all these years later and I am hooked on this site and any news that I can find.

I say, Hell yes! Bring it on. Here are my reasons:

1) I think Robert has used his legacy to his advantage for long enough. I went to solo concert after solo concert and I enjoyed them for the most part. But let's face it. I don't think more than 1-5% of the fans at all those concerts would have had interest in these events had it not been for HIS Zeppelin past. I love some of his early solo stuff like Big Log and Moonlight in Samosa. But, TAll Cool One, Come On.... Would any of you, who faithfully attended one of his concerts, have bought an Album from Myles Kennedy or anyone else if they released Tall Cool One? The answer is clearly NO. "It's not about the fans?" Really Robert? After all the unconditional support spanning 28 post Zep years."

2) The rest of the crew has been waiting for Robert for the past year. These guys clearly want this badly and they wanted Robert to come on board. JP and JPJ are in their 60's and Time is no longer on their side. How many of their contemporary musicians are now dead? Black Dog at 70 or 80 is not going to happen.

3) I just want to see Jones live, one time, enjoying his legacy on a grand scale. He's shown nothing but class. . Both Page and Plant denied him that opportunity in the 90's and I agree with some of the commentaries that I've read. No Quarter. That was a real slap in the face. Plant had called Jones a "Bread Head". There was a clear play on words in that Album title. You can believe that.

4) The O2 reunion was from all accounts (Rolling Stone Interview), pushed by Robert. He and Jimmy had to convince JPJ to get on board. JPJ was content in his projects. (O2 was Right before Robert's "Raising Sands Tour". The man is a great marketer.) Well as Robert said in TSRTS.. "It's Like Cosmic Energy." He unleashed the beast and now it can't be stopped... At least he was courteous to the others in his official statement.

They should tour now. No regrets. I'll be there and so will the rest of you.

Should they use the name? Yes.

Hopefully, all four members are there.

30 dates spread out across a 6 month period. These guys are old, no need to overdo it.

Just give us die hard fans a real chance to attend a show.

If not, a Zep and friends approach will still be great.

Remember: As the last encore is finishing.. Smile, enjoy the moment and walk away with one last great memory. I for one will not be on these message boards in another 15 years when Robert launches his Honeydrippers II album Tour and hints at a reunion to generate interest. (Who am I kidding, at a minimum I'll go out and buy the CD.)

ZEP FAN AWAKENING... AGAIN

Well put.

Marcus

Moronic.

I watched Page and Plant in the mid 90's and I was content in the knowledge that this was as close as it will ever get. I looked back as I walked away from my seat and I had a huge smile on my face. Over the next decade Plus I still played their music and enjoyed it but I never spent any time worrying about rumors and possibilities. Even as O2 seemed to be more and more real I did not believe it. Now here we are, all these years later and I am hooked on this site and any news that I can find.

I say, Hell yes! Bring it on. Here are my reasons:

1) I think Robert has used his legacy to his advantage for long enough. I went to solo concert after solo concert and I enjoyed them for the most part. But let's face it. I don't think more than 1-5% of the fans at all those concerts would have had interest in these events had it not been for HIS Zeppelin past. I love some of his early solo stuff like Big Log and Moonlight in Samosa. But, TAll Cool One, Come On.... Would any of you, who faithfully attended one of his concerts, have bought an Album from Myles Kennedy or anyone else if they released Tall Cool One? The answer is clearly NO. "It's not about the fans?" Really Robert? After all the unconditional support spanning 28 post Zep years."

2) The rest of the crew has been waiting for Robert for the past year. These guys clearly want this badly and they wanted Robert to come on board. JP and JPJ are in their 60's and Time is no longer on their side. How many of their contemporary musicians are now dead? Black Dog at 70 or 80 is not going to happen.

3) I just want to see Jones live, one time, enjoying his legacy on a grand scale. He's shown nothing but class. . Both Page and Plant denied him that opportunity in the 90's and I agree with some of the commentaries that I've read. No Quarter. That was a real slap in the face. Plant had called Jones a "Bread Head". There was a clear play on words in that Album title. You can believe that.

4) The O2 reunion was from all accounts (Rolling Stone Interview), pushed by Robert. He and Jimmy had to convince JPJ to get on board. JPJ was content in his projects. (O2 was Right before Robert's "Raising Sands Tour". The man is a great marketer.) Well as Robert said in TSRTS.. "It's Like Cosmic Energy." He unleashed the beast and now it can't be stopped... At least he was courteous to the others in his official statement.

They should tour now. No regrets. I'll be there and so will the rest of you.

Should they use the name? Yes.

Hopefully, all four members are there.

30 dates spread out across a 6 month period. These guys are old, no need to overdo it.

Just give us die hard fans a real chance to attend a show.

If not, a Zep and friends approach will still be great.

Remember: As the last encore is finishing.. Smile, enjoy the moment and walk away with one last great memory. I for one will not be on these message boards in another 15 years when Robert launches his Honeydrippers II album Tour and hints at a reunion to generate interest. (Who am I kidding, at a minimum I'll go out and buy the CD.)

ZEP FAN AWAKENING... AGAIN

I don't think that's marketing at all. In fact it was a huge risk to do the 02 show on the heels of releasing a new project which could very well have been completely overshadowed by the excitement of the reunion concert.

As great as it would be to see this happen – I am really against this tour.

You have to ask yourself why the guys are doing this.

I am sure they all love playing live and enjoy touring which is fine - but why do it under the guise of Zeppelin?

Couldn’t they just go on the road anonymously were the thrill of live playing would still fulfil their needs?

Or , is it because they know there would only be half the public interest if they called themsleves something else.

Was there this much interest during the Page & Plant era?

It is the hallowed name of Led Zeppelin the draws people and even if they decide against using it, the seed has already been sown.

I sympathize with Robert who may now find himself in the unenviable position of being compared to another lead vocalist in a band that was his flesh and blood.

We have seen the reformation of all but a few successful bands throughout the ages.

I admire the ones who seemingly turn down vast sums of money to cash in on a once great name.

Although they seem to be in the minority.

I don’t care for Queen with Paul Rodgers, The Who without Entwistle and Moon, whoever is in the Rolling Stones lineup thesedays, Pink Floyd without Roger Waters etc and I’m sure there’s lots more to add to the list.

I am of the opinion that past glories can never be equalled as they are a condition of time & place as well as the coming together of people.

I have been alifelong admirer (hate the word fan) of Led Zeppelin and they have played an extremely important part in my life.

I want to remember them the way there were and see no reason why they should try to re-live the past.

Btw this is not pro Robert - in fact Jimmy and John Paul Jones (and John Bonham for that matter) feature more in my mental appreciation of what Zeppelin were more than Mr Plant ever did.

Caroselambra~

Please put a little bit of thought into this subject. Answer your own questions. Who the fuck said it was going to be called Led Zeppelin? Now I could understand someone who is NOT a Led Zeppelin fan trying to proclaim that is whats going on, but we Zeppelin fans know better. Don't we?

What shall the remaining members do? Live out there lives without wanting to play the music? I believe JPJ was quoted as saying there will be a new album. Is this living off of past glory?

Dun worry about Robert. He is very happy, and doing what he wants. End of that convo.

You have a right to want whatever you want, but should that stop anyone else for wanting something different? This post is quite possibly one of the worst examples of someone proclaiming themselves a Led Zeppelin fan.

Nice one Aqua.

And Zep-Awakening - how exactly do you feel that wishing his colleagues every success in their future projects is NOT being courteous to them?

I said he was courteous. There was no hidden meaning.

Fair enough. I guess the Ahmet comment is somewhat deserved but there there were quite a few launches surrounding this concert. Don't be naive. This site.. The new compilations...Potential O2 concert DVD's etc.. And It's not Just Robert, either!!

All I am simply saying is that Robert's post Zep career has been supported by the Fans of Zeppelin. We have always respected him for what he gave us and we supported him even when we were not thrilled with his new material. I am still grateful for what he gave us. If he's no longer interested that's his prerogative. But he has unleashed the beast.. and he knows it. I Think he expected it too. How could he have not expected it? Was there not a part of him that craved the attention even as he shuns it today and puts out statements about how absurd the rumors are? So to all the unconditional Plant fans, I apologize for upsetting you. Red the rest of my statements and I'm sure you will find something to agree with. In any case, the prospect of hearing and seeing JPJ and Jimmy is great.

I said he was courteous. There was no hidden meaning.

Fair enough. I guess the Ahmet comment is somewhat deserved but there there were quite a few launches surrounding this concert. Don't be naive. This site.. The new compilations...Potential O2 concert DVD's etc.. And It's not Just Robert, either!!

All I am simply saying is that Robert's post Zep career has been supported by the Fans of Zeppelin. We have always respected him for what he gave us and we supported him even when we were not thrilled with his new material. I am still grateful for what he gave us. If he's no longer interested that's his prerogative. But he has unleashed the beast.. and he knows it. I Think he expected it too. How could he have not expected it? Was there not a part of him that craved the attention even as he shuns it today and puts out statements about how absurd the rumors are? So to all the unconditional Plant fans, I apologize for upsetting you. Red the rest of my statements and I'm sure you will find something to agree with. In any case, the prospect of hearing and seeing JPJ and Jimmy is great.

They've been putting out compilations (Zep) on and off for the last several years - that's nothing new. There is no potential 02 concert dvd. From what has been said, the band decided against it.

I don't think you can make a blanket statement that all Robert's fans are only his fans because they love Zep. I think there are many that aren't but I remember particularly around 88 Now and Zen attracted a lot of new fans who weren't necessarily into Zep. Same with fast forwarding to Raising Sand. I talked to people at the shows who had no idea who he was but they loved his voice and the CD.

They've been putting out compilations (Zep) on and off for the last several years - that's nothing new. There is no potential 02 concert dvd. From what has been said, the band decided against it.

I don't think you can make a blanket statement that all Robert's fans are only his fans because they love Zep. I think there are many that aren't but I remember particularly around 88 Now and Zen attracted a lot of new fans who weren't necessarily into Zep. Same with fast forwarding to Raising Sand. I talked to people at the shows who had no idea who he was but they loved his voice and the CD.

I was attending Robert's concerts in the 80's and found myself furious at the people who only stood an cheered during his Led Zeppelin songs. It angered me to no end, but for different reasons. I think it's fair to say that when Robert started playing Zep material live again his attendance swelled.

I was attending Robert's concerts in the 80's and found myself furious at the people who only stood an cheered during his Led Zeppelin songs. It angered me to no end, but for different reasons. I think it's fair to say that when Robert started playing Zep material live again his attendance swelled.

I guess overall, attendance at his concerts did swell but I can honestly say that here in Vancouver he alway's did well. It was better IMHO that he did start playing them but here, he had already established a whole new fan base by that time.

Archived