Do we really want this?

caroselambra~

I'd like "this" with Steven Tyler, not with some '90s Seattle grunge-head singer I couldn't give a crap about. It's bad enough Jimmy got on top of a double decker and mimed to their #1 hit song at the Olympics, but don't insult me with this guy, too.

I was attending Robert's concerts in the 80's and found myself furious at the people who only stood an cheered during his Led Zeppelin songs. It angered me to no end, but for different reasons. I think it's fair to say that when Robert started playing Zep material live again his attendance swelled.

Robert was playing the same sized arenas in the states in 1983 and 1985 as he did in 1988, the first two years were sans any Zep tunes.

Robert was playing the same sized arenas in the states in 1983 and 1985 as he did in 1988, the first two years were sans any Zep tunes.

Which means what? And why are you pointing this out to me as if I don't know? What I said is true, his attendance numbers were stronger when he incorporated Zeppelin material.

Which means what? And why are you pointing this out to me as if I don't know? What I said is true, his attendance numbers were stronger when he incorporated Zeppelin material.

I'm not trying to argue with you - I was responding to what you said about his attendance numbers increasing and all I'm saying is he didn't play larger venues in 88 when he started adding Zep material than he did in 83 or 85. No need to get testy about it.

Yes, this true but most of us bought those albums unconditionally without necessarily hearing them (day 1 purchases) and we were their to support him no matter what. He rewarded us with "some" good music and his attendance was rightfully boosted by ZEP support. The "new fans' would have only filled a very small venue. He begrudgingly understood that. I was also annoyed at the constant requests for Zep tunes at the time but I am glad Robert eventually embraced his glorious past. It was his choice to make.

I laughed at the scalpers as they tried to sell "Zeppelin tickets" outside the Page/Plant events. They were simply two old friends playing music together. That's what they wanted at the time.

Maybe JP, JPJ and Junior want something else right now. What is wrong with that? Some of you were pissed off at my Marketing comment earlier but at the same time I keep reading about how important it is to preserve what amounts to the "Brand Equity" of the band. Forgive me but???? Since when does Rock and Roll have holy rules! I trust in Jimmy and the old boys. I will support them no matter what. Regardless of the events of the next 2 years the music that they made in the past will continue to stand the test of time. Don't worry.

Who knows, despite the alleged sacrilege, maybe some new music will even add a new distinct chapter to the legacy. It is possible that the music will be quite good (like an old Author that writes a mature novel in their later years which is different but good in a new way.). Imagine that.

I talked to people at the shows who had no idea who he was but they loved his voice and the CD.

Yeah, but let's not make it sound like they bought their tickets to see this guy they didn't know; they're called Allison Krauss fans. It seems like some people forget that Allison had just as much to do with the success of Raising Sand as Robert did.

And me!

Although, I think they will use the name. But, why should it matter what they are called? What ever they played or record now doesn't affect the past. Treasured memories of past concerts won't alter (Bridge :unsure: ) and your collection of CDs will still sound the same.

I'll reserve judgement untill I've heard/seen them and I look forward to that with the anticipation of a kid on Christmas Morning.

A lot of people on this board have gone on (and on and on and on) about Plant's right to do whatever the hell he likes so surely that applies to JP, JPJ & JB Jr as well.

Great post SIBLY!!!!!

Yeah, but let's not make it sound like they bought their tickets to see this guy they didn't know; they're called Allison Krauss fans. It seems like some people forget that Allison had just as much to do with the success of Raising Sand as Robert did.

Yes they were Alison Krauss fans. I never even implied Alison didn't have just as much to do with the success of Raising Sand as Robert did - of course she did! My point was just that there were people who didn't know of Robert before this project that were impressed by his talent.

I'm not trying to argue with you - I was responding to what you said about his attendance numbers increasing and all I'm saying is he didn't play larger venues in 88 when he started adding Zep material than he did in 83 or 85. No need to get testy about it.

Yeah, were good, no argument. As to the time period, and cost of tickets, I think it was harder in 88 to sell tickets at those same venues. I don't remember exactly but I think there is an interview done with Plant where he said it was not a tactical move to incorporate Zep tunes. This is questionable.

Yes they were Alison Krauss fans. I never even implied Alison didn't have just as much to do with the success of Raising Sand as Robert did - of course she did! My point was just that there were people who didn't know of Robert before this project that were impressed by his talent.

Of course but I thought we were discussing people buying tickets to see Robert Plant independent of any interest in Led Zeppelin. As I said, there was a very sizable Allison Krauss contingent at the Raising Sand shows, even up here in Yankeeland...

Yeah, were good, no argument. As to the time period, and cost of tickets, I think it was harder in 88 to sell tickets at those same venues. I don't remember exactly but I think there is an interview done with Plant where he said it was not a tactical move to incorporate Zep tunes. This is questionable.

You have a point . Again, I can only speak for Vancouver but his live audience although not necessarily larger, certainly became younger. Most of them were attracted by his inclusion of Zep material and the change in direction of Now And Zen.

You have a point . Again, I can only speak for Vancouver but his live audience although not necessarily larger, certainly became younger. Most of them were attracted by his inclusion of Zep material and the change in direction of Now And Zen.

Do you remember the Zep songs he incorporated in his live act?

Do you remember the Zep songs he incorporated in his live act?

I'll do my best to remember here but, Misty Mountain Hop, Trampled Underfoot , In The Evening , were definately played on that 88 tour. I'm probably forgetting something.

They also did two great encores of Roadhouse Blues and Back In The USSR. Great show :)

I'll do my best to remember here but, Misty Mountain Hop, Trampled Underfoot , In The Evening , were definately played on that 88 tour. I'm probably forgetting something.

They also did two great encores of Roadhouse Blues and Back In The USSR. Great show :)

Thank you. I saw him before he was playing Zep. "Slow Dancer" rocked.

Thank you. I saw him before he was playing Zep. "Slow Dancer" rocked.

Slow Dancer was a killer live track. Certainly conjured up many calls for more Zep material by the audience. I really enjoyed his solo tours and he worked with so many great musicians along the way. Seeing him in 93 in such a small venue as The Orpheum Theatre was amazing. Ton's of Zep material in the set list. Not sure how it went over in the larger venues but in that setting it was fabulous.

He also did Black Country Woman as well. Saw him at Meadowlands Arena in New Jersey. He played two sold out shows there in May 1988. That's about 36,000 in attendance.

I attended his shows in Jersey also. Not quite sold out but he did have a bigger crowd than Jimmy. Was known as the Brendan Byrne Arena at the time I believe.

I attended his shows in Jersey also. Not quite sold out but he did have a bigger crowd than Jimmy. Was known as the Brendan Byrne Arena at the time I believe.

It was . I didn't get to see any of Jimmy's Outrider Tour so I can't compare. There was alway's a hope that Jimmy would show up at one of Plant's gigs but it didn't happen in Vancouver sadly.

He added Going to California during the 2nd leg of the 1988 tour.

On the Spring '88 leg of the tour he sang Black Country Woman, In The Evening, Misty Mountain Hop, and Trampled Underfoot. For the Fall leg, he added Going To California, The Immigrant Song, and Communication Breakdown, if I recall correctly. In '83 and '85 he was playing at sports arenas, but in '88 when he actually sang Zep songs again, he was playing in amphitheatres, at least around the L.A. area.

On the Spring '88 leg of the tour he sang Black Country Woman, In The Evening, Misty Mountain Hop, and Trampled Underfoot. For the Fall leg, he added Going To California, The Immigrant Song, and Communication Breakdown, if I recall correctly. In '83 and '85 he was playing at sports arenas, but in '88 when he actually sang Zep songs again, he was playing in amphitheatres, at least around the L.A. area.

They did play Going To California here in 1990 along with Nobody's Fault and Immigrant Song sans the openning scream. The highlight of the night for me was Tye Dye On The Highway. Great lighting that set the mood for that song perfectly. Again, another sold out show at the Pacific Coliseum

There has been no confirmation - ANYWHERE - that they will call themselves Led Zeppelin.

Yes, I really, REALLY want to see Jimmy, Jonesy, and Jason back out on the stage - together, apart, upside-down, on a bus, playing Coverdale/Page (cringe!) songs if they have to - just get out there! Yes!

Once again, Knebby hits the nail on the head. Can't wait to see/hear what Jimmy, John Paul and Jason have been working on!!

:yes2:

Whatever JP, JPJ, Jason and a player to be named later do, is fine with me, too. :)

Also, whatever Robert wants to do is fine with me as well. :)

As stated many many many times before, it's their decision.

Let's move on to something else, alrighty then...

:beat:

R B)

Archived