SIRIUS Launching Led Zeppelin Station

kiss of fire

My guess is that those two performances are from Southampton, UK back on 1/22/73. They've played songs from this show before. I remember hearing Heartbreaker earlier this year on XM. So it's probably that and they did do HMMT during that show also.

Yeah these songs were played at different times so I just assumed they weren't played at the same show. But now I know!

I'll have to check out that show and let you know if you were right!

I find the female voice that introduces the inteviews to be very annoying......"PLANT"

Seems they lost everyone's solo collection except Plant's also. Soon I'll hear a deep booming voice say, "Robert Plant....A Man among Men" :blink:

Yeah that female announcer is rather annoying to say the least. Too predictable. :nuke:

Don't understand why they only play RP's solo material. I know he's had the most successful post-Zeppelin career of the three, but JP and JPJ have plenty of good material as well, so they could throw some of this into the mix. :wtf:

Edited by SuperDave

Finally in my area, there is Led Zeppelin 24/7. The station was switched from 12 to 33. And...the station is playing additional songs.

Nice! But also a shame becasue I like 33 (Disorder), it's pretty cool.

By the way, I did hear a live Train Kept a Rollin' last week, sounded like the 1980 tour of Europe...

Nice! But also a shame becasue I like 33 (Disorder), it's pretty cool.

By the way, I did hear a live Train Kept a Rollin' last week, sounded like the 1980 tour of Europe...

Do you have a link for the Train Kept a Rollin' - would like to hear it. Sirius changed the station to a 90's & Now in my area.

This is what it says on the Sirius web site.

Changes:

The Pulse 9 12

The Bridge 12 33 Returns 1/1/09; Currently Led Zeppelin Radio

I've been listening to them on 33 most of the day.

The format is back to repetitious, shame, Sunday was great!

Lots of Plant tracks , a few live Zep and most of Coda.

Is this done already? I put it on this morning (Sirius channel 12) and much to my horror they were playing Chris Daughtery!

:slapface:

I got an email from XM today announcing their new channel lineup, probably to get it in sync with the similar stations that are on Sirius. Some are new channels (all Springsteen, Elvis, Grateful Dead), and some are basically the same but with different names (Top Tracks is now Classic Vinyl).

I got an email from XM today announcing their new channel lineup, probably to get it in sync with the similar stations that are on Sirius. Some are new channels (all Springsteen, Elvis, Grateful Dead), and some are basically the same but with different names (Top Tracks is now Classic Vinyl).

Same thing happened to me, I went out for lunch and all the channel names were different on my XM. I did not read my email so I was completely stunned. I am thrilled to be getting Elvis and Springsteen in addition to Led Zeppelin. The Springsteen channel plays a lot of Bootleg stuff and concert music.....hint to whoever is programming the Zep channel.....

So, CH. 12 SIRIUS is NOT taking any Music Requests for the led Zeppelin Channel.....

But.... CH. 39 XMRADIO does offer the option to e-mail them . . .

Maybe requests and comments for improvements to the Led Zeppelin Channel can be made there...

"Contact Us : We'd love to hear what you think about our programming"

http://www.xmradio.com/help/emailus.xmc?ch=39

So, CH. 12 SIRIUS is NOT taking any Music Requests for the led Zeppelin Channel.....

But.... CH. 39 XMRADIO does offer the option to e-mail them . . .

Maybe requests and comments for improvements to the Led Zeppelin Channel can be made there...

"Contact Us : We'd love to hear what you think about our programming"

http://www.xmradio.com/help/emailus.xmc?ch=39

Well, I sent XM my comments about improving the Zeppelin Channel earlier this year when it was first on and I see it didn't do one bit of good at all.

But I shouldn't complain- at least I know that when I'm in my car, there will be at least ONE good song on the radio!

Well, I sent XM my comments about improving the Zeppelin Channel earlier this year when it was first on and I see it didn't do one bit of good at all.

But I shouldn't complain- at least I know that when I'm in my car, there will be at least ONE good song on the radio!

exactly.

I still find myself just listening to bootlegs on my iPod. I keep the Sirius station on though, and if I see (by looking at the player) something interesting, I'll switch back.

Also, I enjoy listening to this station when other people are in the car. I just like to share the good vibes!

exactly.

I still find myself just listening to bootlegs on my iPod. I keep the Sirius station on though, and if I see (by looking at the player) something interesting, I'll switch back.

Also, I enjoy listening to this station when other people are in the car. I just like to share the good vibes!

Nothing wrong with that. And the best vibes they are!