Where In The World Is Evester?

Bitchin Soul

Weird that this thread popped up.I was wondering about the Evster two or three days ago.I do miss his wit and logic.To me,one of the strongest cogs on this forum.

I do hope to see him resurface.

The land of cheese heads, brats and the Green Bay Packers!!!

Is that enough of a hint?? :rolleyes:

(My home state also ........I guess that makes me a ex-cheesehead).

I'm thinking the home of The Fonz, Blatz and Schlitz! B)

You guys love your zedz so it's no wonder you love the LedZ! :D

I know you're part joking there, but believe me no-one was defeatist in this - Ev stayed around here a lot longer than he thought he would.

It's a message board for cryn' out loud....the personal attacks must have reached unheard of levels. I don't know, it sucks. He should be here.

Time can heal many things and i guess that's all i can hope for in this case.

Ev, i'm sure that you will enjoy the transition from SoCal winter to Wi. winter..... :D:D

What's done is done. I can't believe he was here for as long as he was, as Knebby said earlier.

Time won't change what's happened by the looks of it.

What's done is done. I can't believe he was here for as long as he was, as Knebby said earlier.

Time won't change what's happened by the looks of it.

I don't know what happened and it's none of my business but if you have contact, please say "hi" for me.

Ev is one of the good guy's.

I think that, beyond his knowledge and understanding of Zep, Ev is a good, decent person (and I would say that about Angi too).

Ev is one of two people (the other being Otto) who first pushed me beyond my shallow, “school girl” knowledge of Zep by encouraging me to think about and understand the band in different, deeper, and more sophisticated ways. I realize that’s not for everyone but I welcomed it. Although the “shallow” discussions can be a lot of fun (last night, for example, a friend and I reverted to a giggle-inducing discussion about Jimmy’s ’73 hand injury), Ev's knowledgeable, intelligent discussions of Zep provided a welcome change from that sort of silliness.

As much as I miss Ev’s presence here on this board (because I loved talking about Zep with him), I understand and respect his decision not to return: life is too short and there is so much else to do; why spend time among people who make you feel uncomfortable?

I think we all miss his legs. :'( Well, leg.

But it says a lot about the quality of discussion on a forum when a member like Ev feels he'd be better off leaving.

Sadly it does.

I guess there were some things going on below the surface here again. Although I didn't always agree with Ev, he always seemed capable of defending himself and his point of view. After 6 years here, I've learned that ignorance is bliss....at least on a certain level.

I did learn a couple things from Evester....

- We all need to relax, because we're all going to die in 4 years anyway.

- Never, ever attempt to sell t-shirts on a band's official website.

Welcome to the Great Lakes area Big Guy. B)

I haven't spoken to him, or Angi in quite awhile. Come to think of it I haven't seen or spoken with a lot of the older members on here in awhile. This place has changed so much.

From what I can tell, Old-bies don't seem to be welcome on this board anymore....

Hi all,

From what I can tell, Old-bies don't seem to be welcome on this board anymore....

Seems to be,yet I like the old-fogies always have,always will.(Bonnie,I mean that as term of endearment!)If any one has Evester e-mail address, please PM me,I just want to say hello. He is a great man,period.

To Sam and the rest of you,thanks for making this site,most times, a great place to visit.

The world is a nasty place,does this place have to be? :rolleyes:

Kevster :)

I have a lot of respect for Ev and the others who were here long before me. I know many people have been part of this community for years, and I only joined at the first of the year, even though I have been a Zeppelin fan for ~ 30 years; so I realize I am new here and will be new for a long time.

With that in mind I try very hard to be considerate and to play by the rules, and have met some wonderful people. I've had a lot of fun here and have learned an unbelievable amount about Zeppelin (and more) in the last 11 months.

But I feel very badly that the long time members are leaving because new people are coming in. I hope nothing I have done or said has contributed in any way. :(

I have a lot of respect for Ev and the others who were here long before me. I know many people have been part of this community for years, and I only joined at the first of the year, even though I have been a Zeppelin fan for ~ 30 years; so I realize I am new here and will be new for a long time.

With that in mind I try very hard to be considerate and to play by the rules, and have met some wonderful people. I've had a lot of fun here and have learned an unbelievable amount about Zeppelin (and more) in the last 11 months.

But I feel very badly that the long time members are leaving because new people are coming in. I hope nothing I have done or said has contributed in any way. :(

Oh Lord no, you haven't done anything. A lot of the older members (I joined back in '04) just don't post here as much any more for a variety of reasons. I do admit this place isn't what it was before Sam moved it over here, but I bet we could make it that good again.

I can only speak for myself, but I can say it took me a while to realize that this place isn't the old board. It's another board, with other rules and moderation and though it's still runned by Sam, it looks like a completely different place. I am not complaining though I already have done that before. This place just doesn't speak to me as the old board used to.

I still come here from time to time to see if there is something new in the LZ world.

For me that's what hasn't changed at all, my love for LZ. B)

Archived