The Movie version of Led Zeppelin

McSeven

I know that this has been posted before. If you could produce make a movie about LZ who would play the boys, and what story would you do for them.

I would get unknowns. If I had to use stars. I would have Jude Law play Robert Plant. Gorden Levert as Jimmy Page. Christian Bale as Bonzo. JPJ I don't know.

I would start off with Page and then move to Plant then Bonzo and then JPJ. Each chapter would be about thier albums. I would have the story be about how thier lives were effect by each release. I would not really get into drugs and cheating on thier wives. There would be a lot of live music numbers. I would end it at Bonhams death.

Robert Plant would be brash but loveable. Same with Bonzo. Page would be wise and mysterious. JPJ would be similar as well.

I would show a lot of thier music playing prowes. It would not be like the Doors. I even think that someone like Chris Nolan from The Dark Knight would film it. The songs would be more cool lots of footage of the band playing more of the PG material.

I would like to see a movie about LZ in my lifetime.

Mc7

I know that this has been posted before. If you could produce make a movie about LZ who would play the boys, and what story would you do for them.

I would get unknowns. If I had to use stars. I would have Jude Law play Robert Plant. Gorden Levert as Jimmy Page. Christian Bale as Bonzo. JPJ I don't know.

I would start off with Page and then move to Plant then Bonzo and then JPJ. Each chapter would be about thier albums. I would have the story be about how thier lives were effect by each release. I would not really get into drugs and cheating on thier wives. There would be a lot of live music numbers. I would end it at Bonhams death.

Robert Plant would be brash but loveable. Same with Bonzo. Page would be wise and mysterious. JPJ would be similar as well.

I would show a lot of thier music playing prowes. It would not be like the Doors. I even think that someone like Chris Nolan from The Dark Knight would film it. The songs would be more cool lots of footage of the band playing more of the PG material.

Mc7

Robert Plant - Carrot Top

Jimmy Page - Jim Carey

John Bonham - Chris Farley

John Paul Jones - George Bush

Mc7

Cool ideas. I would go see it.

The problem would be getting Led Zeppelin to approve songs for the film, if they even approve of the project to start with. Malcom McLaren's biopic of Peter Grant, Hammer of the Gods was shelved because they had problem getting song clearance, even though Grant was named executive producer on the project.

Meg

Mc7

I already had a neighbor who looked VERY much like Jimmy Page (if not practically identical) and had the same name as one of the members of Rainbow (which I didn't know at the time).

Don't think I want to touch this subject further, lol.

• 3 months later...

I don't know how many of you have seen Celebrity Rehab on VH1 but Steven Adler is dead on for a young Plant. Unfortunately he has a speech impedement now due to a stroke.

I remember quite a few years ago there was talk of a Zeppelin movie and Gary Oldman was rumored to be Page.

Elijah Wood as Jonesy?

I remember quite a few years ago there was talk of a Zeppelin movie and Gary Oldman was rumored to be Page.

You mean Gary Oldman? He is a super actor, he was always so into his role that he manged to freak me out everytime...except as Sirius Black.

You mean Gary Oldman? He is a super actor, he was always so into his role that he manged to freak me out everytime...except as Sirius Black.

Tell me about it. Everytime I see the real Lee Harvey Oswald on a documentary I see Oldman. He nailed that role!

• 2 years later...

I would start off with Page and then move to Plant then Bonzo and then JPJ. Each chapter would be about their albums. I would have the story be about how thier lives were effect by each release. I would not really get into drugs and cheating on their wives. There would be a lot of live music numbers. I would end it at Bonham's death.

I would show a lot of their music playing prowess. It would not be like the Doors. I even think that someone like Chris Nolan from The Dark Knight would film it. The songs would be more cool lots of footage of the band playing more of the PG material.

Mc7

jtgqznosbhl4lho.jpg

James Gandolfini . . . . . as Peter Grant

I saw him in a movie the other day. It was "Surviving Christmas".

After seeing his part in the movie, I think that James would be the perfect actor to play Peter Grant in a film about Led Zeppelin, don't you ? ? ?

Tell me about it. Everytime I see the real Lee Harvey Oswald on a documentary I see Oldman. He nailed that role!

Gary Oldman does pick the greatest roles

Count Dracula

Dr Smith

Sid Vicious

Lee Harvey Oswald

just to name a few .... ok 4 and Jimmy Page . . . . that could have been incredible

Gary Oldman does pick the greatest roles

Count Dracula

Dr Smith

Sid Vicious

Lee Harvey Oswald

just to name a few .... ok 4 and Jimmy Page . . . . that could have been incredible

For great Gary Oldman roles, I would add:

Rogue DEA Agent Norman Stansfield :)

Drexl Spivey from True Romance

jtgqznosbhl4lho.jpg

James Gandolfini . . . . . as Peter Grant

I saw him in a movie the other day. It was "Surviving Christmas".

After seeing his part in the movie, I think that James would be the perfect actor to play Peter Grant in a film about Led Zeppelin, don't you ? ? ?

HELL YEAH! Perfect. I'd love to see this happen, and according to "The Sopranos" he can be badass when he needs to!

Archived