Robert Plant, a man among men.

zooma

You know, everytime I start to think really positively about these guys

something like this comes up:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle5037614.ece

and I just want to turn away and never look their way again.

I think the remaining three members have evolved and as RP has stated, are "in a different place" now. How much of that is really different than what goes on in the average University fraternity house?

I think the remaining three members have evolved and as RP has stated, are "in a different place" now. How much of that is really different than what goes on in the average University fraternity house?

Exactly - it was also a really long time ago. Times were different and I don't think they were the only ones carrying on that way.

It was a simple matter of having your own room over which you had control. They had their part of the hotel and you had yours, and I always loved the music.

Just because their inhibitions were lowered and their physical drive ran high did not stop me from seeing the concerts.

But you could not expect to be a priority in their world. On the other hand, the music was great, so that was alright. And as long as there was someone who did appreciate you in your life, everything was alright. It was a lighthearted, carefree atmosphere, not a serious one, which was good.

But of course it was not a substitute for a true love, although it was a great way to spend some time, as long as you remembered that moderation in all things was pretty much the rule. That is true in any situation where excess is an element.

It's like Las Vegas or gambling, you do it to have fun. If you are not having fun or getting in too deep you must find something else to do.

It definitely seemed different than anything happening at a university, maybe because the music was better.

Oh, for God's sake, this manages to be a positive thread for about three posts, and then, as a result of a book extract that contains nothing new, we're having to defend the band for being the people they were decades ago??? As if we'd suddenly been reminded they were fucking mass-murderers or something?????

FORGET the sex 'n' drugs, we're talking about the rock 'n' roll, and the fact that Robert Plant was and is a damn fine singer.

*exhales*

Who is this Mick Wall anyway?

Shades of HOTG.

Until I read the REAL story written by any one of the surviving members I shall reserve my right to dismiss all stories as rumours and hearsay, regardless of who they are written by.

Oh, for God's sake, this manages to be a positive thread for about three posts, and then, as a result of a book extract that contains nothing new, we're having to defend the band for being the people they were decades ago??? As if we'd suddenly been reminded they were fucking mass-murderers or something?????

FORGET the sex 'n' drugs, we're talking about the rock 'n' roll, and the fact that Robert Plant was and is a damn fine singer.

*exhales*

Thank God I am not famous so maybe nobody will hold me accountable, at age 60, for some really stupid stuff I did in my early 20s. And I mean really stupid stuff......

He actually appeared to be having a really good time and did not seem to be suffering too much. People who talk about how bad it was must not have attended the same shows that I did. Although it was a fast environment, so you had to set boundaries for yourself. Sometimes you have to be your own mother.

Thank God I am not famous so maybe nobody will hold me accountable, at age 60, for some really stupid stuff I did in my early 20s. And I mean really stupid stuff......

Same here. I bet my stupid stuff was stupider than your stupid stuff. Fortunately some of it was so stupid it led me to not being able to remember it . . . :rolleyes::D

That was the 70's plain and simple. They were not alone, they just did it better ;)

While I appreciate that everyone appreciates Robert and Jimmy for their respective talents of singing and playing the guitar, I think we're forgetting that their real magic came from the dynamism of the four playing together....Or maybe no one's forgetting that and that's why everyone's keen that the right thing happens for all concerned. I just don't think you can compare their talents with each other cos surely that's missing the whole point of why they were so special in the first place. :rolleyes:

Then I am so glad I learn from the dead. (my ancestors, not misled perverts like Crowley)

The greatest lesson I have learned....

There is a MASSIVE difference between kabbalah and what they call and operate in as the occult

But of course it was not a substitute for a true love, although it was a great way to spend some time, as long as you remembered that moderation in all things was pretty much the rule. That is true in any situation where excess is an element.

I am definitely from another planet. True love is the only thing that matters to me. No wonder I have always felt so alone on this hell hole.

Anyhow sorry about putting another damper on the subject. There's more to it, but it would take too long to explain.

Acke, never mind. Fuck...Stupid fucking men

It was a simple matter of having your own room over which you had control. They had their part of the hotel and you had yours, and I always loved the music.

Just because their inhibitions were lowered and their physical drive ran high did not stop me from seeing the concerts.

But you could not expect to be a priority in their world. On the other hand, the music was great, so that was alright. And as long as there was someone who did appreciate you in your life, everything was alright. It was a lighthearted, carefree atmosphere, not a serious one, which was good.

I had to revisit this post, because I just had to ask you...

Who the hell are you talking about regarding rooms, hotels etc?

I've never met any of these guys.

I know things about them by listenng to their music.

I goes beyond that, but its' a little esoteric, but I have never met any of them.

True but did you mean "men" specifically?

Well, in the case of zeppelin it was men old enough to know better

than to take advantage of young girls who were driven wild by the music.

Same goes for other bands.

And that doesn't even touch on the effect it all had on the general populous.

Something inside my soul tells me sex is sacred. Far from it in that world.

Not my cup of tea.

As for all the groupies who are still proud of themselves - no comment.

Well, in the case of zeppelin it was men old enough to know better

than to take advantage of young girls who were driven wild by the music.

Same goes for other bands.

And that doesn't even touch on the effect it all had on the general populous.

Something inside my soul tells me sex is sacred. Far from it in that world.

Not my cup of tea.

As for all the groupies who are still proud of themselves - no comment.

I like sex. Any LZ groupies out there?

Archived