Robert Plant, a man among men.

zooma

I heard Robert Plant sing before The Who at a concert and I was brought to tears by Robert Plant's voice. I felt the same way when I went to the Smithsonian and saw "real" Renaissance art by the great masters (as opposed to prints) Robert Plant's voice cannot be reproduced by any type of recording media and be appropriately appreciated. To have Led Zep tour without Robert Plant is laughable and even though Jimmy Page is a great guitarist, by touring without Robert Plant, Jimmy Page continues to prove he is first and foremost, not an original, he is a rip off artist, as he was in the beginning stealing from the Yardbirds and Willie Dixon et al. It's all about the money with Jimmy Page. I appreciate the fact that Robert Plant has integrity and he is a true artist.

I heard Robert Plant sing before The Who at a concert and I was brought to tears by Robert Plant's voice. I felt the same way when I went to the Smithsonian and saw "real" Renaissance art by the great masters (as opposed to prints) Robert Plant's voice cannot be reproduced by any type of recording media and be appropriately appreciated. To have Led Zep tour without Robert Plant is laughable and even though Jimmy Page is a great guitarist, by touring without Robert Plant, Jimmy Page continues to prove he is first and foremost, not an original, he is a rip off artist, as he was in the beginning stealing from the Yardbirds and Willie Dixon et al. It's all about the money with Jimmy Page. I appreciate the fact that Robert Plant has integrity and he is a true artist.

Thanks for your opinion.

I disagree with your comment about Jimmy. Strongly. I think Jimmy just wants to get out and play. I really do not think it is about the money. He, like Robert, probably has enough money. I think calling him a "rip off artist" is harsh as well. It is really sad that people continue to target individual members of the band with these type comments.

such a nice comment to start your way on this forum <_<

Jimmy is without a doubt an original...many guitarists emulate his way of playing and his look...

what Led Zeppelin did was not ripping off other artists..they took a "good-" song and turned into a masterpiece. "you need love" by Willie Dixon for example was never concidered to be half as succesful as "Wole Lotta Love" and I bet alot of people didn't know about it's existence ..

I don't think it's all about the money.. Jimmy already has loads of it so he can do now what he really want with his life and musical career..

:wtf:

Archived