Should They Tour As Led Zeppelin?

Reggie29

Should They Tour As Led Zeppelin?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should They Tour As "Led Zeppelin"?

• Yes
    • No

Even if they legally could tour as Led Zeppelin it would be an awful blunder from an artistic point of view - and one that I don't expect Jimmy or Jonesy to make.

Of course lineup changes DO work for some bands, and I sometimes find it mildly amusing when I see people who are bigger fans of other bands who HAVE had lineup changes post and they argue that it's no longer Zeppelin when one of the band members is missing - and even that John Bonham's death quite simply was the end of the band. But even so these people DO make sense, because the sound of Led Zeppelin was unusually dependent on the lineup as a whole and the particular chemistry they achieved between themselves. And when it's Robert you're talking about - forget it. Led Zeppelin is completely unimaginable without him.

If Robert Plant was on board, I think they should use the Zeppelin name...

...but not without him.

If they were to tour with Plant then I firmly believe they should reform completely and make new albums etc

This is only possible because of Jason Bonham.

It is a godsend that he has followed in his father's footsteps.

As the lifespan of the band was so cruelly cut down by the death of John Bonham, it's an absolute dream to have his son step into his shoes.

Full reformation or nothing at all - is the only way!

caroselambra+

Not true Mercurious. The band members or their representatives regularly have meetings regarding EVERYTHING to do with Zeppelin. Jimmy has no more say than any of the other members. None of your original post that I asked you to back up was true.

And just because you think it would be a better idea if some of the money went to charity, you actually post as a FACT that it will do? Come on.

No, I've repeatedly used the phrase "likely going to charity" and maybe on one reference wrote that "the money's going to charity." And nearly everything I write on this board exists in the realm of opinion -- you don't have to agree. I'm not sitting in on any meetings but if I do, I'll certainly couch everything in terms as professionally mysterious as possible.

C'mon, do you really think the ABC Trust is not to going to benefit? So these aging English gentlemen are going to get out on the road with a guy whose own band suffers from a lack of credibility in the post-grunge ennui and line their pockets with millions? Are you telling me that there are not numerous charities connected to these Led Zeppelin rereleases?

"Hi, I'm Sir Jimmy Page. This one's for the money." :blink:

No, I've repeatedly used the phrase "likely going to charity" and maybe on one reference wrote that "the money's going to charity." And nearly everything I write on this board exists in the realm of opinion -- you don't have to agree. I'm not sitting in on any meetings but if I do, I'll certainly couch everything in terms as professionally mysterious as possible.

C'mon, do you really think the ABC Trust is not to going to benefit? So these aging English gentlemen are going to get out on the road with a guy whose own band suffers from a lack of credibility in the post-grunge ennui and line their pockets with millions? Are you telling me that there are not numerous charities connected to these Led Zeppelin rereleases? "Hi, I'm Sir Jimmy Page. This one's for the money." :blink:

Yes.

Well actually what I'm saying is that no-one anywhere has given any indication of how much - if any - of any money raised will go to any charity. Trying to tout charity donation as a primary motivation for any releases or further activity is plain daft.

Oh and he is NOT "Sir Jimmy Page".

Stating it as a fact is exactly what you did here.

Once, after saying likely numerous times. Jimmy's got an M.B.E. for his charity work on behalf of the children of Brazil. It's a much more meaningful recognition by the Queen than what the Beatles received back in the day, simply on the basis for what he got it for -- good works. Yes, the crown has elevated him to that club, though perhaps not sir status.

Charity would not perhaps be the primary reason for touring and no one said it was -- people will be paid, mortgages will be met, England will get its taxes, fun will be had, great music will be delivered to the wind --- but if they are not sheltering a good chunk in good works and charity, that would be daft and very unwise, just another rock&roll swindle during a near-depression no less.

What I write here on this fun forum should not be taken as fact in any way [unless I'm citing primary source material]. However, some of it is the media advice I would be giving Jimmy Page as he moves forward. If you have information to the contrary, as I'm aware that you do have some inside connex, then, please, present it.

Now Jimmy, please, from an adoring fan perspective -- please call Chris Cornell!!!

Once, after saying likely numerous times. Jimmy's got an M.B.E. for his charity work on behalf of the children of Brazil. It's a much more meaningful recognition by the Queen than what the Beatles received back in the day, simply on the basis for what he got it for -- good works. Yes, the crown has elevated him to that club, though perhaps not sir status.

Actually, he got an O.B.E. The Beatles got M.B.E.s.

I don't neccasarily beleive they SHOULD or SHOULD NOT tour as Led Zeppelin, it's really a matter of what ever they want to do. If Plant comes to his senses and joins yes it should be Led Zeppelin, if not leave it up to Jimmy and John. Personally I want them to tour as Led Zeppelin, one reason being I will get to say I saw Led Zeppelin.

I hate to say this, but you really couldn't say you saw Led Zeppelin, because it would not be Led Zeppelin just a version of Led Zeppelin. No Plant...No Zeppelin...no Page no Zeppelin....you get the idea. By the way they can call themselves anything they want. You can call an orange an apple but it don't make it so.

This was also a big debate before the 07 concert, and I knew they would call themselves Led Zeppelin and I wanted them to 100%. But now if Robert won't be there,there is no Led Zeppelin.I know that's kind of strong, but that's how I feel.

Archived