The NBA Thread! 08

eagle87

• 3 months later...

Let's Go Spartans !!

MSU-Flag.jpg

and Fuck U-M ! B)

As for the Pistons, this whole year is just a smokescreen to get some cap money to make a big move, and Iverson is not capable of playing unselfish Piston basketball.

Has anyone ever heard of a game going 6 overtimes? Has it ever happened? The guy on sportsline is saying its the greatest game of all time. Of course I missed it. Sabres come first to me. And I bought into the "SU has no chance to win" bullshit. Idiots.

A game has actually went to seven overtimes before. :) My favorite team is the Cleveland Cavaliers. :D:D Maybe this is our year :):D

Id usually agree with this comment. But a 6 overtime game and the fact that it is Syracuse, have me interested.

Well, a Carolina/Duke matchup in any part of the season is much better than any Orangeman/Huskies game,6,8 or10 ot's.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz is correct!

Staying on topic,Go Cavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lebron rocks!

Well, a Carolina/Duke matchup in any part of the season is much better than any Orangeman/Huskies game,6,8 or10 ot's.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz is correct!

Staying on topic,Go Cavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lebron rocks!

You couldn't pay me to watch an entire NBA game anymore. It has gone to hell. Last years finals were a joke. Ive never seen the two supposed best teams shoot so bad. It was a joke. The league is a joke. Maybe Cleveland can pull it off in the east. Who knows. Since you care, I wish them luck. I hate Boston anyway.

You couldn't pay me to watch an entire NBA game anymore. It has gone to hell. Last years finals were a joke. Ive never seen the two supposed best teams shoot so bad. It was a joke. The league is a joke. Maybe Cleveland can pull it off in the east. Who knows. Since you care, I wish them luck. I hate Boston anyway.

I agree. As a Cavs fan, I hate Boston as much as any other team. :angry: Last year's finals weren't that great either.

• 1 month later...
Man, Chicago had Boston on the ropes. Boston isn't going to the finals. No way. I was hoping they lost tonight. Great finish. Cleveland and Atlanta play for the East and the Lakers and Denver for the West I say. What says any of you?

Not a huge B- ball fan Yukon but I will enter this conversation briefly. The Celtics are going to be tough to dethrone. I think at the end of the day, they are the most complete team in the NBA and they will rise to the occation. They may not be as dominent as they were last year but they are still the best team in the league dispite Cleveland

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to this game. The Celtics were my favourite team back in the Bird days, but now I hate their thuggery and arrogance. It has taken them all these overtimes and and game 7 to even try to get out of the first round and yet they're posturing as if they're God's gift to basketball. I just hope the Bulls don't fold under the pressure tonight. I would hate to see a blowout (unless Boston's going down! :thumbsup:)

I find myself cheering for Denver because Carmello Anthony helped Syracuse win the title in 03. I believe this is the best team Denver has ever had? Question is now, can they beat the Lakers? I dont see why not.

Bad day for Nowitski I guess. The tv announcers said something about him and his girlfriend breaking up and she was in jail! What the hell is she doing in jail? I guess he must have figured let her stay there and watch the game? Why bail her ass out huh? Unreal.

Hey Yukon, how ya doing? Think you're right about Denver. The last time I remember them in the playoffs was when they had Alex English so that tells you how long ago that was. But then again, I haven't followed the NBA as much in past ten years so am probably wrong. And don't be so hard on Boston, haven't you noticed that they always play Zep's "Rock & Roll" at their home games? (the Garden, is that right?)

Hi Angel. I doubt it is the Boston players chosing to play Led Zepp songs. Well, this is the NBA threaad. Too bad Yao Ming got hurt. Houston just never gets a fare crack at it. If they had him and McGrady both they would have been a real force. Anyone know why Nowitski's girl or ex girl is locked up? Denver should give the Lakers all they can handle. I believe Cleveland will be in the finals for sure. Hope that Orlando whacks Boston again tonight.

Wow, just saw that Houston beat the Lakers without You Ming. Unreal. Just imagine the Lakers blowing this series. I dont think it will happen but think Denver can beat them.

I think Kobe is SKEERED to face my man LeBron! :o

He's bailing early! ;)

Go Cavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe how easily Dallas has rolled over and played dead. Billups has been a huge addition to the Nuggets. Addition by subtraction for Denver in getting rid of Iverson. Speaking of which, here's a mock video of NBA's "where amazing happens" ads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvRK5YbZq-4

:D

Lakers are taking things for granted, though they can turn it on and have spurts that crush the will of opponents. Cleveland is a steady juggernaut. It'll be an amazing finals. The NBA. Where the fix for best ratings happens lol.

I am cheering for Denver. Carmello is from Syracuse.

Well if the Lakers aren't careful, they may get caught asleep at the wheel with Denver. They are one tough team to beat. Built for the playoffs. Very disciplined and stick to their system, and have stars that can improvise within it. I hope Toronto gets out of the second round one of these years.

How tough is it to get tickets to a Raptors game? Is it very expensive?

Not at all. The 'no-beer' section is around $20. Of course, for prime-time teams and prime seats you get into the three digit range, but even mid bowl the prices are reasonable. Not the Leafs tix, where you have to sell you first born, which is why I haven't seen a live game for a long time.

Check out the seating/pricing chart on the right:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/tickets/newseasonseats.html

How good would Houston be with You Ming and McGrady? The Lakers may find a way to beat Houston in game 7 Sunday but Jackson has to be concerned. I think Denver will beat them. And as for Boston, they should spare themselves the embarrasment of playing the Cavs. Lose to Orlando and let them have the honors of being destroyed by Cleveland.

Actually McGrady has been a black hole for any team he's played with because he tries to do it all himself. Because he handles the ball so much, the rest of the team ends up standing around watching him. He stagnates the offense greatly. Notice how they were on winning streaks whenever he was out with an injury for the umpteenth time? And by the way, his injuries affected his movement on D and he often got blown by.

Anyway, I agree with you that the Cavs are lethal this year. Statistically, the majority of championship teams have a 1st team all-star, or MVP. (More info here:http://www.82games.com/dennis.htm )

But I want Boston to face the Cavs. They were soooo smarmy and arrogant, thugs trying to intimidate and goad other teams, especially that mega douche Garnett, that I would love nothing more than to see explode from all the humble pie they'll have to eat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everyone! About 45 minutes ago, the husband informed me that @ LA, while they were introducing the Lakers' lineup, they played a brief instrumental version of Kashmir. Hurray for Led Zeppelin! :):cheer:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Tony Parker is another athlete that could not be happy with what he had. I dont know what Langoria ever saw in him anyway. She is doing the right thing divorcing the cheater. As for Lebron's return to Cleveland, you could just see the disgust of many of the fans. But things are not going to well for him and his team that were crowned champions a bit too early. I dont see them winning it this year no way. They are having alolt of trouble and when they play the good teams they are in trouble.

Archived