THE FLEETWOOD MAC THREAD

ZeppFanForever

You Lucky Dog!!! What I would not have done to be a fly on the wall. LOL

Please continue with the information as I am really intrigued. Also, talk about a Peyton Place between members. I am surprised they all are good friends. That says something about their character. ( I better say in my opinion only) I do not want to get roasted over the coals! :rolleyes:

How's it going "Bitchin Soul?" Thank you for the kind comment. I promise to e-mail you personally and talk about many personal topics that FLEETWOOD MAC and I have had through the years. I met FLEETWOOD MAC through one of my most dearest friends that I ever knew. His name was Dennis (Denny) Wilson, the late great Drummer for THE BEACH BOYS. Denny was dating Christine McVie on and off when I met the legendary band. I went back stage and spoke with all of them. Hell, I even got cozy with sexy Stevie Nicks. She is an EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL woman outside as well as a beautiful person inside! I also became very friendly with Denny's Girlfriend Christine McVie. She is a very intelligent woman. There is so much to tell with my experiences with this legendary band as well as Dennis Wilson and Brian Wilson that I would not even know where to start. You would NEVER believe what my ears have heard. I'll be talking with you soon. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Please continue with the information as I am really intrigued. Also, talk about a Peyton Place between members. I am surprised they all are good friends. That says something about their character. ( I better say in my opinion only) I do not want to get roasted over the coals! :rolleyes:

How's it going "Bitchin Soul?" Thank you for the kind comment. I promise to e-mail you personally and talk about many personal topics that FLEETWOOD MAC and I have had through the years. I met FLEETWOOD MAC through one of my most dearest friends that I ever knew. His name was Dennis (Denny) Wilson, the late great Drummer for THE BEACH BOYS. Denny was dating Christine McVie on and off when I met the legendary band. I went back stage and spoke with all of them. Hell, I even got cozy with sexy Stevie Nicks. She is an EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL woman outside as well as a beautiful person inside! I also became very friendly with Denny's Girlfriend Christine McVie. She is a very intelligent woman. There is so much to tell with my experiences with this legendary band as well as Dennis Wilson and Brian Wilson that I would not even know where to start. You would NEVER believe what my ears have heard. I'll be talking with you soon. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going "Bitchin Soul?" I apologize for the many same comments I sent you. My computer or the website was freaking out on me. How unfortunate! Oh well, as the saying goes, "SHIT HAPPENS!" ROCK ON!

Whoa ZFF !!

I think I count 10 of the same posts when your internet fucked up.

That's BITCHIN' !!!! :lol:

I just highly recommend a Fleetwood Mac fan to check out 'Future Games'. Listen to the spaced-outed-ness of it.

The songs, "Woman of 1,000 Years, Sands of Time, Future Games". It's a trip.

By the way, I had both issues on vinyl. Yellow and Green.

Import:

Fleetwood_Mac_-_Future_Games.jpg

Domestic:

Fleetwood_Mac_-_Future_Games_(green).jpg

Oh, and here's the cover for Bare Trees. This won some kind of cover-art award in '72. Minimalist ehh ?

75c6228348a05f99a4afd010.L.jpg

Another great one.

Edited by EpicForest

Question for ZFF or any other FM fans: somebody once sent me a mp3 file of a FM instrumental called "Albatross". It's definitely pre- Buckingham/Nicks, can anybody tell me more about it, what year, album it's on, and the guitarist on it.

Thanks!

How's it going "Stargroves Tangie?" I can help you out with this one. "Albatross" was one of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC'S first hit songs. It was released as a single as was "Black Magic Woman" from "THE PIOUS BIRD OF GOOD OMEN" album released in 1969. Peter Green was the only guitarist on "Black Magic Woman." Peter Green and Danny Kirwan were the only guitarists minus Jeremy Spencer on the song "Albatross." I hope this helps, ROCK ON!

Whoa ZFF !!

I think I count 10 of the same posts when your internet fucked up.

That's BITCHIN' !!!! :lol:

I just highly recommend a Fleetwood Mac fan to check out 'Future Games'. Listen to the spaced-outed-ness of it.

The songs, "Woman of 1,000 Years, Sands of Time, Future Games". It's a trip.

By the way, I had both issues on vinyl. Yellow and Green.

Import:

Fleetwood_Mac_-_Future_Games.jpg

Domestic:

Fleetwood_Mac_-_Future_Games_(green).jpg

Oh, and here's the cover for Bare Trees. This won some kind of cover-art award in '72. Minimalist ehh ?

75c6228348a05f99a4afd010.L.jpg

Another great one.

Very good recommendation "EpicForest." These are all great FLEETWOOD MAC albums. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Stargroves Tangie?" I can help you out with this one. "Albatross" was one of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC'S first hit songs. It was released as a single as was "Black Magic Woman" from "THE PIOUS BIRD OF GOOD OMEN" album released in 1969. Peter Green was the only guitarist on "Black Magic Woman." Peter Green and Danny Kirwan were the only guitarists minus Jeremy Spencer on the song "Albatross." I hope this helps, ROCK ON!

'albatross' is also a song that was in rotation around the studio whilst the beatles made abbey road. i'll leave it to ZFF to tell you what song it influenced on that album, as he knows his beatles, yes he does...

Edited by beatbo

'albatross' is also a song that was in rotation around the studio whilst the beatles made abbey road. i'll leave it to ZFF to tell you what song it influenced on that album, as he knows his beatles, yes he does...

How's it going "beatbo," my buddy? We BOTH know our BEATLES well huh? FLEETWOOD MAC'S legendary song "Albatross" inspired Lennon to write "Sun King." ROCK ON!

I have a stupid question: What version of FM did that "Oh well" song- can't sing, ain't pretty and my legs are thin. Because that is some cool guitar. Has it already been mentioned here? I read the thread and couldn't tell if it had.

I have a stupid question: What version of FM did that "Oh well" song- can't sing, ain't pretty and my legs are thin. Because that is some cool guitar. Has it already been mentioned here? I read the thread and couldn't tell if it had.

How's it going "Suz?" I remember you! I love the picture of your cat saying "Meow!" Very good question. There is no such thing as a stupid question. "Oh Well" came off the 1970 album entitled THEN PLAY ON. This would be the final album that would feature all of the original members of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC including Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, Danny Kirwan, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood. JIMMY PAGE & THE BLACK CROWES would perform "Oh Well" live which is included on the 2-CD set live album. It sounds excellent. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

here's page and the crowes doing "oh, well"

page crowes

here's fleetwood mac doing it in 1969 on the bbc:

here's "albatross":

albatross

"the green manalishi" (not the judas priest version):

on this song, peter green and danny kirwans go head to head. here any chicago blues licks in here?:

that ought to hold everyone for a minute...

hats off, ZFF

edit to add: ZFF-you should turn some folks on to peter's stuff with john mayall if you get a chance....

Edited by beatbo

here's page and the crowes doing "oh, well"

page crowes

here's fleetwood mac doing it in 1969 on the bbc:

here's "albatross":

albatross

"the green manalishi" (not the judas priest version):

on this song, peter green and danny kirwans go head to head. here any chicago blues licks in here?:

that ought to hold everyone for a minute...

hats off, ZFF

edit to add: ZFF-you should turn some folks on to peter's stuff with john mayall if you get a chance....

What's up "beatbo?" I saw Bonham's drum sticks at the Hard Rock Cafe. It felt like I was looking at God's drum sticks. As for your idea of talking about Peter Green's stint with John Mayall, I promise that I will talk about it very soon. I just have to refresh my memory with the information I already have as well as reading the linear notes in the A HARD ROAD album by JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS that was released in 1967. THIS IS ONE HELL OF AN ALBUM THAT TRULY KICKS ASS! You have to hear it to believe it. I call this album, as a complement, FLEETWOOD MAC in diapers. Thanks to John Mayall, he would not only bring together Peter Green, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood, he would be solely responsible for giving the band their early Blues sound identity. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Suz?" I remember you! I love the picture of your cat saying "Meow!" Very good question. There is no such thing as a stupid question. "Oh Well" came off the 1970 album entitled THEN PLAY ON. This would be the final album that would feature all of the original members of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC including Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, Danny Kirwan, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood. JIMMY PAGE & THE BLACK CROWES would perform "Oh Well" live which is included on the 2-CD set live album. It sounds excellent. ROCK ON!

Thanks for that :)

I love F-Mac, every era. Though if I had to pick a favorite era it would be post Green, pre Buckingham-Nicks era when Danny Kirwan stepped to the front. Bare Trees is a damn good album. In many ways I think Kirwan is under-appreciated by the Peter Green fans, who may not know or be able to tell that much of the hot guitar playing heard during the Green era was really Danny. Danny is all over Then Play On and stuff like Jigsaw Puzzle Blues is every bit as tasty as Albatross. IMO Kirwan may be the best guitarist that most people don't much about. Sad what happened to him.