THE FLEETWOOD MAC THREAD

ZeppFanForever

I love F-Mac, every era. Though if I had to pick a favorite era it would be post Green, pre Buckingham-Nicks era when Danny Kirwan stepped to the front. Bare Trees is a damn good album. In many ways I think Kirwan is under-appreciated by the Peter Green fans, who may not know or be able to tell that much of the hot guitar playing heard during the Green era was really Danny. Danny is all over Then Play On and stuff like Jigsaw Puzzle Blues is every bit as tasty as Albatross. IMO Kirwan may be the best guitarist that most people don't much about. Sad what happened to him.

How's it going "danelectro?" I will be writing a piece here on the FLEETWOOD MAC thread on Danny Kirwan in the next two weeks. This week, I will be writing about JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS. Danny Kirwan is indeed, a VERY underrated guitarist. I would say that Kirwan, other than Hendrix, are the ONLY guitarists that ever dared to go head to head with Peter Green in his prime. Kirwan may have lost a lot of guitar battles against Green, BUT IT WASN'T BY MUCH! Kirwan evidently learned a lot from Peter Green himself and it showed in his guitar playing. Like yourself, I am deeply saddened that Kirwan is homeless in London and dying from alcoholism. Kirwan had so much talent that he just wasted away. How sad. ROCK ON!

I love F-Mac, every era. Though if I had to pick a favorite era it would be post Green, pre Buckingham-Nicks era when Danny Kirwan stepped to the front. Bare Trees is a damn good album. In many ways I think Kirwan is under-appreciated by the Peter Green fans, who may not know or be able to tell that much of the hot guitar playing heard during the Green era was really Danny. Danny is all over Then Play On and stuff like Jigsaw Puzzle Blues is every bit as tasty as Albatross. IMO Kirwan may be the best guitarist that most people don't much about. Sad what happened to him.

How's it going "danelectro?" I will be writing a piece here on the FLEETWOOD MAC thread on Danny Kirwan in the next two weeks. This week, I will be writing about JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS. Danny Kirwan is indeed, a VERY underrated guitarist. I would say that Kirwan, other than Hendrix, are the ONLY guitarists that ever dared to go head to head with Peter Green in his prime. Kirwan may have lost a lot of guitar battles against Green, BUT IT WASN'T BY MUCH! Kirwan evidently learned a lot from Peter Green himself and it showed in his guitar playing. Like yourself, I am deeply saddened that Kirwan is homeless in London and dying from alcoholism. Kirwan had so much talent that he just wasted away. How sad. ROCK ON!

I'm a super-ultra-mega fan of the Nicks/Buckingham era. I was so made up when I saw them live in 2003.

I try and devour as much as possible, and absolutely love Stevie Nicks' solo stuff as well, and cannot wait for them to hit the road again next year!

The Chain - Japan

Edited by longdistancewinner

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Hope the week went well with all of you. I have the day off on this nice Halloween day or should I say Wholloween day. I still can't believe that our forum lost the Evster. I have learned so much from him as I'm sure that all of you have as well. I hope some day he comes back, now that would be special huh? I hope you're reading this Evster, I dedicate this thread to you!

I am deeply overwhelmed that many of you enjoyed reading my threads on ZEPPELIN as well as other bands. I have also enjoyed reading all of your threads on numerous topics resulting in me learning something different. I feel that as ZEPPELIN fanatics that many of us have so much in common but it is mainly ZEPPELIN that brings us all together in unity here on the ZEPPELIN forum. And because of this, we also have the responsibility as ZEPPELIN fans in keeping the ZEPPELIN legend and legacy alive as well as the memory of John Henry Bonham. Now, it is time for me to begin the thread.

I really enjoyed reading the "What's Your Favorite Guitarists Thread" that was started, written and submitted by fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic "leddy." All of our all-time greatest as well as our favorite Guitarist's names were brought up on this thread. However, there was one legendary Guitarist that was overlooked and forgotten on "leddy's" thread that I feel would be a good topic of discussion. It was also during this time that I was trying to decide on many topics to write about on my next thread. I feel that this legendary Guitarist and his band that I am going to write about is a great TRUE Rock n' Roll tale that would also prove fatal. The Guitarist's name is Mr. Peter Green and his legendary band I am talking about is none other than PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC. I have read two FLEETWOOD MAC thread's here on the forum, Any Mac Fans Thread and the Peter Green Thread. However, I feel that all of you need to know the TRUE and tragic story of FLEETWOOD MAC in order to appreciate the accomplishments and achievements of one Peter Green.

When you think of FLEETWOOD MAC today, you think of a very gifted American/British band comprising of two native California U.S.A. members named Lindsey Buckingham (Vocals and Guitar), the always beautiful Stevie Nicks (Vocals) and three fellow British members with two being the only original members left from the original PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC line-up. I'm talking about the beautiful Christine McVie (Vocals and Keyboards), her ex-husband and original member John McVie (Bassist) and original member Mick Fleetwood (Drums). With this legendary mid-1970's line-up, the new FLEETWOOD MAC would achieve more fame and fortune beyond their wildest dreams thus moving on to greater heights unimagined. It would also result in forgetting any accomplishments and achievements that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC did from 1967 to 1970. But what people don't realize is that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC had already laid down a great foundation by developing a reputation in the late 1960's and early 1970's for being one of the all-time greatest Hard Rock Blues bands ever.

PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC was originally born in London, England in 1967 comprising of Peter Green (Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), Jeremy Spencer (Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), Danny Kirwan (He would join the band later as the third Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), John McVie (Bassist) and Mick Fleetwood (Drums). This original legendary line-up would truly kick ass with Rock n' Roll in more ways than one and at the same time, give you some of the greatest Blues Rock music moments that you have ever heard in your life. PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC'S early beginnings would be traced all the way back to another great legendary 1960's Blues band. JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS would solely be responsible for bringing together Peter Green, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood in his band.

PETER GREEN will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history as being one of the greatest guitarists ever yet a forgotten Guitarist that got lost somewhere in time in Rock n' Roll history. In Green's prime, in my opinion, I would rank him up there with Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page easily. However, his decision to quit FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970 during the height of their popularity and disappear from the Rock n' Roll world would prove to be fatal on his part making it one of Rock's all-time greatest tragedy stories ever. It would be during the beginning years of FLEETWOOD MAC from 1967 to 1970 that Peter Green would gain a worldwide reputation by quickly establishing himself as one of the all-time Greatest Guitarist's ever. In my opinion, Peter Green, in his prime, was the ONLY Guitarist that ever dared to challenge Jimi Hendrix for his prestigious worldwide crown as THE GREATEST GUITARIST OF ALL-TIME. Green's guitar styles are similar to that of Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page and David Gilmour. However, Green's high pitched guitar sound would influence another great guitar legend named Carlos Santana thus making Green's sound his trademark that would last to this very day.

Peter Green also wrote some of Rock's all-time greatest songs ever that would gain more fame by being trademark songs for other great legendary bands. SANTANA immortalized Green's "Black Magic Woman" as AEROSMITH did with "Rattlesnake Shake" and JUDAS PRIEST with Green's legendary masterpiece "The Green Manalishi (With The Two Prong Crown)."

There are so many albums that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC has recorded from 1967 to 1970 that remained unreleased for many years UNTIL NOW. There are also some great new CD collections that make up for all of those years that the early MAC'S albums were unreleased. For the new and curious beginner, I would highly recommend the blistering 2-CD set entitled PETER GREEN, MAN OF THE WORLD, THE ANTHOLOGY 1968-1988. This collection contains the majority of Green's best work including his years with JOHN MAYALL and FLEETWOOD MAC. I also highly recommend the blistering 2-CD set of A HARD ROAD by JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS as well as THEN PLAY ON by FLEETWOOD MAC. As for the new collections, I highly recommend the incredible 2-CD set entitled PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE BBC, the 2-CD set of THE VAUDEVILLE YEARS OF FLEETWOOD MAC 1968 TO 1970, FLEETWOOD MAC, SHOW-BIZ BLUES 1968 TO 1970 VOLUME 2 and the 6-CD set of FLEETWOOD MAC, THE COMPLETE BLUE HORIZON SESSIONS 1967-1969. I guarantee you that you will have heard everything there is on PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC if you purchase everything that I have mentioned on this thread.

There are not many great sounding live quality albums of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC let alone on CD. But that would change in the 1990's. There would be bad sound quality live shows of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE MARQUEE and LIVE IN LONDON 1968 released on CD. However, in 1998, FLEETWOOD MAC'S BLISTERING ASS KICKING live shows at The Boston Tea Party are legendary in the sense that in my opinion, they are only one of two shows that capture Peter Green at his ABSOLUTE BEST! You are probably asking yourself, "why didn't FLEETWOOD MAC release a live album of THE BOSTON TEA PARTY shows in 1970?" The truth is, these shows were being recorded live for a future release but with Green's departure from FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970, the tapes were shelved indefinitely. The sound quality of the BOSTON TEA PARTY bootlegs that were available and sold in the 1980's and 1990's were absolutely awful and did FLEETWOOD MAC'S blistering and devastating live performances at the BOSTON TEA PARTY no justice at all. In 1998, Snapper Music would find the original 8-Track master tapes and Digitally Remaster and Remix them using today's updated studio technology process. Now, we can finally listen to these three part separate CD sets of the live BOSTON TEA PARTY shows for ourselves in great sounding quality as it was originally truly intended to be heard and be blown away with TOTAL DISBELIEF! These shows will definitely blow your mind away! You have to hear these 3-CD's in three parts to believe it. The other live show I am talking about is the single CD entitled FLEETWOOD MAC, SHRINE '69. This is another great live show with great sound quality.

As for Peter Green today, he is NO WHERE near the great guitarist he once was. After putting down the guitar and not playing it for years along with his failing health, his playing talent deminished. If you ever get a chance, check out the 2003 DVD entitled AN EVENING WITH PETER GREEN SPLINTER GROUP IN CONCERT. See it for yourself.

I hope I didn't talk your ears off. I hope you enjoyed reading my thread. Please comment on it whether it is a positive or negative one. I appreciate true honesty. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Is the week treating all of you well? I hope so. I would like to thank all of you for all of your responses on this thread. As promised, it is now time for me to add another piece on this thread which I will call JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS, THE BEGINNINGS OF FLEETWOOD MAC. So here I go.

JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS

The Beginnings of FLEETWOOD MAC

The "A Hard Road" Album

This segment will highlight what happened between 1965 up to 1967. First of all, we owe Mr. Eric (Slowhand) Clapton a BIG thank you for leaving JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS twice in 1965. Had he not done that, there is a strong possibility that FLEETWOOD MAC would have never existed.

In 1965, Eric Clapton abruptly quit JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUSBREAKERS in order to take an extended vacation in Greece. Upon hearing about this, 19 year old Nee Greenbaum (A.K.A. Peter Green) lobbied Mayall for the job, but only got to play a handful of gigs before Clapton returned. Prior to Green first teaming up with Mayall, his prior resume included a membership in a band called SHOTGUN EXPRESS, alongside a young ROD STEWART, future THEM/CAMEL keyboardist Peter Bardens and drummer Mick Fleetwood. Six months after Clapton returned back to John Mayall, he quit for good and Green was back in the John Mayall line-up permanently.

The line-up for the 1967 JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS band was John Mayall (Vocal, organ, piano, harmonica and 5 & 9 string guitars), Peter Green (vocal, lead guitar & harmonica), John McVie (bassist) and Aynsley Dunbar (drums). Mick Fleetwood would come in later and replace Dunbar on drums for the A-B sided 45 RPM single "Double Trouble" and "It Hurts Me So" in June 1967. These two songs are the first and only songs ever recorded by the line-up featuring Mayall, Green, McVie and Fleetwood. It would also be these sessions that would inspire Green to form a band with McVie (Later), Fleetwood and Jeremy Spencer thus calling the new band PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC. (Danny Kirwan would not join the band until later down the road.) ANOTHER NOTE: John McVie was NOT the first bassist in PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC. Prior to McVie joining the band, bassist Bob Brunning played a very brief stint with the band live at The Marquee in 1967. McVie would join PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC shortly after.

Peter Green would record the A HARD ROAD album with JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS and would be released in February 1967. The original Track line-up on this album are the following:

(1.) A Hard Road (a really good slow Bluesy Rocker.)

(2.) It's Over (A great fast Blues Rocker.)

(3.) You Don't Love Me (Another great fast Blues Rocker.)

(4.) The Stumble (An incredible fast instrumental Blues Rocker with a great Peter Green solo.)

(5.) Another Kinda Love (An ALL-OUT slow Blues Rocker.)

(6.) Hit The Highway (A slow piano Blues number.)

(7.) Leaping Christine (Another devastating fast Bluesy Number.)

(8.) Dust My Blues (An asskicking Blues Rocker.)

(9.) There's Always Work (A slow Blues number featuring the harmonica.)

(10.) The Same Way (A slow blistering Blues number featuring a great Peter Green solo.)

(11.) The Super-Natural (A beautiful slow number featuring an incredible Peter Green solo.)

NOTE: This song would singlehandedly influence Carlos Santana FOREVER!

(12.) Top Of The Hill (Another great Blues Rocker.)

(13.) Someday After A While (You'll Be Sorry) (An incredible slow Blues Rocker.)

(14.) Living Alone (A really good but different kind of slow Blues number.)

This Track line-up from the A HARD ROAD album would be the official 1967 release until a new Digitally Remastered 2-CD set version was re-released in 2003 with Bonus Tracks, A-B sided 45 RPM single releases and session outtakes. They are as follows:

DISC 1

(15.) Evil Woman Blues (From Raw Blues) (Slow Blues number feauring a great solo from Green.)

Tracks 16-19 are from the EP JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS with PAUL BUTTERFIELD.

(16.) All Of My Life (Another great slow Blues Rocker.)

(17.) Ridin' On The L & N (A fantastic fast Blues Rocker.)

(18.) Little By Little (An unbelievable slow Blues Rocker.)

(19.) Eagle Eye (A REAL asskicking slow Blues Rocker.)

DISC 2

(1.) Looking Back (Single, A-Side) (A blistering Blues Rocker that kicks ass.)

(2.) So Many Roads (Single, B-Side) (An ALL-OUT slow Blues number.)

(3.) Sitting In The Rain (Single, A-Side) (Another incredible slow Blues number.)

(4.) Out Of Reach (Single, B-Side) (A slow Blues number with a devastating Peter Green solo.)

(5.) Mama, Talk To Your Daughter (A HARD ROAD BLUES session outtake.) (A breathtaking

slow Blues number featuring a blistering Peter Green solo.)

(6.) Alabama Blues (A HARD ROAD BLUES session outtake.) (A smooth slow Blues number.)

(7.) Curly (Single, A-Side) (An asskickin' instrumental Blues Rocker with a breathtaking guitar

solo by Peter Green.)

(8.) Rubber Duck (Single, B-Side) (Another great fast Blues Rocker displaying Peter Green's

guitar talents and a great drum solo by Aynsley Dunbar.)

(9.) Greeny (Session outtake) (Great Blues number.)

(10.) Missing You (Session outtake) (Another great Blues Rocker.)

(11.) Please Don't Tell (Session outtake) (Another great asskickin' Blues Rocker.)

(12.) Your Funeral And My Trial (Session outtake) (Another fast Blues Rocker.)

(13.) Double Trouble (Single, A-Side) (A great slow Blues number featuring Mayall, Green,

McVie and Fleetwood for the first time.)

(14.) It Hurts Me So (Single, B-Side) (Another great slow Blues number that would feature

Mayall, Green, McVie and Fleetwood for the last time.)

(15.) Jenny (Single, B-Side) (Slow Blues number featuring only Mayall and Green.)

(16.) Picture On The Wall (Single, A-Side) (Another great slow Blues Number featuring Green,

Mayall and temporary drummer Keef Hartley.)

(17.) First Time Alone (From the BLUES FROM LAUREL CANYON album.) (Another great slow

Blues number featuring Mayall and Green with the addition of Mick Taylor (guitar),

Stephen Thompson (bass) and Colin Allen (drums.)

WOW! That was a lot of information. If there is something that I left out or didn't answer, please feel free to comment here on the thread. I realize that there is so much information including band personnel changes that has happened within John Mayall's band. I hope you enjoyed reading this new additional information as well as this thread. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Hope the week went well with all of you. I have the day off on this nice Halloween day or should I say Wholloween day. I still can't believe that our forum lost the Evster. I have learned so much from him as I'm sure that all of you have as well. I hope some day he comes back, now that would be special huh? I hope you're reading this Evster, I dedicate this thread to you!

I am deeply overwhelmed that many of you enjoyed reading my threads on ZEPPELIN as well as other bands. I have also enjoyed reading all of your threads on numerous topics resulting in me learning something different. I feel that as ZEPPELIN fanatics that many of us have so much in common but it is mainly ZEPPELIN that brings us all together in unity here on the ZEPPELIN forum. And because of this, we also have the responsibility as ZEPPELIN fans in keeping the ZEPPELIN legend and legacy alive as well as the memory of John Henry Bonham. Now, it is time for me to begin the thread.

I really enjoyed reading the "What's Your Favorite Guitarists Thread" that was started, written and submitted by fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic "leddy." All of our all-time greatest as well as our favorite Guitarist's names were brought up on this thread. However, there was one legendary Guitarist that was overlooked and forgotten on "leddy's" thread that I feel would be a good topic of discussion. It was also during this time that I was trying to decide on many topics to write about on my next thread. I feel that this legendary Guitarist and his band that I am going to write about is a great TRUE Rock n' Roll tale that would also prove fatal. The Guitarist's name is Mr. Peter Green and his legendary band I am talking about is none other than PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC. I have read two FLEETWOOD MAC thread's here on the forum, Any Mac Fans Thread and the Peter Green Thread. However, I feel that all of you need to know the TRUE and tragic story of FLEETWOOD MAC in order to appreciate the accomplishments and achievements of one Peter Green.

When you think of FLEETWOOD MAC today, you think of a very gifted American/British band comprising of two native California U.S.A. members named Lindsey Buckingham (Vocals and Guitar), the always beautiful Stevie Nicks (Vocals) and three fellow British members with two being the only original members left from the original PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC line-up. I'm talking about the beautiful Christine McVie (Vocals and Keyboards), her ex-husband and original member John McVie (Bassist) and original member Mick Fleetwood (Drums). With this legendary mid-1970's line-up, the new FLEETWOOD MAC would achieve more fame and fortune beyond their wildest dreams thus moving on to greater heights unimagined. It would also result in forgetting any accomplishments and achievements that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC did from 1967 to 1970. But what people don't realize is that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC had already laid down a great foundation by developing a reputation in the late 1960's and early 1970's for being one of the all-time greatest Hard Rock Blues bands ever.

PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC was originally born in London, England in 1967 comprising of Peter Green (Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), Jeremy Spencer (Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), Danny Kirwan (He would join the band later as the third Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), John McVie (Bassist) and Mick Fleetwood (Drums). This original legendary line-up would truly kick ass with Rock n' Roll in more ways than one and at the same time, give you some of the greatest Blues Rock music moments that you have ever heard in your life. PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC'S early beginnings would be traced all the way back to another great legendary 1960's Blues band. JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS would solely be responsible for bringing together Peter Green, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood in his band.

PETER GREEN will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history as being one of the greatest guitarists ever yet a forgotten Guitarist that got lost somewhere in time in Rock n' Roll history. In Green's prime, in my opinion, I would rank him up there with Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page easily. However, his decision to quit FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970 during the height of their popularity and disappear from the Rock n' Roll world would prove to be fatal on his part making it one of Rock's all-time greatest tragedy stories ever. It would be during the beginning years of FLEETWOOD MAC from 1967 to 1970 that Peter Green would gain a worldwide reputation by quickly establishing himself as one of the all-time Greatest Guitarist's ever. In my opinion, Peter Green, in his prime, was the ONLY Guitarist that ever dared to challenge Jimi Hendrix for his prestigious worldwide crown as THE GREATEST GUITARIST OF ALL-TIME. Green's guitar styles are similar to that of Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page and David Gilmour. However, Green's high pitched guitar sound would influence another great guitar legend named Carlos Santana thus making Green's sound his trademark that would last to this very day.

Peter Green also wrote some of Rock's all-time greatest songs ever that would gain more fame by being trademark songs for other great legendary bands. SANTANA immortalized Green's "Black Magic Woman" as AEROSMITH did with "Rattlesnake Shake" and JUDAS PRIEST with Green's legendary masterpiece "The Green Manalishi (With The Two Prong Crown)."

There are so many albums that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC has recorded from 1967 to 1970 that remained unreleased for many years UNTIL NOW. There are also some great new CD collections that make up for all of those years that the early MAC'S albums were unreleased. For the new and curious beginner, I would highly recommend the blistering 2-CD set entitled PETER GREEN, MAN OF THE WORLD, THE ANTHOLOGY 1968-1988. This collection contains the majority of Green's best work including his years with JOHN MAYALL and FLEETWOOD MAC. I also highly recommend the blistering 2-CD set of A HARD ROAD by JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS as well as THEN PLAY ON by FLEETWOOD MAC. As for the new collections, I highly recommend the incredible 2-CD set entitled PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE BBC, the 2-CD set of THE VAUDEVILLE YEARS OF FLEETWOOD MAC 1968 TO 1970, FLEETWOOD MAC, SHOW-BIZ BLUES 1968 TO 1970 VOLUME 2 and the 6-CD set of FLEETWOOD MAC, THE COMPLETE BLUE HORIZON SESSIONS 1967-1969. I guarantee you that you will have heard everything there is on PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC if you purchase everything that I have mentioned on this thread.

There are not many great sounding live quality albums of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC let alone on CD. But that would change in the 1990's. There would be bad sound quality live shows of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE MARQUEE and LIVE IN LONDON 1968 released on CD. However, in 1998, FLEETWOOD MAC'S BLISTERING ASS KICKING live shows at The Boston Tea Party are legendary in the sense that in my opinion, they are only one of two shows that capture Peter Green at his ABSOLUTE BEST! You are probably asking yourself, "why didn't FLEETWOOD MAC release a live album of THE BOSTON TEA PARTY shows in 1970?" The truth is, these shows were being recorded live for a future release but with Green's departure from FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970, the tapes were shelved indefinitely. The sound quality of the BOSTON TEA PARTY bootlegs that were available and sold in the 1980's and 1990's were absolutely awful and did FLEETWOOD MAC'S blistering and devastating live performances at the BOSTON TEA PARTY no justice at all. In 1998, Snapper Music would find the original 8-Track master tapes and Digitally Remaster and Remix them using today's updated studio technology process. Now, we can finally listen to these three part separate CD sets of the live BOSTON TEA PARTY shows for ourselves in great sounding quality as it was originally truly intended to be heard and be blown away with TOTAL DISBELIEF! These shows will definitely blow your mind away! You have to hear these 3-CD's in three parts to believe it. The other live show I am talking about is the single CD entitled FLEETWOOD MAC, SHRINE '69. This is another great live show with great sound quality.

As for Peter Green today, he is NO WHERE near the great guitarist he once was. After putting down the guitar and not playing it for years along with his failing health, his playing talent deminished. If you ever get a chance, check out the 2003 DVD entitled AN EVENING WITH PETER GREEN SPLINTER GROUP IN CONCERT. See it for yourself.

I hope I didn't talk your ears off. I hope you enjoyed reading my thread. Please comment on it whether it is a positive or negative one. I appreciate true honesty. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics and FLEETWOOD MAC fans? I know that there are many more FLEETWOOD MAC fans out there, I'd like to hear what all of you have to say about this great legendary band. This thread covers from 1967 to the present so we can talk about all FLEETWOOD MAC years which includes the current FLEETWOOD MAC line-up. This is your thread also. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

Don't care for Mac outside of Peter Green. Sure some of the songs sound the same with Peter Green, but I do love my blues rock. Plus, I can't stand Go Your Own Way and Don't Stop. End of story.

How's it going "DoubleNecker?" We need to get people more familiar with the Peter Green Era, don't you agree? ROCK ON!

Peter Green was a pretty great blues guitarist before he went crazy. His work with Mayall is pretty great too.

Then Play On is probably the best other than Mr. Wonderful, for me anyways.

How's it going again "DoubleNecker?" I mean no disrespect in any way to the new and more familiar line-up of FLEETWOOD MAC consisting of Nicks, Buckingham, Christine McVie, John McVie and Fleetwood. Thats why I feel that it is my duty as well as my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics to get the new FLEETWOOD MAC fans more familiar with the Peter Green era. The Green era not only Rocked out with their Hard Rock Blues music, but they influenced many other great legendary bands including the recent FLEETWOOD MAC line-up. If you really want to hear the foundation of what the early FLEETWOOD MAC REALLY sounded like, listen to the Green era from 1967 to 1970 including the John Mayall moments from 1967 before FLEETWOOD MAC was born. ROCK ON!

How's it going again "DoubleNecker?" I mean no disrespect in any way to the new and more familiar line-up of FLEETWOOD MAC consisting of Nicks, Buckingham, Christine McVie, John McVie and Fleetwood. Thats why I feel that it is my duty as well as my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics to get the new FLEETWOOD MAC fans more familiar with the Peter Green era. The Green era not only Rocked out with their Hard Rock Blues music, but they influenced many other great legendary bands including the recent FLEETWOOD MAC line-up. If you really want to hear the foundation of what the early FLEETWOOD MAC REALLY sounded like, listen to the Green era from 1967 to 1970 including the John Mayall moments from 1967 before FLEETWOOD MAC was born. ROCK ON!

Well, I've already heard the Peter Green era albums. That's why I said it. :P

Well, I've already heard the Peter Green era albums. That's why I said it. :P

How's it going "DoubleNecker?" I'm sorry, my fault. You misunderstood me. I am referring in my comment to you to all of the many new FLEETWOOD MAC fans that are not familiar with the Peter Green era from 1967 to 1970. I should have addressed my comment to all of the new FLEETWOOD MAC fans. I realize that you are a hard core Peter Green fanatic as I am. My bad! ROCK ON!

How's it going "DoubleNecker?" I'm sorry, my fault. You misunderstood me. I am referring in my comment to you to all of the many new FLEETWOOD MAC fans that are not familiar with the Peter Green era from 1967 to 1970. I should have addressed my comment to all of the new FLEETWOOD MAC fans. I realize that you are a hard core Peter Green fanatic as I am. My bad! ROCK ON!

Well, not really. Of the three legendary guitarists for Mayall, I'm a Clapton man the most. Taylor is second, then Green.

Well, not really. Of the three legendary guitarists for Mayall, I'm a Clapton man the most. Taylor is second, then Green.

How's it going "DoubleNecker?" I love Clapton also but Green is my favorite out of the three guitarists that you mentioned. You have to admit "DoubleNecker," Peter Green was better out of the three. (No disrespect to Eric Clapton or Mick Taylor.) I take it that you have heard the Boston Tea Party shows from 1970 on CD? Listen to those shows and you'll believe that Green was better than Clapton and Taylor. ROCK ON!

• 4 weeks later...

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN & FLEETWOOD MAC fanatics? I hope today treated all of you well. I know that this is kind of last minute so here it is.

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, 3 DECEMBER 2008 - FLEETWOOD MAC announced that they would be embarking on their first concert tour in 5 years beginning on 1 March 2009 at Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena and will include all of the MAC'S many greatest hits from over the course of one of Rock's most enduring and influential bands of all time. If you wish to check on the many more cities and tour dates, perhaps a city near you, please log into the FLEETWOOD MAC website. It will be there that you will be able to find any additional information or tour dates that you might need. WELCOME BACK FLEETWOOD MAC! ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN & FLEETWOOD MAC fanatics? I hope today treated all of you well. I know that this is kind of last minute so here it is.

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, 3 DECEMBER 2008 - FLEETWOOD MAC announced that they would be embarking on their first concert tour in 5 years beginning on 1 March 2009 at Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena and will include all of the MAC'S many greatest hits from over the course of one of Rock's most enduring and influential bands of all time. If you wish to check on the many more cities and tour dates, perhaps a city near you, please log into the FLEETWOOD MAC website. It will be there that you will be able to find any additional information or tour dates that you might need. WELCOME BACK FLEETWOOD MAC! ROCK ON!

The last great album by Fleetwood Mac was Then Play On.

Closing My Eyes

How's it going "Swede?" THEN PLAY ON from 1970 is one hell of an album. Too bad that it would be Peter Green's farewell album and swan song with FLEETWOOD MAC. Danny Kirwan didn't do too bad after Peter Green left. Kirwan definitely learned a lot on guitar from Green and it showed. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Swede?" THEN PLAY ON from 1970 is one hell of an album. Too bad that it would be Peter Green's farewell album and swan song with FLEETWOOD MAC. Danny Kirwan didn't do too bad after Peter Green left. Kirwan definitely learned a lot on guitar from Green and it showed. ROCK ON!

Fine thanks, how's it goin at yours?

You're correct, Kirwan did fine too. He sure was a great guitarist.