THE FLEETWOOD MAC THREAD

ZeppFanForever

Thanks ZFF Looking forward to what you find out, maybe i'll take some photo's for you.

Regards, Danny

How's it going "BIGDAN" A.K.A. Danny? I did some real deep research on this and after reading through three PETER GREEN biographies, I came up with one address. According to the book entitled PETER GREEN, THE AUTHORISED BIOGRAPHY by Martin Celmins, 27 Bullen House, off the Mile End Road on the London East End neighborhood of Bethnal Green's Collingford Street is where Peter Green was born on 29 October 1946. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

How's it going "BIGDAN" A.K.A. Danny? I did some real deep research on this and after reading through three PETER GREEN biographies, I came up with one address. According to the book entitled PETER GREEN, THE AUTHORISED BIOGRAPHY by Martin Celmins, 27 Bullen House, off the Mile End Road on the London East End neighborhood of Bethnal Green's Collingford Street is where Peter Green was born on 29 October 1946. ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I have some VERY interesting news concerning PETER GREEN to share with all of you.

According to PETER GREEN'S Biography at www.fmlegacy.com/Bios/biopeter.html, 2009 has brought the great news that PETER GREEN is healthy once again and is playing the guitar with more passion than ever. In fact, PETER has started 2009 off by playing a handful of dates in Belgium and Holland along with some of his musician friends. It is great to hear of this "new beginning" for this legendary revered genius of FLEETWOOD MAC. I will keep all of you posted as to the progress of PETER'S Tour. If any of you hear anything new on PETER GREEN, please post the information on this thread immediately, I would deeply appreciate it. I wish PETER the very best in whatever he decides to do. ROCK ON!

Hi 'ZeppFanForever'

Houston we have lift off, Peter Green was born at, 27 Bullen House, Collingwood Street, Whitechapel, London E1, Bethnal Green being London E2, but still close.

PeterGreensHome1.jpg

PeterGreensHome2.jpg

In the second picture by the "Red B" well thats where I first lived, Royston St E2, not too far from Peter Green's home, sorry but I dont know him and as far as I know we never met, shame, but still all good news for you mate.

Regards, Danny

Hi 'ZeppFanForever'

Houston we have lift off, Peter Green was born at, 27 Bullen House, Collingwood Street, Whitechapel, London E1, Bethnal Green being London E2, but still close.

PeterGreensHome1.jpg

PeterGreensHome2.jpg

In the second picture by the "Red B" well thats where I first lived, Royston St E2, not too far from Peter Green's home, sorry but I dont know him and as far as I know we never met, shame, but still all good news for you mate.

Regards, Danny

How's it going "BIGDAN" A.K.A. Danny? That is so cool that you lived near where PETER GREEN grew up. What do you think of the 2009 info that I posted here on the thread about PETER GREEN'S 2009 Tour? I am so glad that PETER GREEN is fighting his inner demons and is winning by continuing in playing his guitar and touring. Other than my personal friend BRIAN WILSON, PETER GREEN is another miracle in Rock n' Roll history. ROCK ON!

How's it going "BIGDAN" A.K.A. Danny? That is so cool that you lived near where PETER GREEN grew up. What do you think of the 2009 info that I posted here on the thread about PETER GREEN'S 2009 Tour? I am so glad that PETER GREEN is fighting his inner demons and is winning by continuing in playing his guitar and touring. Other than my personal friend BRIAN WILSON, PETER GREEN is another miracle in Rock n' Roll history. ROCK ON!

Hi 'ZeppFanForever'

Only too pleased to have been of help, and its great news that he will be touring this year, lets hope his health stays good, here's too him. :beer: And too you mate. :beer:

Regards, Danny

Hi 'ZeppFanForever'

Only too pleased to have been of help, and its great news that he will be touring this year, lets hope his health stays good, here's too him. :beer: And too you mate. :beer:

Regards, Danny

How's it going again Danny? You're very welcome my friend. I already included your name in my friends list. I promise to toast a strong drink to you at the local pub in an hour from now. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Hiya beatbo, thanks, I always enjoy reading your posts! I have never seen Peter live and I got really excited hearing he was out playing again. I really hope he will do a couple of gigs in Sweden or UK in a near future. I will go without hesitation.

excellent thread, ZFF! thanks for the news on peter green 2009, i'll keep tuned in for that one. thanks to bigdan and swede for their always spot on input....

How's it going "beatbo" my buddy? I hope all is well with you and your girlfriend. You're very welcome my friend, that's what friends are for. I totally agree, "BIGDAN" and "Swede" are very knowledgeable people and really know their shit when it comes to Rock n' Roll. ROCK ON!

Hiya beatbo, thanks, I always enjoy reading your posts! I have never seen Peter live and I got really excited hearing he was out playing again. I really hope he will do a couple of gigs in Sweden or UK in a near future. I will go without hesitation.

How's it going "Swede?" Long time no hear. Those 12 hour days can really take a toll on you after a while but hopefully it will be ending sometime in the near future. How's it going up in Sweden? I would love to see Peter Green live myself, hopefully he will perform a few gigs here in the U.S. Take care of yourself and ROCK ON!

• 2 weeks later...
How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Hope the week went well with all of you. I have the day off on this nice Halloween day or should I say Wholloween day. I still can't believe that our forum lost the Evster. I have learned so much from him as I'm sure that all of you have as well. I hope some day he comes back, now that would be special huh? I hope you're reading this Evster, I dedicate this thread to you!

I am deeply overwhelmed that many of you enjoyed reading my threads on ZEPPELIN as well as other bands. I have also enjoyed reading all of your threads on numerous topics resulting in me learning something different. I feel that as ZEPPELIN fanatics that many of us have so much in common but it is mainly ZEPPELIN that brings us all together in unity here on the ZEPPELIN forum. And because of this, we also have the responsibility as ZEPPELIN fans in keeping the ZEPPELIN legend and legacy alive as well as the memory of John Henry Bonham. Now, it is time for me to begin the thread.

I really enjoyed reading the "What's Your Favorite Guitarists Thread" that was started, written and submitted by fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic "leddy." All of our all-time greatest as well as our favorite Guitarist's names were brought up on this thread. However, there was one legendary Guitarist that was overlooked and forgotten on "leddy's" thread that I feel would be a good topic of discussion. It was also during this time that I was trying to decide on many topics to write about on my next thread. I feel that this legendary Guitarist and his band that I am going to write about is a great TRUE Rock n' Roll tale that would also prove fatal. The Guitarist's name is Mr. Peter Green and his legendary band I am talking about is none other than PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC. I have read two FLEETWOOD MAC thread's here on the forum, Any Mac Fans Thread and the Peter Green Thread. However, I feel that all of you need to know the TRUE and tragic story of FLEETWOOD MAC in order to appreciate the accomplishments and achievements of one Peter Green.

When you think of FLEETWOOD MAC today, you think of a very gifted American/British band comprising of two native California U.S.A. members named Lindsey Buckingham (Vocals and Guitar), the always beautiful Stevie Nicks (Vocals) and three fellow British members with two being the only original members left from the original PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC line-up. I'm talking about the beautiful Christine McVie (Vocals and Keyboards), her ex-husband and original member John McVie (Bassist) and original member Mick Fleetwood (Drums). With this legendary mid-1970's line-up, the new FLEETWOOD MAC would achieve more fame and fortune beyond their wildest dreams thus moving on to greater heights unimagined. It would also result in forgetting any accomplishments and achievements that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC did from 1967 to 1970. But what people don't realize is that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC had already laid down a great foundation by developing a reputation in the late 1960's and early 1970's for being one of the all-time greatest Hard Rock Blues bands ever.

PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC was originally born in London, England in 1967 comprising of Peter Green (Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), Jeremy Spencer (Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), Danny Kirwan (He would join the band later as the third Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), John McVie (Bassist) and Mick Fleetwood (Drums). This original legendary line-up would truly kick ass with Rock n' Roll in more ways than one and at the same time, give you some of the greatest Blues Rock music moments that you have ever heard in your life. PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC'S early beginnings would be traced all the way back to another great legendary 1960's Blues band. JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS would solely be responsible for bringing together Peter Green, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood in his band.

PETER GREEN will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history as being one of the greatest guitarists ever yet a forgotten Guitarist that got lost somewhere in time in Rock n' Roll history. In Green's prime, in my opinion, I would rank him up there with Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page easily. However, his decision to quit FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970 during the height of their popularity and disappear from the Rock n' Roll world would prove to be fatal on his part making it one of Rock's all-time greatest tragedy stories ever. It would be during the beginning years of FLEETWOOD MAC from 1967 to 1970 that Peter Green would gain a worldwide reputation by quickly establishing himself as one of the all-time Greatest Guitarist's ever. In my opinion, Peter Green, in his prime, was the ONLY Guitarist that ever dared to challenge Jimi Hendrix for his prestigious worldwide crown as THE GREATEST GUITARIST OF ALL-TIME. Green's guitar styles are similar to that of Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page and David Gilmour. However, Green's high pitched guitar sound would influence another great guitar legend named Carlos Santana thus making Green's sound his trademark that would last to this very day.

Peter Green also wrote some of Rock's all-time greatest songs ever that would gain more fame by being trademark songs for other great legendary bands. SANTANA immortalized Green's "Black Magic Woman" as AEROSMITH did with "Rattlesnake Shake" and JUDAS PRIEST with Green's legendary masterpiece "The Green Manalishi (With The Two Prong Crown)."

There are so many albums that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC has recorded from 1967 to 1970 that remained unreleased for many years UNTIL NOW. There are also some great new CD collections that make up for all of those years that the early MAC'S albums were unreleased. For the new and curious beginner, I would highly recommend the blistering 2-CD set entitled PETER GREEN, MAN OF THE WORLD, THE ANTHOLOGY 1968-1988. This collection contains the majority of Green's best work including his years with JOHN MAYALL and FLEETWOOD MAC. I also highly recommend the blistering 2-CD set of A HARD ROAD by JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS as well as THEN PLAY ON by FLEETWOOD MAC. As for the new collections, I highly recommend the incredible 2-CD set entitled PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE BBC, the 2-CD set of THE VAUDEVILLE YEARS OF FLEETWOOD MAC 1968 TO 1970, FLEETWOOD MAC, SHOW-BIZ BLUES 1968 TO 1970 VOLUME 2 and the 6-CD set of FLEETWOOD MAC, THE COMPLETE BLUE HORIZON SESSIONS 1967-1969. I guarantee you that you will have heard everything there is on PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC if you purchase everything that I have mentioned on this thread.

There are not many great sounding live quality albums of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC let alone on CD. But that would change in the 1990's. There would be bad sound quality live shows of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE MARQUEE and LIVE IN LONDON 1968 released on CD. However, in 1998, FLEETWOOD MAC'S BLISTERING ASS KICKING live shows at The Boston Tea Party are legendary in the sense that in my opinion, they are only one of two shows that capture Peter Green at his ABSOLUTE BEST! You are probably asking yourself, "why didn't FLEETWOOD MAC release a live album of THE BOSTON TEA PARTY shows in 1970?" The truth is, these shows were being recorded live for a future release but with Green's departure from FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970, the tapes were shelved indefinitely. The sound quality of the BOSTON TEA PARTY bootlegs that were available and sold in the 1980's and 1990's were absolutely awful and did FLEETWOOD MAC'S blistering and devastating live performances at the BOSTON TEA PARTY no justice at all. In 1998, Snapper Music would find the original 8-Track master tapes and Digitally Remaster and Remix them using today's updated studio technology process. Now, we can finally listen to these three part separate CD sets of the live BOSTON TEA PARTY shows for ourselves in great sounding quality as it was originally truly intended to be heard and be blown away with TOTAL DISBELIEF! These shows will definitely blow your mind away! You have to hear these 3-CD's in three parts to believe it. The other live show I am talking about is the single CD entitled FLEETWOOD MAC, SHRINE '69. This is another great live show with great sound quality.

As for Peter Green today, he is NO WHERE near the great guitarist he once was. After putting down the guitar and not playing it for years along with his failing health, his playing talent deminished. If you ever get a chance, check out the 2003 DVD entitled AN EVENING WITH PETER GREEN SPLINTER GROUP IN CONCERT. See it for yourself.

I hope I didn't talk your ears off. I hope you enjoyed reading my thread. Please comment on it whether it is a positive or negative one. I appreciate true honesty. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope all is well with all of you especially you "Dzldoc!" I'm going to interrupt my regular thread to make a big announcement. I just spoke with my good friend Rick Barrett, I know many of you know who Rick Barrett is. In case many of you do not know, Rick Barrett is the BIGGEST authority on LED ZEPPELIN memorabilia in the entire world. Rick is going to be joining our family as a member of the LED ZEPPELIN Forum. Lets all make him feel welcome when he joins, I feel confident that we can all learn a lot from Rick when it comes to LED ZEPPELIN. I will also be writing a big article here on the famous RUMOURS album that FLEETWOOD MAC recorded in the 1970's. As we all well know, RUMOURS is one of the Top 100 greatest albums ever recorded and this legendary album has a long history and a long story behind it. I am looking forward to Rick joining the Forum and telling the real story of FLEETWOOD MAC'S RUMOURS album to all of you. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope all is well with all of you especially you "Dzldoc!" I'm going to interrupt my regular thread to make a big announcement. I just spoke with my good friend Rick Barrett, I know many of you know who Rick Barrett is. In case many of you do not know, Rick Barrett is the BIGGEST authority on LED ZEPPELIN memorabilia in the entire world. Rick is going to be joining our family as a member of the LED ZEPPELIN Forum. Lets all make him feel welcome when he joins, I feel confident that we can all learn a lot from Rick when it comes to LED ZEPPELIN. I will also be writing a big article here on the famous RUMOURS album that FLEETWOOD MAC recorded in the 1970's. As we all well know, RUMOURS is one of the Top 100 greatest albums ever recorded and this legendary album has a long history and a long story behind it. I am looking forward to Rick joining the Forum and telling the real story of FLEETWOOD MAC'S RUMOURS album to all of you. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I will be telling all of you the real story behind the legendary RUMOURS album this weekend. I would like to begin the RUMOURS album with a PRE-RUMOURS album setting. "Dzldoc," if you're reading this, I dedicate this post to you.

RUMOURS was recorded and released in 1977 during the worst time in Stevie Nicks', Lindsey Buckingham's, John McVie's, Christine McVie's and Mick Fleetwood's lives. John & Christine McVie divorced and Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks were going through a painful breakup. Mick fleetwood will have already been divorced a few years from Jenny Boyd (Patti Boyd Harrison's sister). Despite all of the pain that was evidently tearing FLEETWOOD MAC apart, the band members dug deep within themselves and delivered one of Rock's Top 100 ALL-TIME GREATEST ALBUMS ever! There were many great songs on the RUMOURS album which included "Dreams," "Don't Stop," "You Make Loving Fun" and "The Chain" to name a few. However, if I had to choose my favorite song on the RUMOURS album, it would definitely have to be "Songbird" which was composed by Christine McVie.

The story of "Songbird" came about after the other band members left the studio for the day and Christine chose to stay behind and finish the song that she was writing. I spoke with Christine McVie one on one personally in the early 1980's concerning this song and she had this to add:

"I wrote this song as a message, a plea and a Prayer to John, Lindsey, Stevie and Mick. I had just gone through a painful divorce with John and Lindsey had just broken up with Stevie. These times were the most painful times in all of our lives and I felt that the band was about to split up and go their separate ways. As a result, I wrote this song from my heart. "

So with just Christine and a piano, Christine would deliver one of the most powerful vocal performances and arrangements ever and it would be recorded onto tape for the RUMOURS album. It is the last song on the RUMOURS album. In my opinion, "Songbird" was the most appropriate way to end the RUMOURS album. Here are the lyrics to the Christine McVie composition released on the 1977 RUMOURS album entitled quite simply, "Songbird."

SONGBIRD

Music & Lyrics by Christine McVie

For you, There'll be no more crying

For you, The sun will be shining

And I feel that when I'm with you

It's alright, I know it's right

To you, I'll give the world

To you, I'll never be cold

'Cause I feel that when I'm with you

And the songbirds are singing

Like they know the score

And I love you, I love you, I love you

Like never before

And I wish you all the love in the world

But most of all, I wish it from myself

And the songbirds keep singing

Like they know the score

Like never before

Like never before

Like never before

ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I will be telling all of you the real story behind the legendary RUMOURS album this weekend. I would like to begin the RUMOURS album with a PRE-RUMOURS album setting. "Dzldoc," if you're reading this, I dedicate this post to you.

RUMOURS was recorded and released in 1977 during the worst time in Stevie Nicks', Lindsey Buckingham's, John McVie's, Christine McVie's and Mick Fleetwood's lives. John & Christine McVie divorced and Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks were going through a painful breakup. Mick fleetwood will have already been divorced a few years from Jenny Boyd (Patti Boyd Harrison's sister). Despite all of the pain that was evidently tearing FLEETWOOD MAC apart, the band members dug deep within themselves and delivered one of Rock's Top 100 ALL-TIME GREATEST ALBUMS ever! There were many great songs on the RUMOURS album which included "Dreams," "Don't Stop," "You Make Loving Fun" and "The Chain" to name a few. However, if I had to choose my favorite song on the RUMOURS album, it would definitely have to be "Songbird" which was composed by Christine McVie.

The story of "Songbird" came about after the other band members left the studio for the day and Christine chose to stay behind and finish the song that she was writing. I spoke with Christine McVie one on one personally in the early 1980's concerning this song and she had this to add:

"I wrote this song as a message, a plea and a Prayer to John, Lindsey, Stevie and Mick. I had just gone through a painful divorce with John and Lindsey had just broken up with Stevie. These times were the most painful times in all of our lives and I felt that the band was about to split up and go their separate ways. As a result, I wrote this song from my heart. "

So with just Christine and a piano, Christine would deliver one of the most powerful vocal performances and arrangements ever and it would be recorded onto tape for the RUMOURS album. It is the last song on the RUMOURS album. In my opinion, "Songbird" was the most appropriate way to end the RUMOURS album. Here are the lyrics to the Christine McVie composition released on the 1977 RUMOURS album entitled quite simply, "Songbird."

SONGBIRD

Like they know the score

Like never before

Like they know the score

Like never before

Like never before

Like never before

ROCK ON!

excellent song. she will be missed (again) from the coming tour.....

excellent song. she will be missed (again) from the coming tour.....

How's it going "beatbo" my buddy? What's happening? "Songbird" is a very beautiful song isn't it? I get choked up everytime I hear that song. I think that you talked about Rick Barrett one time on the Forum didn't you? I know Rick Barrett myself and I truly believe that I talked him into joining the LED ZEPPELIN Forum. Rick tolded me that he was going to join the Forum and let me know if he needed any help joining. Its going to be great having the biggest authority on LED ZEPPELIN memorabilia in the ENTIRE world here on the Forum. It'll also be great for me to head back to your hometown which is Biloxi, Mississippi. I'm looking forward to visiting your town again. ROCK ON!

^^ Nice story there.

When I was in my early teens I was heavy into blues and hard rock. I was crazy about Peter Green and Fleetwood Mac which I had just discovered among my dad's records. I went to a flea market and found Rumours. WOW, a Fleetwood Mac album, this must be great I thought. When I got home and put it on the turntable, MAN WHAT A DISAPOINTMENT!! This is no blues, where the hell is Peter Green?!?! I never played that record again. :D

I'm sure I would appreciate Rumours in other ways today then I did back then. Though I still think the later incarnations of Fleetwood Mac is a bit too slick and poppy for my taste.

^^ Nice story there.

When I was in my early teens I was heavy into blues and hard rock. I was crazy about Peter Green and Fleetwood Mac which I had just discovered among my dad's records. I went to a flea market and found Rumours. WOW, a Fleetwood Mac album, this must be great I thought. When I got home and put it on the turntable, MAN WHAT A DISAPOINTMENT!! This is no blues, where the hell is Peter Green?!?! I never played that record again. :D

I'm sure I would appreciate Rumours in other ways today then I did back then. Though I still think the later incarnations of Fleetwood Mac is a bit too slick and poppy for my taste.

How's it going "Swede" my buddy? Long time no hear. How's it going in Sweden? I figured that I would hear from you on this one. I realize that the both of us are really into the Blues and into the Peter Green era. And because of this, I really felt that I owed something to the RUMOURS album and the new 1970's FLEETWOOD MAC line-up consisting of Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood. I was kind of disappointed when I heard the RUMOURS album for the first time and heard no Blues. But in their own way, the new line-up had to establish their own identity and record their own sound that was separate from the original Blues Rock sound formula. With the 1977 RUMOURS album, the NEW FLEETWOOD MAC did just that and would leave their mark in Rock history because of it. This move would result in recording one of Rock's Top 100 ALL-TIME GREATEST ALBUMS EVER! This move would also produce one of Rock's reigning Queen's of Rock n' Roll, Stevie Nicks. For myself, personally, it took me into the 1980's to really appreciate the new line-up of FLEETWOOD MAC. Then again, I met all of them through my late great friend, BEACH BOYS Drummer Dennis Wilson in 1981 and because of him, I really fell in love with the new FLEETWOOD MAC line-up and their music. My friendship has lasted with some of them up to this very day. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Swede" my buddy? Long time no hear. How's it going in Sweden? I figured that I would hear from you on this one. I realize that the both of us are really into the Blues and into the Peter Green era. And because of this, I really felt that I owed something to the RUMOURS album and the new 1970's FLEETWOOD MAC line-up consisting of Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood. I was kind of disappointed when I heard the RUMOURS album for the first time and heard no Blues. But in their own way, the new line-up had to establish their own identity and record their own sound that was separate from the original Blues Rock sound formula. With the 1977 RUMOURS album, the NEW FLEETWOOD MAC did just that and would leave their mark in Rock history because of it. This move would result in recording one of Rock's Top 100 ALL-TIME GREATEST ALBUMS EVER! This move would also produce one of Rock's reigning Queen's of Rock n' Roll, Stevie Nicks. For myself, personally, it took me into the 1980's to really appreciate the new line-up of FLEETWOOD MAC. Then again, I met all of them through my late great friend, BEACH BOYS Drummer Dennis Wilson in 1981 and because of him, I really fell in love with the new FLEETWOOD MAC line-up and their music. My friendship has lasted with some of them up to this very day. ROCK ON!

Thanks, everything's fine over here, though I am in Glasgow for the moment! :D Hope you're doin' just fine too!

I suppose I should give them a chance by listen to them a bit more. I do like Bare Trees for example, which really differs from the Green era of Fleetwood Mac. Also, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie is one of my all time favourite rhythm sections. Few can create the groove those guys did together! It's cool that you got the chance to meet them!

Cheers mate!

Thanks, everything's fine over here, though I am in Glasgow for the moment! :D Hope you're doin' just fine too!

I suppose I should give them a chance by listen to them a bit more. I do like Bare Trees for example, which really differs from the Green era of Fleetwood Mac. Also, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie is one of my all time favourite rhythm sections. Few can create the groove those guys did together! It's cool that you got the chance to meet them!

Cheers mate!

How's it going "Swede?" I really do appreciate the RUMOURS album from 1977 and the 1970's FLEETWOOD MAC line-up even more now than back in the day. RUMOURS remains one of my all-time favorite albums ever. The Rhythm section of Fleetwood and McVie remains as one of the finest backbone music innovators of all-time other than Jones/Bonham. I feel very fortunate to have met FLEETWOOD MAC, conversed with them and partied with them. To be truthful with you, I am very fortunate and lucky to have survived those times. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

SONGBIRD

Like they know the score

Like never before

Like they know the score

Like never before

Like never before

Like never before

ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope that the weekend is treating all of you well. I am pretty busy today but I always manage to find time to come back home here on the Forum and converse with all of you. I will be writing the story of FLEETWOOD MAC'S legendary RUMOURS album from 1977 either today or tomorrow but it will be done this weekend without fail. Here are some stats as to how influential the RUMOURS album was to Rock n' Roll as follows:

Included in Vibe's 100 Essential Albums of the 20th Century and one of the best albums of the 1970's.

Included in Q Magazine's best relationship albums of all-time. RUMOURS tells the soap opera story of 2 splits: John and Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham & Stevie Nicks.

Included in Q Magazine's 100 Greatest Albums ever.

Ranked #4 in Rolling Stone Magazine's Women in Rock: the 50 all-time greatest essential albums ever.

RUMOURS won the Grammy Award for Best Album of the Year in 1977.

RANKED #25 IN ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE'S 500 ALL-TIME GREATEST ALBUMS EVER!

What does that tell you about the RUMOURS album? Have a great day and ROCK ON!

How's it going again Danny? You're very welcome my friend. I already included your name in my friends list. I promise to toast a strong drink to you at the local pub in an hour from now. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Hi 'ZeppFanForever'

As i promised, and at great expence and danger to myself. :lol: I took a stroll up Collingwood Street Whitechaple E1, and i found this, 27 Bullen House still there, so i disguised myself as a local (Taliban Outfit) and took some snaps for your Album, hope you like them.

BullenHouse01.jpg

27 Bullen House is on the 2nd Floor, Brown Door above the White Door.

BullenHouse03.jpg

BullenHouse02.jpg

DukeofWellington.jpg

This one is the Duke of Wellington Pub where "Chas and Dave" used to play on a Saturday night in the 60s.

BackWall.jpg

And this is all that is left of my back wall where we backed on to the Duke of Wellington Pub and i was able to hear "Chas and Dave" every time they played, and it was for free, yippee, and i dont remember a thing about it, lucky me.

Hope you all enjoy these extreamly rare photo's of my past, and of course the block of flats where Peter Green first lived, Enjoy.

Regards, Danny

Hi 'ZeppFanForever'

As i promised, and at great expence and danger to myself. :lol: I took a stroll up Collingwood Street Whitechaple E1, and i found this, 27 Bullen House still there, so i disguised myself as a local (Taliban Outfit) and took some snaps for your Album, hope you like them.

BullenHouse01.jpg

27 Bullen House is on the 2nd Floor, Brown Door above the White Door.

BullenHouse03.jpg

BullenHouse02.jpg

DukeofWellington.jpg

This one is the Duke of Wellington Pub where "Chas and Dave" used to play on a Saturday night in the 60s.

BackWall.jpg

And this is all that is left of my back wall where we backed on to the Duke of Wellington Pub and i was able to hear "Chas and Dave" every time they played, and it was for free, yippee, and i dont remember a thing about it, lucky me.

Hope you all enjoy these extreamly rare photo's of my past, and of course the block of flats where Peter Green first lived, Enjoy.

Regards, Danny

How's it going "BIGDAN" A.K.A. Danny? I LOVE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS! Danny, do you realize that these pictures are part of Rock n' Roll history? OH MY GOD!!!!! These are great pictures man! I cannot believe that I am looking at the picture of 27 Bullen House where Peter Green lived and grew up. That is a trip! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THESE PHOTOGRAPHS. ROCK ON my friend!

How's it going "BIGDAN" A.K.A. Danny? I LOVE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS! Danny, do you realize that these pictures are part of Rock n' Roll history? OH MY GOD!!!!! These are great pictures man! I cannot believe that I am looking at the picture of 27 Bullen House where Peter Green lived and grew up. That is a trip! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THESE PHOTOGRAPHS. ROCK ON my friend!

Hi 'ZeppFanForever'

The pleasure is all mine friend, to have seen your face when you first saw them would have been a picture for my album. :beer:

But you said nothing of my local Pub and the fact that "Chas and Dave" the Greatest Rock n Rollers in East Londons History cut their trademark style in there, what you not a fan?

Rabbit.

Gertcha.

London Girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHSQhPiOSCU...feature=related

Aint no pleasing you.

Margate.

And my favourite, The Sideboard Song.

Anyone remember these guys at Knebworth 4th August 1979, if the Great Led Zeppelin had not topped the bill that day these boy surely would have. :lol:

After seeing these videos, dont you just wish you had been born in East London and been a "True Cockney" ? Look at all the Kneesup's you have missed.

Have fun 'ZeppFanForever' and Kind Regards, Danny

Hi 'ZeppFanForever'

The pleasure is all mine friend, to have seen your face when you first saw them would have been a picture for my album. :beer:

But you said nothing of my local Pub and the fact that "Chas and Dave" the Greatest Rock n Rollers in East Londons History cut their trademark style in there, what you not a fan?

Rabbit.

Gertcha.

London Girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHSQhPiOSCU...feature=related

Aint no pleasing you.

Margate.

And my favourite, The Sideboard Song.

Anyone remember these guys at Knebworth 4th August 1979, if the Great Led Zeppelin had not topped the bill that day these boy surely would have. :lol:

After seeing these videos, dont you just wish you had been born in East London and been a "True Cockney" ? Look at all the Kneesup's you have missed.

Have fun 'ZeppFanForever' and Kind Regards, Danny

How's it going "BIGDAN" A.K.A. Danny? I guess that I got so caught up in the moment of seeing the photos of 27 Bullen Street House where Peter Green grew up, that I forgot about "Chas and Dave." I am a big fan of "Chas and Dave." The Duke of Wellington Pub looks like a great pub to get a great drink. The roaring 1960's produced some of Rock's greatest Rock Bands, you are so lucky to have been in England during the mighty LED ZEPPELIN'S incredible reign. I sure wished that I lived in England in the 1960's, not to take anything away from living in our great country which is the great U.S.A. ROCK ON my friend!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Hope the week went well with all of you. I have the day off on this nice Halloween day or should I say Wholloween day. I still can't believe that our forum lost the Evster. I have learned so much from him as I'm sure that all of you have as well. I hope some day he comes back, now that would be special huh? I hope you're reading this Evster, I dedicate this thread to you!

I am deeply overwhelmed that many of you enjoyed reading my threads on ZEPPELIN as well as other bands. I have also enjoyed reading all of your threads on numerous topics resulting in me learning something different. I feel that as ZEPPELIN fanatics that many of us have so much in common but it is mainly ZEPPELIN that brings us all together in unity here on the ZEPPELIN forum. And because of this, we also have the responsibility as ZEPPELIN fans in keeping the ZEPPELIN legend and legacy alive as well as the memory of John Henry Bonham. Now, it is time for me to begin the thread.

I really enjoyed reading the "What's Your Favorite Guitarists Thread" that was started, written and submitted by fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic "leddy." All of our all-time greatest as well as our favorite Guitarist's names were brought up on this thread. However, there was one legendary Guitarist that was overlooked and forgotten on "leddy's" thread that I feel would be a good topic of discussion. It was also during this time that I was trying to decide on many topics to write about on my next thread. I feel that this legendary Guitarist and his band that I am going to write about is a great TRUE Rock n' Roll tale that would also prove fatal. The Guitarist's name is Mr. Peter Green and his legendary band I am talking about is none other than PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC. I have read two FLEETWOOD MAC thread's here on the forum, Any Mac Fans Thread and the Peter Green Thread. However, I feel that all of you need to know the TRUE and tragic story of FLEETWOOD MAC in order to appreciate the accomplishments and achievements of one Peter Green.

When you think of FLEETWOOD MAC today, you think of a very gifted American/British band comprising of two native California U.S.A. members named Lindsey Buckingham (Vocals and Guitar), the always beautiful Stevie Nicks (Vocals) and three fellow British members with two being the only original members left from the original PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC line-up. I'm talking about the beautiful Christine McVie (Vocals and Keyboards), her ex-husband and original member John McVie (Bassist) and original member Mick Fleetwood (Drums). With this legendary mid-1970's line-up, the new FLEETWOOD MAC would achieve more fame and fortune beyond their wildest dreams thus moving on to greater heights unimagined. It would also result in forgetting any accomplishments and achievements that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC did from 1967 to 1970. But what people don't realize is that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC had already laid down a great foundation by developing a reputation in the late 1960's and early 1970's for being one of the all-time greatest Hard Rock Blues bands ever.

PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC was originally born in London, England in 1967 comprising of Peter Green (Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), Jeremy Spencer (Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), Danny Kirwan (He would join the band later as the third Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), John McVie (Bassist) and Mick Fleetwood (Drums). This original legendary line-up would truly kick ass with Rock n' Roll in more ways than one and at the same time, give you some of the greatest Blues Rock music moments that you have ever heard in your life. PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC'S early beginnings would be traced all the way back to another great legendary 1960's Blues band. JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS would solely be responsible for bringing together Peter Green, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood in his band.

PETER GREEN will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history as being one of the greatest guitarists ever yet a forgotten Guitarist that got lost somewhere in time in Rock n' Roll history. In Green's prime, in my opinion, I would rank him up there with Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page easily. However, his decision to quit FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970 during the height of their popularity and disappear from the Rock n' Roll world would prove to be fatal on his part making it one of Rock's all-time greatest tragedy stories ever. It would be during the beginning years of FLEETWOOD MAC from 1967 to 1970 that Peter Green would gain a worldwide reputation by quickly establishing himself as one of the all-time Greatest Guitarist's ever. In my opinion, Peter Green, in his prime, was the ONLY Guitarist that ever dared to challenge Jimi Hendrix for his prestigious worldwide crown as THE GREATEST GUITARIST OF ALL-TIME. Green's guitar styles are similar to that of Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page and David Gilmour. However, Green's high pitched guitar sound would influence another great guitar legend named Carlos Santana thus making Green's sound his trademark that would last to this very day.

Peter Green also wrote some of Rock's all-time greatest songs ever that would gain more fame by being trademark songs for other great legendary bands. SANTANA immortalized Green's "Black Magic Woman" as AEROSMITH did with "Rattlesnake Shake" and JUDAS PRIEST with Green's legendary masterpiece "The Green Manalishi (With The Two Prong Crown)."

There are so many albums that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC has recorded from 1967 to 1970 that remained unreleased for many years UNTIL NOW. There are also some great new CD collections that make up for all of those years that the early MAC'S albums were unreleased. For the new and curious beginner, I would highly recommend the blistering 2-CD set entitled PETER GREEN, MAN OF THE WORLD, THE ANTHOLOGY 1968-1988. This collection contains the majority of Green's best work including his years with JOHN MAYALL and FLEETWOOD MAC. I also highly recommend the blistering 2-CD set of A HARD ROAD by JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS as well as THEN PLAY ON by FLEETWOOD MAC. As for the new collections, I highly recommend the incredible 2-CD set entitled PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE BBC, the 2-CD set of THE VAUDEVILLE YEARS OF FLEETWOOD MAC 1968 TO 1970, FLEETWOOD MAC, SHOW-BIZ BLUES 1968 TO 1970 VOLUME 2 and the 6-CD set of FLEETWOOD MAC, THE COMPLETE BLUE HORIZON SESSIONS 1967-1969. I guarantee you that you will have heard everything there is on PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC if you purchase everything that I have mentioned on this thread.

There are not many great sounding live quality albums of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC let alone on CD. But that would change in the 1990's. There would be bad sound quality live shows of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE MARQUEE and LIVE IN LONDON 1968 released on CD. However, in 1998, FLEETWOOD MAC'S BLISTERING ASS KICKING live shows at The Boston Tea Party are legendary in the sense that in my opinion, they are only one of two shows that capture Peter Green at his ABSOLUTE BEST! You are probably asking yourself, "why didn't FLEETWOOD MAC release a live album of THE BOSTON TEA PARTY shows in 1970?" The truth is, these shows were being recorded live for a future release but with Green's departure from FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970, the tapes were shelved indefinitely. The sound quality of the BOSTON TEA PARTY bootlegs that were available and sold in the 1980's and 1990's were absolutely awful and did FLEETWOOD MAC'S blistering and devastating live performances at the BOSTON TEA PARTY no justice at all. In 1998, Snapper Music would find the original 8-Track master tapes and Digitally Remaster and Remix them using today's updated studio technology process. Now, we can finally listen to these three part separate CD sets of the live BOSTON TEA PARTY shows for ourselves in great sounding quality as it was originally truly intended to be heard and be blown away with TOTAL DISBELIEF! These shows will definitely blow your mind away! You have to hear these 3-CD's in three parts to believe it. The other live show I am talking about is the single CD entitled FLEETWOOD MAC, SHRINE '69. This is another great live show with great sound quality.

As for Peter Green today, he is NO WHERE near the great guitarist he once was. After putting down the guitar and not playing it for years along with his failing health, his playing talent deminished. If you ever get a chance, check out the 2003 DVD entitled AN EVENING WITH PETER GREEN SPLINTER GROUP IN CONCERT. See it for yourself.

I hope I didn't talk your ears off. I hope you enjoyed reading my thread. Please comment on it whether it is a positive or negative one. I appreciate true honesty. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope that the week is treating all of you well. Its still hell working those backbreaking 12 hour days but I'm here at work using my computer in my office. I apologize for not writing the story of the RUMOURS album this past weekend but my home computer died on me Saturday night. My computer is in the shop at the moment, hopefully I'l be getting it out today after I get off work. As soon as I get my computer back, I will write the story of the RUMOURS album as promised. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope that the week is treating you well. Tomorrow is F-R-I-D-A-Y, THANK GOD!!!! I'm on my break at work and still working those backbreaking 12 hour days. Looks like we all survived the Conficker Worm crisis without a scratch didn't we? I FINALLY hooked up my computer yesterday and did a complete Recovery. I will finally be able to write the story of FLEETWOOD MAC'S RUMOURS album as promised. Enough of that, I recorded the Jimmy Fallon show last night whose guest was STEVIE NICKS! For her age, she still looks beautiful. I'll have to talk a little more about her appearance on the Jimmy Fallon show at a later date since I have to get back to work. In the mean time, have a great day and ROCK ON!