THE FLEETWOOD MAC THREAD

ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope that the week is treating you well. Tomorrow is F-R-I-D-A-Y, THANK GOD!!!! I'm on my break at work and still working those backbreaking 12 hour days. Looks like we all survived the Conficker Worm crisis without a scratch didn't we? I FINALLY hooked up my computer yesterday and did a complete Recovery. I will finally be able to write the story of FLEETWOOD MAC'S RUMOURS album as promised. Enough of that, I recorded the Jimmy Fallon show last night whose guest was STEVIE NICKS! For her age, she still looks beautiful. I'll have to talk a little more about her appearance on the Jimmy Fallon show at a later date since I have to get back to work. In the mean time, have a great day and ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I guess that you can say that my 12 hour day at work today is about over. My boss went home for the day leaving me in charge. I did my work for today so I'm going to take it easy towards the end of the 12 hour stretch. I watched a little of the LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON whose guest was Stevie Nicks during my happy lunch hour at the bar across the street. The pretty bartender was nice enough to play the DVD for me on their stereo system which was cool. Stevie Nicks had some interesting things to say but I'll be brief.

Lindsey Buckingham was 28 and Stevie Nicks was 27 when they joined FLEETWOOD MAC in 1975. Prior to 1975, in 1974, even with the release of their solo album entitled BUCKINGHAM/NICKS, they were both still struggling to make ends meat. Stevie Nicks spoke about her two live solo releases on DVD and said as follows: "the reason why she chose to release the live DVD's is because she wanted the younger kids to get familiar with her work as well as FLEETWOOD MAC'S." Stevie then stressed that she had the great musical influences of JANIS JOPLIN, GRACE SLICK of THE JEFFERSON AIRPLANE, LED ZEPPELIN and THE WHO as the great bands that she grew up loving and listening to. Stevie wants the younger people of today to always remember the old bands including herself and FLEETWOOD MAC. Stevie then mentioned that FLEETWOOD MAC has been approached by numerous movie studios about the possibility of making a movie Biography about FLEETWOOD MAC's career. There were also rumors that actress Lindsey Lohan was going to play the part of Stevie Nicks. Nicks denied the rumor that Lohan was going to play her. Nicks even went further by saying that FLEETWOOD MAC has said "NO" to the movie offers because the band's story is not finished yet. Nicks also stressed that FLEETWOOD MAC is on tour at the moment and the band loves being on the road. Other than talking very briefly about the feuds and fights between John & Christine McVie which would lead to divorce and Buckingham and Nicks that would result in a painful breakup prior to and during the recording of the RUMOURS album, these were the main points that Stevie Nicks talked about on LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON. Tonight, I will finally tell the story of the legendary RUMOURS album. I'm getting ready to leave work now and go to the bar across the street to have a couple of drinks. I'll be talking to all of you again tonight. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I guess that you can say that my 12 hour day at work today is about over. My boss went home for the day leaving me in charge. I did my work for today so I'm going to take it easy towards the end of the 12 hour stretch. I watched a little of the LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON whose guest was Stevie Nicks during my happy lunch hour at the bar across the street. The pretty bartender was nice enough to play the DVD for me on their stereo system which was cool. Stevie Nicks had some interesting things to say but I'll be brief.

Lindsey Buckingham was 28 and Stevie Nicks was 27 when they joined FLEETWOOD MAC in 1975. Prior to 1975, in 1974, even with the release of their solo album entitled BUCKINGHAM/NICKS, they were both still struggling to make ends meat. Stevie Nicks spoke about her two live solo releases on DVD and said as follows: "the reason why she chose to release the live DVD's is because she wanted the younger kids to get familiar with her work as well as FLEETWOOD MAC'S." Stevie then stressed that she had the great musical influences of JANIS JOPLIN, GRACE SLICK of THE JEFFERSON AIRPLANE, LED ZEPPELIN and THE WHO as the great bands that she grew up loving and listening to. Stevie wants the younger people of today to always remember the old bands including herself and FLEETWOOD MAC. Stevie then mentioned that FLEETWOOD MAC has been approached by numerous movie studios about the possibility of making a movie Biography about FLEETWOOD MAC's career. There were also rumors that actress Lindsey Lohan was going to play the part of Stevie Nicks. Nicks denied the rumor that Lohan was going to play her. Nicks even went further by saying that FLEETWOOD MAC has said "NO" to the movie offers because the band's story is not finished yet. Nicks also stressed that FLEETWOOD MAC is on tour at the moment and the band loves being on the road. Other than talking very briefly about the feuds and fights between John & Christine McVie which would lead to divorce and Buckingham and Nicks that would result in a painful breakup prior to and during the recording of the RUMOURS album, these were the main points that Stevie Nicks talked about on LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON. Tonight, I will finally tell the story of the legendary RUMOURS album. I'm getting ready to leave work now and go to the bar across the street to have a couple of drinks. I'll be talking to all of you again tonight. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? It feels great to be at home with a new bottle of Barcardi 151 Rum and my newly repaired computer. It works great and it goes from page to page quickly (It should, I have 4 Gigs of Ram in it!). As promised, AT LAST, here is the story of the legendary RUMOURS album from 1977.

I will be basing all of the facts from this post on two sources: (1.) The attached booklet from the FLEETWOOD MAC 2004 re-release 2-CD set of the 1977 RUMOURS album and (2.) The book entitled THE FLEETWOOD MAC STORY, RUMOURS AND LIES written by former 1967 FLEETWOOD MAC Bass player Bob Brunning. And so without further delay, here is the story of the legendary RUMOURS album from 1977. And as the saying goes, AND AWAY WE GO!

The story of the RUMOURS album has been told and retold so often, one need only be reminded of the particulars. As for myself, I'll go a little more in detail for all of you.

To begin the story, legend has it that the album got its name RUMOURS as suggested by John McVie because everyone and anyone in the music industry---informed or otherwise---was talking about FLEETWOOD MAC in the 1970's. Gossip writers at the time were having a field day saying that FLEETWOOD MAC was finished because Christine McVie was in the hospital with a serious illness. There was even a rumor that surfaced, and even strengthened, that FLEETWOOD MAC would have a ten year reunion tour in 1977 featuring Peter Green, Danny Kirwan and Jeremy Spencer. To crown it all, Stevie and Lindsey suddenly became the proud parents of a baby girl (It was actually Mick and Jenny's daughter Lucy Fleetwood that was photographed with the pair in the newspaper and gossip magazines.) All were false and just RUMOURS.

In 1974, a workmanlike and fairly successful former British Blues band that called themselves FLEETWOOD MAC, needed a new guitarist to replace departing member Bob Welch. Studio Engineer Keith Olsen suggested guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, who with singer Stevie Nicks, had recorded a 1973 solo album entitled "BUCKINGHAM NICKS." The pair was both personally attached, which meant that by 1975, FLEETWOOD MAC had recruited not one but two new members working alongside FLEETWOOD MAC stalwarts Bassist John McVie, Drummer Mick Fleetwood and John McVie's wife, Singer/Keyboardist Christine Mcvie.

The new FLEETWOOD MAC line-up would record their first collaboration debut album entitled FLEETWOOD MAC in just three months. Upon its release in 1976, the debut FLEETWOOD MAC album would spawn three hit singles: "Over My Head" and "Say You Love Me," both written by Christine McVie and the legendary Stevie Nicks composition entitled "Rhiannon." Prior to the new FLEETWOOD MAC debut album in 1976, FLEETWOOD MAC had typically sold albums in the 200,000 to 300,000 range. With the release of the FLEETWOOD MAC debut album (Including BUCKINGHAM NICKS) in 1976, sales skyrocketed into the stratosphere entering the Billboard Album charts and consistently moving upward. The album finally hit the #1 position in September 1976 after 58 weeks on the charts, thus knocking PETER FRAMPTON'S own sales phenomenon FRAMPTON COMES ALIVE out of the top spot.

After a successful tour, FLEETWOOD MAC had a hit album on their hands and it was now time for the band to record the follow-up album to their debut album. The stage was set, but it came at a high and costly price.

1976 should have been the greatest year in the lives of all FLEETWOOD MAC members and you would naturally think that it should have. However, it wasn't. In fact, each and every band member's relationship with his or her significant other was in the shredder: John and Christine McVie had split up and divorced thus barely speaking to each other. Newcomers Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks had likewise had a painful break up. To make matters worse, Mick Fleetwood remarried his ex-wife Jenny Boyd (Patti Boyd Harrison's sister) four months later after they were divorced in the autumn of 1976. Fleetwood's marriage would end in 1979 (Fleetwood and Boyd would marry and divorce each other twice.).

Evidently, the band was experiencing some strange and difficult times. In 1976, John McVie would appear at rehearsals with Sandra Elsdon, Peter Green's stunning ex-girlfriend. John also distantly lusted after Linda Ronstadt. Also in 1976, Stevie would begin a relationship with Don Henley of THE EAGLES, a month after leaving Lindsey, and later with Mick Fleetwood. Prior to their divorce in 1976, Christine McVie began an affair with the group's lighting director, Curry Grant and later with my good friend Dennis Wilson. Three members of FLEETWOOD MAC would eventually remarry and Stevie would later marry for the first time. However, in 1976, a job had to be done, to record the follow-up album to the extremely successful FLEETWOOD MAC self-titled debut album.

If FLEETWOOD MAC could be said to have one enduring quality as a band, it would be resilience in the face of adversity with a perseverance and will to live and survive as fighters. In particular, Drummer Mick Fleetwood and Bassist John McVie had picked themselves up and dusted themselves down time and time again with their well documented and publicized drinking bouts throughout the band's stormy career. Christine McVie, too, had demonstrated her own strength and persistence during some very dramatic crises by the band.

In reality, the emotional problems churning around within the band could have, AND SHOULD HAVE, brought them all to their knees. But Buckingham, Nicks and Christine McVie, like many talented artistes and writers before them, each decided to dwell upon their recent traumas and use them to their advantage as an inspiration. The new songs recorded for the RUMOURS album would meet their feelings and emotions head on.

"The outcome of the various separations and emotional upheavals in the band that caused so many rumours are in the songs," Christine Mcvie would recall, after the new RUMOURS album was released in 1977. Christine continued on by saying that "we weren't aware of it at the time, but when we listened to the songs together, we all realized that they were telling our stories of how we were all feeling at the time."

It took two months for everyone to adjust to one another. Aside from equipment problems, there were psychological problems in that the band were going through a tremendous change and upheaval. There were breakdowns and realignments which had a tremendous effect on their music. Defences were wearing thin and they were quick to open up their feelings. Instead of going to friends to talk it out, their feelings would stay bottled up inside resulting in being vented through their music. It created a certain sensitivity. The band's personal lives were in a shambles, and the new RUMOURS album was about the only thing that they had left. The work was extremely hard and painful for everybody involved.

Listening to all of the songs on the RUMOURS album, and after all of the drama within the band, one can evidently and clearly hear how personal a lot of the lyrics were. I am going to list every song from the 2004 RUMOURS rerelease as it was originally truly intended. The songs are as follows:

(1.) Second Hand News - A personal Lindsey Buckingham composition aimed at Stevie Nicks.

(2.) Dreams - A personal Stevie Nicks composition aimed at Lindsey Buckingham.

(3.) Never Going Back again - A personal Lindsey Buckingham composition aimed at Stevie Nicks.

(4.) Don't Stop - A personal Christine McVie composition aimed at John McVie.

(5.) Go Your Own Way - A personal Lindsey Buckingham composition aimed at Stevie Nicks.

(6.) Songbird - A very personal Christine McVie composition aimed at all of the band members.

(7.) Silver Springs - a VERY personal Stevie Nicks composition that was aimed at Lindsey Buckingham. This song was an outtake from the RUMOURS album but would appear as a "B" side single.

(8.) The Chain - A very personal composition written by all members of the band.

(9.) You make Loving Fun - A Christine McVie composition.

(10.) I Don't Want To Know - A very personal Stevie Nicks composition aimed at Lindsey Buckingham.

(11.) Oh Daddy - A very personal Christine McVie composition aimed at John McVie.

(12.) Gold Dust Woman - A very personal Stevie Nicks composition aimed at Lindsey Buckingham.

In all, the RUMOURS album would spend 31 weeks as America's #1 album and win the 1977 Grammy Award for Album of the Year. In Rolling Stone Magazine's Top 500 All-Time greatest Albums ever, the RUMOURS album would be listed as the 25th all-time greatest. And as the saying goes, AND THE REST IS ROCK N' ROLL HISTORY. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

The book entitled THE FLEETWOOD MAC STORY, RUMOURS AND LIES written by former 1967 FLEETWOOD MAC Bass player Bob Brunning.

How's it goin fellow FLEETWOOD MAC die hard fan! :D Thanks for the Rumours story!

It's pretty funny that Bob Brunning has written a Fleetwood Mac biography concidering the short time he was a member of the band. Also it was long before Stevie, Lindsey and Christine were members in Fleetwood Mac! LOL

How's it goin fellow FLEETWOOD MAC die hard fan! :D Thanks for the Rumours story!

It's pretty funny that Bob Brunning has written a Fleetwood Mac biography concidering the short time he was a member of the band. Also it was long before Stevie, Lindsey and Christine were members in Fleetwood Mac! LOL

How's it going "Swede" as well as our fellow die hard hard core FLEETWOOD MAC and ZEPPELIN fanatics? I'm here at work this F-R-I-D-A-Y morning! Guess what, my boss called in sick this morning meaning that I am in charge of my fellow 34 co-workers. My co-workers are all loving it since they all know that they can get away with murder today. I get the feeling that no work will be done today during the 12 hours meaning that there is going to be a last minute potluck.

You're very welcome "Swede!" I'm glad that you enjoyed reading it. It is very funny that former 1967 FLEETWOOD MAC Bassist Bob Brunning would write a biography of the band considering the short time that he was in the band. I guess that it was fate and destiny that Brunning write one of the band's biographies other than Mick Fleetwood year's later. ROCK ON my friend!

• 1 month later...
How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Hope the week went well with all of you. I have the day off on this nice Halloween day or should I say Wholloween day. I still can't believe that our forum lost the Evster. I have learned so much from him as I'm sure that all of you have as well. I hope some day he comes back, now that would be special huh? I hope you're reading this Evster, I dedicate this thread to you!

I am deeply overwhelmed that many of you enjoyed reading my threads on ZEPPELIN as well as other bands. I have also enjoyed reading all of your threads on numerous topics resulting in me learning something different. I feel that as ZEPPELIN fanatics that many of us have so much in common but it is mainly ZEPPELIN that brings us all together in unity here on the ZEPPELIN forum. And because of this, we also have the responsibility as ZEPPELIN fans in keeping the ZEPPELIN legend and legacy alive as well as the memory of John Henry Bonham. Now, it is time for me to begin the thread.

I really enjoyed reading the "What's Your Favorite Guitarists Thread" that was started, written and submitted by fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic "leddy." All of our all-time greatest as well as our favorite Guitarist's names were brought up on this thread. However, there was one legendary Guitarist that was overlooked and forgotten on "leddy's" thread that I feel would be a good topic of discussion. It was also during this time that I was trying to decide on many topics to write about on my next thread. I feel that this legendary Guitarist and his band that I am going to write about is a great TRUE Rock n' Roll tale that would also prove fatal. The Guitarist's name is Mr. Peter Green and his legendary band I am talking about is none other than PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC. I have read two FLEETWOOD MAC thread's here on the forum, Any Mac Fans Thread and the Peter Green Thread. However, I feel that all of you need to know the TRUE and tragic story of FLEETWOOD MAC in order to appreciate the accomplishments and achievements of one Peter Green.

When you think of FLEETWOOD MAC today, you think of a very gifted American/British band comprising of two native California U.S.A. members named Lindsey Buckingham (Vocals and Guitar), the always beautiful Stevie Nicks (Vocals) and three fellow British members with two being the only original members left from the original PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC line-up. I'm talking about the beautiful Christine McVie (Vocals and Keyboards), her ex-husband and original member John McVie (Bassist) and original member Mick Fleetwood (Drums). With this legendary mid-1970's line-up, the new FLEETWOOD MAC would achieve more fame and fortune beyond their wildest dreams thus moving on to greater heights unimagined. It would also result in forgetting any accomplishments and achievements that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC did from 1967 to 1970. But what people don't realize is that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC had already laid down a great foundation by developing a reputation in the late 1960's and early 1970's for being one of the all-time greatest Hard Rock Blues bands ever.

PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC was originally born in London, England in 1967 comprising of Peter Green (Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), Jeremy Spencer (Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), Danny Kirwan (He would join the band later as the third Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), John McVie (Bassist) and Mick Fleetwood (Drums). This original legendary line-up would truly kick ass with Rock n' Roll in more ways than one and at the same time, give you some of the greatest Blues Rock music moments that you have ever heard in your life. PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC'S early beginnings would be traced all the way back to another great legendary 1960's Blues band. JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS would solely be responsible for bringing together Peter Green, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood in his band.

PETER GREEN will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history as being one of the greatest guitarists ever yet a forgotten Guitarist that got lost somewhere in time in Rock n' Roll history. In Green's prime, in my opinion, I would rank him up there with Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page easily. However, his decision to quit FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970 during the height of their popularity and disappear from the Rock n' Roll world would prove to be fatal on his part making it one of Rock's all-time greatest tragedy stories ever. It would be during the beginning years of FLEETWOOD MAC from 1967 to 1970 that Peter Green would gain a worldwide reputation by quickly establishing himself as one of the all-time Greatest Guitarist's ever. In my opinion, Peter Green, in his prime, was the ONLY Guitarist that ever dared to challenge Jimi Hendrix for his prestigious worldwide crown as THE GREATEST GUITARIST OF ALL-TIME. Green's guitar styles are similar to that of Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page and David Gilmour. However, Green's high pitched guitar sound would influence another great guitar legend named Carlos Santana thus making Green's sound his trademark that would last to this very day.

Peter Green also wrote some of Rock's all-time greatest songs ever that would gain more fame by being trademark songs for other great legendary bands. SANTANA immortalized Green's "Black Magic Woman" as AEROSMITH did with "Rattlesnake Shake" and JUDAS PRIEST with Green's legendary masterpiece "The Green Manalishi (With The Two Prong Crown)."

There are so many albums that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC has recorded from 1967 to 1970 that remained unreleased for many years UNTIL NOW. There are also some great new CD collections that make up for all of those years that the early MAC'S albums were unreleased. For the new and curious beginner, I would highly recommend the blistering 2-CD set entitled PETER GREEN, MAN OF THE WORLD, THE ANTHOLOGY 1968-1988. This collection contains the majority of Green's best work including his years with JOHN MAYALL and FLEETWOOD MAC. I also highly recommend the blistering 2-CD set of A HARD ROAD by JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS as well as THEN PLAY ON by FLEETWOOD MAC. As for the new collections, I highly recommend the incredible 2-CD set entitled PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE BBC, the 2-CD set of THE VAUDEVILLE YEARS OF FLEETWOOD MAC 1968 TO 1970, FLEETWOOD MAC, SHOW-BIZ BLUES 1968 TO 1970 VOLUME 2 and the 6-CD set of FLEETWOOD MAC, THE COMPLETE BLUE HORIZON SESSIONS 1967-1969. I guarantee you that you will have heard everything there is on PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC if you purchase everything that I have mentioned on this thread.

There are not many great sounding live quality albums of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC let alone on CD. But that would change in the 1990's. There would be bad sound quality live shows of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE MARQUEE and LIVE IN LONDON 1968 released on CD. However, in 1998, FLEETWOOD MAC'S BLISTERING ASS KICKING live shows at The Boston Tea Party are legendary in the sense that in my opinion, they are only one of two shows that capture Peter Green at his ABSOLUTE BEST! You are probably asking yourself, "why didn't FLEETWOOD MAC release a live album of THE BOSTON TEA PARTY shows in 1970?" The truth is, these shows were being recorded live for a future release but with Green's departure from FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970, the tapes were shelved indefinitely. The sound quality of the BOSTON TEA PARTY bootlegs that were available and sold in the 1980's and 1990's were absolutely awful and did FLEETWOOD MAC'S blistering and devastating live performances at the BOSTON TEA PARTY no justice at all. In 1998, Snapper Music would find the original 8-Track master tapes and Digitally Remaster and Remix them using today's updated studio technology process. Now, we can finally listen to these three part separate CD sets of the live BOSTON TEA PARTY shows for ourselves in great sounding quality as it was originally truly intended to be heard and be blown away with TOTAL DISBELIEF! These shows will definitely blow your mind away! You have to hear these 3-CD's in three parts to believe it. The other live show I am talking about is the single CD entitled FLEETWOOD MAC, SHRINE '69. This is another great live show with great sound quality.

As for Peter Green today, he is NO WHERE near the great guitarist he once was. After putting down the guitar and not playing it for years along with his failing health, his playing talent deminished. If you ever get a chance, check out the 2003 DVD entitled AN EVENING WITH PETER GREEN SPLINTER GROUP IN CONCERT. See it for yourself.

I hope I didn't talk your ears off. I hope you enjoyed reading my thread. Please comment on it whether it is a positive or negative one. I appreciate true honesty. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

LONG LIVE FLEETWOOD MAC! ROCK ON!

^^ LOL, I see that you've already mentioned The Complete Blue Horizon Sessions in this thread. Anyway, it is A GREAT BOX SET! I love it!!

How's it going "Swede?" I own pretty much everything from the PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC era from 1967-1970. Please look up the PETER GREEN ANTHOLOGY 4-CD DELUXE BOX SET, it is the best PETER GREEN collection ever to date. ROCK ON!

• 1 month later...

I like the Rumors/Rumours band, but nothing for me beats the very early, pre-Manalishi band (the only time I saw them, at some festival), when they were doing stuff like Shake Your Moneymaker and Long Grey Mare. I still play that stuff all the time.

yeah... I was totally lazy to not look back 6 pages to already find a thriving Fleetwood Mac thread.... :blush:

But yeah, I have been getting into the early stuff with Peter Green. All I have is a live album (I'm not 100% sure if its a boot or not, but its Rattlesnake Shake- Live in Boston) That's all I have, I would love to hear some more live and the studio albums. If anyone is interested in a trade.... :whistling::unsure:;)

I got into Peter Green only within the last year. I've got Supernatural, End of the Game and a Best Of. I don't own any early Fleetwood Mac though what I've heard I've liked a lot. It's on the endless list of things to get! But I think the albums Fleetwood Mac and Rumours are fantastic albums. After Rumours they got a bit too pop for me.

I got into Peter Green only within the last year. I've got Supernatural, End of the Game and a Best Of. I don't own any early Fleetwood Mac though what I've heard I've liked a lot. It's on the endless list of things to get! But I think the albums Fleetwood Mac and Rumours are fantastic albums. After Rumours they got a bit too pop for me.

They did, but I really liked the song Tusk on the next album. Adding the marching band was a nice touch and not something you would expect from a band with the mainstream audience they were targeting.

They did, but I really liked the song Tusk on the next album. Adding the marching band was a nice touch and not something you would expect from a band with the mainstream audience they were targeting.

Tusk was okay but I do agree that it was cool to see them adding something nonmainstream to their song.

For those who does not have any albums of the early Fleetwood Mac I would suggest to start with the following albums (in no particular order):

The Original Fleetwood Mac (a compilation released in the 70's which is now available in remastered digital format)

This album contains of songs recorded very early in the Fleetwood Mac career as their first single for example. Some songs you can't do without is Drifting, A Fool No More, Fleetwood Mac, Love That Woman and Ramblin' Pony No.2. This is British blues in it's ultimate form IMHO, it can't get much better than this. The interplay between the musicians is amazing concidering how short a time they had played together at the time.

g50677cf3zd.jpg

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac (the debut from 1968)

This is one of my all-time favourite blues albums. You cannot go wrong with songs like My Heart Beats Like A Hammer, Looking For Somebody, Shake Your Moneymaker, No Place To Go, I Loved Another Woman and The World Keep On Turning. A must have!

l33639rd5yz.jpg

Then Play On (the last album to feature Peter Green)

This is really showing how great Fleetwood Mac became when they added Danny Kirwan to the line-up. Danny and Peter is just amazing together. A true classic album. Some of my personal favourites are Coming Your Way, Closing My Eyes, Showbiz Blues, Rattlesnake Shake and Like Crying Like Dying. I don't remember if Oh Well was on the original vinyl release, but it's added to the remastered CD.

f59066co2nz.jpg

I would like to recomend all the other stuff with Green in the band as well, but I guess you have to start somewhere... :D

Edited by Swede

Tusk was okay but I do agree that it was cool to see them adding something nonmainstream to their song.

Tusk, for me, is probably my favourite album. Rumours is a great album, but there's so much more to Tusk.

It's not given nearly enough credit as it deserves because the record company wanted another Rumours record, and Lindsey - since he produced it - wanted to go in a punk direction. Warner Bros. didn't like it and, as a consequence, it wasn't given as much marketing as it should've had. It cost $1 million to do, and in terms of success, it bombed compared to Rumours.

It's a slow burner kind of album, but once I really got into listening to it, I couldn't believe how amazing it was.

And since I'm not really a Peter Green-era kind of fan, I have absolutely no shame in stating that I'm seeing the Rumours line-up this November.

Tusk, for me, is probably my favourite album. Rumours is a great album, but there's so much more to Tusk.

It's not given nearly enough credit as it deserves because the record company wanted another Rumours record, and Lindsey - since he produced it - wanted to go in a punk direction. Warner Bros. didn't like it and, as a consequence, it wasn't given as much marketing as it should've had. It cost $1 million to do, and in terms of success, it bombed compared to Rumours.

It's a slow burner kind of album, but once I really got into listening to it, I couldn't believe how amazing it was.

And since I'm not really a Peter Green-era kind of fan, I have absolutely no shame in stating that I'm seeing the Rumours line-up this November.

I'd have no shame in saying that even though I am a Peter Green-era fan! (As well.) ;)

I should listen to Tusk beyond the songs they played on the radio. Sometimes albums are like that - takes a while before you really connect to it. I hate it when record labels expect artists to recreate an album that sold well so they can line their pockets rather than support their talents and desires to go off in new directions.

No shame at all my friend in going to see them this fall :D

You're welcome! I don't want anyone to miss the great music of Peter Green!!! :D

How's it going "Swede?" This is ZeppFanForever using "beatbo's" computer here in Biloxi, Mississippi. Thanks for helping me keep Peter Green's Legend alive! I'll be back home in San Antonio tomorrow afternoon. Keep up the great work "Swede!"

How's it going "Swede?" This is ZeppFanForever using "beatbo's" computer here in Biloxi, Mississippi. Thanks for helping me keep Peter Green's Legend alive! I'll be back home in San Antonio tomorrow afternoon. Keep up the great work "Swede!"

Hi ZFF,

Thats not you, you didnt end with "ROCK ON" :lol:

Whats up? The Internet not working at home? Its a long drive just to get on line mate, by the way i've had a Great two weeks listening to Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac Recordings, my son Luke had even downloaded some tracks to his iPod and every time his phone rings "Need Your Love So Bad" comes screaming out, he's only got it as his ringtone, what a boyo.

While people like you are still around Peter Green will never be forgotten, a true "Man of the World"

Very Kind Regards too you and ROCK ON my friend, Danny

PS, Could you give Beatbo a kiss goodnight from me please? :kiss:

Edited by BIGDAN

Hi ZFF,

Thats not you, you didnt end with "ROCK ON" :lol:

Whats up? The Internet not working at home? Its a long drive just to get on line mate, by the way i've had a Great two weeks listening to Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac Recordings, my son Luke had even downloaded some tracks to his iPod and every time his phone rings "Need Your Love So Bad" comes screaming out, he's only got it as his ringtone, what a boyo.

While people like you are still around Peter Green will never be forgotten, a true "Man of the World"

Very Kind Regards too you and ROCK ON my friend, Danny

PS, Could you give Beatbo a kiss goodnight from me please? :kiss:

this is beatbo, now. thanks, danny boy, ZFF just kissed me. quit sticking ideas in his noggin....

Now I'll end it with ROCK ON! Ha Ha!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

this is beatbo, now. thanks, danny boy, ZFF just kissed me. quit sticking ideas in his noggin....

Now I'll end it with ROCK ON! Ha Ha!

Hi Beatbo,

What the hells going on mate, your using his Log On and his using yours, its a conspiracy, or is that another Topic. :lol:

Good you guys got together, did he have a surprise for you, you know what i mean, and no its not what you other pervs are thinking, were all Rebels here you know. :wub:

Oh and please give ZFF a little kiss from me and tuck him in will you? :kiss: and good health too you both. :beer::beer:

Night Night, Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Oh i wish i was in the land of cotton, old times their are not forgotten, look away, look away, look away Dixieland. Good Bless. And ROCK ON to the pair of you.

Edited by BIGDAN