THE FLEETWOOD MAC THREAD

ZeppFanForever

Hi ZFF, your very welcome.

But now you've gone and done it havent you?

You have blown my cover mate.

Now everyone is gonna think i'm some sort of "Nice Guy" instead of the Image of Me as the "Racist, Biggoted, Mysogynist, American Hating, Berater" that they have of me now, thanks for nothing mate. ;)

I loved that Image, it only took me a few months (no time at all really) to get it.

Regards, Danny

PS. If you feel i've left anything out please feel free to amend.

Oh f*c* Danny, I am so sorry mate! I didn't even think about that. I thought everyone already knew you as being that. If its any consolation, I have also sent DVD-R's out to different people here on the forum as well like I've done with you Danny and I'm a government employee. Some example right? AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! ROCK ON my friend!

• 1 month later...

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? Hope the week went well with all of you. I have the day off on this nice Halloween day or should I say Wholloween day. I still can't believe that our forum lost the Evster. I have learned so much from him as I'm sure that all of you have as well. I hope some day he comes back, now that would be special huh? I hope you're reading this Evster, I dedicate this thread to you!

I am deeply overwhelmed that many of you enjoyed reading my threads on ZEPPELIN as well as other bands. I have also enjoyed reading all of your threads on numerous topics resulting in me learning something different. I feel that as ZEPPELIN fanatics that many of us have so much in common but it is mainly ZEPPELIN that brings us all together in unity here on the ZEPPELIN forum. And because of this, we also have the responsibility as ZEPPELIN fans in keeping the ZEPPELIN legend and legacy alive as well as the memory of John Henry Bonham. Now, it is time for me to begin the thread.

I really enjoyed reading the "What's Your Favorite Guitarists Thread" that was started, written and submitted by fellow ZEPPELIN fanatic "leddy." All of our all-time greatest as well as our favorite Guitarist's names were brought up on this thread. However, there was one legendary Guitarist that was overlooked and forgotten on "leddy's" thread that I feel would be a good topic of discussion. It was also during this time that I was trying to decide on many topics to write about on my next thread. I feel that this legendary Guitarist and his band that I am going to write about is a great TRUE Rock n' Roll tale that would also prove fatal. The Guitarist's name is Mr. Peter Green and his legendary band I am talking about is none other than PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC. I have read two FLEETWOOD MAC thread's here on the forum, Any Mac Fans Thread and the Peter Green Thread. However, I feel that all of you need to know the TRUE and tragic story of FLEETWOOD MAC in order to appreciate the accomplishments and achievements of one Peter Green.

When you think of FLEETWOOD MAC today, you think of a very gifted American/British band comprising of two native California U.S.A. members named Lindsey Buckingham (Vocals and Guitar), the always beautiful Stevie Nicks (Vocals) and three fellow British members with two being the only original members left from the original PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC line-up. I'm talking about the beautiful Christine McVie (Vocals and Keyboards), her ex-husband and original member John McVie (Bassist) and original member Mick Fleetwood (Drums). With this legendary mid-1970's line-up, the new FLEETWOOD MAC would achieve more fame and fortune beyond their wildest dreams thus moving on to greater heights unimagined. It would also result in forgetting any accomplishments and achievements that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC did from 1967 to 1970. But what people don't realize is that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC had already laid down a great foundation by developing a reputation in the late 1960's and early 1970's for being one of the all-time greatest Hard Rock Blues bands ever.

PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC was originally born in London, England in 1967 comprising of Peter Green (Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), Jeremy Spencer (Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), Danny Kirwan (He would join the band later as the third Lead & Rhythm Guitarist), John McVie (Bassist) and Mick Fleetwood (Drums). This original legendary line-up would truly kick ass with Rock n' Roll in more ways than one and at the same time, give you some of the greatest Blues Rock music moments that you have ever heard in your life. PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC'S early beginnings would be traced all the way back to another great legendary 1960's Blues band. JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS would solely be responsible for bringing together Peter Green, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood in his band.

PETER GREEN will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history as being one of the greatest guitarists ever yet a forgotten Guitarist that got lost somewhere in time in Rock n' Roll history. In Green's prime, in my opinion, I would rank him up there with Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page easily. However, his decision to quit FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970 during the height of their popularity and disappear from the Rock n' Roll world would prove to be fatal on his part making it one of Rock's all-time greatest tragedy stories ever. It would be during the beginning years of FLEETWOOD MAC from 1967 to 1970 that Peter Green would gain a worldwide reputation by quickly establishing himself as one of the all-time Greatest Guitarist's ever. In my opinion, Peter Green, in his prime, was the ONLY Guitarist that ever dared to challenge Jimi Hendrix for his prestigious worldwide crown as THE GREATEST GUITARIST OF ALL-TIME. Green's guitar styles are similar to that of Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page and David Gilmour. However, Green's high pitched guitar sound would influence another great guitar legend named Carlos Santana thus making Green's sound his trademark that would last to this very day.

Peter Green also wrote some of Rock's all-time greatest songs ever that would gain more fame by being trademark songs for other great legendary bands. SANTANA immortalized Green's "Black Magic Woman" as AEROSMITH did with "Rattlesnake Shake" and JUDAS PRIEST with Green's legendary masterpiece "The Green Manalishi (With The Two Prong Crown)."

There are so many albums that PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC has recorded from 1967 to 1970 that remained unreleased for many years UNTIL NOW. There are also some great new CD collections that make up for all of those years that the early MAC'S albums were unreleased. For the new and curious beginner, I would highly recommend the blistering 2-CD set entitled PETER GREEN, MAN OF THE WORLD, THE ANTHOLOGY 1968-1988. This collection contains the majority of Green's best work including his years with JOHN MAYALL and FLEETWOOD MAC. I also highly recommend the blistering 2-CD set of A HARD ROAD by JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS as well as THEN PLAY ON by FLEETWOOD MAC. As for the new collections, I highly recommend the incredible 2-CD set entitled PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE BBC, the 2-CD set of THE VAUDEVILLE YEARS OF FLEETWOOD MAC 1968 TO 1970, FLEETWOOD MAC, SHOW-BIZ BLUES 1968 TO 1970 VOLUME 2 and the 6-CD set of FLEETWOOD MAC, THE COMPLETE BLUE HORIZON SESSIONS 1967-1969. I guarantee you that you will have heard everything there is on PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC if you purchase everything that I have mentioned on this thread.

There are not many great sounding live quality albums of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC let alone on CD. But that would change in the 1990's. There would be bad sound quality live shows of PETER GREEN'S FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE MARQUEE and LIVE IN LONDON 1968 released on CD. However, in 1998, FLEETWOOD MAC'S BLISTERING ASS KICKING live shows at The Boston Tea Party are legendary in the sense that in my opinion, they are only one of two shows that capture Peter Green at his ABSOLUTE BEST! You are probably asking yourself, "why didn't FLEETWOOD MAC release a live album of THE BOSTON TEA PARTY shows in 1970?" The truth is, these shows were being recorded live for a future release but with Green's departure from FLEETWOOD MAC in 1970, the tapes were shelved indefinitely. The sound quality of the BOSTON TEA PARTY bootlegs that were available and sold in the 1980's and 1990's were absolutely awful and did FLEETWOOD MAC'S blistering and devastating live performances at the BOSTON TEA PARTY no justice at all. In 1998, Snapper Music would find the original 8-Track master tapes and Digitally Remaster and Remix them using today's updated studio technology process. Now, we can finally listen to these three part separate CD sets of the live BOSTON TEA PARTY shows for ourselves in great sounding quality as it was originally truly intended to be heard and be blown away with TOTAL DISBELIEF! These shows will definitely blow your mind away! You have to hear these 3-CD's in three parts to believe it. The other live show I am talking about is the single CD entitled FLEETWOOD MAC, SHRINE '69. This is another great live show with great sound quality.

As for Peter Green today, he is NO WHERE near the great guitarist he once was. After putting down the guitar and not playing it for years along with his failing health, his playing talent deminished. If you ever get a chance, check out the 2003 DVD entitled AN EVENING WITH PETER GREEN SPLINTER GROUP IN CONCERT. See it for yourself.

I hope I didn't talk your ears off. I hope you enjoyed reading my thread. Please comment on it whether it is a positive or negative one. I appreciate true honesty. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN and FLEETWOOD MAC fans? I hope all is well with you. I am still enjoying the PETER GREEN: MAN OF THE WORLD Documentary on DVD. I watched it before I left for California and I plan on watching it again when I get back home. PETER GREEN, without a doubt, was a very big influence on many guitar greats such as Danny Kirwan, Mick Taylor and Carlos Santana to name a few. PETER GREEN never ceases to amaze me, he is one hell of a guitarist. ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN and FLEETWOOD MAC fans? I hope all is well with you. I am still enjoying the PETER GREEN: MAN OF THE WORLD Documentary on DVD. I watched it before I left for California and I plan on watching it again when I get back home. PETER GREEN, without a doubt, was a very big influence on many guitar greats such as Danny Kirwan, Mick Taylor and Carlos Santana to name a few. PETER GREEN never ceases to amaze me, he is one hell of a guitarist. ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF,

I couldnt agree with you more, also a Great and Selfless Human Being as well, One of, if not The, Greatest Person in Rock History.

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi ZFF,

I couldnt agree with you more, also a Great and Selfless Human Being as well, One of, if not The, Greatest Person in Rock History.

Kind Regards, Danny

What's happening mate? PETER GREEN is such a very humble man, he is truly the greatest man in Rock history. ROCK ON my friend!

• 1 year later...

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110911/ENT04/109110301/1424/ENT04/Fleetwood-Mac’s-Buckingham-reflects-on-career-amid-first-indie-release

Fleetwood Mac's Buckingham reflects on career amid first indie release

Jim Allen/ Billboard.com

Fleetwood Mac had already been a band for eight years before Lindsey Buckingham joined the group in 1975 (along with then-girlfriend Stevie Nicks), but it was Buckingham's voice, guitar and pen that helped make the band one of the best-selling rock acts of all time. With Buckingham onboard Fleetwood Mac cut such era-defining, chart-topping, multiplatinum monsters as "Fleetwood Mac" (Reprise, 1975) and the monumental 1977 follow-up "Rumours" (Warner Bros.). The latter produced four top 10 hits, including the No. 1 single "Dreams," "Don't Stop" — later the theme song for Bill Clinton's first presidential campaign — and "Go Your Own Way."

But it's the left turns of Buckingham's solo career, which began with 1981's "Law and Order" (Warner Bros.) and often finds him working as a one-man band, that mark him as a musical maverick. His sixth solo album, "Seeds We Sow," continues that tradition as Buckingham explores a broad spectrum of sounds from intense, drum-machine-driven grooves to solo-acoustic splendor and even a cover of the Rolling Stones' "She Smiled Sweetly." Earlier this week, Buckingham self-released the album, the first indie set of his 38-year recording career.

How do your Fleetwood Mac duties and your solo career fit into your life?

You could say that Fleetwood Mac was the mainstream big movie, and the solo thing was the independent film. If you have the choice to be able to do both, it becomes clear that it's the independent film that's going to be your source of growth, where you're going to be able to tap into your higher aspirations as an artist, whereas the other thing eventually will become more about upholding the brand.

Have you ever wished you could just be Lindsey Buckingham?

It would certainly make things a lot easier. But just because it's easier doesn't mean it would be more enriching. One of the things that makes [Fleetwood Mac] very interesting is that we don't necessarily belong in the same band. We have a set of reference points as individuals that aren't necessarily the same, and it's the differences that come together and make something that's interesting.

You wrote, performed, produced and mixed everything yourself on "Seeds We Sow." Are you a control freak?

There's some element of wanting to control the situation, but some of that comes from giving up a certain amount of control on the other side of the coin, too. Because making albums with Fleetwood Mac is not a solitary endeavor. Working with a band is a more conscious political process. Working on your own, sometimes you start slapping the paint on the canvas and the work will lead you.

How did you go from lifelong major-label artist to self-releasing "Seeds We Sow"?

My deal with Warner Bros. had expired. Trying to shop this album was kind of like starting over. I actually started [shopping] with Warner Bros. [chairman] Rob Cavallo, who is a friend of mine and is in this new position over there. Rob liked it a lot, and then he had to go back and deal with the people in Burbank [Calif.], and when I talked to him on the phone, he started talking about the numbers he had to make quarterly, and I thought, "Well, that's the end of that." I did talk to a few independent labels and finally decided that what they were doing was something I could probably just as easily do myself.

Bill Hader recently played you in a recurring "Saturday Night Live" sketch, and "Glee" did a "Rumours" tribute. What's behind the sudden TV interest?

Your guess is as good as mine. When I heard about ["SNL"], my initial reaction was, "Gee, that's kind of obscure." I can only assume someone in the cast was a big fan. I did a walk-on at the end of the season. Irving [Azoff, Buckingham's manager] and I were talking about how funny it would be to just show up on the sketch, and we called Lorne [Michaels], and I guess one thing just led to another. "Glee" I knew ahead of time they were going to do it. I've never seen the show — my guess is, it's probably not my cup of tea — but there was no reason to say "no." It's a compliment, to be sure.

After 38 years of making records, how do you keep the process fresh?

If you make choices that help you remember who you are and why you got into this in the first place, and if you maintain your idealism and your sense of wanting to keep growing ... you have the potential of hitting a stride fairly late in your career. You may hit a certain point where any number of things suddenly comes to fruition. And I feel like that kind of happened with this album.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110911/ENT04/109110301/Fleetwood-Mac’s-Buckingham-reflects-on-career-amid-first-indie-release#ixzz1Xju1Ovv9

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I may have some interesting information here for you. If u want to know more details about financial modeling visit our website.

Great Information. I am a huge fan of Fleetwood Mac and never knew the story of how they got started. That is so strange I was thinking about Fleetwood Mac and other day and pulled out my RUMORS Album.

financial modeling

I may have some interesting information here for you. If u want to know more details about financial modeling visit our website.

Great Information. I am a huge fan of Fleetwood Mac and never knew the story of how they got started. That is so strange I was thinking about Fleetwood Mac and other day and pulled out my RUMORS Album.

financial modeling

I believe this is the first time I've ever seen someone spam the board and also reply to the actual topic at hand...

• 2 weeks later...

I like Fleetwood Mac but they are nothing compared to when they were Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. Yet no one seems to remember the blues days when they talk about FM it's always Stevie Nicks. I think she was a huge step down compared to what they were doing before.

• 1 month later...

I like Fleetwood Mac but they are nothing compared to when they were Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. Yet no one seems to remember the blues days when they talk about FM it's always Stevie Nicks. I think she was a huge step down compared to what they were doing before.

Album rock stations in my area always played cuts from that era of Fleetwood Mac, particularly "Albatross" and "Oh Well". I'm sure there were others but those are the first two to spring to mind. I also like the Buckingham-Nicks era of Fleetwood Mac but don't see it as a "step down" from anything, it was just a shift in styles, something they've done more than once over the course of their career.

• 4 weeks later...

I like Christine McVie a lot, she is a brilliant composer and she's by far my favourite member in the band.I think she's really underrated, although she composed and sang so many great songs (Songbird, Don't Stop,You make loving fun, Come closer to me, Prove your love,Warm ways,etc).She had effortless melodic skills and even her lesser known songs are good("Warm ways").I don't think many people realize how talented she was.Her solo album released in 1984 is also interesting and does not have the dirty 80's sound of many albums of this era.

• 3 weeks later...

Album rock stations in my area always played cuts from that era of Fleetwood Mac, particularly "Albatross" and "Oh Well". I'm sure there were others but those are the first two to spring to mind. I also like the Buckingham-Nicks era of Fleetwood Mac but don't see it as a "step down" from anything, it was just a shift in styles, something they've done more than once over the course of their career.

I was thinking of the song "Gold" that John Stewart did with them (Buckingham-Nicks). Pretty sure the old radio stations would always introduce this as a Fleetwood Mac song. Definitely sounds like one...

I wish we had stations here that didn't suck!

I have no problem with Nicks. I hope I didn't give the idea I don't like them because I like the Nicks era Fleetwood Mac but the blues years were still there best stuff imo.

All three distinct eras of Fleetwood Mac have their moments, whether it's Fleeteood Mac Mk 1 (Peter Green-Jeremy Spencer), Mk 2(Bob Welch-Christine McVie), or Mk 3(Lindsey Buckingham-Stevie Nicks).

For pure hard English blues, the Green-Spencer-Kirwin triple-guitar attack was hard to beat. Get any live album from that period, especially Live at the Boston Tea Party 1970 or Live at the Roundhouse Chalk Farm in London 1970, and you will hear some mighty epic blues jamming.

Besides "Albatross" and "Oh Well", "Black Magic Woman", "Green Manalishi", and "Rattlesnake Shake"(best song about jerking off EVER!) were well known songs from this era of Fleetwood Mac.

Because it was sandwiched between the mercurial Peter Green years and the later Buckingham-Nicks commercial blockbuster era, the Bob Welch period often gets overlooked, but "Bare Trees" is an understated gem, with the original recording of Welch's "Sentimental Lady" and Christine McVie's great "Spare Me a Little of Your Love". Plus, I will always have a soft spot for the Welch-era's "Hypnotized".

Obviously the Buckingham-Nicks era needs no introduction as the 1975-1982 era was their most high profile and successful period. But there is a reason those albums sold so well...there are some good songs on there by Christine, Lindsey and Stevie. The production may get a little glossy at times, but to me, the "White Album", "Rumours" and "Tusk" all hold up better than the Eagles output during the same period.

I'd rather listen to Fleetwood Mac(any era) than the Eagles anyday.

And yes, Christine McVie is the bomb...great voice, great talent. That rhythm section of Mick Fleetwood and John McVie wasn't too shabby, either(again, they were superior to the Eagles' rhythm section)...they were the glue and foundation throughout each of the three eras of Fleetwood Mac.

Edited by Strider

I'd rather listen to Fleetwood Mac(any era) than the Eagles anyday.

And yes, Christine McVie is the bomb...great voice, great talent. That rhythm section of Mick Fleetwood and John McVie wasn't too shabby, either(again, they were superior to the Eagles' rhythm section)...they were the glue and foundation throughout each of the three eras of Fleetwood Mac.

I like both groups, their albums are all more solid than most people give credit for. But Buckingham tends to do the same thing with most of his solos (if you could call them that), and can't be compared to Joe Walsh.

Just wondering what these two groups share that makes you compare and contrast them? Chicks like them, too???

• 3 weeks later...