13 MOST SHOCKING HOLLYWOOD CURSES

Bitchin Soul

I don't know if this is old news or new news so please forgive me if it is the latter.

I was watching the E channel last night and they listed 13 Hollywood curses. LZ was #6.. This guy named R. Gary Patterson was the author. He said JP sold his soul to the devil so the following occured: JPJ broke his finger so a show had to be cancelled. RP son dies tragically and JB dies from alcohol overdose. They had a groupie on commenting, I think her name is BEBE with the red hair, on denying that and saying it was ridiculous. Which in my mind it is.

R. Gary Patterson also said when you play back SWTH it says Heres to my sweet satin.

I am amazed this is considered a "Hollywood" tradegy as I really did not consider LZ a Hollywood band. Although they spent alot of time there in the day.

The crazy rumors still lives on.

Either you are making the mistake or its the E channel or I.

It goes that everyone except JPJ sold his soul to the devil thats why

J.Page broke his finger in 75

Plant son died in 77

and Bonzo died in 80

and JPJ lived happily ever after

You are correct. JP lived happily ever after. The E Channel said he went untouched.

(I did omit that) Thanks!!

If breaking your finger is the worst thing that happens to you as a cursed being, I think I'll sell my soul to the devil and become a famous rock star, too!

Anyway, the whole thing's pretty dumb, but the thing that pisses me off is that they included Robert's son's death as part of the "curse," as if it was Robert's fault that he died. How absolutely low-class can you get? Worst channel on TV, along with VH1. <_<

^They figure it's alright as long as they're not boring and usually have an anything goes attitude. They care most about their ratings. Respect for Led Zeppelin means nothing to them. It's not as if they are Peter Grant. That's not surprising because they have no respect for anyone else either, except maybe for whoever pays their salary, and then maybe not even that person.

Anyway, the whole thing's pretty dumb, but the thing that pisses me off is that they included Robert's son's death as part of the "curse," as if it was Robert's fault that he died. How absolutely low-class can you get? Worst channel on TV, along with VH1. <_<

Yeah, me too.

Hey, did anyone see the History of the Devil on pbs? That was a good show. It went from 3000 years ago in Persia to now. Very interesting and shows how history keeps repeating itself. Like using fear to manipulate/control people. Pretty scary. That Pope Innocent was a dick.

and the increase in crime that it has suffered over the years. It surprises me when anything goes right there, but it does occasionally.

thats what i'm saying, cursing....others, is different from a hollywood story about apparently cursing oneselves, which is stupid and offensive as a led zep fan.

anyway, i could care less about it...just wondering if -onselves is a word...

If breaking your finger is the worst thing that happens to you as a cursed being, I think I'll sell my soul to the devil and become a famous rock star, too!

:o You'd be surprised!

I remember the day like it was yesterday.

Robert had just checked into his hotel here in New Orleans 3 days before the show in the Superdome when he recieved the news about Karac.

They had sold 95k+ tickets up to that point and with 3 days to go they surely would have toped 100k.

That would have eclipsed the previous indoor record set by the Rolling Stones at the Dome of 87.5k still the indoor record.

I don't remember who it was that released the stats but they went on to say how many hotdogs,hamburgers,boxes of popcorn,beer,softdrinks etc,etc.... that was lost due to Zeppelin canceling the show.

I thought Shit! the man lost his son for christ sake :o

It's all about the money :rolleyes:

I don't know if this is old news or new news so please forgive me if it is the latter.

I was watching the E channel last night and they listed 13 Hollywood curses. LZ was #6.. This guy named R. Gary Patterson was the author. He said JP sold his soul to the devil so the following occured: JPJ broke his finger so a show had to be cancelled. RP son dies tragically and JB dies from alcohol overdose. They had a groupie on commenting, I think her name is BEBE with the red hair, on denying that and saying it was ridiculous. Which in my mind it is.

R. Gary Patterson also said when you play back SWTH it says Heres to my sweet satin.

I am amazed this is considered a "Hollywood" tradegy as I really did not consider LZ a Hollywood band. Although they spent alot of time there in the day.

How's it going "Bitchin Soul?" Now its my turn to visit your thread. If anyone could tell you about the glamorous L.A. / Hollywood party scene, it would have to be me. I've heard the LED ZEPPELIN rumors as well but I do not believe it. Its only rumors on Halloween. The only thing that I do believe is what happened with the Tate/Lo Bianca murders in 1969 courtesy of one evil minded Charles Manson. My late great best friend Dennis Wilson told me horror stories about Charles Manson especially since Denny knew him personally. Sadly, I met Charles Manson in person at Vacaville Prison in 1984. That was one of the biggest mistakes that I ever made in my life. My friend Jeff was a security guard at Vacaville and I actually asked him if I could meet Manson since we both had something in common by knowing Dennis Wilson. I wanted to get Manson's opinion on how he felt about Denny's death in December 1983. Manson then threatened me with bodily harm and said that he would kill me if he ever saw me walking on the sidewalk. I feel that Manson cursed me that day with that evil look in his eyes as they gazed upon me. If you could have seen the look on Manson's face that day, you would have felt like you just met the devil himself. I NEVER saw him since. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Bitchin Soul?" Now its my turn to visit your thread. If anyone could tell you about the glamorous L.A. / Hollywood party scene, it would have to be me. I've heard the LED ZEPPELIN rumors as well but I do not believe it. Its only rumors on Halloween. The only thing that I do believe is what happened with the Tate/Lo Bianca murders in 1969 courtesy of one evil minded Charles Manson. My late great best friend Dennis Wilson told me horror stories about Charles Manson especially since Denny knew him personally. Sadly, I met Charles Manson in person at Vacaville Prison in 1984. That was one of the biggest mistakes that I ever made in my life. My friend Jeff was a security guard at Vacaville and I actually asked him if I could meet Manson since we both had something in common by knowing Dennis Wilson. I wanted to get Manson's opinion on how he felt about Denny's death in December 1983. Manson then threatened me with bodily harm and said that he would kill me if he ever saw me walking on the sidewalk. I feel that Manson cursed me that day with that evil look in his eyes as they gazed upon me. If you could have seen the look on Manson's face that day, you would have felt like you just met the devil himself. I NEVER saw him since. ROCK ON!

I do not envy you in that meeting with Manson. I have read a few books on the Tate/La Bianca murders and Charles Manson. They scared the shit out of me. I do believe some people are just born evil. He is defenitely one of them. You can tell my looking in his eyes. I always wondered how he could convince his cult members to do these horrendous crimes. It has got to be a evil source. Scary Stuff.......

He's coming to GET YOU ZFF !

manson_half.jpg

:o

Why did he say he'd kill you ? Did you tell him how pissed you were he wrote "Helter Skelter" on that refrigerator door in blood ?

Damn, that's gotta be chilling.

How's it going "EpicForest?" Nice picture! Believe it or not, all I told him was that we both have something in common? Manson then asked what is that? I then said that we both knew the late great Dennis Wilson and what is your opinion on his death? Manson then went into a violent rage and started yelling at me. That's all I said to him and then he started threatening me with bodily harm. Believe me "EpicForest," Manson is scary as hell! It takes a hell of a lot to scare me but Manson would scare the shit out of anybody. MANSON IS NOT HUMAN! I spent the last two years of Denny's life hearing how much he regreted ever knowing Manson. Denny even went as far as saying that Manson has got a hold of him and he will never be free of him. Denny would take that to his grave in December 1983.

If you ever get a chance, please read the 2000 Jon Stebbins book entitled "DENNIS WILSON, THE REAL BEACH BOY." The very last paragraph on page 140 says the following:

In the end, it comes down to this: Dennis Wilson was a big, rich, famous, ridiculously trusting kid. He was a natural conduit that Manson could exploit in his desire to realize his previously thwarted musical aspirations. Dennis was not evil. He was not Psychotic. He bore no real hatred for anyone. Through the combined efforts of bad luck and judgment, he became a stepping stone for evil. Dumb angel indeed. PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS LAST STATEMENT! Upon hearing of Dennis' death, Manson was quoted as saying: "DENNIS WILSON WAS KILLED BY MY SHADOW BECAUSE HE TOOK MY MUSIC AND CHANGED THE WORDS FROM MY SOUL." What Denny did was change the lyrics to one of Manson's songs entitled "Cease To Exist" and changed the name of the song to "Never Learn Not To Love." The song was recorded by THE BEACH BOYS (Sung by Denny) in 1968 and released on the 20/20 album in 1969. Manson received no royalties for the song at all. You ask me now, "do I believe that Manson had something to do with Denny's death?" My answer would be "YES!" ROCK ON!

I do not envy you in that meeting with Manson. I have read a few books on the Tate/La Bianca murders and Charles Manson. They scared the shit out of me. I do believe some people are just born evil. He is defenitely one of them. You can tell my looking in his eyes. I always wondered how he could convince his cult members to do these horrendous crimes. It has got to be a evil source. Scary Stuff.......

What's up "Bitchin Soul?" I am not to be nor do I want to be envied IN ANY WAY for meeting Manson. I am sorry that I ever went to Vacaville Prison to meet him. My friend Jeff warned me about him, I should have listened. MANSON IS THE DEVIL "Bitchin Soul!" Those eyes says it all. ROCK ON!

HA!! I knew it. I've always said that whole thing was a misunderstanding... It's just some studio chatter that didn't get completely erased... that Robert and Jimmy were discussing fabric and the reason one heard it backwards was because they had their backs to the recording equipment. If they'd been talking about flannel, there wouldn't have been this controversy. :hysterical:

edited to add... Bitchin Soul- I'm not making fun of a typo, that's an 'explanation' I've posted a few times in the past... your typo just reminded me of it.

Archived