Rationalizing

guitarmy

Jimmy Page And John Paul Jones new album will be so much better then that completely terrible sounding and boring songs that was walking into clarksdale album.

Some of the production on that album may not have been tops but I'd hardly call the songs boring.

Careful now...

I see I'm not the only one who walks a fine line between bashing and constructive criticism. It's hard to tell which side the both of us are on.

I'll make it clear for you . I'm on Jimmy Pages side always was . When I was a kid I was pro Jimmy Page. Nothings changed for me . I thought (Walking into Clarksdale) was terribly boring. It was obviously a album of pro plant songs,and the sound was lousy. Plant I hope stays with the Krauss Project . Plant doesnt like or play hard rock anymore as stated by John paul Jones himself. Zeppelin is over, there is no Zeppelin without Plant ,but Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones could and should play new and old music together.

I'll make it clear for you . I'm on Jimmy Pages side always was . When I was a kid I was pro Jimmy Page. Nothings changed for me . I thought (Walking into Clarksdale) was terribly boring. It was obviously a album of pro plant songs,and the sound was lousy. Plant I hope stays with the Krauss Project . Plant doesnt like or play hard rock anymore as stated by John paul Jones himself. Zeppelin is over, there is no Zeppelin without Plant ,but Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones could and should play new and old music together.

That was John Paul Jones' opinion on Robert. Robert hasn't said ne never wants to sing rock. Just because he did an album of Americana doesn't mean that's what he's doing for the rest of his singing career. Clearly if you look at his career post Zep he's not stayed in one sound for too long because he's always wanting to explore other musical avenues.

Hmm--Jimmy played on that album, co-wrote the songs, it was a Page/Plant album, but somehow it's an album of "pro Plant songs"? :huh: Doesn't seem you rate Jimmy's influence very highly. Seems very sad that anybody feels the need to be on somebody's "side" here.

Anyway, guitarmy, I see what you're saying, but you did make the point "this is a new beginning". When Jimmy made a new beginning after the Yardbirds, they quickly stopped being called the New Yardbirds and became called something else, because they were a different band. Seems to me this will be essentially a different band, too. Whatever writing they may have done would need to be adapted to the singer they use, anyway.

Hmm--Jimmy played on that album, co-wrote the songs, it was a Page/Plant album, but somehow it's an album of "pro Plant songs"? :huh: Doesn't seem you rate Jimmy's influence very highly. Seems very sad that anybody feels the need to be on somebody's "side" here.

The only thing thats sad is you, you foolish child . Every fan of every group has a favorite member you do too you child . Yours is Plant , so your mad at me for saying I think Plant was more in control of that album. He was he came in with the majority of the songs thats a fact. your very sad .

He does have a softer sound these days.

I also noticed at 4:24 that he sicled his left foot when he crossed it behind for balance. He needs to be careful about placing weight on the outside of the ankle because the tendons there are short, thin and weak and sprain easily. The weight should go on the ball of the foot between the big toe and middle toe with all five toes evenly placed on the floor and the knees should be over the toes. Merce Cunningham could explain.

When Robert Plant crosses his legs for balance the heel of the back foot should be off the floor and the toes should be on the floor. The back knee should connect to the back of the front knee. Both of his feet should be in a comfortable, slightly turned out position with knees over the toes.

If he is going to stand in parallel position he should not cross his legs because it puts too much strain on the knee joints. Parallel standing positions should be comfortably wide with the knees directly under the hips and the feet directly under the knees. I don't know how he manages to contort himself into that odd parallel position with his legs crossed while standing but that is hard on the outside ankle tendons and the knee joints. Again Merce Cunningham could explain.

Nothing / Battle of Evermore

The only thing thats sad is you, you foolish child . Every fan of every group has a favorite member you do too you child . Yours is Plant , so your mad at me for saying I think Plant was more in control of that album. He was he came in with the majority of the songs thats a fact. your very sad .

But the difference is that I'm not on Plant's "side" against Jimmy. I never have been. I'm a huge Page fan too. I love all four members of the band. It's not a contest between them. (And it doesn't matter who contributed what in terms of songwriting, there's a difference between that and the songs being "pro Plant".) And I'm not mad at anyone. What you saw there was a disagreement. All clear now?

Still, thanks for calling me a child!

I often defend him when I think he's been unfairly attacked, true, and I'm a big fan.

I'm also a big fan of Jimmy Page. Sorry, I just am. I'm not on Plant's "side" against him. I think he's great, and can't wait to see the new band, whatever they're called. Sorry, again.

And if the fact that I can spell, most of the time, makes me pompous, I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Oh, and I'm off now, just so you know we won't be prolonging this conversation. 'Night!

That was John Paul Jones' opinion on Robert. Robert hasn't said ne never wants to sing rock. Just because he did an album of Americana doesn't mean that's what he's doing for the rest of his singing career. Clearly if you look at his career post Zep he's not stayed in one sound for too long because he's always wanting to explore other musical avenues.

Agreed. And the total irony is....what kind of music has Jonesy been involved in playing for the last few years? Not exactly Spinal Tap.

For gods sake...why does there have to be a "side"? Robert can do whatever the hell he wants to and it's frankly no big deal

My biggest problem with Jimmy has been for the last 28 years hes pined away for Robert like a dreamy eyed school girl. It's stunted him terribly. He hasn't produced new music in TEN YEARS and quite frankly it's the saddest thing I've seen. Finally we see Jimmy (with the aid of JPJ) say bollocks to that and go on without him.

For me...it doesn't matter what name they use as long as he's putting out music. And to quoth the Bernie Marsden album, "...it's about time too"... :D

I think Jimmy held back on Walking Into Clarksdale, to accomodate Robert. If you look at Coverdale/Page, Jimmy ripped on that album. I don't think Robert wants to sing or even can sing like that anymore. Don't get me wrong, Plant can still sing, but not to the level of where he once was. I do believe that a new younger singer will breath life into a new album. I don't care what they call themselves, that is up to them, but without Robert I hope it is not Zeppelin. I can't wait to hear new music from Page and Jonsey. I bet it will be the best post Zep album from any member.

I think Jimmy held back on Walking Into Clarksdale, to accomodate Robert. If you look at Coverdale/Page, Jimmy ripped on that album. I don't think Robert wants to sing or even can sing like that anymore. Don't get me wrong, Plant can still sing, but not to the level of where he once was. I do believe that a new younger singer will breath life into a new album. I don't care what they call themselves, that is up to them, but without Robert I hope it is not Zeppelin. I can't wait to hear new music from Page and Jonsey. I bet it will be the best post Zep album from any member.

And Jimmy is as fleet of fingers as he was when he was 30?

Keep trying.

If WIC is Jimmy holding back, and the opposite results in Coverdale Page, I'd have him restrained every day! :bravo:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My would be Coverdale/Page guitar work over Clarksdale any day. I know it happens to be my wifes opinion as well.

Anyway, guitarmy, I see what you're saying, but you did make the point "this is a new beginning". When Jimmy made a new beginning after the Yardbirds, they quickly stopped being called the New Yardbirds and became called something else, because they were a different band. Seems to me this will be essentially a different band, too. Whatever writing they may have done would need to be adapted to the singer they use, anyway.

Oh so very true. They did change it almost immediately. How did I not remember!!!???

As for a new singer, it's never easy when work has been done for the guy who is on the way out.

Either the band adjusts to you or you adjust to the band, or both. I'm sure they're professional about it though. They're taking their time because they understand the importance. I really respect that. Being thorough, and writing and re-writing their stuff.

SIDE NOTE:

If you're going to write anything--music, poems, lyrics, short stories, or novels, the most important thing to do is to revisit the material in some capacity. Revision is key.

You'd be surprised how you can take something that's awesome and make it even better.

But the difference is that I'm not on Plant's "side" against Jimmy. I never have been. I'm a huge Page fan too. I love all four members of the band. It's not a contest between them. (And it doesn't matter who contributed what in terms of songwriting, there's a difference between that and the songs being "pro Plant".) And I'm not mad at anyone. What you saw there was a disagreement. All clear now?

Still, thanks for calling me a child!

I'm the one who said "side". I didn't know how else to deal with his comment. SORRY!

Just remember everyone, I'm on YOUR side. :)

Oh so very true. They did change it almost immediately. How did I not remember!!!???

As for a new singer, it's never easy when work has been done for the guy who is on the way out.

Either the band adjusts to you or you adjust to the band, or both. I'm sure they're professional about it though. They're taking their time because they understand the importance. I really respect that. Being thorough, and writing and re-writing their stuff.

SIDE NOTE:

If you're going to write anything--music, poems, lyrics, short stories, or novels, the most important thing to do is to revisit the material in some capacity. Revision is key.

You'd be surprised how you can take something that's awesome and make it even better.

Hey, enough with the sarcasm, OK? I was just making the point that a new name inaugurated a new band (and suggesting that the same happen here). I wasn't suggesting you didn't know that. By the same token, I am not remotely surprised that revision improves most forms of art. Writing is part of what I do for a living.

Don't what has sparked this, but peace, OK? :peace:

I'm not trying to minimize what Robert has done, but I think it's provable that Led Zeppelin can move on without him.

How can you say that Led Zeppelin can move without him?

You ARE minimizing what he brought to the Zeppelin table.Every ounce of it!

I have no problem with the 3 J's getting out there and kicking ass with a new singer and playing Zep tunes,(that's a given).I would really like to hear some new music from them,first and foremost....What if it's crap? Do you want to be responsible for Zeps tag on it?I don't think so.Then again,"crap" is subjective.

The name Led Zeppelin implies and means Jimmy,Robert,John Paul and John.It's not going to happen.I would bet my life on it.

I'm not trying to minimize what Robert has done, but I think it's provable that Led Zeppelin can move on without him.

I think it's provable that Jason Bonham, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones can move on without Robert Plant, and that Robert Plant is a very hard act to follow. Good luck to the new singer.

How can you say that Led Zeppelin can move without him?

You ARE minimizing what he brought to the Zeppelin tableEvery ounce of it!

I have no problem with the 3 J's getting out there and kicking ass with a new singer and playing Zep tunes,(that's a given).I would really like to hear some new music from them,first and foremost....What if it's crap? Do you want to be responsible for Zeps tag on it? I don't think so. Then again,"crap" is subjective.

The name Led Zeppelin implies and means Jimmy,Robert,John Paul and John.

I totally agree with you...

Archived