The Robert Plant Peace Treaty....

Zepaholic

Look, this topic has created more animosity than any others since i became a memeber here. It is beyond my comprehension why some members feel it is necessary to slag:

1) Members who support RP's decision to not be part of a reunion tour.

2) Members who do not support RP's decision

3) Members who believe that the Led Zeppelin name cannot be used in any future endeavors.

4) Members who are indifferent to the name being used.

5) Members who cannot support the notion of using a "replacement" vocalist or

6) Members who support any new voacalist that Jimmy deems suitable.

I could go on and on but let's get to the point.

Robert is a living legend who has contributed so much to the Zeppelin legacy. His attributes i really don't need to discusss...you all know what he brings to the table. From my point of view, he absolutely reserves the right to remain a solo artist and an individual. Do i like his decision? Of course not! Do i respect his decision? Grudgingly, yes. Robert is under no obligation to discuss/disclose what is obviously a deeply personal decision and the reasoning behind it. We would all like to hear his side but again, we are not entitled to, in spite of what we read on this site. He is a 60 year old man who, at this point, has been there and done that. we have to accept it because we have no choice.

So, this leaves us with a dilemma. Do we, as didicated Zep fans take out our frustrations on each other or do we behave in accordance to what the remaing band members would like to see. I cannot understate how utterly embarrassed i am at times knowing that the band members might be peeking at this forum and shaking their heads in disbelief. What they read must make them wonder about their fan base. It's disgraceful.

We all need to ask ourselves why we are here in the first place. Do we continue to bicker, insult and create division within the membership or do we find it within ourselves to understand that people will have independent opinions, formed way before we ever signed up here. Can we agree that tolerance is the only way to create a site that does not drive away good people like Evster? Can we agree to disagree and leave it at that?

The common bond here is Music. We all love music and more specifically, Led Zeppelin. To insult and vilify a member of the aforementioned group, ON THE GROUPS OFFICIAL SITE, is beyond comprehension. If you have a personal dislike for RP or any other LZ member, i believe that it is time for you to turn in your key's. This is not the place you are supposed to be. Conversely, if you are a member who worships every breath they take, find it within yourselves to take pity on those who probably have no place here. Do not hurl insults, it is a waste of time. In due course, they will find their own way to the door.

I'd like to see everybody just cool it. 2008 is not the dawning of the Age of Aquarius by any means but i'd like to have this site be my escape from the "outside" world. We have enough shit to deal with in our everyday lives, we don't need to find it here as well.

Cheers to all.

I accept Robert's decision. I just think he announced the decision in a completely sh*tty manner. If he had any consideration for how the fans felt about this, he'd make some kind of followup statement to put it in a proper context. But I think Robert is too wrapped up in his own self gratification for that.

I accept Robert's decision. I just think he announced the decision in a completely sh*tty manner. If he had any consideration for how the fans felt about this, he'd make some kind of followup statement to put it in a proper context. But I think Robert is too wrapped up in his own self gratification for that.

Congratulations - it was always obvious that no thread on here could EVER be peaceful, but you brought out the shit-slinging in record time.

Still waiting for that statement from Saint Jimmy.

When people feel so strongly about a subject they will often disagree to the point of argument.

It is a sign of the strength of feeling they have for the subject matter.

There isn't anything necessarily wrong with this as it also promotes healthy and interactive debate.

What a dull place the world would be if everyone agreed!

If you can't stand the heat etc

caroselambra+

Good post - every word delivered in the correct manner - common sense and respect throghout

My contribution - I'm bored with the whole saga, rigor mortis has set in

Whoever is advising Zeppelin on their marketing/media strategy needs to be fired now

I'm a fan with over 30 years under my belt but I'm at a point whereby I'm past caring

The public exchanges are somewhat embarrasing and the lads should keep their mouths shut and get on with it

so in summary

1 - Zepp reform with Plant - fine

2- Zepp reform without Plant and use the name - fine

3 - Zepp reform without Plant and dont use the name -fine

4- J's decide not to bother at all - fine

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

^Right, but the point is that this was a peace haven thread. If people feel the need to argue, or express themselves, vent passions, etc., there are any number of places for that here!

In that case I may have misunderstood the reasoning behind the initial post.

Please accept my apologies.

caroselambra~

I'd like to see everybody just cool it. 2008 is not the dawning of the Age of Aquarius by any means but i'd like to have this site be my escape from the "outside" world. We have enough shit to deal with in our everyday lives, we don't need to find it here as well.

Cheers to all.

^What he/she said. I agree with every word, Zepaholic. It's a pity that it just isn't going to happen :( (witness some of the above posts, and yes, Knebby, that's probably a record! :D )

I'm all for free speech, but I do agree that certain members take pride in driving away other members from the forum. Worst yet, you come up with a fairly good idea and some a-wipe attacks without provocation. Then their little friends join in and say, "Good one!" The insults are endless. But my favorite is when certain members imply they're tight with the band, as if they can read their minds or they have a cozy relationship with them, and we all know it's total bullshit. Of course, because our opinions are so inferior, they have to have the last word because it makes them look superior. Far from it.

With that said, it's hard to be diplomatic with this tribe- but good luck.

I'm all for free speech, but I do agree that certain members take pride in driving away other members from the forum. Worst yet, you come up with a fairly good idea and some a-wipe attacks without provocation. Then their little friends join in and say, "Good one!" The insults are endless. But my favorite is when certain members imply they're tight with the band, as if they can read their minds or they have a cozy relationship with them, and we all know it's total bullshit. Of course, because our opinions are so inferior, they have to have the last word because it makes them look superior. Far from it.

"Good one!" :bravo:

Totally agree with you, and i would like to be one of your little friends, but alas, i am in a tribe of my own, so sorry. :lol:

Regards, Danny

Look, this topic has created more animosity than any others since i became a memeber here. It is beyond my comprehension why some members feel it is necessary to slag:

3) Members who believe that the Led Zeppelin name cannot be used in any future endeavors.

Robert is a living legend who has contributed so much to the Zeppelin legacy. His attributes i really don't need to discusss...you all know what he brings to the table. From my point of view, he absolutely reserves the right to remain a solo artist and an individual. Do i like his decision? Of course not! Do i respect his decision? Grudgingly, yes. Robert is under no obligation to discuss/disclose what is obviously a deeply personal decision and the reasoning behind it. We would all like to hear his side but again, we are not entitled to, in spite of what we read on this site. He is a 60 year old man who, at this point, has been there and done that. we have to accept it because we have no choice.

So, this leaves us with a dilemma. Do we, as didicated Zep fans take out our frustrations on each other or do we behave in accordance to what the remaing band members would like to see. I cannot understate how utterly embarrassed i am at times knowing that the band members might be peeking at this forum and shaking their heads in disbelief. What they read must make them wonder about their fan base. It's disgraceful.

We all need to ask ourselves why we are here in the first place. Do we continue to bicker, insult and create division within the membership or do we find it within ourselves to understand that people will have independent opinions, formed way before we ever signed up here. Can we agree that tolerance is the only way to create a site that does not drive away good people like Evster? Can we agree to disagree and leave it at that?

The common bond here is Music. We all love music and more specifically, Led Zeppelin. To insult and vilify a member of the aforementioned group, ON THE GROUPS OFFICIAL SITE, is beyond comprehension. If you have a personal dislike for RP or any other LZ member, i believe that it is time for you to turn in your key's. This is not the place you are supposed to be. Conversely, if you are a member who worships every breath they take, find it within yourselves to take pity on those who probably have no place here. Do not hurl insults, it is a waste of time. In due course, they will find their own way to the door.

Cheers to all.

Absolutely Agree!

Especially when Zeppelin music has brought so many people of different values together under one roof. United we stand, devided we fall.

The anomosity in post's tells the story of a dedicated member, or a newbee that is clueless.

Every single member of the band including Jason is a "living legend". We all need to be greatfull that any of them are still creating music, when in all Reality...none of them need the money or the ego boost. At this point they have nothing to prove, its already been proven. Anything they put out now is for the fan...we need to be greatfull for such appreciation.

We are all fortunate to have each other at all , music brings people together and helps tear down barriers.

We as members have a responsability to give the music its due reverence and humility towards the creaters, despite our feelings (if we have any).

Thank You

But my favorite is when certain members imply they're tight with the band, as if they can read their minds or they have a cozy relationship with them, and we all know it's total bullshit.

This is what happens when you listen to the same tunes over and over and over for 30 years. And you do anything to attend any concert they have. Then you spend a lifetime trying to learn the music after you have memorized it note for note.

The important thing is to remember they are a rock band, this is a product. There is probebly nothing more terrerfying to an artist than an obsessed fan. Zeppelin is one strong portion of our full and diversified lives.

If you have been listening and following the music your entire life and have never met any of them in person. There is a good chance they dont know who you are...and if you walked up to them in total commodery..it would be news to them. You might get a face to face meeting with their body guard!

When your entire relationship is based on "paying money" to see "your friend", they arent neccassarily your friend. That is not to say friendships that transcend money and actual presence dont exist, because they do. But in most cases its the latter....Depends on your perspective and awareness.

Nicely said Zepaholic! Tho it may break our hearts, it is what it is, and we, along with JP, JPJ, JB and RP must respect each individuals decisons and deal with it!

It appears that the only one's not dealing with RP's decision are some of the fans. (I know, it hurts me too) The others, meaning JP, JPJ & JB seem to me moving forward just fine.

Who knows what may come out of these "rehersals" we are hearing so much about? I certainly can't wait to find out!

I'd like to see everybody just cool it. 2008 is not the dawning of the Age of Aquarius by any means but i'd like to have this site be my escape from the "outside" world. We have enough shit to deal with in our everyday lives, we don't need to find it here as well

Hear fucking hear!!!!

I think some of you are taking this whole matter waaaaaaaay too seriously, to the point where I gotta wonder about mental stability, in some cases, sorry to say. Take a pill, log off this forum and take a good long look at what's going on in the real world. I think, considering both the economic and geopolitical state of the world right now, the bottom line is, it's pretty goddamned irrelevant whether or not another old Classic Rock band hits the road with or without their lead singer considering that if the global economy bubble bursts, scrounging up money for concert tickets is going to be the least of your problems! Right now, more than ever it seems, people are losing their homes and their jobs...everything...put yourself in their shoes and I bet Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant fall way down on the list of what really matters.

And, to respond to the asinine Robert Plant "self-gratification" remark...don'tcha think that if Plant really wanted self gratification, he would have agreed to taking part in a Zeppelin tour????

Hear fucking hear!!!!

I think some of you are taking this whole matter waaaaaaaay too seriously, to the point where I gotta wonder about mental stability, in some cases, sorry to say. Take a pill, log off this forum and take a good long look at what's going on in the real world. I think, considering both the economic and geopolitical state of the world right now, the bottom line is, it's pretty goddamned irrelevant whether or not another old Classic Rock band hits the road with or without their lead singer considering that if the global economy bubble bursts, scrounging up money for concert tickets is going to be the least of your problems! Right now, more than ever it seems, people are losing their homes and their jobs...everything...put yourself in their shoes and I bet Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant fall way down on the list of what really matters.

And, to respond to the asinine Robert Plant "self-gratification" remark...don'tcha think that if Plant really wanted self gratification, he would have agreed to taking part in a Zeppelin tour????

:thanku: I've been waiting for someone to say this. I remember telling someone months ago that if your whole life hinges on what Robert Plant does or doesn't do then you need to psychological help.

Wow - "we all know its total bullshit" that anyone here on this forum is friends with the band? That's odd, because as I've said before, I knowat least 5 members here who are. Why is that so impossible? Don't believe the band have any friends, or think none of their friends work at computers and come to places like this? Either way, you're naive.

:thanku: I've been waiting for someone to say this. I remember telling someone months ago that if your whole life hinges on what Robert Plant does or doesn't do then you need to psychological help.

Yep. It's just a matter of priority

Cheers to all.

Give this man a knighthood!! :gimmefive:

Thank you Zep, great post. Agree with you 100% :)

Get Jimmy Page a psychologist!

(sorry, couldn't resist) :bagoverhead:

Ev'rybody's talkin' 'bout

allisonism, robertism, reunionism, jimmyism, satanism, newnameism

This-ism, that-ism, ism ism ism

All we are saying is give peace a chance.................................................................

Archived