The Robert Plant Peace Treaty....

Zepaholic

Wow - "we all know its total bullshit" that anyone here on this forum is friends with the band? That's odd, because as I've said before, I knowat least 5 members here who are. Why is that so impossible? Don't believe the band have any friends, or think none of their friends work at computers and come to places like this? Either way, you're naive.

If you can't say anything nice, etc.

Practice what you preach.

First off great post, when disagreements come about the biggest thing is be mature and don't be a dick and you could have an intelligent conversation.

I spend a fair amount of time a ski forum also, and it is ridiculous how immature people can be there, one time someone pretty much told me to agree with them or i was stupid, so in comparison this site is much better, but most the plant stuff has been argued to death so most everyone should just agree to disagree on those topics.

most of the plant stuff has been argued to death

I feel the same way...it's very upseting to see how people are using this forum in order to crucify Robert instead of respecting him and his decision ...it's such a shame really...

personally I expected that people will be disapointed that Robert is not going to tour with the 3 J's, but I really didn't expect to such repulsive behavior towards him...

^Right, but the point is that this was a peace haven thread. If people feel the need to argue, or express themselves, vent passions, etc., there are any number of places for that here!

If peace is being sought, then it should come directly from Robert, not his legion of apologists. Like I said before, I respect his decision, but the way he (deliberately or not) cock-teased the fans for the better part of a year only to play the plausible deniability card at the end was insulting. It's equivalent to some girl giving you come ons all night, then kicking you to the curb when you go in for the first kiss and claiming she was never interested in the first place. His statement didn't sound sincere. It sounded manipulative and oozing with soap-opera subtext.

And, to respond to the asinine Robert Plant "self-gratification" remark...don'tcha think that if Plant really wanted self gratification, he would have agreed to taking part in a Zeppelin tour????

No, I don't, because that's not what floats his boat.

The common bond here is Music. We all love music and more specifically, Led Zeppelin. To insult and vilify a member of the aforementioned group, ON THE GROUPS OFFICIAL SITE, is beyond comprehension. If you have a personal dislike for RP or any other LZ member, i believe that it is time for you to turn in your key's. This is not the place you are supposed to be. Conversely, if you are a member who worships every breath they take, find it within yourselves to take pity on those who probably have no place here. Do not hurl insults, it is a waste of time. In due course, they will find their own way to the door.

I'd like to see everybody just cool it. 2008 is not the dawning of the Age of Aquarius by any means but i'd like to have this site be my escape from the "outside" world. We have enough shit to deal with in our everyday lives, we don't need to find it here as well.

Cheers to all.

Great post! Well said, and thanks. :goodpost:

His statement didn't sound sincere. It sounded manipulative and oozing with soap-opera subtext.

Whereas the statement from Jimmy and co., the ones actually involved in the project, sounded . . . never mind.

Great idea for a thread, Zepaholic--keep trying!

Whereas the statement from Jimmy and co., the ones actually involved in the project, sounded . . . never mind.

I think it's amazing how people here are attacking Robert while Jimmy and John considered to be some kind of saints...

The point is there are dozens of threads on this forum where people are doing just that. The point to THIS thread was in the title.

If you can't say anything nice, etc.

So, we are to believe you genuinely think Jimmy Page is a Saint? And that crack about him needing a psychologist, that's you signing on to the Peace Treaty, is it?

Oh, hang on, wrong thread title... ah well, something tells me we'll never need a Jimmy Page Peace Treaty thread, anyway.

People tend to forget about all the great music Robert has given us back in the 80's, early 90's and in this decade. Well, I haven't forgotten.

Let the man do what he wants to in peace.

Happy to let him do whatever in perfect peace. Can't wait, in fact. B)

There is such a thing as taking Robert Plant too seriously.

:blink:

:slapface:

If peace is being sought, then it should come directly from Robert, not his legion of apologists. Like I said before, I respect his decision, but the way he (deliberately or not) cock-teased the fans for the better part of a year only to play the plausible deniability card at the end was insulting. It's equivalent to some girl giving you come ons all night, then kicking you to the curb when you go in for the first kiss and claiming she was never interested in the first place. His statement didn't sound sincere. It sounded manipulative and oozing with soap-opera subtext.

Unless I've missed something, I've not seen where Robert was leading anyone on. He never said maybe to a reunion tour. All he said was it would have to be for the right reasons - like the 02 was in honor of Ahmet Ertegun. How is that implying a maybe or leading anyone on? Seems pretty clear to me what he meant.

So, we are to believe you genuinely think Jimmy Page is a Saint? And that crack about him needing a psychologist, that's you signing on to the Peace Treaty, is it?

Oh, hang on, wrong thread title... ah well, something tells me we'll never need a Jimmy Page Peace Treaty thread, anyway.

Happy to let him do whatever in perfect peace. Can't wait, in fact. B)

[qote name=eternal light' date='Nov 3 2008, 01:36 PM' post='279059]

:blink:

:slapface:

[/quote

Attempts at humor, and sarcasm are lost when the spirit won't receive it. Some among us,keep looking for a fight and look pathetic in the process.

Ninelives said:

"Unless I've missed something, I've not seen where Robert was leading anyone on. He never said maybe to a reunion tour. All he said was it would have to be for the right reasons - like the 02 was in honor of Ahmet Ertegun. How is that implying a maybe or leading anyone on? Seems pretty clear to me what he meant. "

Yep. Robert was clear.

People just wanted to believe something more, since he appeared at the O2 to honor Ahmet and play again with Pagey, JPJ and Jason, that he'd do other things too, like a full tour.

Then, pages upon pages of the wrong emotion on this forum and elsewhere towards one of the very greatest rock n roll frontmen, who gave them such wonderful music over so many years, gets trampled on...

R B)

Ninelives said:

"Unless I've missed something, I've not seen where Robert was leading anyone on. He never said maybe to a reunion tour. All he said was it would have to be for the right reasons - like the 02 was in honor of Ahmet Ertegun. How is that implying a maybe or leading anyone on? Seems pretty clear to me what he meant. "

Yep. Robert was clear.

People just wanted to believe something more, since he appeared at the O2 to honor Ahmet and play again with Pagey, JPJ and Jason, that he'd do other things too, like a full tour.

Then, pages upon pages of the wrong emotion on this forum and elsewhere towards one of the very greatest rock n roll frontmen, who gave them such wonderful music over so many years, gets trampled on...

R B)

some nice sayings reids...and yes Robert was very clear it's just that people hear only what they want to hear and refuse to accept the truth...they prefer to bash him instead <_<

Did Robert tease your little cock for a year,you poor little soul?Did he kick you to the curb after teasing you ALL night long?Awwwwwww,go jack it and think about Robert having his way with you.

Call the WAHambulance,bitcheyes!

Look, this topic has created more animosity than any others since i became a memeber here. It is beyond my comprehension why some members feel it is necessary to slag:

1) Members who support RP's decision to not be part of a reunion tour.

2) Members who do not support RP's decision

3) Members who believe that the Led Zeppelin name cannot be used in any future endeavors.

4) Members who are indifferent to the name being used.

5) Members who cannot support the notion of using a "replacement" vocalist or

6) Members who support any new voacalist that Jimmy deems suitable.

I could go on and on but let's get to the point.

Robert is a living legend who has contributed so much to the Zeppelin legacy. His attributes i really don't need to discusss...you all know what he brings to the table. From my point of view, he absolutely reserves the right to remain a solo artist and an individual. Do i like his decision? Of course not! Do i respect his decision? Grudgingly, yes. Robert is under no obligation to discuss/disclose what is obviously a deeply personal decision and the reasoning behind it. We would all like to hear his side but again, we are not entitled to, in spite of what we read on this site. He is a 60 year old man who, at this point, has been there and done that. we have to accept it because we have no choice.

So, this leaves us with a dilemma. Do we, as didicated Zep fans take out our frustrations on each other or do we behave in accordance to what the remaing band members would like to see. I cannot understate how utterly embarrassed i am at times knowing that the band members might be peeking at this forum and shaking their heads in disbelief. What they read must make them wonder about their fan base. It's disgraceful.

We all need to ask ourselves why we are here in the first place. Do we continue to bicker, insult and create division within the membership or do we find it within ourselves to understand that people will have independent opinions, formed way before we ever signed up here. Can we agree that tolerance is the only way to create a site that does not drive away good people like Evster? Can we agree to disagree and leave it at that?

The common bond here is Music. We all love music and more specifically, Led Zeppelin. To insult and vilify a member of the aforementioned group, ON THE GROUPS OFFICIAL SITE, is beyond comprehension. If you have a personal dislike for RP or any other LZ member, i believe that it is time for you to turn in your key's. This is not the place you are supposed to be. Conversely, if you are a member who worships every breath they take, find it within yourselves to take pity on those who probably have no place here. Do not hurl insults, it is a waste of time. In due course, they will find their own way to the door.

I'd like to see everybody just cool it. 2008 is not the dawning of the Age of Aquarius by any means but i'd like to have this site be my escape from the "outside" world. We have enough shit to deal with in our everyday lives, we don't need to find it here as well.

Cheers to all.

Thanks Zepaholic. I know opinions are strong & we may not always agree or have to agree but at least we should try to be civil towards each other. But at times when discussing Msr. Plant, the conversations can become very acrimonious.

For the record, I'm a RP fan. I have no issues with him or the decison(s) he makes. I don't think he owes me or anyone anything but to do what he feels his right for himself professionally and personally. I would say the same for JPJ, Jimmy and Jason as well.

So I guess that makes me what? "Robert Lover"? Member of the "Plant Brigade" as I've read in past threads? If so, then I wave the flag proudly! B)

But this is about peace. I thank you zepaholic. :)

People tend to forget about all the great music Robert has given us back in the 80's, early 90's and in this decade. Well, I haven't forgotten.

Let the man do what he wants to in peace.

So true, me too. I wish him well, even though I'd rather hear and see him sing with Led Zep instead of being replaced by someone else.

:mellow:

Look, this topic has created more animosity than any others since i became a memeber here. It is beyond my comprehension why some members feel it is necessary to slag:

I think Robert is a living legend, and a gift from on high. An unmatched performer with an unmatched voice. An incredible lyricist who drops amazing references.

But that doesn't mean I won't criticize his decisions. Robert has distanced himself from the group for whatever reason.

There is some sort of disconnect and I don't think we'll ever know what that is. It could be as simple as Bonzo not being there, or it could be artistic differences, or it could be something we haven't seen that no one wishes us to know about.

And for those reasons, I can continue to respect the man. I, like you, am disappointed that Robert won't be playing with the rest of the group.

What I don't like about the Robert Plant bashing is that people seem to think you can throw away everything the man has done just because he doesn't want to continue. All of a sudden we're not grateful because he doesn't want to continue something that was for all intents and purposes finished almost 30 years ago? I think that's asking too much of just about any human being. Of course we all know, that if there's anyone who could do it, it'd be him.

I think that now it's only natural to separate Robert Plant from the rest of the group. It's because he has already started it. That was his choosing and I respect that. So the group moves on, and so do we.

In what capacity, we won't know for who knows how long, but it's clear that it won't be up to Robert.

Archived