The Shallowest Generation

59LesPaul

In America the "Government" is the people, so the "Parents" are the "Government" eh? :rolleyes: It's up to us to raise our own children. If they choose to sit them down and let the idiot box babysit them then it's the parents fault. :slapface:

At 18, people are old enough to make their own decisions all of the time, so it doens't matter what they watch.

And again, why should a station like USA or TBS care about the message they're sending when it's not to children?

I agree with you,

there's already so many ways children can be monitored on what they watch.

It's not difficult to keep only one T.V. in the house in a central location so mommy or the babysitter can keep an eye on what the kids watch.

It's not difficult to block the channels if the cable system has that feature, which many of our modernized T.V.'s do.

It's not difficult to encourage children to read a book and watch only a few T.V. shows a day.

At 18, people are old enough to make their own decisions all of the time, so it doens't matter what they watch.

And again, why should a station like USA or TBS care about the message they're sending when it's not to children?

It does matter what they watch. They are still teenagers. I am not just talking about children but teens too.

No one said parents are to blame for everything in the world.

But it's the parents responsibility to watch their kids and keep them from fucking up their life, not the governments

Wrong, its the Governments fault for not being hard enough on the parents in the first place in the 60s-70s-80s-90s-2000s, all morality has gone. TV has taken over everyones lives and its TV that most kids get there morality from, and TV is giving all the wrong signals to the kids. Parents rights to bring up their kids have diminished so as to be nonexistant.

If you have to be brutal to get your kids to behave then i say do it, but if you do that now you will find yourself in prison.

When Governments didnt pander to people like in the 50s, if you got pregnant and you wasnt married then the Government said "Dont ask us for help, ask your family",

now the girl will get a home (flat or house), Government money, and she can have as many kids from as many different fathers as she likes and get even more money, who wouldnt? Her parents can do nothing to stop her, and the Government is encouraging her and any other girl to act the same.

So how can you hold the parents to blame for this when its the Government who are encouraging the kids to behave in this way?

Help me out here, please, Regards, Danny

It does matter what they watch. They are still teenagers. I am not just talking about children but teens too.

In the US at 18yo you are considered an adult and are held accountable for "YOUR" actions.

So you have to watch your own ass or "Bubba" will do it for you ;)

In the US at 18yo you are considered an adult and are held accountable for "YOUR" actions.

So you have to watch your own ass or "Bubba" will do it for you ;)

18 year olds are old enough to vote, old enough to go to war. If they have those responsibilities, seems to me that the TV issue is rather meaningless by comparison.

Looks like the sharper knives in the drawer are weighing in now...

Well, I do consider myself somewhat sharp and I am at the end of the babyboomer scale.But goddammit,take responsibility for you childrens well being.

Shut the hell up spats,you don't have a clue.Go back to whining in your own personnal thread and talk about yourself.It's what you do best.Wah,wah,wah.

When you have kids and they're grown up,come back here.Okay?

I know wannabe has no kids and you ought to respect his opinion.Wannabe has a clue and it's due to his upbringing.I would applaud his parents.

When dodgeball was banned in schools, that's when I knew parents (ie mid-late boomers) seriously fucked up this generation.

It's the parents who are # 1 responsible for their children's actions and parents alone who deserve all the praise and critique in doing so.

That being said, society has become so twisted with a boom in "reality/celebrity/personalinfogossip" programs, shows, clothing, marketing and such, it's nearly impossible to shield children from it completely. It's downright fucking disgraceful when you're trying to discuss a serious issue; be it school work, a family matter or national matter, and someone in the room references Britney Spears' shaved head or shaved crotch. That's a serious sign our society is continuing to dumb down in the sense it's being pummeled from both ends: lack of proper values and parenting at home and continuing desensitism through media.

But there's so much more to it, and I don't feel like getting into it now.

I know what you're saying. You're missing the point entirely. Teenagers have their shows. Adults have theirs. It's up to the parents to make sure the adults get the adult channels, not the children.

Wrong, its the Governments fault for not being hard enough on the parents in the first place in the 60s-70s-80s-90s-2000s, all morality has gone. TV has taken over everyones lives and its TV that most kids get there morality from, and TV is giving all the wrong signals to the kids. Parents rights to bring up their kids have diminished so as to be nonexistant.

If you have to be brutal to get your kids to behave then i say do it, but if you do that now you will find yourself in prison.

I agree. that's a major problem of mine as well.

But at the same time, if the only way one can keep a kid in line is to smack them to hell, then perhaps that says something about the parents, rather than the kid?

When Governments didnt pander to people like in the 50s, if you got pregnant and you wasnt married then the Government said "Dont ask us for help, ask your family",

now the girl will get a home (flat or house), Government money, and she can have as many kids from as many different fathers as she likes and get even more money, who wouldnt? Her parents can do nothing to stop her, and the Government is encouraging her and any other girl to act the same.

So how can you hold the parents to blame for this when its the Government who are encouraging the kids to behave in this way?

Help me out here, please, Regards, Danny

Because kids respect their parents more than government. Parents are the ultimate role model, not Congress. The government doesn't determine the role of parents nearly as much as you'd think. I would know. I grew up in this time

When dodgeball was banned in schools, that's when I knew parents (ie mid-late boomers) seriously fucked this generation up.

It's the parents who are # 1 responsible for their children's actions and parents alone who deserve all the praise and critique in doing so.

That being said, society has become so twisted with a boom in "reality/celebrity/personalinfogossip" programs, shows, clothing, marketing and such, it's nearly impossible to shield children from it completely. It's downright fucking disgraceful when you're trying to discuss a serious issue; be it school work, a family matter or national matter, and someone in the room references Britney Spears' shaved head or shaved crotch. That's a serious sign our society is continuing to dumb down in the sense it's being pummeled from both ends: lack of proper values and parenting at home and continuing desensitism through media.

But there's so much more to it, and I don't feel like getting into it now.

Beautifully said. Someone else here who gets it, folks! :D

Well, I do consider myself somewhat sharp and I am at the end of the babyboomer scale.But goddammit,take responsibility for you childrens well being.

Shut the hell up spats,you don't have a clue.Go back to whining in your own personnal thread and talk about yourself.It's what you do best.Wah,wah,wah.

When you have kids and they're grown up,come back here.Okay?

I know wannabe has no kids and you ought to respect his opinion.Wannabe has a clue and it's due to his upbringing.I would applaud his parents.

Here Here I second that.

You are sooo wrong DannyBoy.

I have a 30 yr old stepson,a 22 yr old daughter and a 12 yr old daughter.Each one of them are respectful and are doing great.

It's how YOU raise them,not the government.

Blame yourself if your kids turned out to be hoodlums.For christ's sake :rolleyes:

My mom used to say,"Some people's kids!" when a kid was being an ass. I know she was talking about their parents.

Go to sleep because you have no arguement!...some people's kids.... :rolleyes:

Hi 'Rorer714'

You lucky person you, ive raised 3 kids in the hell hole that is Woolwich-London, we have been having terrible times here lately, murders up the road, rapes, muggins, burglaries, knife crime, gun crime, all this since i moved to this leafy suburb in the 80s.

No different to anywhere else i'm led to believe, bollocks, since we have had mass immigration to this country from the war torn areas of the world crime has gone off the scale, Government to blame there i think. And dont the TV programme makers, Consol Game Makers, have a bigger impact on the kids today than ever, dont they have a responsibilty to society.

What about the fact that Governments have closed down almost every playing area and after school club, what are the kids too do, lock themselves up in their bedrooms and become cyberwarriors like us? or hang around on street corners and make a nuisance of themselves.

Rorer you can blame parents all you like, but that aint gonna help the situation one bit. Ask your mum why she cared how she brought up he kids, or why you and me still care, and she will say that she would be ashamed of you if you were a bad kid. Because she worried what people thought of her, as you and me do, but many people dont have shame enough, and from what they tell me its because they feel alienated from society, they dont know their neighbours, and there families are scattered and new foreign people have moved in to the area who speak little or no English and dont know how to communicate with each other.

Governments created all this, and believe me it aint gonna get any better untill people like us, and the Governments realise this and then retrace there steps and rectify there mistakes. If the Governments crack down on the Parents then the Parents will crack down on the Kids. But the way Kids are today, the attitude they show society, its gonna be an uphill struggle.

And dont patronise me, i'll go to bed when i'm done, or when my mummy tells me its bedtime OK.

Regards, Danny

Hi 'Rorer714'

You lucky person you, ive raised 3 kids in the hell hole that is Woolwich-London, we have been having terrible times here lately, murders up the road, rapes, muggins, burglaries, knife crime, gun crime, all this since i moved to this leafy suburb in the 80s.

No different to anywhere else i'm led to believe, bollocks, since we have had mass immigration to this country from the war torn areas of the world crime has gone off the scale, Government to blame there i think. And dont the TV programme makers, Consol Game Makers, have a bigger impact on the kids today than ever, dont they have a responsibilty to society.

What about the fact that Governments have closed down almost every playing area and after school club, what are the kids too do, lock themselves up in their bedrooms and become cyberwarriors like us? or hang around on street corners and make a nuisance of themselves.

Rorer you can blame parents all you like, but that aint gonna help the situation one bit. Ask your mum why she cared how she brought up he kids, or why you and me still care, and she will say that she would be ashamed of you if you were a bad kid. Because she worried what people thought of her, as you and me do, but many people dont have shame enough, and from what they tell me its because they feel alienated from society, they dont know their neighbours, and there families are scattered and new foreign people have moved in to the area who speak little or no English and dont know how to communicate with each other.

Governments created all this, and believe me it aint gonna get any better untill people like us, and the Governments realise this and then retrace there steps and rectify there mistakes. If the Governments crack down on the Parents then the Parents will crack down on the Kids. But the way Kids are today, the attitude they show society, its gonna be an uphill struggle.

And dont patronise me, i'll go to bed when i'm done, or when my mummy tells me its bedtime OK.

Regards, Danny

uhhh....i'd say you got a point there.

i do know this: the u.s. government has a febuary cut-off date for broadcast t.v. the analog signal,(frequency) which is owned by the citizen's of the u.s. if translated to digital, will open up much more space or more frequencys to broadcast on as digital signals are small. by ridding broadcasts and making them obsolete, the government frees up 20 times more space for more signal=cha-ching! guess what? more cash (to go subsidize our ever mounting debt/and or spending). also, by doing this, the government has relieved us of the burden of being responsible for what is on television, because it will all be paid for now by subscription.

you have no control over what your kids can watch-AT ALL.

that's all i have. carry on!

also, by doing this, the government has relieved us of the burden of being responsible for what is on television, because it will all be paid for now by subscription.

you have no control over what your kids can watch-AT ALL.

Big Brother is watching.

All I can say is I'm glad I was born a "BABY BOOMER" (who comes up with these names anyway?), because I got to see Led Zeppelin!

It's disappointing when parenting is dictated by government agencies from people who

are career minded perhaps without children.

Two main areas where the decision makers have lost the plot here in Oz:

No hitting of children, period.

There is a big difference between a slap on the arse for misbehaving etc, to child abuse and bashing.

Photography of children in public places.

Parents cannot take pictures of their own children and friends or anyone else for that matter, to prevent them being exploited or falling prey to pedophiles.

I had the unpleasant experience of being approached by an overzealous usher at my daughters concert, that I tried to film, who told me in no uncertain terms that I was

under no circumstances, to record my children's performance on "moral" grounds.

Political correctness gone mad.

Heaven help my children's children.

Well if it's the televisions' fault,don't subscribe to cable or a dish.

Christ,if I thought it(TV) was going to rule my kids life and I didn't have a say in it,I think I'd cancel my subscription.For the sake of my children.That's kinda scary.

There's always someone trying to put the blame on someone else.Sometimes you have to look in the mirror and accept it.

To say it's the governments fault for letting immigrants in and fucking up the neighborhood is pretty racial.God knows we have our share of it here and it's no different than where you are,believe me,Danny.

I know it's way past your bedtime.So I'll quit being so patronising.Sorry

Should I just delete my post?I mean,after all,I must not know a fucking thing because I don't have kids.........

Sorry for the double post but,yeah butt out 59 and come back when you have some brats,I mean children.Whatever ya raise over there or up there. :buttsmack: < There's your answer. :D

Well if it's the televisions' fault,don't subscribe to cable or a dish.

Christ,if I thought it(TV) was going to rule my kids life and I didn't have a say in it,I think I'd cancel my subscription.For the sake of my children.That's kinda scary.

There's always someone trying to put the blame on someone else.Sometimes you have to look in the mirror and accept it.

To say it's the governments fault for letting immigrants in and fucking up the neighborhood is pretty racial.God knows we have our share of it here and it's no different than where you are,believe me,Danny.

I know it's way past your bedtime.So I'll quit being so patronising.Sorry

'Rorer714'

I know what i'm talking about, i've worked with the English Government, both national and local, and the Local Police, and only the Police will take any responsobility for the way its panned out, Government wont because they are always changing personel so they say it was the people before's fault not theres.

In the 60s the Government allowed pregnant unmarried girls to be given houses, and Government money in the form of Social Security, this led to an eppidemic of these kids having even more kids and more money without having to be responsoble for them. They had little or no family support and no moral guidance from the Government. So the blame starts with the Government, untill both you and my Government accept this we are going nowhere.

And as for implying that i'm a racist for stating fact, not opinion, i am very disapointed in you. We have at the last count 26 different nationalities in this borough, and we are far from the worst in London.

Many from wartorn countries like Somalia, Kosovo, Afghans, Sierra Leon, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Albianians, Iraqi, then theres the Chineese, Irish, West Indians, Indian, Pakistani, Black British, Black Asian, Sikhs, Gipsy Travellers and of course the English. This in a borough of 223,100 people. And all of the above have little or nothing to do with each other and all form there own ethnic gangs and are basically at war with each other, who do you blame for this? the parents? Well i blame the Governments from the 60s untill now.

Now did you really have it the same where you are? and if you do who do you blame?

I get most of my information now from the Police, my sons and from going out in my community and seeing for my self, the local Government would have you believe theres nothing wrong, everything is cool, bullshit, we have had three murders not a stone throw from my home in the last 12 months and i'm 20 miles from Central London.

I hope this clears up a lot of the facts for you and maybe you can see that i'm not entirely wrong, and if my neighborhood is fucked up i dont blame the locals or the immigrants, i blame the Government for allowing people from wartorn countries to settle alongside peaceful gentle people who only get on with there lives without all the trouble that people from wartorn countries bring.

Regards, Danny

Hi all,

Who let it happen? :blink: They didn't ask me,.......

KB

Archived