Least favourite Zeppelin song

caroselambra~

Page and Peter Grant have both stated in various interviews that an album was contractually due to Atlantic following Bonzo's death. Apparently someone in the band wasn't big on a live album so Coda was cobbled together. It certainly contained less stellar material than prior efforts, with Ozone Baby being my least favorite song they've ever released.

Good God...your post has reminded me that I have not played 'CODA' in years!! Yeah, not a big fan of the album and no real 'knock your socks off' tracks. It does not have a natural flow that any great album does from first to last track.

you're right, but what's wrong with D'yer Mak'er?

Don't hate it, but is one of my least favorite songs. It's also overplayed. I'll have to think of some others, but I like the far overwhelming majority of their catalog.

I'm surprised to see "Trampled Underfoot" mentioned so much - that's one my favorite Zep songs. :slapface:

My least faves:

Hot Dog

D'yer Mak'er

Darlene

This may ruffle a few feathers, but "Tangerine" has never been a favorite of mine either. :bagoverhead: Definitely not a LEAST favorite, but I'm not partial to it.

your kidding me...i love carouselambra :)

Let me re-phrase, I'll put Darlene in place of Carouselambra, and just call Carouselambra,"testing". I used to be very interested in it, and it would be interesting to have seen it "live" in America on the 80's tour, had John Bohnam not died, and it's a song Jimmy could have played fairly well in the state of health he was in at the time.

I'm surprised to see "Trampled Underfoot" mentioned so much - that's one my favorite Zep songs. :slapface:

My least faves:

Hot Dog

D'yer Mak'er

Darlene

This may ruffle a few feathers, but "Tangerine" has never been a favorite of mine either. :bagoverhead: Definitely not a LEAST favorite, but I'm not partial to it.

^ Those are fun. I like "Tangerine", it's so romantic, maybe not as much as SIBLY and "I'm Gonna Crawl" that I love. It maybe the closest thing to what Jimmy's feelings for Jackie DeShannon may have been. I love "Trampled Underfoot" and "The Crunge," especially the line, "I open up a newspaper and what do I see. I see my girl looking at me..." and the way Robert says "I ain't disclosin' no names." I think I maybe like "All My Love" the least. It's pretty and sad, but kind of dull. I actually wish they hadn't ended Mothership with it.

^ Those are fun. I like "Tangerine", it's so romantic, maybe not as much as SIBLY and "I'm Gonna Crawl" that I love. It maybe the closest thing to what Jimmy's feelings for Jackie DeShannon may have been. I love "Trampled Underfoot" and "The Crunge," especially the line, "I open up a newspaper and what do I see. I see my girl looking at me..." and the way Robert says "I ain't disclosin' no names." I think I maybe like "All My Love" the least. It's pretty and sad, but kind of dull. I actually wish they hadn't ended Mothership with it.

trampled underfoot is great BUT it's so good you tend to *play it out* and after a few years well...

Don't get me started on "Coda" either. When it was released, all that album was for me was a big nail in the Zeppelin coffin. I've never warmed to it for that reason, and I share Plant's feelings that it never should have seen the light of day.

They were contractually obligated to provide Atlantic one more album.

thanks ...but the misspelling is intentional B)

oops... I've said that already!

But to the rest of us it just looks like a misspelling. ;)

I think I only have most favorite Zeppelin songs, there are none I actually dislike, though some I play less than others, I suppose.

these are my least favorite Led Zeppelin songs (I can't say about any of these songs that it's "creation that sucks" but I don't play them as much as I play other Led Zeppelin songs...)

Darlene

Hot Dog

The Crunge

• 2 weeks later...

Archived