new soundboard

ohjimmy

I'm just now listening too. Furicken GREAT !!!!!!!!

Sick Again is SICK !!!!!!!!!! Damn this is exciting !!!! :D

Even with all the soundboards I have from '75, I still get crankin' with a new one. :thumbsup:

Now I NEED to get this even more!

Well let me say the sound is NOT as good as I was hearing, I was actually expecting something like FC, or the St. Louis show nothing near it. It IS a better performance than FC and St. Louis however.

Well let me say the sound is NOT as good as I was hearing, I was actually expecting something like FC, or the St. Louis show nothing near it. It IS a better performance than FC and St. Louis however.

Well, this is on the par with FC in sound...in fact it has that slightly "metallic" sound that FC has. I'm going to SoundForge this mofo and really make it into something..heh heh

St. Louis sounds a lot better, indeed. But this performance is AMAZING. What a find! :D

Wow you guys are making me anxious. Thanks to those who helped point me in the right direction. Im gonna give it a good listen in a bit but I gotta get in the right "mood" first if you know what I mean. I cant do it before that or it would be bias to many past listens of bootlegs Ive loved.

Well, this is on the par with FC in sound...in fact it has that slightly "metallic" sound that FC has. I'm going to SoundForge this mofo and really make it into something..heh heh

St. Louis sounds a lot better, indeed. But this performance is AMAZING. What a find! :D

No not even close FC is PERFECT only three flaws I noticed on FC and they only lasted about 2-5 seconds, not to mention overall SQ. I don't know what source you have for FC but mine doesn't have any sort of mettalic sound in fact mine has the same SQ as TSRTS ecept those three tiny flaws like the sound of Bonzo's ride symbol at the end of Stairway To Heaven. Maybe mine just has extra special SQ.

No not even close FC is PERFECT only three flaws I noticed on FC and they only lasted about 2-5 seconds, not to mention overall SQ. I don't know what source you have for FC but mine doesn't have any sort of mettalic sound in fact mine has the same SQ as TSRTS ecept those three tiny flaws like the sound of Bonzo's ride symbol at the end of Stairway To Heaven. Maybe mine just has extra special SQ.

You may have an EQ'd version, I don't know. Mine's the original EVSD version.

I'll have to compare the two, side by side. ;)

I did notice that on WLL on the new one, the balance gets all kaflooey briefly. You can hear JIMMY SINGING above everything else! :lol:

You may have an EQ'd version, I don't know. Mine's the original EVSD version.

I'll have to compare the two, side by side. ;)

I did notice that on WLL on the new one, the balance gets all kaflooey briefly. You can hear JIMMY SINGING above everything else! :lol:

I noticed that too in WLL, my version is Bluecongo matrix, I think it's called 4 Blocks In The Snow.

I first had a basic Flying Circus and eventually got other ones like Four Blocks in the Snow and just cause it was louder I chose the latter. Same source...just EQed / louder and I prefer that version.... So I think all these 75 soundboards are the same "quality" but after thats its a question of sound balance and quality of show.

Yeah, it's got a real live audience feel to it for a soundboard. I'm a Flying Circus fan and this just might be better. It's all about Bonzo on this one B)

I noticed that too in WLL, my version is Bluecongo matrix, I think it's called 4 Blocks In The Snow.

The Bluecongo matrix does not use Flying Circus as the SBD source, it uses the TNT release. So, it is very likely that there may be different flaws since it is a different release.

Okay here is my review

Quality is good, of course, its a 75 soundboard. Sound balance, it seems to me drums and guitar are the loudest and sometimes bass.

Sick Again and Over the Hills are quite good versions. The SIBLY is good, but not the best. Its always good to have another No Qaurter, the keyboard section is nicer than the 12th, but I dont think the guitar section is as 'tight' as the12th. Trampled is one of the better versions Ive heard. Another great Dazed with San Francisco. Excellent Stairway. Finished off with a cool Heartbreaker including Mess O' Blues.

Very good stuff.

Also lots of long plantations.

I hope this isnt the last soundboard to surface.

3/11 is a great recording, however, the newly unearthed 3rd source for 3/12 is better. However, I think the 11th is a better performance.

Really? Because that 11th recording is a Mike Millard I believe, it sounds great. So if this is true I GOTTA hear this new source for the 12th! What's it called?

Also, I'm listening right now to the 'Massacre' SBD. It sounds great, very similar to the 16th two nights later in St Louis. Excellent 'Stairway'. But hey-Whole Lotta Love cuts off at the guitar breaks on mine, is that true for y'all? And does anyone know where to get some artwork for this new boot?

Got it and lovin it. I have a Marantz SR-73 receiver. It has Dolby Pro-logic, Matrix, Hall and Simulated Stereo. Sounds great cranked on Dolby Pro-logic. This is on par with Flying Circus in terms of sound quality. Haven't finished listening to the show yet but so far I love the performance.

In Moby Dick the drums are panning from L to R wildly. Who did this? The soundboard guys? Anyone know??

If You Cant Rock Me - Ricky Nelson

I found out by going here: http://www.ledzeppelin-database.com/geekba...aspx?showid=460

A site im surprised didnt know existed until recently. And if it didnt I had planned to make it.

EzyEric,

Thanks for the info. Robert was always a Ricky Nelson fan. They did cover his Hello, Mary Lou from 70-73. Will have to check that site out. Sounds pretty cool.

Got it and lovin it. I have a Marantz SR-73 receiver. It has Dolby Pro-logic, Matrix, Hall and Simulated Stereo. Sounds great cranked on Dolby Pro-logic.

I have an Onkyo and I prefer "All Channel Stereo" which may be similar to your matrix mode. I think most good receivers when given a stereo source on a surround sound mode tries to figure out where each sound should go more and I think sometimes they tend to throw too much sound into the center channel, especially vocals. Which for movies is great.

But nothing beats the clarity I get from good headphones (I used Sennheiser HD280 Silvers for this one)

In Moby Dick the drums are panning from L to R wildly. Who did this? The soundboard guys? Anyone know??

I think this is done on every 75 soundboard (I first noticed it with Days Confused (03-05-75)). How it is done, I do not know, Im sure someone will come along with the correct explanation and make me sound stupid, but my theory was that there was a mic on separate drums (for left and right) and when this affect is turned on it automatically does the panning to the side Bonzo hits. Otherwise someone would indeed have to be sitting with there fingers on the balance dial doing it manually every time.

I asked the same question on Dazed bow section which switches from left to right. I always though the 2nd hit was an echo affect and the affect is only played in the opposite side.

Id love to know the truth.

Archived