Thunderthief

caroselambra~

I admit I'm not clever enough to fully appreciate the musicianship of John Paul Jones.

Hell, I love the guy....but I often don't *hear* his playing, apart from his obvious keyboard rolls.

Can a bass player really be that prolific in the finished package of a *band's sound*?

I love the keyboards on all Zep tracks - and keep hearing that he was one of the best which I am more than happy to accept, but I just havent the musical knowledge to understand how good he is/was/will be.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

:)

I'm no musician but listening to JPJ's bass lines on The Lemon Song always gives me goosebumps.

I can often listen to a LZ track and be enthralled by JPJ's work on it, another time Jimmy's guitar riffs, etc.

Each member's musicianship was integral to Zep's sound which made them the incredible band that they were :)

I'm no musician but listening to JPJ's bass lines on The Lemon Song always gives me goosebumps.

I can often listen to a LZ track and be enthralled by JPJ's work on it, another time Jimmy's guitar riffs, etc.

Each member's musicianship was integral to Zep's sound which made them the incredible band that they were :)

TY...I have often heard Jimmy speak of JPJ's work *the guy's awesome he plays bass like a lead*

Archived